Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama just banned 1 million rifles

delta22

Dear fellow Patriot,

Nearly 1 million American rifles.

Banned by a stroke of Barack Obama’s pen.

In a move unprecedented in American history, the Obama Administration quietly banned the re-importation of nearly one million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles.

The M1 Garand, developed in the late 1930’s, carried the United States through World War II seeing action in every major battle.

General Patton at the time called the M1 Garand “the greatest battle implement ever devised.”

The rifle is largely credited with giving American soldiers the advantage and securing victory for the allies.

During the Korean War, nearly one million of these rifles were brought to South Korea and left with the South Korean government afterward.

Now, South Korea wants to give American gun collectors the chance to get their hands on this unique piece of history.

A piece of American history that Barack Obama would like to see go down the memory hole.

That’s why I want as many Americans as possible to put themselves on record opposing this gun ban by signing the Official Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Will you please join me?

After World War II, the United States government sent millions of these rifles overseas to our allies and friends.

Over the past 50 years, many of the countries we lent them to returned them to America to be bought and sold by firearms collectors.

This is nothing new.

Make no mistake; these rifles were made in America, by Americans, for Americans, to defend freedom on foreign shores.

As a part of our history, they are greatly sought after by American shooters and collectors.

But according to Hillarious Clinton’s State Department there is a danger they might “fall into the wrong hands.”

That they might, possibly, one day be used in a crime.

No mention of the hundreds of thousands of gun owners deprived of the opportunity to own an integral part of American history.

The State Department’s outrageous claims are nothing more than a thinly veiled ploy to distract from the real issue:

President Obama’s deep seated hatred for gun rights.

While his gun-grabbing base is giddy with praise at this back-door gun ban, law-abiding citizens across the United States are crying foul.

Let me be clear: at no time in U.S. history has the ownership of this firearm -- or any part of this firearm -- been illegal, restricted or banned.

Americans have collected World War II M1 Garand and Carbine rifles for decades.

Now they are sold through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

You can even purchase a newly manufactured model from Springfield Armory that was made just a month or two ago.

And the M1 Garand’s caliber or capacity is no more dangerous than the millions of modern firearms owned by Americans across the country today.

As you can see, there is absolutely no justification for this unconstitutional gun ban.

This is just the latest in a series of anti-gun schemes from the Obama Administration:

*** A new so-called “Assaults Weapon Ban" -- targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns -- which, unlike the Clinton ban, would NEVER expire;

*** An outright BAN on “high capacity” magazines -- banning the sale and manufacture of magazines holding more than just a handful of rounds;

*** A National Concealed Carry “Standard” -- designed to make it even more difficult for law-abiding citizens to carry a gun to protect themselves and their families from assault;

*** Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s “Catch-All Gun Control Scheme” -- to create a national “cannot buy registry,” allowing citizens to be stripped of their Second Amendment rights on a Justice Department whim, effectively banning all private gun sales.

That’s why it is essential that Americans like you and I take a stand against the M1 Garand gun ban!

It has been common practice since the end of World War II to re-import these American made rifles from the foreign allies they were lent to during the war.

But the Obama Administration departs radically from the American tradition.

In fact, on top of banning American citizens from owning these historic firearms, Obama’s State Department is arranging for the destruction of nearly one million of them -- ironically, at a time of ballooning federal deficits.

It’s an outrage!

These firearms -- truly pieces of American history -- rightly belong in the hands of U.S. citizens.

That’s why I was glad to hear that the National Association for Gun Rights is helping fight this power grab in the U.S. Senate.

Do you believe the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment are the supreme law of the land?

Do you believe that President Obama banning the re-importation of these historic firearms is an unprecedented and unconstitutional power grab?

Do you support Congress forcing President Obama to reverse his ban and save these American made rifles from destruction?

If you said “Yes” to these questions, please sign the Firearms Freedom Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you.

Your survey will put you squarely on the record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban.

And along with your signed survey, I hope you’ll chip in just $10 or $20 to help finance this battle.

With your generous contribution, the National Association for Gun Rights will continue contacting Second Amendment supporters to turn up the heat on targeted U.S. Senators.

