Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would it be different if race was reversed?

stonewall67

WOW!!! First time I've heard of this.. Sad, but you're so right.. If the race was reversed every member on this site would have seen this story... Not sure how many responses you'll get to this thread but I'm with ya... +1

Poor Kid... :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 2

:angry: No color needed, just some sick a@s sh@t, clear case of. We need to make prison a place you don't want to be, in stead of the country club some prisoners have dubbed are system. oh and then there's that 750 thousand dollar soccer field we just paid for are lovely terrorist. What a joke.
  • Upvote 1

i dont think you have to bring race into it. my question is...why has it not been picked up by other papers country wide? it happened here in florida and it was in the news for quite a while. things like this make me think that an uninhabited island should be found and drop people like this on it with no means of escape. let them fend for themselves instead of them getting food and shelter in the current prison system.

things like this make me think that an uninhabited island should be found and drop people like this on it with no means of escape. let them fend for themselves instead of them getting food and shelter in the current prison system.

Saw this on facebook this morning. So sad.

I can think of a lot of different criminals who should be on that island... And it should be a small one with few hiding places.

KK

Saw this on facebook this morning. So sad.

I can think of a lot of different criminals who should be on that island... And it should be a small one with few hiding places.

KK

sometimes..as in this case.. you want to have them get what they gave.

• Upvote 1

i dont think you have to bring race into it. my question is...why has it not been picked up by other papers country wide? it happened here in florida and it was in the news for quite a while. things like this make me think that an uninhabited island should be found and drop people like this on it with no means of escape. let them fend for themselves instead of them getting food and shelter in the current prison system.

Really??? I did not bring race into this..... the criminals who did this act brought race into this......

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Really??? I did not bring race into this..... the criminals who did this act brought race into this......

Really - Title of thread and content suggests race Stoney.

Article only states "

You get what you deserve, white boy." (not much of a racial slur for street idiots)

I'd like to know why did they do it and why did they say it.

Anyhow, it took awhile for the others to make national news. When the details and suspects are gathered everyone will know more. Article is not clear of why this happened. Hopefully suspects are picked up quickly.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 11

I grew up in a rural area, just beyond a small Canadian town. Until I left home to go to a much larger city to attend university, I think I might have seen, in person, two or three dark brown people. I learned some words in the larger city that I did not learn in the small town. What we now call the "N" word ... they can use it about each other but a non-"N" person might be strung up for using the word. If you read the news story that started this thread, the boy's mother's last name is Coon ... another word that seems to have a hauntingly strange application here ... coincidence? ... or?

Anyway I got an education in the big city. It was not an education that I appreciated. I didn't even know the word "racist" until that time. I met, and made friends with, other students of all ethnic backgrounds, and that includes a very wide range of colour. What most people would now call black I thought of in those days as dark brown, or not so dark brown. Yellow, yeah, I sort of saw that. White to me was pink. I was the a real innocent at that time.

I realized in my first year of university that a lot of people had prejudice against colour, and religion, even geographical origination. I got the shock of my life when I went home during one of the school breaks and heard my father referring to French Canadians a "frogs". I began to realize that my parents were bigots. They didn't see anything wrong with it. I suppose it was based on their perceived purity of race, or attitudes that were handed down to them from their own parents. It was that summer that I started finding and reading novels about slaves in the American south just before the American Civil War, and novels about the holocaust, with the entire story would be set in one of the Nazi camps set up to separate the Jewish population with the ultimate goal for exterminating them.

I have often wondered why these subjects were not handled in more detail in my high school days, before I got to university. I think the answer to that question is also the answer to the question posed by "Ididitfirst" who wondered why this story was not picked up and run nation wide. The point was made that had it been the other way around, a black boy being so violently treated by white students, it would be all over the networks.

But the time my parents lived in is gone. Most people no longer feel they can use racist terms without being singled out, as a bigot. In fact, we have gone so far in that direction, we have gone past the median point and have swung head first into the manure pile that has been left after the instigation of "Political Correctness."

We are going so far out of our way not to embarrass people, or hurt their feelings, or "profile" them, that the people who should be embarrassed, should have their feelings hurt, should be profiled ... are, instead, strutting their stuff, taking advantage of the current PC climate, and generally feeling that if they are not at some undescribed "bottom" then they must be at the "top", when in reality most of us fit somewhere in the middle.

I cannot think of something being "racist" without thinking it is something based on "hate". Two of the organizations that come to mind immediately are the Hitler Youth, and the KKK. Those who think these are remnants of our past, are very naive. There are groups out there that are still teaching our children how to hate based on color and faith. The news item that began this thread is proof of that.

:(

smee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I grew up in a rural area, just beyond a small Canadian town. Until I left home to go to a much larger city to attend university, I think I might have seen, in person, two or three dark brown people. I learned some words in the larger city that I did not learn in the small town. What we now call the "N" word ... they can use it about each other but a non-"N" person might be strung up for using the word. If you read the news story that started this thread, the boy's mother's last name is Coon ... another word that seems to have a hauntingly strange application here ... coincidence? ... or?

smee2

Edited by mojack
  • Downvote 1

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1033062

So why is this not national news with continual coverage???? What about the Jena 6 story or the Duke rape case or so on and so on....... So much is made about white on black crime but here you have what is reported as a clear case of racism and a clear hate crime yet no uproar???????

