Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI 1-15-2012 Currency Auction

Rogue Knight

winterset, how is that? An RV would only put Iraq trillions of dollars in debt. I don't think the U.S. is going to credit Iraq trillions of USD without expecting something in return. Which would mean all their natural resources for the next century.

You evidently don't believe in an RV?

As with all currency I put money into (it's a longtime hobby of mine), I go for countries that I think will trend up in value over the next decade or so. With their natural resources and room for growth, I think the dinar is a good long-term investment. The economics of an overnight RV don't make sense for Iraq, in my opinion. In fact, an RV of the scale lots of folks are hoping for has never happened. So I don't make investing decisions based on such a thing.

Iraq is a good long term hold. Never put all your eggs in one basket, though. I can tell you from experience that, some you win and some you lose. :)

Hears what bothers me.....i know and we are constantly told the peeps over there are poor,so why would the banks need multiple trillions of USD to buy IQD off people who don't have any.JMO but i think they are cashing out VIPs.This would be all to easy for them to do.......sell USD to the banks which in turn cash out their privileged customers.Yes i know this would be illegal but we are talking IRAQ and the people i am talking about get what they want before you and i.Just a thought....i guess we wait till the greedy VIP,s get theirs first....again just my opinion.

Edited by FOUNDIT

"this is their country they can do what they please"

Yep. Like also declaring, if they RV, that only dinar in country can be exchanged. It's happened with other countries. If they are going to stiff their own people, why wouldn't they stiff out of country speculators?

Because they need investors...I don't see them doing this and pi$$ing the world off.

• Upvote 2

As with all currency I put money into (it's a longtime hobby of mine), I go for countries that I think will trend up in value over the next decade or so. With their natural resources and room for growth, I think the dinar is a good long-term investment. The economics of an overnight RV don't make sense for Iraq, in my opinion. In fact, an RV of the scale lots of folks are hoping for has never happened. So I don't make investing decisions based on such a thing.

Iraq is a good long term hold. Never put all your eggs in one basket, though. I can tell you from experience that, some you win and some you lose. :)

I can understand your skeptisism, but you must agree that with your knowledge of currency this is a very unique situation.

I just seem to want to read the positive into the articles because the negative doesn't give me my dreams.

Iraq doesn't seem particularly unique to me. They have lots of untapped oil and other natural resources, but all of that is potential wealth. At the same time, there is a better than even chance the country will again fall into sectarian violence, or be invaded by a neighboring country. If that happens the U.S. is going to have a hard time politically (and economically) going back into Iraq to try again to fix things. So advancing Iraq trillions of dollars on the basis of recovering it from those natural resources would be extremely risky for the U.S (and politically impossible given the gridlock that exists in congress these days).

A best case scenario would suggest that Iraq is years away from being really stable and productive, thus my longterm view of the investment.

Edited by lotsofdinar

So we are at a month now if memory serves of auctions over 200,000,000. I am beginning to wonder, are we trying to flood the region in dollars not just the country? :huh:

I read Iraqi banks were selling dollars to the black market for dinars that were being pulled out of Iran. Saleh said they were watching the bank's request for dollars more closely, indicating they were trying to stop money laundering across the borders, although, the process does pull in dinar.

Currency speculation is not seen as being a great quality to a foreign investor. Everyone seems to think they wqnt investments and they do. but investing in a countrys currency, is different from investing in the growth and development. To think iraq will only rv , because they want speculators to become investors is silly. businesses, dont care about currency,contracts can be made either way, which are equivilent in nature. currency speculator, especially in the x 1000 rv expectations, is very bad for any country.

Investors are in iraq and many others are waiting for political turmoil to settle and security to get better. Passing laws that protect investment a lone will bring investors, because theres billions to be made in iraq. A mega rv will bring rapid inflation and also cause iraq to payout trillions in money or oil credits. why would they make such a detrimental move. a modest rv would be very beneficial, which is why i think about a .10 cent rv is as far as they could go,without inflicting damage to themselves. P.s.- this is just an opinion. its not intended to upset, persuade, or change the mind of fellow dinar holders.

