Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Airport exchange story

kosman

This may be a spin on a bank story but here it is. I am in Dubai airport and went to the exchange here in terminal 3 right before you check in. After doing my transaction I asked the guy behind the counter if I could also exchange Iraqi dinar. He said no, they do not yet exchange Iraqi dinar. When asked when they would he said he did not know but maybe soon. Of course I asked him what the rate would be and very annoyed he said that he did not know. I was going to ask a few more questions but he called the next person in front of me and started helping them. Since the local security guard was now paying attentlion, i left to come to the lounge here and type this out. I sure wish he would ave followed me out his area and given me inside information, but that did not happen. Guess I will just have a beer. Everyone have a great day !

Kosman.

No longer in the Stans.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

This may be a spin on a bank story but here it is. I am in Dubai airport and went to the exchange here in terminal 3 right before you check in. After doing my transaction I asked the guy behind the counter if I could also exchange Iraqi dinar. He said no, they do not yet exchange Iraqi dinar. When asked when they would he said he did not know but maybe soon. Of course I asked him what the rate would be and very annoyed he said that he did not know. I was going to ask a few more questions but he called the next person in front of me and started helping them. Since the local security guard was now paying attentlion, i left to come to the lounge here and type this out. I sure wish he would ave followed me out his area and given me inside information, but that did not happen. Guess I will just have a beer. Everyone have a great day !

Kosman.

No longer in the Stans.

This almost sound like a BANK STORY!!!!! :lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

You should have thrown the beer at his head for being so rude...Whats the big deal...Ever see the bumper sticker that says mean people suck..well there you go...Nice try though..

Yes I agree. That's typical Middle Eastern attitude and service. You should stand in line waiting on your turn for something and have a Middle Eastern person cut in front of you. That happens a lot in Kuwait!

Yes I agree. That's typical Middle Eastern attitude and service. You should stand in line waiting on your turn for something and have a Middle Eastern person cut in front of you. That happens a lot in Kuwait!

Well sorry folks. You are in their world and will be dealt with as such B)B)

You should have slammed your fists on the counter and said, "Tell me what the rate is! Tell me what it is Dammit or I'll tear this place down!!" :lol:

I am just querious do you really think that would work? I actually think it could have come out funny when they understood "you were just a silly American demanding what they can not deliver" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kosman.

No longer in the Stans.

I check every time I pass through Dubai and the answers always the same:

No, Nope and I don't know. Same at the mall and the bank.

"Still in the Stans"