Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OH Man. This cant be good

"Methinks he doth protest too much." This guy sounds angry, almost bitter. Apparently he has no skin in the game, so he has to denigrate this once-in-a-lifetime event to convince himself that it's bogus. We have no proof that this will turn out as we want, but who does have proof au priori to much of anything in life? There are very few truly good-as-gold-guarantees in this old world, but most of us believe there is an excellent chance we will make some serious money with our dinar. Meantime, we have heard people like this before, but while they pout and sulk and scream and ridicule and deny, I'll keep my hopes and dreams, thank you very much.

• Upvote 2

This is interesting to me. This guy really does not give good examples as to why this is really a scam? Its mostly based on his opinion, And the few articles he did post were so recent, I dont think we know enough, though, we knew they were idiots. My dinar came from Iraq, a soldier got me my dinar, there was no ponzi scam for that soldier. So in my opinion, this guy is an idiot. Had he provided actual information ...specific information as to why this is a scam, maybe I would listen. Funny how there are so many out there thst like to say its a scam, and write articles how it is a scam...how come they are not whistle blowing on it and shutting all these places down? ??

• Upvote 2

***///

This kook probably has alot of Dinar,

just doesn't want anyone else to have any!

He doesn't want his friends or his enemies to be rich. Just him.

He wants you to dump your Dinar so there'll be more for him! :lol:

(Somebody ought to keep an eye peeled on this cat...

In case he quits his job and is seen driving a Lamborghini after the RV! :P )

I agree with Cherysh... The guy didnt even give the real and far more salient arguement as to why the Iraqi dinar should not be compared to the Kuwait revalue.... That alone confirms he is pretty much coming off the top of his head with opinion, relative to people who gave him their understanding of the information they were given or used to make their dinar purchase decision. He notes that legal agencies are weighing in.. and quotes the Washington State something department... who basically say investors are not told you can't use dinar outside of Iraq, you can only use it in Iraq, that a US treatury registration is not some kind of formal assurance of something, that dinar dealers can charge what they want.... All of it true, and nothing whatsoever to do with it therein being a scam. He seems to set up a lot of false premise that he can then easily shoot down, but he basically proves not much more than his ability to joust well with windmills...

• Upvote 3

Distilled down, the person who wrote the article seems to be saying only that an entire system has been created, by those who profit from selling the Dinar, to support the idea that the Dinar will one day RV and be very valuable. External to that support system, there is no evidence that the Dinar will RV.

We all agree there is no evidence the Dinar will RV. Even the Guru's, while posting otherwise, insist that Iraq would NEVER say before hand that they are going to RV. I think the objection to this article would be more in the authors insulting tone then in the actual thrust of the article.

It is not news to any of us that currency speculation is incredibly risky. I'm sure anyone who has been in this more than a few years would not argue with that! :)

I agree with Cherysh... The guy didnt even give the real and far more salient arguement as to why the Iraqi dinar should not be compared to the Kuwait revalue.... That alone confirms he is pretty much coming off the top of his head with opinion, relative to people who gave him their understanding of the information they were given or used to make their dinar purchase decision. He notes that legal agencies are weighing in.. and quotes the Washington State something department... who basically say investors are not told you can't use dinar outside of Iraq, you can only use it in Iraq, that a US treatury registration is not some kind of formal assurance of something, that dinar dealers can charge what they want.... All of it true, and nothing whatsoever to do with it therein being a scam. He seems to set up a lot of false premise that he can then easily shoot down, but he basically proves not much more than his ability to joust well with windmills...

And he doesn't even have Dulcinea waiting for him. Only Michelle. :(

Distilled down, the person who wrote the article seems to be saying only that an entire system has been created, by those who profit from selling the Dinar, to support the idea that the Dinar will one day RV and be very valuable. External to that support system, there is no evidence that the Dinar will RV.

We all agree there is no evidence the Dinar will RV. Even the Guru's, while posting otherwise, insist that Iraq would NEVER say before hand that they are going to RV. I think the objection to this article would be more in the authors insulting tone then in the actual thrust of the article.

It is not news to any of us that currency speculation is incredibly risky. I'm sure anyone who has been in this more than a few years would not argue with that! :)

When Sir Winston Churchill was a little boy, he was afraid to go to bed alone upstairs. He told his father that he was afraid of the bad people and ghosts up there. His father told him that he would be perfectly safe because none of those were up there. Little five-year-old Winston replied, "I daresay there aren't, but I believe there are." This is an irrefutable logic, and in the same way, we believe we are onto something with our dinar, and these fools who have no clue what we are about are wrong. And will remain wrong until and if they are proven right. Meantime, we wait and hold our dinar and laugh at those who can't or who refuse to see what we see.

