Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

delete the zeros will lead to re-structure and currency composition

JustNTime

Economist: delete the zeros will lead to re-structure and currency composition

17/03/2012

Mosul - Walid money is

brought to the Centre of Regional Studies at the University of Mosul during a panel discussion on the future light of the national currency of Iraq and its role in the development of the Iraqi economy. And saw a researcher at the School of Management and Economics at the University of Mosul, Dr Hashim Aercop that the process of changing the currency can achieve goals positive, considering it an important step to reform the monetary and reform the system of currency management, and enhance the confidence of the citizen and investor in the national economy, especially with the continued effectiveness of monetary policy, as well as their potential in end the phenomenon of dollarization in the daily dealings, and the introduction of modern techniques in daily transactions.

However, the researcher explained in exchange for the possibility that the realized adverse effects in the process of lifting the zeros of the failure to achieve the desired results from the change of control of inflation, as it may increase inflation rates greater than the rates natural, especially with the increase in government spending across Moisnath large. He Aercop that talk about money and changes receives attention in the past, present and future because there is no currency exchange in everyday life but the money was synonymous with her, describing the money as the invention of the social because it is linked to the needs of human and developments. explained Aercop that the concept of lifting the zeros or the deletion of zeros is a term that refers to actions that would improve the situation of the national currency by removing or deleting zeros or numbers of the old currency, confirming the presence of benefits expected to raise the zeros of these benefits as a justification for the monetary authority (banks Central) in the control of the trends in the money supply through a performance career in the management of liquidity, and they achieve the goal of Mali is the stability of the value of the currency and the absorption of the surplus, and they are necessary to keep pace with economic changes and economic reform policies.

and the number of Aercop set of conditions and factors, which aims to make the process of positive impact and contribute to promoting and sustaining economic stability, including the need for a clear economic policy and specific objectives and tasks, and the optimal use of economic resources (human and material) available and the steps of scientific diversity of the economy through the regular update of the agricultural sector, and provides cash reserves the right of foreign currency convertible, and that the foreign debt at acceptable levels and does not constitute a burden on the economy, and completion of legal and administrative legislation that are related to the process.

Aercop and spoke about the need to reform the system of payments through cash benefits at both the horizontal and vertical. At the horizontal level, the deletion of the three leading zeros to convert 30 trillion dinars to 30 billion dinars by deleting three zeros from the currency and replace the current in order to facilitate the process of dealing arithmetic. On the vertical plane, the deletion of zeros would lead to the restructuring of the currency and installed. He Aercop that the process of changing the currency achieved benefits is to promote confidence with one of the symbols of national sovereignty of the country, and promote confidence in the national currency of the citizen, and to facilitate the process of trade within the country, and re-use of coins cash. and eating Aercop justification for the deletion of zeros.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

Question. Article says the money supply will be brought down from 30 trillion to 30 billion BY deleting zeros from currency. If it were to RV wouldnt the CBI be bringing down the money supply through auctions which sets existing currency up to absorb full value for an RV? If they are waiting for the deletion of zeros to bring it down to 30 billion sounds like the L-word. Believe me... I'm invested and an RV believer.. But this article is throwing me off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Question. Article says the money supply will be brought down from 30 trillion to 30 billion BY deleting zeros from currency. If it were to RV wouldnt the CBI be bringing down the money supply through auctions which sets existing currency up to absorb full value for an RV? If they are waiting for the deletion of zeros to bring it down to 30 billion sounds like the L-word. Believe me... I'm invested and an RV believer.. But this article is throwing me off.

Cause thats exactly what it is....the RV would come AFTER the dirty L-word.....

Not what we want....there really is too much confusion on what they are saying because a lot of the gurus have their own spin on it which makes it sound great but its the exact opposite of what we want to happen.....

Slow and steady is the way to go, not by deleting the zeros....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

There ya have it. 30 trillion to 30 BILLION... there is our RV... but when? B)

I don't quite understand your excitement?

30 T to 30 B also means our 1 Million IQD with then equal 1,000. Even if they raise it to a dollar it would be worth $1,000.

I don't like that so many officials and experts from the CBI are saying the same thing :(

We all see many articles that talk about removing the zeros and we like to believe it is a smoke screen or they made a mistake and will take 3 zeros off of the rate...

The problem as I see it is that this will also be a revenue neutral event for Iraq as well as for us?

Cheers,

DrC

• Upvote 1

fnbplanet, I am anxious to hear what you think of this article.

There is so much good information, again, I think this may be an education piece. I have never seen (and that can mean nothing) a better explaination of "lifting":

"...the concept of lifting the zeros or the deletion of zeros is a term that refers to actions that would improve the situation of the national currency by removing or deleting zeros or numbers of the old currency..."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is exactly how I read it also but, if someone has a logical explanation of how this will benefit us other than maybe hoping for a small rate of return, I'm all ears! I want to be rich too!

Scares the hell out of me.

• Upvote 1

Cooked, have you ever wondered why the CBI has talked about deleting zero's and new currency for practically 8 years and still appears to be working on it? Either Iraq likes to talk just to hear its head rattle or they send information and misinformation to keep countries and people confused as to what they are doing. An analogy; its like the circus, the clowns run all over the place in ring 1, the audience is focused on the clowns, they laugh and not notice in ring 3 the lions and tigers have arrived. But the audience did not see them because their focus was on the clowns. When the lights come up over ring 3 everyone is surprised.

My thought is, don't focus so much on the deletion of zero's articles have to say, but keep track of what they are getting done, and you might just see the whole picture. One more thing, have you noticed of all the articles we read the ones that are most confusing and confounding are those on the new currency and deletion of zero's? And have they ever been truthful? Years they said they were working on this project, last summer it was on the desk of Parliament, even said the bill had been read once, now we read they are still working on the project.....well they either never did what they said, or someone sent them back to work on it again...maybe. Don't get worked up yet, until we know the truth of the matter.

• Upvote 6