Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will the Arab Summit go on after mass bombings?

Luigi1

Forget the Summit......does this look like a country that is a safe place for foreigners to work in? Rebuilding infrastructure and getting the oil/gas production kicked into high gear? Not to me.....it looks like a coiuntry that is divided deeply, where very little progress is going to be made. Oh...there will be a lot of talk, Iraqis are real good at talking....they just don't get much accomplished. They take one step forward and two steps back :(

A week ago the RV was a foregone conclusion? Today, it looks like just another Thursday in the never ending saga of pumper land B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Forget the Summit......does this look like a country that is a safe place for foreigners to work in? Rebuilding infrastructure and getting the oil/gas production kicked into high gear? Not to me.....it looks like a coiuntry that is divided deeply, where very little progress is going to be made. Oh...there will be a lot of talk, Iraqis are real good at talking....they just don't get much accomplished. They take one step forward and two steps back :(

A week ago the RV was a foregone conclusion? Today, it looks like just another Thursday in the never ending saga of pumper land B)

Agree. Iraqis have one last ditch chance to make a great nation out of themselves. Let's hope they don't blow it again.

Agree. Iraqis have one last ditch chance to make a great nation out of themselves. Let's hope they don't blow it again.

In another development...two SK electrical engineering contractors may have been kidnapped. They been missing for two days now.

It will have and impact. It might cause some nations to stay at home. It will cause greater security detail. But, the summit will be held. IMO

Iraq should ask for extra security help from other Arab League nations. It is their right to ask for help as a member.

It's a catch 22 because it makes them look inept & unprepared.

• Upvote 1

That the bombings have increased in advance of the Arab Summit should surprise no one; especially the Iraqi hosts. The terrorists have been very clear in their intention to disrupt the Summit. You can be sure that the U.S. will be working with Iraqi security behind the scenes to ensure that the Summit comes off without major disruption. Iraq has much at stake here, in terms of their Arab neighbors and the world at large. Are they up to the task? Their keystone cop ability to screw up just about any situation may prevail, or they may surprise us and actually pull this off.....with the whole world watching. I, for one, hope so.

The Summit will go on, There has been great progress made It's unfortunate that a few A$@ holes can cause a lot of trouble I mean look at the 99 percenters and all the trouble they caused.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That the bombings have increased in advance of the Arab Summit should surprise no one; especially the Iraqi hosts. The terrorists have been very clear in their intention to disrupt the Summit. You can be sure that the U.S. will be working with Iraqi security behind the scenes to ensure that the Summit comes off without major disruption. Iraq has much at stake here, in terms of their Arab neighbors and the world at large. Are they up to the task? Their keystone cop ability to screw up just about any situation may prevail, or they may surprise us and actually pull this off.....with the whole world watching. I, for one, hope so.

Good comment. All eyes will be on Iraq as the world watches on, no doubt. Iraq will be pressured to put on a great showing & a vote of confidence.

Have the bombings increased, where is are in tell coming from.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I admit, I've changed my mind recently regarding an RV. I thought TimS was too pessimistic, now I have to agree with him. :tiphat:

It's not the bombings that changed my mind. The facts are that the GOI is still running around like preschoolers on recess, the Summit is a week away and they have no concrete plans for the security in place (keeping scooters off the road isn't a plan). They can ask for help but realistically, it takes weeks of logistical planning to pull this off in a country that is stable and secure, but Iraq? :lol:

TimS is right, regardless of the potential payoff, most companies will not do business in a country that is near chaos where their employees are in peril. Insurance is prohibitively expensive, if available, but most importantly, the laws that allow foreign investments to be protected have not been passed.

We all have to face it, unless they can PROVE the can govern themselves, big money (RV) wont magically materialize. Hard words, but if you step back for a minute, that's reality...

Have the bombings increased, where is are in tell coming from.

Dude, where have you been? Intel provided by Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Reuters, AP, .......

• Upvote 2

I admit, I've changed my mind recently regarding an RV. I thought TimS was too pessimistic, now I have to agree with him. :tiphat:

It's not the bombings that changed my mind. The facts are that the GOI is still running around like preschoolers on recess, the Summit is a week away and they have no concrete plans for the security in place (keeping scooters off the road isn't a plan). They can ask for help but realistically, it takes weeks of logistical planning to pull this off in a country that is stable and secure, but Iraq? :lol:

TimS is right, regardless of the potential payoff, most companies will not do business in a country that is near chaos where their employees are in peril. Insurance is prohibitively expensive, if available, but most importantly, the laws that allow foreign investments to be protected have not been passed.

We all have to face it, unless they can PROVE the can govern themselves, big money (RV) wont magically materialize. Hard words, but if you step back for a minute, that's reality...

that's cool but isn't big business going into Irac doing business now. and as far as governing them selves. Hell America's government can't govern them selves.

Exactly! We have to recognize that the disruption through violence is the pathway of terrorism, and that is not going to stop. It has to be dealt with through security teams, no matter how inept some of them are in their security. The US and Arab nations will have their own security teams to protect their leaders. Coordination is a key, but I don't think they like to corporate.

