Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OBAMA THANKS MUSLIMS FOR BUILDING AMERICA!

WTF? OBAMA THANKS MUSLIMS FOR BUILDING AMERICA! UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/07/27/statement-president-occasion-eid-al-fitr

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
July 27, 2014

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid-al-Fitr  

As Muslims throughout the United States and around the world celebrate Eid-al-Fitr, Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to them and their families.  This last month has been a time of fasting, reflection, spiritual renewal, and service to the less fortunate.  While Eid marks the completion of Ramadan, it also celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity and reinforces the obligations that people of all faiths have to each other, especially those impacted by poverty, conflict, and disease.

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.  That is why we stand with people of all faiths, here at home and around the world, to protect and advance their rights to prosper, and we welcome their commitment to giving back to their communities.

On behalf of the Administration, we wish Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.  Eid Mubarak.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WTF? OBAMA THANKS MUSLIMS FOR BUILDING AMERICA! UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/07/27/statement-president-occasion-eid-al-fitr

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
July 27, 2014

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid-al-Fitr  

As Muslims throughout the United States and around the world celebrate Eid-al-Fitr, Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to them and their families.  This last month has been a time of fasting, reflection, spiritual renewal, and service to the less fortunate.  While Eid marks the completion of Ramadan, it also celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity and reinforces the obligations that people of all faiths have to each other, especially those impacted by poverty, conflict, and disease.

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.  That is why we stand with people of all faiths, here at home and around the world, to protect and advance their rights to prosper, and we welcome their commitment to giving back to their communities.

On behalf of the Administration, we wish Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration.  Eid Mubarak.

Do you really think that Muslims have NOT contributed to this country??

Tell that to this guy.....

or them...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

OCDUDE why do you not go over to the middle east and join those murdering bastards

Muslims are not murdering bastards....any more than Christians are because of what the KKK does.

By the way....three guesses on who said this.....

I send warm greetings to Muslims in the United States and around the world as they begin observance of Ramadan, the holiest season in their faith.

Ramadan commemorates the revelation of the Qur'an to Muhammed. By teaching the importance of compassion, justice, mercy, and peace, the Qur'an has guided many millions of believers across the centuries. Today, this holy time is still set aside for Muslims to remember their dependence on God through fasting and prayer, and to show charity to those in need.

American history has taught us to welcome the contributions of men and women of all faiths, for we share the fundamental values of religious freedom, love of family, and gratitude to God. Americans who practice the Islamic faith enrich our society and help our Nation build a better future.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/infocus/ramadan/2004/

Or this...OH MY GOD ...HE QUOTED THE QUORAN TOO!!!

As the new moon signals the holy month of Ramadan, I extend warm greetings to Muslims throughout the United States and around the world. The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qu'ran. It teaches the value and importance of charity, mercy, and peace. And it is one of the fastest growing religions in America, with millions of American believers today.

The American Muslim community is as varied as the many Muslim communities across the world. Muslims from diverse backgrounds pray together in mosques all across our great land. And American Muslims serve in every walk of life, including our armed forces.

The Holy Qu'ran says: "Piety does not lie in turning your face to the East or West. Piety lies in believing in God." (2:177). Americans now have turned to acts of charity, sending relief to the Afghan people, who have suffered for so many years. America is proud to play a leading role in the humanitarian relief efforts in Afghanistan, through airdrops and truck convoys of food, medicine, and other much-needed supplies. And today we are committed to working for the long-term reconstruction of that troubled land.

We send our sincerest wishes to Muslims in America and around the world for health, prosperity, and happiness during Ramadan and throughout the coming year.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=73471

I send greetings to Muslims observing Ramadan in 
America and around the world. 
Ramadan, the holiest days of the Islamic faith, begins 
with the first light of dawn and commemorates the 
revelation of the Qur'an to the prophet Muhammad. 
During the days of fasting, prayer, and worship, Muslims 
reflect and remember their dependence on God. 
Ramadan is also an occasion for Muslims to strengthen 
family and community ties and share God's gifts with 
those in need.
America is a land of many faiths, and our society is 
enriched by our Muslim citizens. May the holy days of 
Ramadan remind us all to seek a culture of compassion 
and serve others in charity.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

Well, what do you expect?... Obama is of the Muslim faith himself.