Edited by truthful1

The challenge they are facing right now is twofold: one, they have to somehow put more purchasing power into the average Iraqi's hands without fueling inflation, so their economy can grow; two, they have to do it in a way that requires minimum preparation to execute.

My personal opinion is that the Iraqi politicians are resistant to an RD because they realize (correctly, I think) that the average Iraqi will not see the benefit, and it will be much harder to execute than the CBI economists realize. It is much simpler if they RV at 1:1 and then declare to their people that, on such-and-such a date, the IQD equals one US dollar.

I certainly haven't crawled inside Shabibi's or Saleh's brains to find out what they really think, but it's looking more and more like the direction they're going is to sweep up as much IQD from the streets as they can, and then RV while issuing the lower denoms to their people. Obviously, there are other factors in play, such as passing the HCL and the 2012 budget, plus exit from chapter 7, but it seems to me that their massive IQD purchases over the last month or so are not just a manifestation of business as usual.

Investors are in iraq and many others are waiting for political turmoil to settle and security to get better. Passing laws that protect investment a lone will bring investors, because theres billions to be made in iraq. A mega rv will bring rapid inflation and also cause iraq to payout trillions in money or oil credits. why would they make such a detrimental move. a modest rv would be very beneficial, which is why i think about a .10 cent rv is as far as they could go,without inflicting damage to themselves. P.s.- this is just an opinion. its not intended to upset, persuade, or change the mind of fellow dinar holders.

Hey a much better way of trying to communicate to others.......tho I could care less what you have to say....I personally have had my fill of crap from you dude and that's just my opinion...

• Upvote 3

Hey a much better way of trying to communicate to others.......tho I could care less what you have to say....I personally have had my fill of crap from you dude and that's just my opinion...

Did you wear your big boy pants today? I question articles, I have doubts, I try to learn, and I challenge theories. If all that upsets you.....there are forums out there that only allow the kool-aid drinkers. I try to be as fair as possible when commenting on others thoughts and opinions. There is nothing Ive said to you that should be taken in any way thats bad. Except, I might of said, well it may not rv, or if there is to be a rv. Can you learn to accept opinions, I sure can. Im not going to go trash your next post, I respect your views and can move on like a mature adult. Too many, maybe not you, are so emotionally attached, they start bashing and trashing anyone who says something they dont believe. I am beyond all of that, and I am looking forward to conversing and hearing your thoughts in the upcoming future. Dont paint a picture of me, because lack of context, or taken out of context, comments. Almost daily I have incomplete comments or short posts. I dont always comb my post for proper greetings, and may come off different at times. Thats my bad. All I can do, is try to be more emotionally sensitive, but you should hold no ill will towards me, because I have not the slightest problem or dislike for you or your comments. peace....and may a rv bring us together.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I read Iraqi banks were selling dollars to the black market for dinars that were being pulled out of Iran. Saleh said they were watching the bank's request for dollars more closely, indicating they were trying to stop money laundering across the borders, although, the process does pull in dinar.

I failed to say that this was showing up in the additional sales in the auctions.

Did you wear your big boy pants today? I question articles, I have doubts, I try to learn, and I challenge theories. If all that upsets you.....there are forums out there that only allow the kool-aid drinkers. I try to be as fair as possible when commenting on others thoughts and opinions. There is nothing Ive said to you that should be taken in any way thats bad. Except, I might of said, well it may not rv, or if there is to be a rv. Can you learn to accept opinions, I sure can. Im not going to go trash your next post, I respect your views and can move on like a mature adult. Too many, maybe not you, are so emotionally attached, they start bashing and trashing anyone who says something they dont believe. I am beyond all of that, and I am looking forward to conversing and hearing your thoughts in the upcoming future. Dont paint a picture of me, because lack of context, or taken out of context, comments. Almost daily I have incomplete comments or short posts. I dont always comb my post for proper greetings, and may come off different at times. Thats my bad. All I can do, is try to be more emotionally sensitive, but you should hold no ill will towards me, because I have not the slightest problem or dislike for you or your comments. peace....and may a rv bring us together.

I must say, you have a talent for twist. I am guessing you are a politician.

You know truthful I could sure use .10 cent RV. I think it is very possible. I believe Adams belief it would start there and they make money off the cash in, raise it again......they would make money on this as they moved it up to say a dollar.