Not only that, but they’re preparing a massive program to launch the designed to force President Obama to reverse this ban.

Direct mail. Phones. E-mail. Blogs. Guest editorials. Press conferences. Hard-hitting internet, newspaper, radio and even TV ads if funding permits. The whole nine yards.

Of course, a program of this scale is only possible if the National Association for Gun Rights can raise the money.

But that’s not easy.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban by signing NAGR’s Firearms Freedom Survey.

And every dollar counts in this fight so no matter what you can afford to give, your help will still make a difference.

Thank you in advance for your time and money devoted to defending our Second Amendment rights.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul

United States Senator

P.S. In a move unprecedented in American history, Barack Obama secretly banned the re-importation of nearly a million American made M1 Garand and Carbine rifles.

The M1 Garand, developed in the 1930’s, carried the U.S. through World War II seeing action in every major battle.

So please put yourself on record AGAINST the Barack Obama’s Rifle Ban by signing NAGR’s Firearms Freedom Survey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org/

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

That POS never ceases to find new ways to infuriate me beyond belief!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: The most arrogant, anti-American, anti-Christian, president we have ever seen in office! He needs to go, hopefully the RP supporters will realize anything is better then "O". :angry: :angry: Thanks for the post and an angry +1 from me friend! :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

I don't necessarily disagree with you. An historical artifact is, after all, an historical artifact.

However ... 1 million of them ... seems like flooding the market. They won't be worth as much if there are a million more of them and gun historians, I am sure, would prefer to be in the minority of owning this historical piece, rather than just one of a couple million (considering the ones already here)

Also, consider this ... and I am just throwing this out there for consideration ... one million guns. each one shot say three times ... three million firings from those million guns. How many "accidents" do you think would happen? How many of those accidents might lead to death? One? Two? Three? Let's say ten, maximum, over the next ten years ... ten people killed or so badly maimed as to find life unliveable.

You go out, and stand on the street corner, and pick those ten people who will be injured, or die, because of three million shots fired. You cannot believe that so many shots fired would not result in some kind of backlash ... human life and limb backlash.

Can you decide who among all the people in your country should die because collectors want a million guns brought back to the States? A real collector could lobby for a bill that allows collectors only to buy these guns, by going there and purchasing, and importing, or buying long distance and importing one at a time. The idea of dumping a million such firearms on the market is just not something I can see being without major risk.

I would be interested in your reply, but please, no long diatribe about the right to bear arms. No one, especially you and I, will find a solution to that question. It is going to be one of the things we just have to learn to live with. But address my concerns directly and I'll listen respectfully.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 23

The right to keep and bear arms (often referred as the right to bear arms or to have arms) is the enumerated right that people have a personal right to firearms for individual use, and a collective right to bear arms in a militia.

The phrase "right of the people to keep and bear Arms" was first used in the text of the United States Bill of Rights (coming into law as the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States). Beyond the United States of America, the general concept of a right to bear arms varies widely by country, state or jurisdiction.

Fight for your rights

• Upvote 12

Hilarious thinks the Garands will contribute to more crime... has she ever held one!? They're big, heavy and do not fit the criteria for an assault weapon. What's worse is there are people like me who would like to have one, it's an iconic rifle that served our heros through multiple wars and I would like to own a peice of that history. These American hating garlic eaters need to quit their quest to disarm us!

• Upvote 7

I don't necessarily disagree with you. An historical artifact is, after all, an historical artifact.

However ... 1 million of them ... seems like flooding the market. They won't be worth as much if there are a million more of them and gun historians, I am sure, would prefer to be in the minority of owning this historical piece, rather than just one of a couple million (considering the ones already here)

Also, consider this ... and I am just throwing this out there for consideration ... one million guns. each one shot say three times ... three million firings from those million guns. How many "accidents" do you think would happen? How many of those accidents might lead to death? One? Two? Three? Let's say ten, maximum, over the next ten years ... ten people killed or so badly maimed as to find life unliveable.

You go out, and stand on the street corner, and pick those ten people who will be injured, or die, because of three million shots fired. You cannot believe that so many shots fired would not result in some kind of backlash ... human life and limb backlash.