Doesn't mean that people who are Muslim and who are also Americans haven't contributed to America. Many people of other religions and from other countries in fact helped build America, however, I don't think with everything that is going on right now that it was an appropriate thing to say though... very sensitive subject nowadays.

Obama is good at stirring the pot and he has been pretty successful so far in doing so... all while maintaining that he is about "peace and security", when in reality it is just the opposite. Sad that people continue to fall for it.

• Upvote 6

Well, what do you expect?... Obama is of the Muslim faith himself.

Doesn't mean that people who are Muslim and who are also Americans haven't contributed to America. Many people of other religions and from other countries in fact helped build America, however, I don't think with everything that is going on right now that it was an appropriate thing to say though... very sensitive subject nowadays.

Obama is good at stirring the pot and he has been pretty successful so far in doing so... all while maintaining that he is about "peace and security", when in reality it is just the opposite. Sad that people continue to fall for it.

Obama is not a Muslim....And W. Bush didn't think it was too sensitive a time when he said basically the same thing only months after 9-11.....and continued to say for the eight Ramadan dinners that he himself hosted at the White House.

Wow I'm blown away ocdude. Anyone can do a google search and post can't they? Your minuscule list has us all reeling. Can you do that again with a different group of folks, let's say liberal, apologetic, embarrassed Americans?

My minuscule list?? Would you like me to post all EIGHT speeches Bush made praising Islam at the eight different Ramadan dinners he hosted at the White House?? Of course not, because they are almost word for word the same thing you are complaining about Obama saying.

What's the difference?

"Islam is Peace" Says President 

Remarks by the President at Islamic Center of Washington, D.C.

Washington, D.C.

attackresponse.gif

tv.gifView the President's Remarks 

listen.gifListen to the President's Remarks

3:12 P.M. EDT20010917-11-2-m.jpg

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you all very much for your hospitality.  We've just had a -- wide-ranging discussions on the matter at hand.  Like the good folks standing with me, the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday's attacks.  And so were Muslims all across the world.  Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens.

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith.  And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The English translation is not as eloquent as the original Arabic, but let me quote from the Koran, itself:  In the long run, evil in the extreme will be the end of those who do evil.  For that they rejected the signs of Allah and held them up to ridicule.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam.  That's not what Islam is all about.  Islam is peace.  These terrorists don't represent peace.  They represent evil and war.

When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world.  Billions of people find comfort and solace and peace.  And that's made brothers and sisters out of every race -- out of every race.

America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country.  Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads.  And they need to be treated with respect.  In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect.

Women who cover their heads in this country must feel comfortable going outside their homes.  Moms who wear cover must be not intimidated in America.  That's not the America I know.  That's not the America I value.

I've been told that some fear to leave; some don't want to go shopping for their families; some don't want to go about their ordinary daily routines because, by wearing cover, they're afraid they'll be intimidated. That should not and that will not stand in America.

Those who feel like they can intimidate our fellow citizens to take out their anger don't represent the best of America, they represent the worst of humankind, and they should be ashamed of that kind of behavior.

This is a great country.  It's a great country because we share the same values of respect and dignity and human worth.  And it is my honor to be meeting with leaders who feel just the same way I do.  They're outraged, they're sad.  They love America just as much as I do.

I want to thank you all for giving me a chance to come by.  And may God bless us all.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010917-11.html

Edited by ocdude
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

"many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."

Where the heck did you get "OBAMA THANKS MUSLIMS FOR BUILDING AMERICA!"???????????????

Man, you need to go back to school! LOL :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

ocdude,

I understand your point of view and I respect it, however, I don't agree with you on the part about Obama NOT being a Muslim or having Muslim ties because it is just not true...