• Upvote 2

"Methinks he doth protest too much." This guy sounds angry, almost bitter. Apparently he has no skin in the game, so he has to denigrate this once-in-a-lifetime event to convince himself that it's bogus. We have no proof that this will turn out as we want, but who does have proof au priori to much of anything in life? There are very few truly good-as-gold-guarantees in this old world, but most of us believe there is an excellent chance we will make some serious money with our dinar. Meantime, we have heard people like this before, but while they pout and sulk and scream and ridicule and deny, I'll keep my hopes and dreams, thank you very much.

Your argument about him having no skin in the game so he has to put the RV down does not really hold water, if you did not think that it would RV it would be kind of dumb to buy dinar don't you think.

• Upvote 1

Your argument about him having no skin in the game so he has to put the RV down does not really hold water, if you did not think that it would RV it would be kind of dumb to buy dinar don't you think.

: : : sigh : : : I think he is coming out ultra-strongly against the dinar as an investment. In fact, so strongly that I sense the heavy weight of something other than merely an analysis of this investment. We don't have to dig too deeply to imagine someone buying dinar and later, feeling fear and regret buying it. I stand by what I said--to quote Shakespeare--"Methinks he doth protest too much," meaning in this instance that his protests were not the simple ones of someone merely looking at this as an investment, but were instead heavily weighed down with the emotional burden of an invester who is frightened. And if what he feels regarding this investment is fear, he needs to sell his dinar and get out. This is actually not just an investment, but is in the much higher realm of speculation, so there is a chance none of us will make money. I happen to believe we will make money, and a lot of it, but not everyone can handle waiting and not knowing. It's nothing against them, since we are all put together differently, so it's just that not everyone can handle the incredible tension of this wait.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

: : : sigh : : : I think he is coming out ultra-strongly against the dinar as an investment. In fact, so strongly that I sense the heavy weight of something other than merely an analysis of this investment. We don't have to dig too deeply to imagine someone buying dinar and later, feeling fear and regret buying it. I stand by what I said--to quote Shakespeare--"Methinks he doth protest too much," meaning in this instance that his protests were not the simple ones of someone merely looking at this as an investment, but were instead heavily weighed down with the emotional burden of an invester who is frightened. And if what he feels regarding this investment is fear, he needs to sell his dinar and get out. This is actually not just an investment, but is in the much higher realm of speculation, so there is a chance none of us will make money. I happen to believe we will make money, and a lot of it, but not everyone can handle waiting and not knowing. It's nothing against them, since we are all put together differently, so it's just that not everyone can handle the incredible tension of this wait.

Considering he thinks it's a scam, I'd say the emotion that he more likely is feeling while writing the article is anger, than fear. If he's right, then it's pretty reasonable to expect he'd be angered about the thousands or millions of people that have been fleeced by con artists huge spreads, trusts they don't need, LLCs they don't need, memberships, text services, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to stop myself from writing a 5 page response to your question as I doubt you are really asking about the ethnomethodological analysis of Reality with a capital R and derivative "knowledge" of such therein. I would however suggest that beliefs about the dinar being a lucrative propostion are nothing but 'a priori' assumptions.... We unfortunately don't have 'a positori' apreception of an RV or any other engendement regarding this currency from this country at this time..... I would also suggest that most of that which we hold to be 'Real', with a capital R, is of 'a priori' genesis, which we hold as knowledge... And to be clear in this, I'm not really speaking from an epistemological framework, however, the analytical could be applied, i.e., most theoretical conjecture, e.g., physics, say Chaos Theory, Quantuum, or even String theory, is of 'a priori' orgins. And if you think about it, many of these theories are "proven" to be true (reject the null hypothesis, or simply replicate with predictable results over time).... based upon 'a priori' foundations. "A priori assumptions providing the foundation of knowledge, subjected to the analytical (even synthetic I would suggest.. ) are "proven" all the time.

(and its at this point we would launch off into ethnomethodology, the social construction of reality, etc etc... which I understand is not your point as such per se...).

Hopefully the question was not rhetorical... lol lol lol ... and if so.... nevermind :D and have a great day :D :D

• Upvote 1

Considering he thinks it's a scam, I'd say the emotion that he more likely is feeling while writing the article is anger, than fear. If he's right, then it's pretty reasonable to expect he'd be angered about the thousands or millions of people that have been fleeced by con artists huge spreads, trusts they don't need, LLCs they don't need, memberships, text services, etc.

true.