Can you decide who among all the people in your country should die because collectors want a million guns brought back to the States? A real collector could lobby for a bill that allows collectors only to buy these guns, by going there and purchasing, and importing, or buying long distance and importing one at a time. The idea of dumping a million such firearms on the market is just not something I can see being without major risk.

I would be interested in your reply, but please, no long diatribe about the right to bear arms. No one, especially you and I, will find a solution to that question. It is going to be one of the things we just have to learn to live with. But address my concerns directly and I'll listen respectfully.

smee2

I agree about flooding the market. It would make the M1 Garand about as valuable as a common k98 Mauser, or the Russian Mosin Nagant. Well, maybe not quite the same but you get the idea. Im reasonably certain importing that many more firearms would not likely have any negative impact on the safety of Americans. Or anyone else. I dont understand the State Departmemt's logic on this.. as a gun owner and collector i would love to have an old Garand. But, for the record im pretty sure Springfield Armory makes new ones among others. Additionally, there are wayyyy more than a million guns in the US let alone in the hands of law abidig citizens. A million more probably wont affect anything. Im not sure what point you were making regarding picking who dies. Im not arguing or bashing, im just looking for clarification.

*Also, we exported M1 Garands to more countries than just South Korea. So, it is still very possible to own one that was possibly used by our servicemen in combat or our allies. I dont remember the dates we exported them to our allies, but i know we did it. My grandad was a weapons instructor during the Korean war.. this was one of several weapons he trained others with.. Also It occurred to me there may be a specific reason, maybe not a good one, that these particular rifles are not being allowed. Like something technical. Trying to be objective.

• Upvote 5

smee2

1. ITS NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO DECIDE THE VALUE FACTOR RESULTING FROM 'FLOODING THE MARKET'

2.AMOUNT OF DEATHS FROM EACHONE BEING SHOT THREE TIMES......WHO KNOWS AND WHO CARES..... PEOPLE DIE IN CAR CRASHES EVERYDAY...WE HAVE MILLIONS OF CARS OUT THERE...SHOULD WE BAN CARS?

3. REVERT BACK TO THE CAR THING!

4.GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE...PEOPLE DO.....YOU COULD BE STANDING ON A STREET CORNOR AND GET HIT BY A CAR GONE WILD!!!! ITS NOT THE PRESIDENTS JOB TO DECIDE THIS OR EVEN THINK OF IT...

SMEE....CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.....REMEMBER ITS THE SECOND ADMENTMENT THAT PROTECTS THE FIRST............

BTW....IN JAMAICA THEY TEND TO USE KNIVES AS THIER INSTRUMENT OF CRIME....SHOULD THE WHOLE ISLAND BAN KNIVES????

• Upvote 8

Have any of you ever shot and M1 or better yet even seen on in person? Well i have actually saw and fired one while i was here in Iraq. Nice wpn but only a collectors piece. Why cheat the american gun makers out of business by importing something from South Korea or somewhere else. 1 million so we will put american jobs in jeopardy to get a old rifle. I guess in a way as long as we can complain about something everyone does. When you read the fine print you actually feel silly. So basically we are costing jobs by importing wpns instead of buying made in the USA. Interesting. I guess you never looked at it that way and more political posturing Thanks again GOP for taking away jobs just to import foreign provided wpns.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

1. ITS NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO DECIDE THE VALUE FACTOR RESULTING FROM 'FLOODING THE MARKET'

2.AMOUNT OF DEATHS FROM EACHONE BEING SHOT THREE TIMES......WHO KNOWS AND WHO CARES..... PEOPLE DIE IN CAR CRASHES EVERYDAY...WE HAVE MILLIONS OF CARS OUT THERE...SHOULD WE BAN CARS?

3. REVERT BACK TO THE CAR THING!

4.GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE...PEOPLE DO.....YOU COULD BE STANDING ON A STREET CORNOR AND GET HIT BY A CAR GONE WILD!!!! ITS NOT THE PRESIDENTS JOB TO DECIDE THIS OR EVEN THINK OF IT...

