Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News CBI Govenor Says current Exchange Rate Reasonable

Jesse

CBI governor says current exchange rate reasonable

March 1, 2010 - 12:37:27

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) on Monday said that the current exchange rate (1,170 Iraqi dinars per dollar) is reasonable, adding that the bank has enough foreign reserves to defend the exchange rate.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys realize the reason they have enough in reserves is that we bought so much of their worthless tissue paper in hopes of striking it rich, right? Me and my dinar are sitting back and smelling the hubris. Pretty entertaining, if you ask me :)

CBI governor says current exchange rate reasonable

March 1, 2010 - 12:37:27

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) on Monday said that the current exchange rate (1,170 Iraqi dinars per dollar) is reasonable, adding that the bank has enough foreign reserves to defend the exchange rate.

“The CBI is adopting a managed floating policy of exchange rate, through which a reasonable exchange rate is fixed,” Sanan al-Shubibi told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The current exchange rate is reasonable and stable and can be defended by our vast foreign reserves, totaling $43 billion U.S. dollars at the moment,” Shubibi explained.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127815

I'll bet that made a lot of Iraqi's happy just before they vote!

The average Dinar investor is a target for the unscrupulous businessmen who have targeted them for lack of understanding and investment savvy.

If you really think you are going to make millions of dollars from this scheme you need to be educated.

Money will be made but not what you have been conditioned to believe.

I have been trading currency for over six years. I do it for a living. For the governor of the CBI to say that he is happy with an exchange rate of 1170 to 1 is a complete joke. No country wants to have a worthless currency; the Iraqi Dinar is not even IN THE GAME. I bought dinar 6 years ago and it is still the best thing that I have done in this business. Unreal upside. Don't kid yourselves people, this currency will RV. It has to. Wish I could give you a date and rate; let's just say that Iraq will not always want to be the laughing stock of the trading community. I guarantee it.

M and now S, both mentioning the rate, interesting. Something is going on, don't you think?

I concur... information flowing around election time (contradicting each other). Hasn't there been contradicting information released before other countries have made a currency revaluation?

I have been trading currency for 6 years. For the governor of the CBI to say that he is happey with an exchange rate of 1170 to 1 is amusing. No country wants a worthless currency. I bought dinar several years ago and it is still the best thing that I have done in this business. The dinar will RV; unsure of the date and rate.

CBI wont be getting my 000 notes at this rate so im guessing they wont be getting no ones notes , So my point is why would they come out and say the want these back by the end of 2010 but at the same time the rate is reasonable at 1170 something smells bad with this more smoke IMO

I concur... information flowing around election time (contradicting each other). Hasn't there been contradicting information released before other countries have made a currency revaluation?

I think this is just a "fake to the running back and throw over the top for a touchdown." Maliki just said yesterday the dinar is undervalued. This smells like an RV touchdown to me.

The average Dinar investor is a target for the unscrupulous businessmen who have targeted them for lack of understanding and investment savvy.

If you really think you are going to make millions of dollars from this scheme you need to be educated.

I bet your fun at parties!

Are you saying there that you know there is no chance?

I doubt you are because you assume everybody is investing (X) amount clamming that no one will make (y)=Millions

Sorry, who is "You"?

Sorry for the rant, maybe I'm getting bitter too ;)

Robinsnest beat me to it to some degree. When I first read this, I thought to myself that this is the very first news release from Iraq that I can read and understand. Usually when there is a news release that I read I scream....Norrste, Norrste, where are you? We need for you to interpret this mumbo jumbo. This makes me suspect. I can't help but remember all of the UN articles, the IMF stuff, the need for an rv and on and on and on. What about all of that stuff? Was that just subterfuge? I smell a rat, one way or another. I will await the "brains" on the forum to figure this out. I'm not smart enough. Enorrste, Enorrste where are you. You don't have time for your usual nightly 2-hour nap. There is work to be done.

Captain, what is the best investment route and what are your expectations?