I'm going to stop myself from writing a 5 page response to your question as I doubt you are really asking about the ethnomethodological analysis of Reality with a capital R and derivative "knowledge" of such therein. I would however suggest that beliefs about the dinar being a lucrative propostion are nothing but 'a priori' assumptions.... We unfortunately don't have 'a positori' apreception of an RV or any other engendement regarding this currency from this country at this time..... I would also suggest that most of that which we hold to be 'Real', with a capital R, is of 'a priori' genesis, which we hold as knowledge... And to be clear in this, I'm not really speaking from an epistemological framework, however, the analytical could be applied, i.e., most theoretical conjecture, e.g., physics, say Chaos Theory, Quantuum, or even String theory, is of 'a priori' orgins. And if you think about it, many of these theories are "proven" to be true (reject the null hypothesis, or simply replicate with predictable results over time).... based upon 'a priori' foundations. "A priori assumptions providing the foundation of knowledge, subjected to the analytical (even synthetic I would suggest.. ) are "proven" all the time.

(and its at this point we would launch off into ethnomethodology, the social construction of reality, etc etc... which I understand is not your point as such per se...).

Hopefully the question was not rhetorical... lol lol lol ... and if so.... nevermind :D and have a great day :D :D

Quite grandiosely written. Well done, Oh, Magical Theorist, Goofy Capitalist, Divine Oracle, Interesting Guesser, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum, ad Funnyman. All a priori, of course. lol lol lol :D

Quite grandiosely written. Well done, Oh, Magical Theorist, Goofy Capitalist, Divine Oracle, Interesting Guesser, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum, ad Funnyman. All a priori, of course. lol lol lol :D

I'm glad you stopped yourself just short of a complete explanation of the Mandelbrot Theory. haha

• Upvote 2

Well, Jay Adkisson Wealth Conservatioist, I'll give you my take on it, you are clearly an ignorant uninformed overpaid hack!

Lets look at your kuwait example:

You clearly state that Kuwait has more oil than Iraq, really, and you state that Iraq invaded kuwait for its oil so you are clearly uniformed as to the the real situation which was that Iraq has infinitly more oil than Kuwait; a simple look at an oil map should give you some idea concerning the scale of that and the reason Sadam invaded Kuwait was because Kuwait were drilling some 20 miles inside iraqs borders using advanced drilling techniques, he warned them, he protested and asked for intervention too, but the Nazi Bush familly was trying to goad him into war and he took the bait. More fool him but you sir are as much a scamster as the people you accuse, your writing ignorant uniformed crap and you seem to know as much about the Middle East as my pet hamster, but hey your a columnest for a Magzine for christ sake, you need to meet deadlines, you need to keep controversy in the forefront or your just another burned out hack. So who you gona attack next?

Edited by cbisinger
  • Downvote 2

I'm glad you stopped yourself just short of a complete explanation of the Mandelbrot Theory. haha

Ugh.. ah.... he is too doom and gloom when he hooks Chaos to the market and or the economy... for my tastes.... He needs to stay away from Talub..... I prefer the romance of Lorenz and the Butterfly effect... lol lol lol Though would have to say I do love the intricacy of fractels as artwork.... and the implications of such are of course immense. Wonder if they will ever wrap String theory into Chaos? Interesting how ....in the a priori sense, the question will always determine the answer ... imo of course....

I remain convinced its never the answer.... its always about the question..... and of course the almost unconscious detachment from the underlying assumptions which are regarded as "Real" with a capital R, in the first place, as if it were "so" and which in turn will inevitably drive the Reality we "discover" as if it in fact exists, somehow independant from the driving assumptions.... People forget that part all the time..... Though Mandelbrot does do a nice job of using the language of mathematics to explain that which verbal language (as a necessary derivitive of/for 'communication') has such difficulty disconnecting from in order to be truely objective (i.e., if the disconnect from the verbal were sufficient enough to be that objective, it would at some point reach the inability to well articulate, and thereafter fail to communicate as a functional language).

But that was 10 thousand years ago of useless theoretical bliss hanging with Berger, Luckman, Bigus and Scott... Only at the funeral of Irving Goffman would an entire audience sit there and watch John Loffland laying on the stage for 25 minutes, thinking it was an example of reality and juxtapositions therein, before anyone moved to see if that were indeed the case (which it was not, he had fainted... as I recall, blood sugar). Sometimes the theoretical as profound as it may be..... is not all that practical.... :D

PS and wrapping this all back into the discussion at hand. The author of the article clearly lined up assumptions which he held out to be "Real", and which he could thereafter, shoot down with little to no effort, in making his point (about being right that other people are wrong about the dinar).... There is no evident investment in either his research or understanding about the topic he covers, and its pretty clear, that this article is about his need to be right (that others are wrong). Seems pretty straight forward stupid in lacking any depth.

• Upvote 1

And if he's wrong?

Erving... not Irving... its late :)

Understood! Completely! I'm the one who wrote "au priori" rather than "a priori," remember? haha