• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#41 Dnar to Dollars

Dnar to Dollars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationStanding right in front of a huge MesaBoogie!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

There is a difference between a "rumor" and an ourright "lie".
I can tell you that the dinar will revalue tomorrow at $17.5 and you might get excited, but I have no official source, or even a source that has contact with some credible person. I can also 'say' that I heard this from someone who is credible. Unfortunately there are those who do post things that appear to be almost this outrageous. I don't know about others, but I read the rumor section hoping for some legitimate 'rumors'. I look for posts from people who post conservatively and appear to base their information on sources that do have some credibility. Rumors are rumors, and we are not going to get information from anyone who really is in any inner circles. That being said, some of the rumors posted here do have the air of credibility that make them worth reading, IMO.

Exactly!!!, I have no problem with anyone bringing anything over, but when time after time the information never happens why keep doing it? It would be nice if some of these "guru rumors" actually came to fruition. There has to be a point when you realize that your only bringing over garbage! I fully understand that I am in the rumor section, but every once and a while wouldn't it be nice if there was a little truth involved and just one had some validity? The "wife in the know" just played the old standard smoke and mirror card to make herself seem credible. Kinda sad actually!!

#42 umbertino

umbertino

• Members
  • 26,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

And, mortgagewiz...Regarding the rest of your post... I understand being sensitive...I am sensitive myself ..... I only suggested that for his / her own sake to try and grow a ( at least some) thicker skin since this is a Forum and there will be always an action / reaction sort of thing . One posts something, anything and there will always be a response....either positive / negative / neutral..
That's the nature of a Forum in itself...Interaction... Sometimes even harsh in its tones ( it would be nice if it didn't wind up that way but it happens at times) .. So my friendly advice to UNEEK is again to try and not take it too seriously ( meaning not suffer too much because of that) when it comes to negative responses.

Also....I swear I don't remember ( if I understood you correctly) having ever spoken badly about the Beatles. Infact I love them. Maybe there was a misunderstanding ( also on my part) on that one. Thanks for your post.

Edited by umbertino, 10 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#43 CaptainWingnut

CaptainWingnut

• Platinum VIP
  • 146 posts
  • LocationIMC on the ILS for Runway IQD

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

To ALL of you, UNEEK posters, and there
Are too many of you good people to try to
List without missing someone so being
UNEEK's thread, I will stop with her.

I give my applause :bravo: to all of you.

First, I don't have the time to
do the research that you bring,
RUMORS or otherwise to this board.
So THANK YOU!

SECOND,
I often wonder if any of you EVER sleep!! :bow:

Thank you ALL for the rumors AND news.

Hey, without bad news, we wouldn't know
what good news looks or feels like.

Good job and thank you
to ALL of you who spend your valuable
time keeping the rest of us
in NEWS and ENTERTAINMENT.
:tiphat:

Captain Wingnut

Go RV :twothumbs:

#44 msmortgagewiz

msmortgagewiz

• Platinum VIP
  • 443 posts
  • LocationBy the beautiful sea

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

And, mortgagewiz...Regarding the rest of your post... I understand being sensitive...I am sensitive myself ..... I only suggested that for his / her own sake to try and grow a ( at least some) thicker skin since this is a Forum and there will be always an action / reaction sort of thing . One posts something, anything and there will always be a response....either positive / negative / neutral..
That's the nature of a Forum in itself...Interaction... Sometimes even harsh in its tones ( it would be nice if it didn't wind up that way but it happens at times) .. So my friendly advice to UNEEK is again to try and not take it too seriously ( meaning not suffer too much because of that) when it comes to negative responses.

Also....I swear I don't remember ( if I understood you correctly) having ever spoken badly about the Beatles. Infact I love them. Maybe there was a misunderstanding ( also on my part) on that one. Thanks for your post.

Sensitive in your definition, is not the same definition that I am referring to, and no you didn't bash the Beatles someone else did. It's all good, being "a sensitive" has more to do with abilities, then it does being sensitive to someone's negativity. More in line with one's 6th sense.
Wiz

#45 shabbadude

shabbadude

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationToes in the water, @$$ in the sand...

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thank you to all of the respondents to UNEEK's response to my comment of being sick of the "Wife in the Know" crap. Collectively, you all voiced what I was getting at much better than I could. It's not rumors in general that I'm sick of, obviously I'm here in the rumors section. It's these ridiculous posts, and the credit that respectable people give them that is frustrating.