SMEE....CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.....REMEMBER ITS THE SECOND ADMENTMENT THAT PROTECTS THE FIRST............

BTW....IN JAMAICA THEY TEND TO USE KNIVES AS THIER INSTRUMENT OF CRIME....SHOULD THE WHOLE ISLAND BAN KNIVES????

Well, for a start, I am not saying that I have a problem with the right to bear arms. I think it is a right, not a privilege. And as such should be treated the same way a driver's licence is treated. Unfortunately we give out driving licences to anyone who reaches a certain age and passes a rather "passive" testing procedure.

Personally I agree that guns should be available to any who want them, have proved they can use them safely, have a good reason for having them (and yes, collecting is a good enough reason). But I am scared silly of the scenario of kids with guns. I know, maybe the rifle we are discussing isn't one the kids would have, but they do get their hands on guns and they are just not mature enough to understand the finality of death. You cannot say you are sorry and have the consequeces just go away. Once shot dead, a person is dead. Period. It is THAT which prompts me to be afraid.

But gun clubs, shooting ranges, collectors groups, firearms auctions where owners are vetted as not being raging criminals ... all those things are fine with me. I happen to like shooting guns too. Though my first time out with my Uncle's 30.03 (? I think that is what it was, or something like that) landed me on my butt about four feet behind where I had started. I had a job for two years that required I had a carry permit for a hand gun. I only had to use it once, and then it was to injure, not kill. But as a gold and gem courier I was trained to use a firearm, got used to the briefcase shackled to one's wrist, and never thought twice about whether or not I was endangering anyone. I was trained not to. I worry about the kids today who are not trained to respect firearms and end up hurting or killing someone.

Anyway, that is what the reference to picking people to die was about. If you knew for sure that something you wanted to have happen would, without doubt, result in the death of a certain number of people, hell, even if it were just one person, would you be able to point your finger and say "that person right there"? I couldn't.

But thanks for your input.

smee2

Oh, and by the way, drivers ... we issue drivers licences by the hundreds and push private ownership of vehicles to keep the car and truck manufacturers happy. If we were to have stronger rules, and laws, and an older age to drive, I suspect although it would not make the manufacturers happy, it would cut down on some of the carnage we see on the roads. It is NOT the professional drivers who cause accidents, by the way, it is the young, inexperienced, sometimes hotheaded drivers who do!

• Upvote 2

Have any of you ever shot and M1 or better yet even seen on in person? Well i have actually saw and fired one while i was here in Iraq. Nice wpn but only a collectors piece. Why cheat the american gun makers out of business by importing something from South Korea or somewhere else. 1 million so we will put american jobs in jeopardy to get a old rifle. I guess in a way as long as we can complain about something everyone does. When you read the fine print you actually feel silly. So basically we are costing jobs by importing wpns instead of buying made in the USA. Interesting. I guess you never looked at it that way and more political posturing Thanks again GOP for taking away jobs just to import foreign provided wpns.

they were manufactured in the US and exported to other countries for war. you have an uncanny way of twisting things but I've come to expect that of you. one of these days you may actually contrigbute something worth while to a discussion. try living the scripture you have posted with your avatar, it would be a good place for you to start! better yet, I'll just put you back on the ignore list.

• Upvote 5

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The M1 Garand, in service 1936–1957 (as the standard US service rifle) and carbine are American made.

Now who's posturing?

• Upvote 4

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The M1 Garand, in service 1936–1957 (as the standard US service rifle) and carbine are American made.

Now who's posturing?

This all posturing, so you want me to believe that you would buy an M1over a better made wpn? How do you know if it is real, anyone can make a copy but hey now you can't get one so you make hey over nothing. Just because you want to buy one and now you can't cry and more crying now when some bone head buys one either legally or illegally and they shoot crowd of people with it just because i guess it would be the President's fault for allowing them into the country. Elect a GOP candidate in November and no worries but from the sad state of the GOP that is not going to happen. If you are importing them then you are buying from a foreign market thus sending cash overseas when it could have been spent here. Twist the story do you.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

smile.gif

smee2

I do not agree with your opinions and I think you are just trying to put a spin on the first point in order to make it acceptable to the gun owner lobby. When you ban guns from everyone only criminals will have guns. Instead of creating new laws, regulations and bans, we should just aggressively enforce the laws already on the books. (this applies to lots of subjects including immigration)

However, just beause you voiced your opinion which is different than mine I do not think you should have received any negatives.

