Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vacation Timeis Approaching

WorkerBee

Spring break is almost upon us! My husband and I don't get to take one very often but I'm thinking we made need one this year or at least dream of having one this year. The last real vacation we had was for our 20th wedding anniversay, we splurged and flew to Cancun and had the best time.

So I'm just wondering, looking for some ideas of what might be possible, what is your favorite destination and why?

(My only rule on vacations is, if it involves an 8 or 9 hour drive, it better end at the ocean!)

• Upvote 1

About 2 weeks in a little hut with a see thru floor over the lagoon just off the beach in Fiji with a hammock for two...That's All I Need...

[/quote

Nice! But that would be an after RV vacation unless Groupon is going to cough up the deal of the century! :lol:

Olympic Peninsula for the big native Steelhead. I go to the Hoh River every year for 20+ lbs torpedoes of fury. Love it. :) Thanks for asking.

It's only 3.5 to 4hr drive, but the ocean is just down river. Drive along the ocean for awhile to get there.

• Upvote 1

***///

Little alpine village called Helen, Georgia.

Right here in the Good 'Ol USA.

Have the folks at the Inn pack you a picnic lunch & go eat it on a big rock

by the waterfall, under the majestic trees.

This is a swell place to re-charge your batteries before the big RV.

You'll be contributing to the local economy, too.

Have fun!

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

Mountains <------------- Or---------------------> Beach ... decisions, decisions!unsure.gif

I was thinking of either a cabin in the Smokey Mountains or a Beach front place in either Jamaica or Bahama's (but Fiji looks nice)... post RV so I can do it right! wink.gif

Olympic Peninsula for the big native Steelhead. I go to the Hoh River every year for 20+ lbs torpedoes of fury. Love it. :) Thanks for asking.

It's only 3.5 to 4hr drive, but the ocean is just down river. Drive along the ocean for awhile to get there.

Had to google that one, I'm from the deep south. This place has a little of everything!

http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/

***///

Little alpine village called Helen, Georgia.

Right here in the Good 'Ol USA.

Have the folks at the Inn pack you a picnic lunch & go eat it on a big rock

by the waterfall, under the majestic trees.

This is a swell place to re-charge your batteries before the big RV.

You'll be contributing to the local economy, too.

Have fun!

Been there, had fun! :P

Best kept little secret for quickie getaway!

Sumthin' fer everybody:

Waterfalls, Golf, Brauhaus Bier, chalets, floatin' down a lazy river in a tube. B)

('cept the river runs right under the biergarten deck and makes me

think I have to pee twice as often!) :P:lol:

Is the Cabbage Patch Doll headquarters still in thet neck o' the woods?

My girlfriend at the time just loved that -- adopted one 'o those things!...

I didn't sue for shared custody when we broke up! :lol:

I'm leaving for Lake Tahoe Thursday. It's one of the most beautiful places in the United States. It's been 12 yrs since I was last there. I can't wait.

Yes very pretty from what we could see from the hotel. We were there on business for a couple of days but it was snowing and we don't know how to drive in the snow so we stayed put. :( Let the shuttle get us to and from the airport.

Camping in the redwoods at Patrick's Point State Park near Trinidad, Ca. Looking forward to going this summer.

KK

Ok, this really interests me because one of my to do's before I die is to see the Redwood and Petrified Forests. I've only read about them in encyclopedias but they sound like someplace where you would have a come to Jesus meeting.

Had to google that one, I'm from the deep south. This place has a little of everything!

http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/

I like the whole area, and my mother lives in Port Angeles, but I go to Forks. The Hoh, Sol Duc, and Bogacheil Rivers are all close to that particular area. Plus all the tributaries. I just really feel Gods persuasion better when I'm on the river. A person once said "I'd rather be fishing thinking about God, then in a church thinkin about fishin." I don't go to church, I go to the river. Lots of them. :)

• Upvote 1

Somewhere between Gunnison and Buena Vista. Snowed in. With a warm fire and my hot wife.

Gunnison/ Crested Butte is Crazy beautiful. Go there quite frequently. My sister has a home there. Some of the best fly fishing ever. So much fun. My favorite is white water rafting the Taylor. :D

Yes very pretty from what we could see from the hotel. We were there on business for a couple of days but it was snowing and we don't know how to drive in the snow so we stayed put. :( Let the shuttle get us to and from the airport.

Ok, this really interests me because one of my to do's before I die is to see the Redwood and Petrified Forests. I've only read about them in encyclopedias but they sound like someplace where you would have a come to Jesus meeting.

Northern California, North-West Nevada, Oregon and Washington is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! All I can say about the landscape, it is truly majestic. The redwood forest's are magical! I grew up in Northern California and I miss it dearly! Don't get me wrong...every state in the U.S. has it's fair share of beauty, however, I am a true devotee of the western United States. I love the mountains, the trees and the Pacific Ocean. Don't forget, her wild west history!