The discernment I'm speaking of is in regards to observing the commonly used buzz words, catch phrases and lines of logic (term used loosely here) that have been recycled by pumpers for nearly a decade. It's all part of the education process regarding the Dinar.

UNEEK, I appreciate your efforts, and hope you keep pressing forward and digging for information. The fine members here at DV (a few who are on this thread) helped in teaching me how to pick through the manure to find the roses. I encourage you to take it all with a grain of salt, some laughter and sometimes an adult beverage helps! B)/>

#46 umbertino

umbertino

• Members
  • 26,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sensitive in your definition, is not the same definition that I am referring to, and no you didn't bash the Beatles someone else did. It's all good, being "a sensitive" has more to do with abilities, then it does being sensitive to someone's negativity. More in line with one's 6th sense.

Thanks for clarifying. Evidently I had misunderstood you on the Beatles... I think I am getting what you mean now by " sensitive". In Italian it is "sensibile".
Again thanks. Ciao.

Edited by umbertino, 10 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#47 Vintage

Vintage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Uneek I too want to put my voice in that you continue on, but you may also want to step away a bit. I know myself I try to just live life and visit here on occasion or as of late the news is positive and I am hopeful of a spring surprise for all of us so have been visiting more, but I don't put a lot of faith in supposed gururs and Wife in the Know is in that catagory now being that she is no more correct than others...but this is the rumor section and a good place for her postings to go as some piece of truth may lay in them for all of us to glean. I know I recently read another rumor brought over by someone else that a lot of people negged but there was an important piece that fit something I had been seeing, so it gave me a positive boost. You never know those of us who sit on the sidelines and don't post much are watching and reading and appreciating posters willingness to bring information over. Thanks again Uneek for your positive attitude and willingness to share. Thanks to all the members who share thier thoughts :)

#48 Jmasters

Jmasters

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

This is true. She throws out a little "hope-ium" and BAM...followers asking for more kool-aid.

Sounds familiar.Very very familiar... Eerily familiar... <_< :D

#49 Thaiexpat

Thaiexpat

• Members
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationIn sane or Out sane I'm there

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Listen, folks. I live in thailand which is ONLY 4 hours behind Iraq and a FULL DAY AHEAD of most of yous. So, here's the plan: I get the word that an RV has happened the DAY BEFORE you do (and, of course, I will confirm this will all my sources-the local roti guy looks Muslim), pop out a message to you all and BLAM! You score some dinar on reserve and RICH CITY here we all come!
No time-expert, but I think it might work. Ah...maybe?.. Dunno, just sayin.... :P :D :D

#50 Jmasters

Jmasters

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Listen, folks. I live in thailand which is ONLY 4 hours behind Iraq and a FULL DAY AHEAD of most of yous. So, here's the plan: I get the word that an RV has happened the DAY BEFORE you do (and, of course, I will confirm this will all my sources-the local roti guy looks Muslim), pop out a message to you all and BLAM! You score some dinar on reserve and RICH CITY here we all come!
No time-expert, but I think it might work. Ah...maybe?.. Dunno, just sayin.... :P/> :D/> :D/>

Except for what we've heard they'll all be closed when this goes down, that sounded good.

#51 umbertino

umbertino

• Members
  • 26,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

No time-expert, but I think it might work. Ah...maybe?.. Dunno, just sayin.... :P/>/>/> :D/>/>/> :D/>/>/>

How you like ( Thailand)? I was in Bangkok and Phuket... Didn't like it or maybe was just unlucky ( met the wrong folks, got the feeling everybody and their dog were there just to shaft me,etc.). That was in 1990.Never visited again.Other people I know are crazy about it. They go visit every year and some more times a year.

Edited by umbertino, 10 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#52 dog53

dog53

• Members
  • 6,962 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

No time-expert, but I think it might work. Ah...maybe?.. Dunno, just sayin.... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I went to school with a guy that went to Thailand in the early 80`s , Him and some fella that hit good on a lotto
They went there to put together a big dope deal. hahahahahaha Dumba$$es.
He came back in a box with no head. Crazy sob`s chopped his head off.
His momma refused to have a closed coffin. I went to the funeral
there he was all laid out with no dammed head.
Damnedest thing I ever saw hahahaha
Whoops strayed off topic again. Posted Image

#53 umbertino

umbertino

• Members
  • 26,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I went to school with a guy that went to Thailand in the early 80`s , Him and some fella that hit good on a lotto

That's some scary stuff.. But I'm aware it can happen.