One last point, the M-1 Garand is an excellent weapon, very collectable, is semi automatic only, holds less than 10 rounds, has neither a pistol grip nor a thumb hole and is not considered an assault rifle. I own two that I consider as pieces of history.

• Upvote 1

It won't stop there. It looks like Obama will be re-elected. His next move will be a 600% tax on guns, ammo, tobacco & booze. He can't out law them but he can make it so expensive nobody will be able to afford them.

Harry Reid & Nancy Pelosi wrote most of the gun control tax proposal as well as the Climate Change Bill & the Cap & Trade Bill. All will be passed in the 2nd term. All will be the final blow to Democracy, Capitalism & the middle class.

The moochers now outnumber the taxpayers. No doubt how the majority will be voting this Nov.

All of this rhetoric reminds me of a person sitting behind me eating lunch he was going on and on about Obama this and Obama that. He running his mouth and the people at his table got up and left. As for banning this guns vote GOP and you won't have to worry about Gun control. Everything will be ok, the sun will sun, the blinders will come out and when you wake you are going to blame everyone except the GOP president. As 40 would say "Take off the Blinders"

:blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, for a start, I am not saying that I have a problem with the right to bear arms. I think it is a right, not a privilege. And as such should be treated the same way a driver's licence is treated. Unfortunately we give out driving licences to anyone who reaches a certain age and passes a rather "passive" testing procedure.

By law in the U.S., driving is a priviledge, not a right. A right is not something where you have to pass a test to exercise it.

Regards

• Upvote 2

As a Lifetime member of the NRA since the early 1970's I have always supported the NRA as my voice concerning gun rights and gun control. I also vote and therefore have a voice on many of these issues concerning gun rights. I vote for my candidate that supports gun ownership. Owning weapons , yes I do being an avid hunter. I also have a concealed carry permit. I am not a collector but have shot the M-1 Garand and believe me it is not a weapon of choice to use as an assault weapon, heavy and awkward to say the least. The idea of these collectables falling in the wrong hands is at best ludicrous, an importer would have a very difficult time selling say a few hundred of these to any one individual, come on . Therefore maybe this whole Hilarious isssue is exactly what it is, hilarious. As for Obama let's all hope it doesn't end up being another four years as he wouldn't care what he did as he can't run for another term. Yes he needs to be defeated in November. Just saying. :twocents:

• Upvote 3

First of all, you have to love America to want to continue an American tradition. This administration consistantly proves they are anti-American and anti-constitution.

Obama Administration agreed toallow the guns to be imported, then reversed the decision.

Whoever first banned these guns proves to be anti-American and anti-constitution? Give it a rest!

C'mon folks who's really blind and led astray? Look at the AWB, executive powers at work, and law suits against the American gun manufacturer.

Assault Weapons Ban

Emboldened by the success of the Brady Bill, Clinton next turned his sights on an assault weapons ban, another gun control battle that had been simmering since the mid-1980s. By late summer in 1994, legislation enacting such a ban was making serious headway in Congress. On Sept. 13, 1994, Clinton signed the Assault Weapons Ban into law as part of the 1994 Crime Bill.

Targeting semi-automatic weapons bearing characteristics of military guns, the AWB banned a wide range of weapons, such as the AK-47 and the AR series of rifles. Among guns outlawed by the AWB were any that included two or more of a list of characteristics ranging from telescoping stocks to bayonet mounts.

Executive Measures

While a Republican takeover of the House of Representatives in the 1994 midterm election hampered efforts by the Clinton White House to usher in more gun control measures, Clinton turned to his executive powers several times during his second term to tighten down on gun ownership.

One such measure was an order banning the importation of more than four dozen makes of assault weapons, such as variations of the AK-47. The order, signed in 1998, targeted the importation of guns that were not subjected to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

Another measure was an order in the eleventh hour of Clinton’s presidency banning the importation of certain makes of so-called “assault pistols,” such as Uzis, and requiring firearms dealers to submit to fingerprinting and background checks.

