Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Med Chat @ 5:30AM - Post By Glk on DS - 01/28/2012

ronscarpa

Good Morning!!! I love a good reality check, especially one that creates forward movement. I'm in Virginia so been up for a while, can't sleep much anyway these days. I have so much emotionally invested in this. So may people in my life that have no clue what I am doing, and how I may possibly be able to change the quality of their lives. Have a great morning.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

iran and turkey....wtf are they thinking.....1 aircraft carrier could wipe out the entire middle east....these hash smoking idiots will never know what hit em... shock and awe will be replaced with total devastation......dont these countrys realise this is not the 1500's....riding through the dessert on camels is no way to fight a war these days.... :blink:

Edited by tim5400
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Thug, you are a classic. With all hopes that this ride comes to a good conclusion soon, I will always remember your humor as the bright spot in every Vets visit.

God bless your great attitude! If you are not already, you should be writing comedy scripts. Keep em' comin bud!

• Upvote 3

What does this mean?

Turkey agreed to take the Kurdish region of Iraq if Iran is given the rest of Iraq & agrees not to take claim to Kurdistan.

It seems like Turkey & Iran have a mutual understanding on how best to carve up the spoils of Iraq for themselves. They view Obama as too weak & leaderless to do anything about it & they will exploit that weakness. Russia & China are on the sidelines egging Turkey & Iran on.

"I SEE AN EMERGENCY MEETING OF PARLIAMENT WAS CALLED

AFTER COMMENTS BY THE IRANIAN COMMANDER OF MILITARY FORCES

THAT THEY COULD TAKE CONTROL OF IRAQ PRETTY MUCH AT WILL"

Does anyone have a link to wherever Med got this information? I've looked in a few places and didn't see anything pertaining to this.

iran and turkey....wtf are they thinking.....1 aircraft carrier could wipe out the entire middle east....these hash smoking idiots will never know what hit em... shock and awe will be replaced with total devastation......dont these countrys realise this is not the 1500's....riding through the dessert on camels is no way to fight a war these days.... :blink:

I totaly agree with you, they have no idea :huh:

They haven't changed in centuries, execept in one way. At one time, they had the largest thriving library, a.k.a. educational center, in the world--in Constantinople (Turkey). Another large one was in Alexandria, Egypt. At the time, other cities in the mid-east were highly focused on learning, which gave the people of the region keen, early insights into astrology, astronomy, biology, botany,and many other sciences, and in those areas of study, they were far ahead of the western world of the time. But when they let the religious zealots of both the western world and their own tribal zealots burn and loot the libraries and destroy all means of learning, those exceptional cultures fell back into oblivion. The destruction was so complete that it's taken them well over a thousand years to pull themselves out of it, and even then, it took the invasion of a powerful western country to help get them get our of the repititious, cyclical religious and tribal log-jams in which they were stuck. Even now, they still need a prod now and then to break them out of a possible return to their old ways which could easily jerk them back into their old tribal mentality.

There seems to be an enormous innate intelligence in Arab people. The Arabs and Greeks were the first civilizations on Earth to set up separate schools of learning and to value thinking and learning in their own right, the first to build and promote vast cultural centers and libraries, and to create and follow intellectual pursuits that we in the west have only recently learned to value. The people of these two ancient cultures, the Greeks and the Arabs throughtout the mid-east, were already intellectually sophisticated at a time when my own ancestors were still locked into pre-history. (I understand that when Caesar and his Legions arrived in Wales, they were met by nude people on the field of battle, men and women alike, all wearing only blue paint. I have read that the loud, shrill trilling of these nude blue people sent Caesar's legions running in fear. haha ).

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the religious zealotry and tribal mentality have kept these otherwise intellectually gifted people locked into a much older age long past its time. No matter how historically sophisticated they are today, and no matter how intelligent they may be as individuals, their nations won't be able to completely join the 21st Century and become dependable, leading actors in their own right on the world stage unless and until they are willing to get those two things, religious zealotry and tribal thinking, under control. JMO, of course.

• Upvote 5

They haven't changed in centuries, execept in one way. At one time, they had the largest thriving library, a.k.a. educational center, in the world--in Constantinople (Turkey). Another large one was in Alexandria, Egypt. At the time, other cities in the mid-east were highly focused on learning, which gave the people of the region keen, early insights into astrology, astronomy, biology, botany,and many other sciences, and in those areas of study, they were far ahead of the western world of the time. But when they let the religious zealots of both the western world and their own tribal zealots burn and loot the libraries and destroy all means of learning, those exceptional cultures fell back into oblivion. The destruction was so complete that it's taken them well over a thousand years to pull themselves out of it, and even then, it took the invasion of a powerful western country to help get them get our of the repititious, cyclical religious and tribal log-jams in which they were stuck. Even now, they still need a prod now and then to break them out of a possible return to their old ways which could easily jerk them back into their old tribal mentality.

There seems to be an enormous innate intelligence in Arab people. The Arabs and Greeks were the first civilizations on Earth to set up separate schools of learning and to value thinking and learning in their own right, the first to build and promote vast cultural centers and libraries, and to create and follow intellectual pursuits that we in the west have only recently learned to value. The people of these two ancient cultures, the Greeks and the Arabs throughtout the mid-east, were already intellectually sophisticated at a time when my own ancestors were still locked into pre-history. (I understand that when Caesar and his Legions arrived in Wales, they were met by nude people on the field of battle, men and women alike, all wearing only blue paint. I have read that the loud, shrill trilling of these nude blue people sent Caesar's legions running in fear. haha ).

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the religious zealotry and tribal mentality have kept these otherwise intellectually gifted people locked into a much older age long past its time. No matter how historically sophisticated they are today, and no matter how intelligent they may be as individuals, their nations won't be able to completely join the 21st Century and become dependable, leading actors in their own right on the world stage unless and until they are willing to get those two things, religious zealotry and tribal thinking, under control. JMO, of course.

That was very interesting! Thank you for sharing. :D