Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Committee Formed / September Implementation?

PUNT18

Why would they tell speculators they have six months to buy up all the IDQ they can? Perhaps to give speculators the false thought that they put off buying up dinars until May or June?

I'm hoping anything we are seeing now is misdirection and the RV will happen much sooner.

I think exactly the same way. Here's to hoping!

The Iraqi government says that the process of deletion of zeros from the local currency will increase the phenomenon of money laundering and is working to convince the central bank need to stop work on the project.

This is an article with old information. It is still the debate continued. This sentence we see the government does not want the deletion of zero's because the fear of counterfeiting. Last summer they raised their concern, today as in right now their fears are proven, there is a problem. Here is my confusion with this argument, why would the government be concerned about counterfeiting if Iraq deletes the zero's, as in lop? I would think there would be more of concern if they didn't lop and raised the rate and changed out the currency. So the debate we are reading, we may all be misinterpreting the debate.

And harmony of the Securities of the government's position to delete the zeros and says that adversely affect the financial trading in the stock market.

This has not changed from previous articles, the Securities Commission is concerned it will effect the stock market adversely. In a RD scenario it will have no real effect on investments, but there could be some confusion for the people. But confusion can be calmed by education. So why would the Securities Commission be concerned at all? Again are we misinterpreting the debate?

The main Manmam Central Bank in managing monetary policy in the country and raise the level of the values ​​of the Iraqi dinar and tackle inflation.

This is the CBI's mission statement in this article. This is their job, I find it interesting it is the last statement made in this article. I like it. Reading these articles over and over, and reading of the resistance from the government and Securities, if it was an RD I do not see they would have such a concern. An RV yes, I think they would. So for me I see a missing piece that is not being reported in these articles. JMO.

• Upvote 3

There will be increased public awareness in the coming months. the new committe has set september as the time for implementation of deleting the three zeroes. now everyone has their rate and date. a central bank doesnt give clues to a revalue even when the change is small. I find it odd, that most people believe the cbi would give them a rate and date months ahead of time, on possibly the biggest exchange rate increase in history of mankind. well, the cbi says they are going to increase public awareness, so we should see more specifics coming very shortly. Someone explain why they think the cbi is blatantly advertising a rv. because im really really trying to have an open mind, but theres no logic that i can see

Edited by truthful1

I think this is the last 'deleting zeros' article I'm gonna try to digest....I think this is what Shabs is going for but I honestly don't think Maliki is gonna let an RD happen. I am a Christian and truly think that the bible foretells Babylon being rebuilt and ultimately destroyed again for a final time....I think whats fixing to happen is so big it's beyond our comprehension of whats possible or whats not....I have also always thought it was gonna come out at 1:1 but lately I have been thinking it could come out higher.....Babylon is being rebuilt right now, their 'debut' is certainly not gonna be an RD and slow growth, this is gonna be huge.....I don't have a link to prove my belief.....

I'm going to stop thinking because you are thinking my exact thoughts for me...

• Upvote 1

I also know that there is always the possibility that this could not work out as we'd like. I CHOOSE to look and comment on ways that it CAN happen, and believe that it WILL RV at a buck or more.

I'm right there with you. I choose to stay on the positive side, but do know what can happen. :)

• Upvote 1

No some of them call themselves realists.Best to all;

Is that another cheap shot at me. i will say it is, based on our conversation the other day. is it so hard for people to talk about this. everyone answers out of optimism or hopefullness a rv will happen. This is a redenomination article. Can we please have the ability to talk about why it is or isnt. people here want to call people lopsters or other crap. Its like a form of political correctness.or.dinar correctness.if.people even comment on a rd. the public awareness is coming on this topic. dont you guys and gals what to talk.about it with civil people. I am disheartened by people inability to converse at all on this subject. its sad we cant, put the emotion aside and our opinions and look at these articles together whatever the outcome is. We have a huge number of people who believe. rv misconceptions of this investment because the real conversations and truths can never be had. we sprinkle sugar on top of everything and people are cherio and go on their way repeating misinformation and outright wrong interpretations. i defend a rv just as much as a possibility of a rd. I call on every member to put there opinions aside and start debating these articles together. then go and defend your position. we all want a rv...

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is that another cheap shot at me. i will say it is, based on our conversation the other day. is it so hard for people to talk about this. everyone answers out of optimism or hopefullness a rv will happen. This is a redenomination article. Can we please have the ability to talk about why it is or isnt. people here want to call people lopsters or other crap. Its like a form of political correctness.or.dinar correctness.if.people even comment on a rd. the public awareness is coming on this topic. dont you guys and gals what to talk.about it with civil people. I am disheartened by people inability to converse at all on this subject. its sad we cant, put the emotion aside and our opinions and look at these articles together whatever the outcome is. We have a huge number of people who believe. rv misconceptions of this investment because the real conversations and truths can never be had. we sprinkle sugar on top of everything and people are cherio and go on their way repeating misinformation and outright wrong interpretations. i defend a rv just as much as a possibility of a rd. I call on every member to put there opinions aside and start debating these articles together. then go and defend your position. we all want a rv...

