Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI changing rates every 10 days

Think about it

It appears so. Get there slowly with a float or quickly with an RV, either way we come out OK.

the thing is these small increments are NOT going to give the average iraqi what they need and confidence in using the IQD. The us. dollar is still in use strongly over there the whole point is to de dollarize and to put a stop to the US dollar use in country. They need to have value to at least at par with the USD to allow the citizens to start actually using and purchasing things with the dinar. I admit its a start but imho something needs to happen to get confidence back with the IQD.

Edited by easyrider

the thing is these small increments are NOT going to give the average iraqi what they need and confidence in using the IQD. The us. dollar is still in use strongly over there the whole point is to de dollarize and to put a stop to the US dollar use in country. They need to have value to at least at par with the USD to allow the citizens to start actually using and purchasing things with the dinar. I admit its a start but imho something needs to happen to get confidence back with the IQD.

CBI may be floating for a short while to get some of the big notes back then RV at a later date so it won't be hit with a such a huge obligation at once.

It did the very same thing in Iraq by purchasing USD then announced a in country de-value of the IQD forcing many Iraqis hoarding big notes to turn them in. It worked.

Just my opinion of what may be going on.

I am not sure about the 2% a quarter stuff. All we have to do is look back at their pdf on the auctions before the rate stopped at 1170. It is clear that the exchange rate moved atleast, if not more, than that every quarter. I have even seen on that file it move 2% in one month, then continue after that.

I would think that in order to RV, Iraq would need to get as much IQD off the streets as possible. How? Devalue it against the USD. Which results in the Iraqi people using more and more USD. Then, at the right time... Bam! RV occurs and new denominations on par with USD are introduced. Iraqi's turn in their USD for IQD on a near 1 for 1 basis. Since the money on the streets is USD, the obligation is less

I'm lost on how people can make claims like they're fact w/o 100% proof.

But, I guess we can see how this goes & will be de-bunked within a few days as the 10-day duration expires.

If it continutes to rise slowly? Great!! But, 4 pips every 10 days equates to a stronger increase everytime.

As the value increases, the 4 pips would be a bigger value increase.

10 to 6 is quite a difference from 1170 to 1166.

8 to 4 would be doubling the money.

So, who knows what they intent & plan is.. Their money is acting weird, and sometimes, activity is a good thing.

"The system by which we determine the exchange rate is called 'managed float system,' which means that the price of the dinar is kept floating but is closely monitored so that it can be managed whenever a tangible change occurs." He adds that this floating system is linked to the supply and demand for the US dollar, explaining that the Central Bank is obliged to guarantee 100 per cent of the demands by Iraqi banks for the US dollar"

What he is saying is that it is floating against the dollar.

parmenio, no, it doesn't. The IMF can suggest, they can disapprove, but they do not dictate exchange rates to member countries.

I like the word "suggest" and "disapprove" that you use. You are right! Any country that wants to be part of the world banking community should listen to what the IMF "suggests" and can "disapprove " or approve if you kiss their ring!

Edited by parmenio

As long as the dinar is tied to the USD, the exchange rate is fixed by an equation involving the amount of dollars in the reserve and the amount of dinar in circulation. Shab's can only increase the value of the dinar relative to the USD by either increasing the USD in the reserves, or decreasing the dinar in circulation. He cannot create wealth from thin air.

The reserves increased over the last year, thus changing the exchange rate.

The IMF does not control the exchange rate of the Dinar. The CBI does.

Ya they do if Iraq wants to join the IMF. Iraq has some wiggle room with the date & rate. The IMF has the final word. Same thing if Iraq wants to join the WTO.

They must play by the rules like everyone else if they want a int'l recognized & traded currency that is. If not, then the IQD will remain worthless paper.