#54 Thaiexpat

Thaiexpat

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

That is a pretty funny story, Dog. Almost spit out my tea! Funny a$$ stuff. Love it! And THANK YOU, UNEEK for sharing all the rumors. Dunno, just saying......

#55 Thaiexpat

Thaiexpat

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

How you like ( Thailand)? I was in Bangkok and Phuket... Didn't like it or maybe was just unlucky ( met the wrong folks, got the feeling everybody and their dog were there just to shaft me,etc.). That was in 1990.Never visited again.Other people I know are crazy about it. They go visit every year and some more times a year.

I love it. I live in Northern Thailland however, so its a lot different place/livestyle. Peaceful, quiet, not a lot of the bull that you saw down south. Cost of living is cheap and the place is safe. No "in-your-face" govt crap either. Not like Vietnam. People are nice and friendly. I will stay here as long as possible. Havent met a Thai lady I want to stay with for the longterm, but there are plenty to choose from. Overall, having lived in many countries around the world, it is in my top 3 places to live. IF EVER we get an RV, I will be checking out Argentina and Urguary regions. Philippines and Mongolia are nice places. Both have their problems, but each is UNEEK (hahahaha) in their special ways. Loved Italy. Hiked the coast from Genova to La Spezita (spelling). the food is the BEST!
Cheers

#56 Markinsa

Markinsa

Saved By The Blood!

• Moderators
  • 6,308 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thank you to all of the respondents to UNEEK's response to my comment of being sick of the "Wife in the Know" crap. Collectively, you all voiced what I was getting at much better than I could. It's not rumors in general that I'm sick of, obviously I'm here in the rumors section. It's these ridiculous posts, and the credit that respectable people give them that is frustrating.

There's no cure for stupid people. They're the only people that will survive the Zombies. They're lacking the key ingrediant in the Zombies diet. :lol:

Dog! That was one funny, sad story! When I was in the miltary, I remember going solo down into the provinces in the PI with my PI girlfriend. That was a pretty dumb thing considering the country that we were traveling through! :lol: I spent 3 days in Pattaya Beach, Thailand, that was a pretty nice place. But that was years before the Sunami hit. :twothumbs:

-
Matthew 10:32-33 (NLT)

32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

#57 Nadita

Nadita

Senior Platinum

• Platinum VIP
  • 4,562 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

UNEEK....You're obviously totally entitled to report ( let's not forget you're just the Messenger) all the rumors you're able to find and/or deem of some interest regarding a supposed IQD RV....This is an IQD Forum and you post in the rumor section so you're absolutely playing by the rules...... This also holds true for the simple reason that if others do the same thing ( reporting any type of rumor) why shouldn't you...Just fair......Surely People have the choice to read or not what's in here.... Also, though, I'd suggest in a very friendly way for your well-being to grow some thicker skin and not get disappointed or embittered by comments following your posting rumors....If you post, then a comment / reaction is to be expected, positive or negative...Try to take it lightly and you'll feel fine.Ciao.

Umb :)

I agree with you :). I grow to love Uneek too, in fact I look for her posts ;)

Uneek, don't stop posting as you have us :)

#58 umbertino

umbertino

• Members
  • 26,407 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I love it. I live in Northern Thailland however, so its a lot different place/livestyle. Peaceful, quiet, not a lot of the bull that you saw down south. Cost of living is cheap and the place is safe. No "in-your-face" govt crap either. Not like Vietnam. People are nice and friendly. I will stay here as long as possible. Havent met a Thai lady I want to stay with for the longterm, but there are plenty to choose from. Overall, having lived in many countries around the world, it is in my top 3 places to live. IF EVER we get an RV, I will be checking out Argentina and Urguary regions. Philippines and Mongolia are nice places. Both have their problems, but each is UNEEK (hahahaha) in their special ways. Loved Italy. Hiked the coast from Genova to La Spezita (spelling). the food is the BEST!
Cheers

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. I heard from many that the North is better than the South.Glad you loved Italy ( my Country).

#59 sandyf

sandyf

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

No time-expert, but I think it might work. Ah...maybe?.. Dunno, just sayin.... :P/> :D/> :D/>

Think you meant 4 hours ahead. I live in Chonburi.

#60 KiaKaha

KiaKaha

MADD for Heather

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Uneek, don't stop posting as you have us :)/>

Just a request, tho.... Uneek... Maybe a current date in the title like people do with SWFG's posts, so we can look for the newest updates... Just a thought...

Hugs

KK

MADD for Heather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Privacy Policy