Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Paying TAXES When We RV Now

Please yourself. You get ONE instance of documentation with each purchase, so since I did not purchase a lot of 8M I do not have a specific set that goes with just 8M. Look you had no intention of doing this deal in the first place, so I fail to see what you are so bothered about.

I am here, like you I would guess, to keep up with whats happening with the dinar. So why don't you just check the CBI site and clam up otherwise? Why do my posts cause you such problems?

The OP stated that the government would be pissed that the RV didn't happen in 2011 so they would get taxes in 2012. But I am quite confident the government has the same view that I do and does not expect a large RV and hence are not upset that it did not occur. So its ok honeygoat to post that the feds are pissed by no RV yet but not for me to post my disagreement??? Its Adam's web site, when Adam tells me that all posts must be supportive of a large RV happening, I'll stop posting or reading as the site will be useless then.

Ok I'm back.....its not just this member who thinks your posts are annoying.....its several......you been around here 10 whole days and post nothing but garbage!

Your quite confident the govt feels the same as you??? LMAO get off that high horse bro.......you know nothing more than anyone else!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ok I'm back.....its not just this member who thinks your posts are annoying.....its several......you been around here 10 whole days and post nothing but garbage!

You're welcome to your opinion.

Your quite confident the govt feels the same as you??? LMAO get off that high horse bro.......you know nothing more than anyone else!

I am not responsible for your bizarre interpretations. Obviously my statement is asserting that the government and I have the same view of this situation, not that I had anything to do with the governments assessment. We all have access to the same info, so know more? I'd say no. Understand more? More then some, less than others.

I've heard the excuse from these guys before that they invested before they knew much about the investment. Are we really going to give much credibility to someone who does that? To me that about says it all.

I would say here are quite a lot of folks here who got into this just the way Legalos describes his experience (There was a thread called "Interview with Legalos from Sam I Am" but it seems to be in progress of being moved, anyway you guys know who Legalos is right?), and that includes me. Edited by engineer1138
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please yourself. You get ONE instance of documentation with each purchase, so since I did not purchase a lot of 8M I do not have a specific set that goes with just 8M. Look you had no intention of doing this deal in the first place, so I fail to see what you are so bothered about.

I am here, like you I would guess, to keep up with whats happening with the dinar. So why don't you just check the CBI site and clam up otherwise? Why do my posts cause you such problems?

The OP stated that the government would be pissed that the RV didn't happen in 2011 so they would get taxes in 2012. But I am quite confident the government has the same view that I do and does not expect a large RV and hence are not upset that it did not occur. So its ok honeygoat to post that the feds are pissed by no RV yet but not for me to post my disagreement??? Its Adam's web site, when Adam tells me that all posts must be supportive of a large RV happening, I'll stop posting or reading as the site will be useless then.

only a true dumb-dumb, would waste there time on something they dont believe in, you try to make all these people feel-look stupid, but you are the one who looks like a dumbazz........

• Upvote 6

only a true dumb-dumb, would waste there time on something they dont believe in, you try to make all these people feel-look stupid, but you are the one who looks like a dumbazz........

I believe there is a significant chance it will go at least somewhat higher than it is and since there is no rush what is the problem? I have not called anyone names or said derogatory things about others or made false offers.

I think I'll ask the mods for an opinion of forum etiquette here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe uncle sam will get his cut this year if it RV's. I think it will be a quarterly deal. People don't think about that much.

So now its 2012 when we RV Uncle Sam will not be getting his cut until 2013 when we do our taxes for 2012 I suppose.

Talk about loosing out big for this tax year. I take it the goverment will be a bit pissed about that. It will give people a whole year to plan how to handle there money, or should I say, new found wealth. What are your thoughts on it?

• Upvote 1

I believe there is a significant chance it will go at least somewhat higher than it is and since there is no rush what is the problem? I have not called anyone names or said derogatory things about others or made false offers.

I think I'll ask the mods for an opinion of forum etiquette here.

you can just ask me, ill give you an answer, since i helped start this site

• Upvote 5

Sonny1 IS STILL a mod here at DV! He decided to have his profile not show he is a mod but believe me he still is a mod!

I believe you. But, if he wishes to hide that fact with a different profile, I can hardly be faulted for not knowing it till now.

So for future reference, the board policy as expressed by Sonny1's post is that disrespectful behavior like name calling is not tolerated, except by mods?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If you have a issue with Sonny1, the best advise I can give you is to take it up with Adam Montana.

Adam is the one that makes any and all decisions on the mods being right or wrong!

Sorry I can't help more on this but this is out of my control.

• Upvote 1

I think your opinion has already been expressed quite clearly, and you are not a mod now.

Have you ever played Giant Bowling, where you are a human pin and an 8 foot bowling bowl has just been flung down the alley and headed right for your solar plexus? Well, get ready. You are in the frame....it's rollin........... rolling............STRIKE!.

Ni night.

Have you ever played Giant Bowling, where you are a human pin and an 8 foot bowling bowl has just been flung down the alley and headed right for your solar plexus? Well, get ready. You are in the frame....it's rollin........... rolling............STRIKE!.

Ni night.

If you say so. As I said its Adam's site, if Adam wants to let Sonny1 post as he does, that's his choice.

and why do I get negged for Thanking Bumper for the information he offered?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

engineer1138 - you're not being neg'd for thanking Bumper, you're being neg'd by other members for a very poor attitude. For such a "newbie" on the DV website (which looks a little doubtful to me), you sure are showing that you know how to "win friends and influence enemies".

engineer1138 - you're not being neg'd for thanking Bumper, you're being neg'd by other members for a very poor attitude.