As a youngster Obama was enrolled in several schools as a "Muslim" in Indonesia including his elementary school, the Assisi Primary School as well as Besuki Primary School. He studied Islam and in his own book, "Dreams Of My Father", he admits to studying the Quran and going to a Muslim school and being proficient at Mengaji (the recitation of the Quran). He attended mosque and was indeed a practicing Muslim. His father was a Muslim and buried as such after his death in Kenya. Most of his father's family are/were also Muslim. Let's not forget his famous flub in an interview where he stated himself, out of his own mouth that his faith was Muslim then he corrected himself and said he meant his "Christian faith". How you can get the two mixed up is beyond me but, he did apparently.

Does anyone really believe that Obama would claim or have announced prior to his presidential election that he had anything to do with Islam? He would never do that because the majority of people would not stand for a Muslim president in the U.S. He did what all politicians do... he lied about a lot of things to make himself look appealing to the people.

Just wanted to add that in case it has slipped by anyone (and apparently it did many) and probably due more to unawareness or misguided information... His Name, Barack Hussein Obama Jr. is indeed 100% a Muslim name! The Muslims believe that once you are a Muslim you are always a Muslim and even if Obama truly no longer identifies as one, that's not how the Muslims see it. Under Islamic law, if your father is a Muslim so are you. You can't go back in Islam's eyes. Trust me, they believe that he is a Muslim and his actions although for the most part hidden tell us that he is still involved in Islam.

• Upvote 3

Do you really think that Muslims have NOT contributed to this country??

Tell that to this guy.....

or them...

Nope, and you should go schedule your FGM procedure quickly...................ObsessiveCompulsiveTroll  :cowboy1:

"many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."

Where the heck did you get "OBAMA THANKS MUSLIMS FOR BUILDING AMERICA!"???????????????

building the very fabric of our nation???  why so wishy washy? your pro-obama instincts kicking in here?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

A republic is a form of democracy.  The two terms aren't mutually exclusive.  Ocdude is right in that George W. Bush also met with Muslims, appointed Muslims to positions in his administration, and said nice things about Islam.  And Obama is not a Muslim.  He attended Jeremiah Wright's church in Chicago for twenty years, and nobody would consider Jeremiah Wright a Muslim.  Obama lived in a Muslim country for a few years when his mother was married to a Muslim, but Barak Obama Sr. was not a Muslim.  He was an atheist. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

As a doctor your level of intellectual deceit is confounding.

We are a REPUBLIC, where our leaders are elected via democratic elections.

Obama is a Muslim. Islam allows for members to lie if it further the cause of Islam.

The way to know what OBUMMMMMMMER is can only be ascertained by paying careful

attention to what he does. And that most certainly isn't Christian.

Seek truth, doctor, or you will die in your sins.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

Thanks Djorgie, you and usndiver nailed it !

I cringe every time I hear hobum speak.

Oh , by the way ocdude, even Rev Wright claimed that he tried for years to change hobum's' muslim ways but failed to do so.

hobum is a Muslim, period !!!

• Upvote 3

As a doctor your level of intellectual deceit is confounding.

We are a REPUBLIC, where our leaders are elected via democratic elections.

Obama is a Muslim. Islam allows for members to lie if it further the cause of Islam.

The way to know what OBUMMMMMMMER is can only be ascertained by paying careful

attention to what he does. And that most certainly isn't Christian.

Seek truth, doctor, or you will die in your sins.

There's no deceit here, LGD.  Just facts.  You seem to be hung up on semantics.  We are a republic, which is a representative democracy as opposed to a direct democracy.  "Democracy" means majority rule, and the majority in our system choose the representatives so we are still a democracy even if we aren't a direct democracy.  As I said, the two terms aren't mutually exclusive any more than the terms "caucasian" and "human", so when Obama refers to our system as a democracy he's not wrong. 

