Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHERE TO RETIRE & LIVE...BEST CHOICE???

FreedomExpress

Personally I have thought about this for several years and always got back to how expensive re-locating could be? Obviously, after a significant RV our Money issue problem will hopefully be gone forever!!!

If you had the necessary funds for your entire family and you to re-locate and live the rest of your life somewhere...where would you choose? Please select the City & Country and perhaps your three top reasons for making that choice? Thank You, for participating and I will refrain from listing my choice until I hear from several of you and your reasoning?

One of the Greek Islands. :wub: Undecided which one because they all have something different. I have visited around 25 - 30 of them and found something wonderful about them all. WHY?:huh: The greek people are wonderful and i have many greek friends. I love greek food and have a greek cookery book which i use often. The climate is a bit milder than Scotland in the winter, so i should not suffer with my Asthma as much. :twothumbs: It is only a short plane journey if any of the family or my friends wish to visit and vise versa. I could take my dogs with me!:woot: It has always felt like home for me. I love greek sunsets and greek weddings.:) Nothing quite like stepping out the front door in the morning and into the ocean! Could never do the in Scotland , even in Summer!:lol: If i find a remote fishing village on an island it will be far enough away from the outside world but also close enough for to get home in an emergency

• Upvote 5

One of the Greek Islands. :wub: Undecided which one because they all have something different. I have visited around 25 - 30 of them and found something wonderful about them all. WHY?:huh: The greek people are wonderful and i have many greek friends. I love greek food and have a greek cookery book which i use often. The climate is a bit milder than Scotland in the winter, so i should not suffer with my Asthma as much. :twothumbs: It is only a short plane journey if any of the family or my friends wish to visit and vise versa. I could take my dogs with me!:woot: It has always felt like home for me. I love greek sunsets and greek weddings.:) Nothing quite like stepping out the front door in the morning and into the ocean! Could never do the in Scotland , even in Summer!:lol: If i find a remote fishing village on an island it will be far enough away from the outside world but also close enough for to get home in an emergency

My choice exactly, love greece!

• Upvote 3

Yep! Nowhere else in Europe like the Greek Islands!

Betty, I have to agree completely with you about it. My travel to the nation of Cyprus and city of Limassol was wonderful and I thought how great it would be to retire there! Island hopping to the Greek isles such as Crete would be awesome!

For golf, as you know I love golf, I would have a summer home in your lovely land of Scotland! Just point me the way dear Lizzie!

For business and post retirement work and winter fun, I would be living in Lake Tahoe, Nevada part of the time.

So, I guess I would have to have three homes to live in!! :D

Betty, I have to agree completely with you about it. My travel to the nation of Cyprus and city of Limassol was wonderful and I thought how great it would be to retire there! Island hopping to the Greek isles such as Crete would be awesome!

For golf, as you know I love golf, I would have a summer home in your lovely land of Scotland! Just point me the way dear Lizzie!

For business and post retirement work and winter fun, I would be living in Lake Tahoe, Nevada part of the time.

So, I guess I would have to have three homes to live in!! :D

Cosmo, as i am sure you are aware we have some amazing golf courses here in Scotland. I do not play, can't see any excitement in hitting balls around a green.:) However, i have already spoken to some of the nurses who work with me and are really keen golfers. I have told them how much you love golf and they have agreed that anytime you visit, i should let them know and they will play a few rounds with you and show you some of the greens.;) So i have already got it sorted for you.:P

I'd spend long extended periods of time in Spain ( various cities) , Cuba and Brazil... Reason being I spent time there before and love those places.

Very friendly People, beautiful sea, great cities usually safe ( with the exception of Brazil but one can always find a secure area there too)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

If money were no consideration, I would most likely have two homes. One would be in some place like one of the gulf islands off the coast of British Columbia, say Saltspring Island. That home would have a boat launch and boat, a newly built home with an inside/outside (we'll work on it) pool for year round swimming and I'd also have my own personal trainer, health worker to live within my household to try and work on getting me fit and keeping me that way. Well, as fit as a rather plump, prediabetic and arthritic old broad can be. Actually that aspect, the trainer/nurse type of person will be part of my life should I be able to afford it, no matter where I live.