That post has been neg'd. So folks just neg any post of a a poster they don't like?

For such a "newbie" on the DV website (which looks a little doubtful to me), you sure are showing that you know how to "win friends and influence enemies".

Well I am not here to win friends or make enemies but hopefully to get along with everyone while tracking what's going on wrt the dinar and express my views about it when i think that might be helpful or just feel like it. Isn't that the same for everyone? If by "poor attitude" you mean that I do not expect a 100,000% rise in the exchange rate, I'd say that is not about attitude but analysis. If that is not what you mean, can you tell me what you do mean? Where have I been impolite or discourteous to anyone? Maybe I have been and just don't notice it, but I don't think so. Edited by engineer1138
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well let's just go back to the beginning:

The first poster wrote: So now its 2012 when we RV Uncle Sam will not be getting his cut until 2013 when we do our taxes for 2012 I suppose.

Talk about loosing out big for this tax year. I take it the goverment will be a bit pissed about that. It will give people a whole year to plan how to handle there money, or should I say, new found wealth. What are your thoughts on it?

Your response:

#2 user_off.pngengineer1138 user_popup.png

Posted Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Since an RV of the magnitude you contemplate could never happen, no one has "lost out" on anything nor will the government POed about it.

For those holding onto the fantasy and would like potential tax revenues in 2012 to help them rationalize, keep in mind that if your income and hence taxes go up dramatically you may well have to make quarterly tax payments

=====

Your response was ill founded as the original poster made no claim of how much wealth was expected. Your characterization was incorrect and unkind which has set the tone for this entire thread.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what "magnitude" engineer is referring to but it doesn't matter! It could be $7.00 or .86 cents but either way, way come out ahead!

Why is he being so pessimistic?? I have to guess he bought his dinars looking to make a quick "killing" like it happens sometimes in the stock market. When it didn't happen like he wanted, he now has to bad mouth the investment that he and the rest of us made.

I would prefer that it be his last post here!! We need people with positive attitudes, not people like engineer, who only exude negative vibes!

As far as texes go, Iif it RV's this year like we all hope, I'll just wait to file my income tax next year and pay any penalty that may be due!

Well let's just go back to the beginning:

The first poster wrote: So now its 2012 when we RV Uncle Sam will not be getting his cut until 2013 when we do our taxes for 2012 I suppose.

Your response: #2 user_off.pngengineer1138 user_popup.png

Posted Yesterday, 01:56 PM

Since an RV of the magnitude you contemplate could never happen, no one has "lost out" on anything nor will the government POed about it.

For those holding onto the fantasy and would like potential tax revenues in 2012 to help them rationalize, keep in mind that if your income and hence taxes go up dramatically you may well have to make quarterly tax payments

=====

Your response was ill founded as the original poster made no claim of how much wealth was expected. Your characterization was incorrect and unkind which has set the tone for this entire thread.

Thanks for the feedback. (again I wasn't trying to upset anyone). The first poster says that an RV will occur (not maybe) and that the government is pissed about the "big loss" from not having the tax revenue associated with the RV (i.e. that the feds are also sure about this upcoming RV). So US tax revenues are in the neighborhood of $2T, so if they are pissed at missing out on a big chunk of that that is a pretty sizable RV (i.e. not .00086 to .001 for example), right? So I don't think I misconstrued anything relative to the magnitude of the RV the poster has in mind.

Secondly for such an RV to occur a few miracles have to happen. Maybe they will and we will be rich and that would be glorious. But government bean counters do not project based on miracles. If you just look at the financials Iraq is going to RD 1000:1, and maybe do a small RV to put the new (RD'd) dinar at 1:1 or maybe a little higher to the dollar. That is not going to generate significant tax revenues. If that is their projection I doubt Iraq's currency plans figure in at all into the governments tax revenue planning. So they would not be pissed by missing something they are not expecting.

Or at least that was how I thought about it. I don't see that as pessimistic, but realistic. I didn't mean to get folks upset about it, but I see numerous instances of people making assertions based on the certainty of an RV (i.e. the poster did not say "if the feds were planning on this then I suppose they would be POed by now for it not happening). And I ended with a note that since any sizable RV will end up in many folks paying quarterly taxes, there still is an RV-tax opportunity in 2012 (which I stated as a fantasy as that is what I think it is, fantasy is fun, but don't do your financial planning that way). I'll try to be kinder in the future. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what "magnitude" engineer is referring to but it doesn't matter! It could be $7.00 or .86 cents but either way, way come out ahead!

Why is he being so pessimistic?? I have to guess he bought his dinars looking to make a quick "killing" like it happens sometimes in the stock market. When it didn't happen like he wanted, he now has to bad mouth the investment that he and the rest of us made.

I would prefer that it be his last post here!! We need people with positive attitudes, not people like engineer, who only exude negative vibes!

As far as texes go, Iif it RV's this year like we all hope, I'll just wait to file my income tax next year and pay any penalty that may be due!

It does not seem like "bad mouthing" the investment to me. I am not the one doing the name calling. But I post here just to advise that the payment for not paying quarterly taxes if they are due (and there are a number of rules about it) is 8% of what is due, on a weighted average across the 4 payments. If all the tax was due for the first payment, that would make it 8% which could be a pretty big hit. The form is trivial, just here is the amount I'm paying and here is my check. So just something to consider.
  • Upvote 1