We also need to recognize that any one of our cities will have more violence than Iraq. That being said, how do we justify our police and security forces? Point of fact, violence is going to happen and there is very little that anyone can do about it. Watch those incline to violence and not let it happen? Maybe. But look what happened in France! And this by a known terrorist who was being closely followed.

I don't think Iraq has any choice. The Summit will happen. How many will attend? That's the real question.

The Summit will go on, There has been great progress made It's unfortunate that a few A$@ holes can cause a lot of trouble I mean look at the 99 percenters and all the trouble they caused.

The majority of Iraqis want Democracy & are for the system to work. I believe they just want to make it through the day like everyone else does. Outsiders want to disrupt Iraq's chances at stability & economic sucess.

My thoughts, not they come from any experience, is that if the Summit is canceled, the terrorists win. I don't know if Iraq would

want that as a shining example of their new government when they're trying to make the statement they are trying to make....

Just my 2 cents.....

• Upvote 1

Luigi stop stressin bro the Summit will continue just like they planned, they will NOt let those low lives mess up something so important to Iraq this is Monumental lots at stake and yes security is very tight now. I honestly think they expected this to occur at some point before the summit.

Edited by easyrider

Dude, where have you been? Intel provided by Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Reuters, AP, .......

well dude I watch fox all the time and have not heard much more then usual and as far as the others who would waste time watching them.

That's a really stupid comparison.

ok how about a reason you feel that way. makes it hard to discuss

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

that's cool but isn't big business going into Irac doing business now. and as far as governing them selves. Hell America's government can't govern them selves.

Only a handful of oil companies and civilian contractors that went in under protection of our military are continuing to do business. That's because the GOI needs oil sales and an appearance that they are moving forward with infrastructure improvements. The REAL money has wisely positioned themselves to move in when the laws that will give them some protections are in place.

Royal Dutch Shell and Exxon Mobil have both postponed huge contracts for exploration and expansion, GE and Hyundai put holds on their contracts for power generation facilities and the Chinese government has been mysteriously silent regarding their proposed $1bil housing contract. That's just a few examples.

Have you seen any recent announcements regarding big contracts and project starts? If you have any, please share...

• Upvote 1

Only a handful of oil companies and civilian contractors that went in under protection of our military are continuing to do business. That's because the GOI needs oil sales and an appearance that they are moving forward with infrastructure improvements. The REAL money has wisely positioned themselves to move in when the laws that will give them some protections are in place.

Royal Dutch Shell and Exxon Mobil have both postponed huge contracts for exploration and expansion, GE and Hyundai put holds on their contracts for power generation facilities and the Chinese government has been mysteriously silent regarding their proposed $1bil housing contract. That's just a few examples.

Have you seen any recent announcements regarding big contracts and project starts? If you have any, please share...

The IDQ Team announced that General Motors and Ford will be investing $200million over the next 3 years.

Link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.alforattv.net%2Fmodules%2Fnews%2Farticle.php%3Fstoryid%3D70868

I believe that this is a viable investment but not one that will not happen as quickly as we would all like it too.

Just keep it in the shoe box. Take a break from the Dinar RollerCoaster ride for a week or so and stay optimistic. :D

Just some PERSPECTIVE!

Did the economy of the USA stop when Oklahoma City got bombed or the Anthrax scare, Mass murders on our Military Base, School Shootings, Jim Jones or the space ship cult? NOOO!!!... and we aren't considered a third world country either. The only real financial and societal impact on us was understandably from 911 (God Bless the USA).

Jump off the roller coaster for a second.. Don't get twisted from every negative or positive post.... stay grounded.

Let me hop off my soap box... Sorry... I just got fed up with the up and down of emotions... :angry:

The RV will happen when it happens (although I believe positive thoughts can help). :)

Lewis

Confirmed Accord Movement, headed by the Iraqi leader Iyad Allawi yesterday, the first Tuesday forwarded a written memorandum to the Arab leaders, informing them about the Iraqi crisis between the political forces and incite them explicitly not to come to Baghdad to attend the Arab Summit to be held in Baghdad at the end of this month ." Movement revealed that the letter also included a reference to what it called the "Iranian threat"

The IDQ Team announced that General Motors and Ford will be investing $200million over the next 3 years.

Link: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww1.alforattv.net%2Fmodules%2Fnews%2Farticle.php%3Fstoryid%3D70868

I believe that this is a viable investment but not one that will not happen as quickly as we would all like it too.

Just keep it in the shoe box. Take a break from the Dinar RollerCoaster ride for a week or so and stay optimistic. :D

A week or so?

And then some!

Luigi stop stressin bro the Summit will continue just like they planned, they will NOt let those low lives mess up something so important to Iraq this is Monumental lots at stake and yes security is very tight now. I honestly think they expected this to occur at some point before the summit.

Iran boasted on several occasions how their people have infiltrated all facets of Iraqi government, the military, police forces & the economy. They claim they run Iraq. We shall see.