I would agree this article leans to an RD. But I think it also visits the debate between CBI and the government as well as the Securities Commission. For me I find it confusing, on one hand you have the CBI who seems to be preparing for the deletion of zero's and new currency. On the other you have the government who is concerned about the money changers and counterfeiters, which they are now experiencing. Now for me I find it puzzling, in an RD which a neutral event, I do not see how money changers and or counterfeiters could be a big problem for Iraq. However an RV would be a grave concern I would think.

Then we have the Securities Commission concerned it would effect the stock market. We know in an RD situation it would not have an effect on investments. So why the concern from Securities? I just feel we have a missing link or piece to the process.

• Upvote 3

"Well even if I know the answer I can't tell you"

very good Elixirbaby thank you Sir.

My point with his "if I new the answer I couldn't tell you" comment. I think shabibi is an honest man and when caught off guard he can't lie so he makes a joke about it. If revaluation was not the direction they are going in then he could have said there will no revaluation but we will redominate.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/100683-shabibi-in-dc-4-19-2011-video/#ixzz1oZALVb4b

My point with his "if I new the answer I couldn't tell you" comment. I think shabibi is an honest man and when caught off guard he can't lie so he makes a joke about it. If revaluation was not the direction they are going in then he could have said there will no revaluation but we will redominate.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/100683-shabibi-in-dc-4-19-2011-video/#ixzz1oZALVb4b

Yeah you make a great point and his choice of words I find significant, thanks for sharing.

I would agree this article leans to an RD. But I think it also visits the debate between CBI and the government as well as the Securities Commission. For me I find it confusing, on one hand you have the CBI who seems to be preparing for the deletion of zero's and new currency. On the other you have the government who is concerned about the money changers and counterfeiters, which they are now experiencing. Now for me I find it puzzling, in an RD which a neutral event, I do not see how money changers and or counterfeiters could be a big problem for Iraq. However an RV would be a grave concern I would think.

Then we have the Securities Commission concerned it would effect the stock market. We know in an RD situation it would not have an effect on investments. So why the concern from Securities? I just feel we have a missing link or piece to the process.

I totally agree zig. there are many missing pieces. Nice post.

• Upvote 1

Truthful1 Dude or Dudette.............NO that was not directed at you,note the term "some"! I will always direct a specific response to the specefic person,I don't hit and run. Best to all

Edited by caz1104

Truthful1 Dude or Dudette.............NO that was not directed at you,note the term "some"! I will always direct a specific response to the specefic person,I don't hit and run. Best to all

Ok. thanks for the response. you know, my interpretation of an article, is not always my opinion.

i think we all should interpret the articles for what they are first, and then give our opinions second. I agree i can see a viewpoint of an rv here as well as a rd. Lets debate the interpretations and. then give some viewpoints.

Edited by truthful1

this article is from 2010

Iraqi Stock Exchange does not fear the plan to abolish the three zeros from the dinar

Assured the chairman of the Securities Abdul Razzaq al-Saadi holders of shares in companies traded on the Iraqi Stock Exchange on the future of their investments in the event of a government decision to cancel the implementation of three zeros from the Iraqi dinar.

Saadi added that the write-off zeros from the Iraqi currency will not affect the stock market and trading in its shares, adding that this issue is «do not worry us in stock, they are only regulatory issue». Coincided assurances Saadi, with explanations provided by Consultant of the Central Bank of Iraq the appearance of Mohammed Saleh on the subject, as it stressed that the cancellation of zeros from the currency is a national project strategically to reform the currency of Iraq and needs to be discussion between the bank and the government to come, stressing that the move would not adversely affect the citizens, but will facilitate the exchange system and currency bank deposit and withdrawal, and «We are a country that does not deal cards draw but Cash», adding that «the money supply current is a« product of the stage of inflation experienced by Iraq 20 years ago, which is not the product of economic development are real, but the result of loans and financing and inflation in the the general budget ».

The Chief Executive of the Association of Iraqi private banks Abdulaziz, Hassoun's «life», that the intention of the Central Bank of deleting three zeros from the national currency requires careful consideration, in order to avoid chaos and confusion in the commercial market, in the absence of capabilities required to implement the resolution, which aims to get rid of the money supply large that are being handled now, and that increased to 27 trillion dinars, and led to problems for many commercial transactions and the banks, pointing out that the implementation of the resolution needs to be a sufficient number of banks and their branches to undertake to facilitate the implementation process, while considered among the Academy delete zeros step towards an increase in the national currency, instead of dealing in foreign currencies, especially the dollar, stressing that such a decision «means added strength of the Iraqi dinar».

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNewsAr.aspx%3Fid%3D14288&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

Edited by MANNY99
  • Upvote 1