Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Meeting cancelation

jetphyxr

Exactly. When we don't know what is going on, why would anyone jump to a conclusion that it is something bad, when it could very possibly be something very good. In my mind, we have a 50-50 chance, glass half full, or half empty. I vote for half full and filling fast!

I feel that this in-fighting has to take place as they jockey for position. It is how things work. Let it happen and then they can move on. Allawi is moving around the ME like he's on a $300 3-day tour. He has taken on Maliki before. I think a bigger fish may be after him this time. This Allawi scenario reminds me of when you are on the ocean and you see schools of fish jumping out of the water to get away from a predator fish. They keep flying out of the water at "undisclosed locations" trying to get away. But there is a school of predator fish below the surface running them until they catch them. They tire them out, circle, and gobble.

I like the way you you put things into words Lady, this is exactly the way I feel about this too, you just saved me the typing.

Thanks Carrello

• Upvote 1

Lack of consensus postpones bloc leaders' crisis meeting

23/12/2011 10:37

BAGHDAD, Dec.23 (AKnews)- Due to lack of consensus, the meeting of the leaders of political blocs which was due today was postponed to an indefinite date.

As the tensions between the major blocs, State of Law Coalition of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Iraqiya List of his rival, Ayad Allawi, sped up, speaker for the House of Representatives Osama al-Nujaifi called for a crisis meeting on Friday.

Mohammed al-Khaledi, coordinator for the House of Representatives, told AKnews that the presidency of the House [speaker and his two deputies] has decided to postpone the meeting until an indefinite date.

After the PM sacked his deputy, Saleh Mutlag (an Iraqiya leader) and the court issued an arrest warrant for another Iraqiya leader, Vice President Tareq Hashemi, over "terrorism" charges, a new political crisis was born.

The VP has denied the charges and taken refuge in Erbil in the Iraqi Kurdistan region.

Insurgency has been escalating since the new crisis emerged. Yesterday in Baghdad 16 bombings left behind at least 59 dead and more than 170 dead. Baghdad linked the bombing to VP's issue.

By Mohammed Tayyeb

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/279932/

Ayad Allawi (Arabic: إياد علاوي‎. Iyād ʿAllāwī; born 1945) is an Iraqi politician, and was the interim Prime Minister of Iraq prior to Iraq's 2005 legislative elections. A prominent Iraqi political activist who lived in exile for almost 30 years, the politically secular Shia Muslim became a member of the Iraq Interim Governing Council, which was established by U.S.-led coalition authorities following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He became Iraq's first head of government since Saddam Hussein when the council dissolved on June 1, 2004 and named him Prime Minister of the Iraqi Interim Government. His term as Prime Minister ended on April 7, 2005, after the selection of Islamic Dawa Party leader Ibrahim al-Jaafari by the newly-elected transitional Iraqi National Assembly.[1]

A former Ba'athist, Allawi helped found the Iraqi National Accord, which today is an active political party. In the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq the INA provided intelligence about alleged weapons of mass destruction to MI6. Allawi has lived about half of his life in the UK. His wife and children still live in Britain for their security. He survived assassination attempts in 1978, in 2004, and on April 20, 2005.

1978: Plots with Iraqi generals to overthrow Saddam in a coup and Saddam comes to know of this. He is attacked while in his bed in Kingston-upon-Thames. Intruder hits aims to strike Allawi a deadly blow, which Allawi deflects nearly severing his right leg. The would-be assassins flee. Allawi spends a year in hospital recovering from his injuries.

If I were Allawi, I too would be cautious.....and I'm not so sure he's the enemy either.

I do not blame him for not showing up given Iraq's history. Remember when Saddam took power and had a meeting where those who did not display loyalty were pulled from the room and executed. Their history has created an innate fear and distrust in those in charge. We see it as skipping the meeting, but they may see it as skipping an execution. Just for thought

As far as i know didn't Saddam get a fair trial?

That excuse needs to be gone by now!!

Ayad Allawi (Arabic: إياد علاوي‎. Iyād ʿAllāwī; born 1945) is an Iraqi politician, and was the interim Prime Minister of Iraq prior to Iraq's 2005 legislative elections. A prominent Iraqi political activist who lived in exile for almost 30 years, the politically secular Shia Muslim became a member of the Iraq Interim Governing Council, which was established by U.S.-led coalition authorities following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He became Iraq's first head of government since Saddam Hussein when the council dissolved on June 1, 2004 and named him Prime Minister of the Iraqi Interim Government. His term as Prime Minister ended on April 7, 2005, after the selection of Islamic Dawa Party leader Ibrahim al-Jaafari by the newly-elected transitional Iraqi National Assembly.[1]

A former Ba'athist, Allawi helped found the Iraqi National Accord, which today is an active political party. In the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq the INA provided intelligence about alleged weapons of mass destruction to MI6. Allawi has lived about half of his life in the UK. His wife and children still live in Britain for their security. He survived assassination attempts in 1978, in 2004, and on April 20, 2005.

1978: Plots with Iraqi generals to overthrow Saddam in a coup and Saddam comes to know of this. He is attacked while in his bed in Kingston-upon-Thames. Intruder hits aims to strike Allawi a deadly blow, which Allawi deflects nearly severing his right leg. The would-be assassins flee. Allawi spends a year in hospital recovering from his injuries.

If I were Allawi, I too would be cautious.....and I'm not so sure he's the enemy either.

Thanks MrFnHappy, I have been having a problem with believing he is bad, I've ask on two post but no help or no one knows but I'll ask you;

Do we know if Allawi fled Iraq or was he just out of the country when this all started?

Didn't he resign 3 months ago or did I miss something?

I know I read last week that he was ready to shake hands with Maliki when he was to arrive back from Washington and it looked like he and others walked out Monday from parliament but because others look bad does this make him bad?

• Upvote 1

One thing comes to mind when I read about Allawi. He is a survivor. Because of the turmoil in our own government and our governments obvious willingness to take us back over 200 years ago and place us under government control and how they seem to back Maliki I would say Maliki may be the culprit. I believe Allawi wanted an RV quite some time back. As did Shabibi. Another name we dont hear from anymore. Maliki comes to America and visits with Obama and returns home and all Hell breaks loose. Smells like something to me.

It's a shame we are even upset that they cancelled the meeting. They are politicians. The only thing that would have come out of the meeting (had they actually met) was maybe another meeting scheduled to dicuss possible solutions blah blah blah. I think whenever these things happen they will pop - without much fanfare or preceeding news. It will definitely be known when it happens -just not ahead of time.

Thanks MrFnHappy, I have been having a problem with believing he is bad, I've ask on two post but no help or no one knows but I'll ask you;

Do we know if Allawi fled Iraq or was he just out of the country when this all started?

Didn't he resign 3 months ago or did I miss something?

I know I read last week that he was ready to shake hands with Maliki when he was to arrive back from Washington and it looked like he and others walked out Monday from parliament but because others look bad does this make him bad?

Stryker, I don't know if "resigned" is the right word, but he did walk away from the political process for the most part because Maliki wasn't letting the new National Council for Strategic Policies branch of government that was to be formed and headed by Allawi happen. The National Council for Strategic Policies was suggested by the US, and would have effectively cut down on Maliki's total power. Don't forget too, that Maliki hasn't yet appointed anyone to head the defense ministry and ministry of the interior. These two ministries are extremely powerful and leave Maliki in a near dictatorship. Allawi has support from more than one party, and I believe would have been better able to form and bond a new government. Maliki on the other hand, is IMO, nothing more than an Iranian butt-boy.

Edited by MrFnHappy