Finally, the White House reached a deal with firearms giant Smith & Wesson in which Clinton promised an end to civil lawsuits against the gun manufacturer in exchange for Smith & Wesson outfitting its guns with trigger locks and agreeing to implement “smart gun” technology within two years.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA since the early 1970's I have always supported the NRA as my voice concerning gun rights and gun control. I also vote and therefore have a voice on many of these issues concerning gun rights. I vote for my candidate that supports gun ownership. Owning weapons , yes I do being an avid hunter. I also have a concealed carry permit. I am not a collector but have shot the M-1 Garand and believe me it is not a weapon of choice to use as an assault weapon, heavy and awkward to say the least. The idea of these collectables falling in the wrong hands is at best ludicrous, an importer would have a very difficult time selling say a few hundred of these to any one individual, come on . Therefore maybe this whole Hilarious isssue is exactly what it is, hilarious. As for Obama let's all hope it doesn't end up being another four years as he wouldn't care what he did as he can't run for another term. Yes he needs to be defeated in November. Just saying. :twocents:

As a Lifetime member of the NRA since 1970, you're most certainly familiar with the AWB signed in 1994.

It makes little difference what party is in office, the government will gradually remove the right to bare arms from the constitution. We as citizens can raise out voices in protest, petition congress, and even vote to make sure this doesn't happen, but in reality we will wake up one morning and the "right to bare arms" will be gone! Especially if we continue down the path we are traveling.

Our president has no problem signing bills into law that have bee considered in secret.

We the people need to wake up! We need a fresh congress and president.

• Upvote 1

Mojak. Yes I am and without the voice of the NRA some of the issues presented would never have been defeated if it were not for NRA Legislation supporters. Your knowledge would lead me to believe you are also an avid NRA supporter. I may be mistaken but IMHO, besides our elected Pro-gun Govs, State Reps, Congressmen, and Senators the NRA is more than likely our biggest voice concerning gun rights and gun control. This has been an ongoing issue for many years and it just gets more and more out of control. Every time there is an outbreak in violence where people are killed by guns it's " jump on the band wagon " time. We have a long up-hill fight but I believe we must keep fighting for what is right. Thanks.

Man I totally disagree. First I have also shot the garand and its a wonderful gun. A semi auto 30-06 that will take deer, bear. elk or what ever you want to take with it.

Second yes you can buy them here and it will cost you a arm and a leg. Why not let the market get flooded so the average American can afford this fine weapon. Sounds to me like somebody's getting a kickback for stopping it. I could see Springfield Arms shelling out some doe to ensure that its their rifle you buy instead of a cheaper M1.

Just about everyone has seen one . If you have and know guns you know about this one, there pricey , but one of the Best power guns out there. I own A M1 Garand and The M1 Carb both of them are my favorites! :P Watch Mith Busters on Guns that can shoot bullets that travel in water the Best . The M1 Garand was the only gun that could travel a bullet in water and penetrate the Rubber block enough to kill anyone at a good distance I might add!!!!! All the other guns they tried the bullet stopped really fast in water and the bullet broke apart in some cases in pieces.

You can buy this gun all day long there are plenty of them from the War

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=278377960

• Upvote 1

This all posturing, so you want me to believe that you would buy an M1over a better made wpn? How do you know if it is real, anyone can make a copy but hey now you can't get one so you make hey over nothing. Just because you want to buy one and now you can't cry and more crying now when some bone head buys one either legally or illegally and they shoot crowd of people with it just because i guess it would be the President's fault for allowing them into the country. Elect a GOP candidate in November and no worries but from the sad state of the GOP that is not going to happen. If you are importing them then you are buying from a foreign market thus sending cash overseas when it could have been spent here. Twist the story do you.

Its Obvious that you know absolutely nothing about firearms. I have read a lot of your post and sometimes you make some very good points. This is not one of those times. I suggest you stick with topics you know something about. To try to debate on a subject you know nothing about makes you come off as being a little off.