...if it was reversed, same hate crime, two white kids against one black kid, and the kids said " you got what you deserve black boy " , man oh man, it would be ALL over the lamestream media..IT would have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all over it !!!!!!!!!

They came down here to Durham NC when the Duke Lacrosse Case was hitting the news, saying they stood behind the accuser and would help with legal fees, because there is no way she could be lying........these privileged white kids at Duke U. need to be held accountable and not hidden from the charges with their parents money.

Racism is nasty, damn shame we still deal with it, 'content of character' I say

LF

• Upvote 3

Of course it would be so much more sensationalized . Hey we have not still gotten over slavery in 1865 . Did I say 1865 . Only 150 or so years ago. Only 54,750 days ago ? What's is it going to take to go forward as equals ? Let's work to gather to get rid of Obama who is distroying this country . It will effect t a black white yellow and the rest like nothing we have ever seen . Obama has a methodical plan to distroy us , and our way of free life . I would not care what color he was I want a true American to lead my country . Not a terrorist .

• Upvote 3

Article only states "You get what you deserve, white boy." (not much of a racial slur for street idiots)

Anyhow, it took awhile for the others to make national news. When the details and suspects are gathered everyone will know more. Article is not clear of why this happened. Hopefully suspects are picked up quickly.

You guys have very strange ways of thinking. I get negatives for wanting to wait for details of an investigation. There's been too many stories that were not what they appeared to be. Have the fortitude to look for investigation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Article only states "

You get what you deserve, white boy." (not much of a racial slur for street idiots)

Please re-read the article. The mother of the attacked boy was told that it was a "hate crime".... the definition of which requires racism or sexism...... So no, I did not bring race into it, It was already there. My intent was to merely point out the difference we have in this country. White on black crime is just as wrong on black on white or white on white or black on black but the amount of attention given to white on black crime is monumentally greater than black on white crime......

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Exactly .. That's why I hate RACISM in any way form or shape.. From any ethnic Group towards any other ethnic Group.. Racism is racism.

Exactly my friend, exactly. If you want an interesting insight into the effects of racism or "being different" in any way read "The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1qWZWNGGE ). My kids grew up having it read to them... when there is a focus on our differences somebody is going to be hurt, and somebody is going to exploit it. Racism is ignorance... any way you look at it...imo.

• Upvote 1

Please re-read the article. The mother of the attacked boy was told that it was a "hate crime".... the definition of which requires racism or sexism...... So no, I did not bring race into it, It was already there. My intent was to merely point out the difference we have in this country. White on black crime is just as wrong on black on white or white on white or black on black but the amount of attention given to white on black crime is monumentally greater than black on white crime......

I have to wait on an investigation. They came to that conclusion without a suspect arrested! Stoney that article is way to shallow for me to bite. You brought this here to talk about B-on-W crime to support your recent comments from another thread.

Remember,

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against.

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I find it hard ot believe this child would lie immediately after being set on fire. He described the suspects and their clothing. I do not understand Mojack why you feel that there is reason to doubt this child. And before you say you are not doubting what was said, you are the one that must have the investiigation and suspects arrested.before what? He is believeable?The why it happened doesn't matter. Two people set a third on fire. I agree if it had been a crime where 2 white boys set a black boy on fire, the world would be screaming.

Plain and simple it was a race crime which means it was a hate crime. My prayers are with this young man nad his family.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have to wait on an investigation. They came to that conclusion without a suspect arrested! Stoney that article is way to shallow for me to bite. You brought this here to talk about B-on-W crime to support your recent comments from another thread.

Remember,

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against.

Of course I brought this over for support..... it is a prime example of my arguement.... we have gotten to a point in this country where white on black crime is sensationalized yet black on white crime is marginalized...... my point has been and will remain being that we need to treat all equally...... black, white, brown or yellow..... where is Jesse NOW?......

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I find it hard ot believe this child would lie immediately after being set on fire. He described the suspects and their clothing. I do not understand Mojack why you feel that there is reason to doubt this child. And before you say you are not doubting what was said, you are the one that must have the investiigation and suspects arrested.before what? He is believeable?The why it happened doesn't matter. Two people set a third on fire. I agree if it had been a crime where 2 white boys set a black boy on fire, the world would be screaming.

Plain and simple it was a race crime which means it was a hate crime. My prayers are with this young man nad his family.

Is that justice, conviction before a detail of evidence discovery? Danan, there should always be some doubt until due diligence, all stories are heard. There's no doubt victim was burned. Did S1 and S2 bring the gas can? If so, an even more heinous crime.

Report does not state hate crime because the officers had no way of knowing at that moment.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/10/23/Boston-reflects-on-Charles/1256350719.html

Of course I brought this over for support..... it is a prime example of my arguement.... we have gotten to a point in this country where white on black crime is sensationalized yet black on white crime is marginalized...... my point has been and will remain being that we need to treat all equally...... black, white, brown or yellow..... where is Jesse NOW?......

Where is Jesse now???? Give him a call Stone. Look at the other cases, takes time. Let it roll out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3