Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UST delegation meet to support the banking system and tax in the country

Carrello

Do you think the UST is pushing for an RV?

Issawi discuss with the U.S. delegation to support the banking system and tax in the country

2012-02-13

BAGHDAD (Iba) .. Research and Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi with the U.S. delegation in the presence of Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and the U.S. economic and political situation in Iraq and the region in general A source in the ministry, said the two sides discussed the need to support the banking system and taxation in the country through the mechanisms, procedures and laws that increase the level of banking business in Iraq and to support the economic level and investment in it. (End)

My link

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 9

Amen that's a great thing. :rolleyes: And it's about time................

Have had this "gut feeling" that this is our month, and soon! I hope I'm right........................My "gut" is usually pretty good about this kind of stuff............. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

• Upvote 2

I found it as a positive while doing my taxes with turbo tax that there is a section to answer about foreign assets as to whether you have any to claim or not.I have not seen this before on turbo tax and have used this for about 10 yrs.something is brewing.......

• Upvote 1

I found it as a positive while doing my taxes with turbo tax that there is a section to answer about foreign assets as to whether you have any to claim or not.I have not seen this before on turbo tax and have used this for about 10 yrs.something is brewing.......

Does it say if the amount is over $100,000.00?

Do you think the UST is pushing for an RV?

Issawi discuss with the U.S. delegation to support the banking system and tax in the country

2012-02-13

BAGHDAD (Iba) .. Research and Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi with the U.S. delegation in the presence of Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and the U.S. economic and political situation in Iraq and the region in general A source in the ministry, said the two sides discussed the need to support the banking system and taxation in the country through the mechanisms, procedures and laws that increase the level of banking business in Iraq and to support the economic level and investment in it. (End)

My link

Thanks Carrello, this is indeed interesting Zig. Transition Team at work in my opinion, more about this TT later my friends..wink.gif

Well I didn't think it gave an amount you put the amount in.

If I'm reading you right that's funny..laugh.gif ..laugh.gif ..laugh.gif ..if not it went with what I was thinking anyway..+ for you no matter what.

Thank you mod's for refreshing my +'s..I said this before I made sure I had one to give..biggrin.gif

Edited by Stryker365

If I'm reading you right that's funny..laugh.gif ..laugh.gif ..laugh.gif ..if not it went with what I was thinking anyway..+ for you no matter what.

Thank you mod's for refreshing my +'s..I said this before I made sure I had one to give..biggrin.gif

I've always tried to impress the size of my foreign assets to my wife...she hasn't been impressed yet. :lol: Soon!

• Upvote 2

IMO; with the UST in Iraq, there is information sharing and agreements to disclose who in fact has Bank accounts in Iraq or any other financial vehicle. While other ME country's are turning their noses up on private banking, the Iraqi's are saying yes (no doubt). And with the help of the UST they are going to learn the finer points of taking privacy and personal liberties away :angry:

I meant private banking with US clients.

Well I didn't think it gave an amount you put the amount in.

Sorry tadams,

Thank you for answering my question,

I had my thoughts somewhere else yesterday when I replied to your answer, I was jumping from thread to thread fighting off lopsters and forgot that I ask you a question and thought you were commenting on one of my other post, sorry. Anyway your response and what I was thinking made for a funny joke in my head.

I was asking because of an article that came out not long ago that said we may need to declare any foreign assets including currency and I want to say it was an amount of $100,000. I'll go back and find it later this morning, it's 1:30 am and I just awoke for my middle of the night scanning.

Going back to bed, LOPsofdinar is trying to pull me back in on that thread by making a ridiculous comment because him and his lopster buddy JayP saw me catching up on their lopster BS.

Amount of $10,000 and over

Thanks MANNY, that was the answer I was looking for.....

Edited by Stryker365
  • Downvote 1

It's related to the Swiss banking system more than the Iraqi dinar. The (IRS) want to know who and how much money Americans have in Swiss banks. Taxes, taxes, taxes! Plus I asked my tax accountant the same thing concernig the dinars. Since they have NOT RV'ed he said I had not achieved the trust hold of a $100,000.00 in foreign investments. GO RV!