I like the whole area, and my mother lives in Port Angeles, but I go to Forks. The Hoh, Sol Duc, and Bogacheil Rivers are all close to that particular area. Plus all the tributaries. I just really feel Gods persuasion better when I'm on the river. A person once said "I'd rather be fishing thinking about God, then in a church thinkin about fishin." I don't go to church, I go to the river. Lots of them. :)

I love Port Angeles! Beautiful ferry boat trip from PA to Victoria, Canada!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Northern California, North-West Nevada, Oregon and Washington is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! All I can say about the landscape, it is truly majestic. The redwood forest's are magical! I grew up in Northern California and I miss it dearly! Don't get me wrong...every state in the U.S. has it's fair share of beauty, however, I am a true devotee of the western United States. I love the mountains, the trees and the Pacific Ocean. Don't forget, her wild west history!

Do you have any suggestions as to what towns to fly into and where the best places to stay are? Also, very, important, what is the best time of year to visit?

Do you have any suggestions as to what towns to fly into and where the best places to stay are? Also, very, important, what is the best time of year to visit?

Well, let's see...If I recall, your bucket list contains, the Redwoods. So, you can fly into either, San Francisco international airport or San Jose (you know..."Do you know the way to San Jose...wo, wo, wo, wo, wo, wo :P ). You can stay at various campground locations within the redwood forests. Here's a link to the Redwoods national and state parks. http://www.nps.gov/redw/index.htm. The weather is fairly moderate in California, however, further north, it does get cooler. There really is no seasonal type changes in terms of foliage color change. Just evergreens. So, I would opt for summer, plus the beaches are nearby. I would really go during the summer time! :)

• Downvote 1

I find that the beer feist in Haines to be great we spend time in Haines and Skagway for about 10 days, this year we're thinking about going to Juneau for a beer dinner also. Southeast Alaska is beutiful in May and June.

I find that the beer feist in Haines to be great we spend time in Haines and Skagway for about 10 days, this year we're thinking about going to Juneau for a beer dinner also. Southeast Alaska is beutiful in May and June.

That for me is after the rv. I have friends from Haines. I want to go out of Bellingham, Wa and take the ferry up. There's so many places I want to go up there. It will take several seasons to explore just the coastline. Let alone all the rivers I want to fish. Moose hunt, because I love the meat, and mines. I want to check out some mines, and take a lot of plane rides. Just can't wait.

Also Worker Bee Yoseimite National Forest in Northern California, or Yellowstone which is in 4 states, or Wisconsin Delles was cool.

You come away with such a sense of awe and appreciation. It's been a yearly destination for Mr KK's extended family for nigh on 30 years. If you get up that way, be sure to visit Trees of Mystery as well. Lumberjacks carved trees & stumps into amazing shapes. Patrick's Point is right on the ocean front. We take a day trip down to Agate Beach to search for beautiful stones called agates, which are formed in lava rocks. We also go up to Fern Canyon. It's a canyon (duh) with ferns growing up and down the walls! I believe parts of Jurrasic Park were filmed here as well as Patrick's Point campground. Once you go, you'll want to return & share with family & friends. I have hundreds of breath-taking photos from our vacations.

KK

• Upvote 1

You come away with such a sense of awe and appreciation. It's been a yearly destination for Mr KK's extended family for nigh on 30 years. If you get up that way, be sure to visit Trees of Mystery as well. Lumberjacks carved trees & stumps into amazing shapes. Patrick's Point is right on the ocean front. We take a day trip down to Agate Beach to search for beautiful stones called agates, which are formed in lava rocks. We also go up to Fern Canyon. It's a canyon (duh) with ferns growing up and down the walls! I believe parts of Jurrasic Park were filmed here as well as Patrick's Point campground. Once you go, you'll want to return & share with family & friends. I have hundreds of breath-taking photos from our vacations.

KK

WOW... Patrick's Point looks awesome.. I will have to put that on my "bucket list".. Link: https://www.google.com/search?q=patrick's+point+state+park&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=in1XT6eJBs2EtgfEldDUDg&ved=0CFkQsAQ&biw=1008&bih=568

Thanks for sharing! wink.gif

St. Croix was really nice. One can walk to many of the major shopping areas and the prices are very reasonable. They have tours all the time both on land and on water. A tour and picnic to Buck Island is very relaxing. Most hotels have entertainment at night and the food is to die for. Only caution I would give is to stay away from the off the path areas, people are poor and things could get hectic. If you rent a car to get around it'll be like driving in England. People are very friendly and helpful. :twothumbs: