Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Congratulations to you and your son. I was in the Girl Guides here in Canada and went the entire route to the top. It is a lot of work and on the way each step is a lot of work. You can be proud of your son.

And keep your chin up in ... what did you call it ... Chi-land (?) ... it is like everything else. It will all come together when the time is right ... for some reason we will never understand. But of course not understanding, that is where faith comes in. Have faith!

\

:)

smee2

• Upvote 4

Just for Shirts and Grins - I predict that I will have another week of not finding a job here in Chi-land - after a year of attempts - and that the RV is still elusive and not nailed down until after the Ides of March...

Anyone that would like to prove me wrong - hire me - and that ends that! Ha Ha!

Greg

PS -My son received the BSA Medal of Honor for Lifesaving tonite at the CAC annual awards dinner so heck - I've got something wonderful to be thankful for

Greg,

Congrats! I am so happy for you and the love and pride you must feel for having such a fine boy. You are truly rich there! Those are the riches that matter!

Greg,

I hear your pain about a "JOB". Time to think out of the box...

May I reccomend a book called "Who Moved My Cheese" You can tell from the title that it may not be productive to keep going to the same "stations in life".

It may be time to think again where the "cheese" might be for you now!

Just a thought... Is there a passion that you have always felt inside yourself, that you have always known was a talent that you hold? Have you been afraid that it might not pay the bills? Now might be a good time to explore that as a viable possibility, times have changed my friend and actually could be forcing us to do what we were "meant to do", perhaps even "live our bliss" and to be happy in what we contribute. (and pay the bills) smile.gif

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

Greg,

Congrats! I am so happy for you and the love and pride you must feel for having such a fine boy. You are truly rich there! Those are the riches that matter!

Greg,

May I reccomend a book called "Who Moved My Cheese" You can tell from the title that it may not be productive to keep going to the same "stations in life".

Just a thought... Is there a passion that you have always felt inside yourself, that you have always known was a talent that you hold? Have you been afraid that it might not pay the bills? Now might be a good time to explore that as a viable possibility, times have changed my friend and actually could be forcing us to do what we were "meant to do", perhaps even "live our bliss" and to be happy in what we contribute. (and pay the bills) smile.gif

Thanks Maggie - started reading "cheese" about 10 years ago - lol read it several times again since then... Good reading and inspiration for sure...

Best!

gg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Maggie - started reading "cheese" about 10 years ago - lol read it several times again since then... Good reading and inspiration for sure...

Best!

gg

Hey Greg you might try The Secret all so. it has helped me keep a better attitude and be more positive.

• Upvote 1

Just for Shirts and Grins - I predict that I will have another week of not finding a job here in Chi-land - after a year of attempts - and that the RV is still elusive and not nailed down until after the Ides of March...

Anyone that would like to prove me wrong - hire me - and that ends that! Ha Ha!

Greg

PS -My son received the BSA Medal of Honor for Lifesaving tonite at the CAC annual awards dinner so heck - I've got something wonderful to be thankful for

That is wonderful....congrats to your son and you for raising such a person!

Ive been looking for good competent help for years, I own a landscape company, and I have WORK however as bad as times are I have very few people that actually apply. The ones that do apply and I actually hire, dont show up for there 1st day of WORK. The ones that do show up for work rarely show up the next day, or talk on there cell phones all day and expect to be paid for talking on there cell phones.

Greg,

Greg,

Maggie this is a great book and so absolutely true.

Greg, awesome. Now after you read the book who ate my cheese consider looking in MA or NH...lots of jobs....

And anyone looking for a great career change check this out.....

User Experience Designer Jobs | Simply Hired

Jobs 1 - 10 of 155513 ... Every User Experience Designer job on the web. 155513 jobs available. Recent Jobs: UI/UX Designer (TS/SCI), User Experience Design

155513 thats correct over 100,000 jobs and they are not getting filled. What's the pay you might ask? starting at 70K and topping at 140K.

Are you Rahm Emanual?

LMAO!

That IS Rahm Emanuel with my Son!

Politicians love to be with heros! :rolleyes:

Before he got his Honor Medal, he was invited to City Hall for a seperate Honor Resolution for heroism that the Mayor & City Council bestowed upon him and his sister... (Sponsored by Alderman John Arena)

Rahm even wrote him an excuse note for school for the day he missed to be at City Hall!

You should have heard some of hs teachers - one wanted a photocopy souvenier and another accused my son of forging it!

TOO FUNNY!

Greg

Edited by wavggg

Maggie this is a great book and so absolutely true.

Greg, awesome. Now after you read the book who ate my cheese consider looking in MA or NH...lots of jobs....

And anyone looking for a great career change check this out.....

User Experience Designer Jobs | Simply Hired

Jobs 1 - 10 of 155513 ... Every User Experience Designer job on the web. 155513 jobs available. Recent Jobs: UI/UX Designer (TS/SCI), User Experience Design

155513 thats correct over 100,000 jobs and they are not getting filled. What's the pay you might ask? starting at 70K and topping at 140K.

Thanks Dana - funny I had to pass on a chance to work in Boston last year - family illness / loss and all - my family is not prepared to uproot... Mama has a teaching gig here and it would be too hard with the 6 kids right now...

I will travel 75% for work, but need to keep home base here...

REALLY appreciate the tips -

thanks

greg

My son has also been looking for a year. The competition out there is unreal. Best of luck to you and your son gets an "At-A-Boy".

WHo moved my cheese is a great book def worth a read. I'm actually going to dig out my copy and re-read it so glad it was brought up.

Times are tough, I feel bad for you guys but like some others have said if you've been outta work for a year let alone multiple years you really need to do something different, yes times are tough but whatever your doing is not working. Like the old saying goes you can't continue doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I was out of work for quite a while back in 08-09 when times were even tougher. I wound up taking a job that was not in my chosen industry, a decrease in pay, had to work weekends, etc. Basically not only not my dream job but not really anything that even had much room for advancement. It was however a very low stress job and allowed me to focus on other things. I'm currently working on getting my teaching degree but also started a small business with a friend that has really taken off and may allow me to quit working for others for good so there is hope but like others have said think outside the box, dont keep doing the same thing, and don't be afraid to take something lower paying, a step back, below you etc.

• Upvote 1