In order to believe that Obama is a Muslim you have to believe that the twenty years he spent in Jeremiah Wright's church was done to mislead everybody about his true identity as a Muslim, which hardly passes the giggle test IMO. 

I do seek truth, which is why I don't wrongfully accuse people even if I don't like them or agree with them.  There's plenty to criticize Obama for without resorting to lies.  Obama was exposed to many cultures and faiths in his childhood, but his only religious practice as an adult has been in Christian churches, not Muslim mosques.  That is a fact.       

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Most of the line of reasoning on here is that ALL muslims are bad.  With that line of thinking.....every time some American nut job kills his family, school children, neighbors, strangers, dogs.....then that makes me guilty by association as a fellow American.  Clear the mechanism folks.....think it through.   :shakehead: 

GO RV, and NO BV 

• Upvote 4

Doctor, I don't know what church you attend but I guarantee you that Reverend Wright's church

is NOT Christian. And yes, a Muslim (Manchurian candidate) would have zero problem

sitting in Reverend Wright's church listening to him spew hatred for twenty years.

For anyone to watch OBUMMMMMMMER's actions over the last 6 years and still

believe he's a good person is ludicrous.

And more telling of the condition of your soul than Obama's faith. You claim to be a

Doctor, well people are seriously hurting because of the actions of Obama. How do you

justify your continued support? How do you place party lines above people's physical

needs?

And as far as the Republic, I suggest you read the constitution. There is a reason that

The word,"Republic", comes first. And it has to do with exactly what you said.

A DEMOCRACY is mob rules. Which is why Obama is bringing in so many illegals.

To create a greater majority on the democratic mob.

Whereas, a true REPUBLIC is when your democratic elected leaders are willing to

make laws based on the best interest of this nation, not mob rules.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Most of the line of reasoning on here is that ALL muslims are bad.  With that line of thinking.....every time some American nut job kills his family, school children, neighbors, strangers, dogs.....then that makes me guilty by association as a fellow American.  Clear the mechanism folks.....think it through.   :shakehead: 

GO RV, and NO BV 

Great post shabs I totally agree 

The italian, black, polish, mexican, Irish, indian, chinese , also helped in making this country a great country.

Like pit bulls not all muslims are bad .  But like a pit bull

when their bad their REAL bad.  

Get a grip people     :)

• Upvote 2

Doctor, I don't know what church you attend but I guarantee you that Reverend Wright's church

is NOT Christian. And yes, a Muslim (Manchurian candidate) would have zero problem

sitting in Reverend Wright's church listening to him spew hatred for twenty years.

For anyone to watch OBUMMMMMMMER's actions over the last 6 years and still

believe he's a good person is ludicrous.

And more telling of the condition of your soul than Obama's faith. You claim to be a

Doctor, well people are seriously hurting because of the actions of Obama. How do you

justify your continued support? How do you place party lines above people's physical

needs?

And as far as the Republic, I suggest you read the constitution. There is a reason that

The word,"Republic", comes first. And it has to do with exactly what you said.

A DEMOCRACY is mob rules. Which is why Obama is bringing in so many illegals.

To create a greater majority on the democratic mob.

Whereas, a true REPUBLIC is when your democratic elected leaders are willing to

make laws based on the best interest of this nation, not mob rules.

I don't support Obama, and never stated that I do.  But neither do I support lying about somebody because you don't support them.  Obama is not a Muslim.  If he was he wouldn't have attended Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years.  He would have attended a mosque.   

As I stated before and must now state again, the word "republic" doesn't mean "not democratic".  It means a representative democratic system (or representative democracy).  It is not wrong to say that we are a democracy.  Most people understand that this just means that we have a democratic process (or democracy) of majority rule, even if it is representative in nature.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_democracy

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Maybe you need to read more carefully...

"Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country."

"Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country."

"Americans who practice the Islamic faith enrich our society and help our Nation build a better future."

BUSH thanked Muslims for building America, hun.

• Upvote 1