I suspect Iraq is where this all came from. They are the guru's behind the curtain. Think about it, they have made money on all who

bought dinar, and Bankers like to make money on the way up and on the way down. The perfect plan, it is essentially why I believe Iraq will RV, they will make money on it as well, they planned it.

I failed to say that this was showing up in the additional sales in the auctions.

I must say, you have a talent for twist. I am guessing you are a politician.

Once again, I am here to learn and gather information from a group To use the group to challenge articles and find out where we are at. Im not here to offend people. I am trying to keep lines of communication open so I can have better understanding. Or should I engage in having enemies. Attach those who attach me. Should I go to that level of immaturity????? I can have a disagreement in one area, and agree on another. Its insulting how people are so judgemental and want to paint with such a broad brush. I have more than one blanketing, overrall opinion on this investment. I have spent two years researching and reading thats how a lot of my opinions are formed. Is that, ok......carrello

Today is everyones day. I will no longer post opinions on news, rumors, speculation, or anything of such matter. Everyone should feel much better now!!!!!

truthful1, I like everything you said just then (in your post to me), except this open line......your quote; Did you wear your big boy pants today? ....and to answer your question yes I did but as you said you are going to try and get better and I see that, so next time don't start off this way and i will completely respect your opinions. Listen I'm sure not perfect but i try and think before I type so that's all i think you need to do and you will get much more out of your time but stop pushing your views and others will except them better. I say many times that this is a crap shot in so many words and I sure don't know which way its going to turn out but the ones that do believe, like me, get tired of those that keep forcing the RD down our throat......I know there are ones that do the same on the RV side but I do not thank I'm that way but we all have dreams and do not like those dreams smashed ever time an article comes up that says RD. I believe we all know already that this could happen, i know I do.

Put your point out in a constructive way and I believe you will also feel better at the end of the day....enough from me and lets hope for the best but we need to also expect the worst too..

Have a great Sunday

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 1

You know truthful I could sure use .10 cent RV. I think it is very possible. I believe Adams belief it would start there and they make money off the cash in, raise it again......they would make money on this as they moved it up to say a dollar.

I suspect Iraq is where this all came from. They are the guru's behind the curtain. Think about it, they have made money on all who

bought dinar, and Bankers like to make money on the way up and on the way down. The perfect plan, it is essentially why I believe Iraq will RV, they will make money on it as well, they planned it.

Speaking of banks......does anyone have thoughts on what the spead from CBI and our banks will be. I see where a few dealers are offering $150 per million. Also, do you think the spread may diminish with time, basically gouging the individuals who cash in and get out quickly?

Hope fully they are keeping a close eye, Iran is being suspected to counterfeiting heavily, And this is not a funnel to supply cash to Iran, considering the sanction are in place. It does seem odd the time frame with these huge CBI reports, an Iran issue together.

Once again, I am here to learn and gather information from a group To use the group to challenge articles and find out where we are at. Im not here to offend people. I am trying to keep lines of communication open so I can have better understanding. Or should I engage in having enemies. Attach those who attach me. Should I go to that level of immaturity????? I can have a disagreement in one area, and agree on another. Its insulting how people are so judgemental and want to paint with such a broad brush. I have more than one blanketing, overrall opinion on this investment. I have spent two years researching and reading thats how a lot of my opinions are formed. Is that, ok......carrello

Today is everyones day. I will no longer post opinions on news, rumors, speculation, or anything of such matter. Everyone should feel much better now!!!!!

Are you a Politician?

Hears what bothers me.....i know and we are constantly told the peeps over there are poor,so why would the banks need multiple trillions of USD to buy IQD off people who don't have any.JMO but i think they are cashing out VIPs.This would be all to easy for them to do.......sell USD to the banks which in turn cash out their privileged customers.Yes i know this would be illegal but we are talking IRAQ and the people i am talking about get what they want before you and i.Just a thought....i guess we wait till the greedy VIP,s get theirs first....again just my opinion.

Then those VIP's would be getting taken cause they are selling their dinar for 1170 per dollar...Which would mean they are getting exactly what they paid for the dinar to begin with.