Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament will Discuss Next Sunday Accountability, Oil And Elections !

yota691

3 hours ago, jeepguy said:

with all the  great articles ,  about banking , hydro-carbon ,  and  the governments  getting along ,  billion if not trillions in revenue , and  not from  oil ,   the help from Kuwait  too help Iraq out of chapter 7  { one piece anyway  } ....  it is  really tough , not too get supper excited about the 1st of the year ,  it is  going to be  tough if nothing pans out again !  

Yeah, and then I"LL be hitting the bottle until I've drained it empty ! 

We've had numerous disappointments through the years; another one would be " The Crowning Turd in the Water Pipe " - I'd probably take a 1000 rounds of .45 cal to the local Pistol Range, not leaving until I'd gone through it all.

Praying that is not the case  :praying:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

We've had numerous disappointments through the years; another one would be " The Crowning Turd in the Water Pipe " - I'd probably take a 1000 rounds of .45 cal to the local Pistol Range, not leaving until I'd gone through it all.

No worries 10 Years, I got the gas and a box a matches ready to light that rocker of yours up like its the  4th of July, and a bottle of Don Julio 70 años, a bag of marshmallows for the victory celebration of a lifetime  :lol:

In all seriousness brother, I believe early 2017 we could see this thing finally come to light and this house of cards completed ✅ 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Be mindful though that Parliament doesn't return till about the 9th of January .. 

I know what the official timeframe was for them to return, but under Abadi, I have seen them come back to do a few things and then recess again. That's what I am hoping for here. The article was pretty clear on Next Sunday, which has always meant "this" Sunday in previous articles. I promise not to be too broken hearted if they work this weekend and get it done. 

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Wiljor said:

No worries 10 Years, I got the gas and a box a matches ready to light that rocker of yours up like its the  4th of July, and a bottle of Don Julio 70 años, a bag of marshmallows for the victory celebration of a lifetime  :lol:

In all seriousness brother, I believe early 2017 we could see this thing finally come to light and this house of cards completed ✅ 

I'll bring the other fixin's and we'll have Smores and get hammered on your Booze  :soon:

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, DinarThug said:

House of Representatives legislative term begins on the Second of Next Month after curtailed because of next year's budget law, noting that the legislative term will discuss important laws. The leader of the state law, Jassim Mohammed Jaafar (time) yesterday that (the first chapter Legislative holiday was supposed to be two months, but because of the budget bill trimmed for 20 days). He added that the (National Alliance Parliament is trying to move toward the adoption of important laws,including federal and accountability, justice and the oil and gas across the court through the principle of consensus, which caused disable most important laws).

DinarThug, DV,  Why would Parliament & National Alliance all of a sudden decide to meet earlier to discuss important laws including federal, accountability, justice and most importantly Oil & Gas Law before the 7 or 10th Jan 2017? The sense of urgency is in the "Air" so the Bullet Train is moving at full speed to the final destination. 

GO RV!!  

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

We've had numerous disappointments. ...

You should had joined me at last night's happy hour lol :cheesehead: and I'll probably be heading back again tonight so let m3 what you'll be having :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

You should had joined me at last night's happy hour lol :cheesehead: and I'll probably be heading back again tonight so let m3 what you'll be having :twothumbs:

I'll have a Depth Charge, thanks. A shot of Irish Whiskey Gently dropped into into a Pint of Guinness - YUM

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
GENERAL ELECTIONS LIKELY TO BE DELAYED IN IRAQI KURDISTAN, KDP SAYS
Iraq, January 8, 2017

HEWLÊR-Erbil, Iraq’s Kurdistan region,— Crucial parliamentary elections set for September in Iraq’s Kurdistan Region will probably be postponed because of persisting political disputes, economic hardships and the unfinished war with the Islamic State militants in Iraq, party officials told Rudaw Friday.

The polls, if held, would have reshuffled the 111-seat regional parliament in Erbil which has virtually been shut down since October 2015 after deepening disagreements among Kurdish factions two years ago.

Head of the dominant Kurdistan Democratic Party’s (KDP) parliamentary faction predicted on Friday that the “unresolved political issues and financial concerns” would delay the polls which also could have included a vote on the region’s draft constitution and a referendum on further independence from Baghdad. 

“The KDP has been prepared for the elections to take place on time, but unfortunately the current state of affairs in Kurdistan with the ISIS war, political rivalries and financial difficulties tell us that the polls will not take place on time,” KDP’s Omed Khoshnaw told Rudaw.

Khoshnaw did not give a timetable as to when the elections would take place if they were postponed beyond the September deadline.

Khoshnaw’s prediction is shared by another party official from the Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU), Haji Karwan, who said the polls would only take place if the political parties reached a consensus on key political issues including the post of the region’s presidency currently held by the KDP.

“According to most expectations, the elections will be postponed, but if there is a political will and consensus, I think the vote will be held as planned,” Karwan told Rudaw.

A key issue at the centre of the disagreements is the position and constitutional form of the presidency in the region which the KDP wants to be elected directly in a popular vote with sweeping executive powers.

The opposition Change Movement (Gorran), however, has passionately campaigned for a constitutional president that is accordingly elected by the parliament with as few executive powers as possible, something the KDP has categorically rejected.

The Kurdish draft constitution, passed in the regional parliament in 2009 with a overwhelming majority, is in line with the KDP position regarding a more powerful president. But the draft needs to be put to referendum before it is established as the Kurdistan Region’s constitution, something Gorran has opposed due to its concerns for the post of presidency, among others.

The crisis in Iraqi Kurdistan erupted after Massoud Barzani’s term as Kurdistan President ended on August 20, 2015 but refused to step down and remains unofficially in office.

According to the law, Barzani cannot run for presidency anymore and his term cannot be extended. But Barzani said in March 2016 “I will not leave power until Kurdistan get statehood”.

Kurdish opposition politicians accuse KDP and Barzani of using the war against Islamic State and self-determination issues as means to stay in power and monopoly it.

The five main Kurdish parties, the KDP, PUK, Change (Gorran) Movement, KIU and KIG failed to reach an agreement on presidency post, due KDP members insist that Massoud Barzani should remain president of the region.

Since October 2015 the Kurdistan parliament parliament has been in recess after Iraqi Kurdistan Parliament’s Speaker Yusuf Mohammad Sadiq was prevented from entering Erbil city on October 12, 2015 and Kurdistan PM Nechirvan Barzani has removed four members of his cabinet from the Change Movement and replaced them with KDP politicians.

Kurdish parties accused the KDP of a monopoly all government’s positions in Erbil, and it does not believe in the principles of true partnership and and peaceful transfer of power.

Massoud Barzani has been accused by critics of amassing huge wealth for his family instead of serving the population. Barzani’s son is the Kurdistan region’s intelligence chief and his nephew Nechirvan Barzani is the prime minister.

The Kurdish opposition politicians say billions of dollars are missing from oil export revenues.

ekurd

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z14574967

• Upvote 3