Second house would be a ship able to travel the world, and most likely only travelling back and forth through the Mediterranean, or if it had to be one of the nailed down variety homes I would seriously consider the Tuscan hills.

Or I could end up making my landlord an offer he could not refuse, tear down what I am living in and build my dream home right here.

Whatever the case, I would pick and chose at the time and look forward to just making my life and home as comfortable as possible. I really have no great desire to live elsewhere. I am so disabled and not going to get any better, that I find any and every place a burden. So, I can pick the place I want to look out at, and just build the dream home from which to do the looking. Doesn't matter where, but there are some choices I would want to explore first.

Oh, and thanks for asking. It makes me take the time to actually stop and think about it a bit. We all seem to "know" what we will do and where we will go and all of that but when the time comes, if we have not run the scenarios through our minds at least once, we can make a lot of bad decisions. Been there and done that and don't want a repeat.

:)

smee2

Cosmo, as i am sure you are aware we have some amazing golf courses here in Scotland. I do not play, can't see any excitement in hitting balls around a green.:) However, i have already spoken to some of the nurses who work with me and are really keen golfers. I have told them how much you love golf and they have agreed that anytime you visit, i should let them know and they will play a few rounds with you and show you some of the greens.;) So i have already got it sorted for you.:P

Thanks so much honey bunch!!! :hug: There, I owed you that!!! :)

Alot depends on the 2012 election. I would love to stay in the States, and buy a very large tract of land over 750 acres and totally self contained. My second choice would be Belize, the more I read about it the more beautiful it sounds, and hopefully will get more of a feel for it when it RV's. Will put more thought into it once it RVs and know how much money I have.

Will do. With pleasure. And if /when I'm able to get my house there ( seafront or oceanfront depending on location) everybody is invited to visit ( not all together).

Spain is beautiful! My family is from Spain. Mother side, southern Spain (Malaganian). She was born there. Dad's side from the Pyrenees (Isaba). He's Basque. Been there a few times. Great food, Great people and beautiful landscape.

• Downvote 1

While I might be inclined to tell. :blink: But with enough money I am not leaving anyone a location where to look for me :huh:, unless I tell them personally.:lol:

A city some where :o on the Earth. [Note: the Gov :blink: do monitor sites :P ].

P71rock, I really did not expect anyone to list a forwarding address here for the entire World to see. Nevertheless, I believe it is safe enough to list perhaps your second destination if you're worried about someone looking for you...that way you could throw the authorities off your track. LOL

I am half Greek and have never had an opportunity to visit the area, so I will definitely be checking the Greek Isles out personally. I also love the idea of having a small Yacht to cruise the International Waters what a Great Idea, Thanks!

It seems pretty safe to assume that I will be traveling a lot in the future checking out several key areas. Most likely it's going to be difficult to choose just one Beautiful location we might have to settle on two separate homes.

If money were no consideration, I would most likely have two homes. One would be in some place like one of the gulf islands off the coast of British Columbia, say Saltspring Island. That home would have a boat launch and boat, a newly built home with an inside/outside (we'll work on it) pool for year round swimming and I'd also have my own personal trainer, health worker to live within my household to try and work on getting me fit and keeping me that way. Well, as fit as a rather plump, prediabetic and arthritic old broad can be. Actually that aspect, the trainer/nurse type of person will be part of my life should I be able to afford it, no matter where I live.

Second house would be a ship able to travel the world, and most likely only travelling back and forth through the Mediterranean, or if it had to be one of the nailed down variety homes I would seriously consider the Tuscan hills.

Or I could end up making my landlord an offer he could not refuse, tear down what I am living in and build my dream home right here.

Whatever the case, I would pick and chose at the time and look forward to just making my life and home as comfortable as possible. I really have no great desire to live elsewhere. I am so disabled and not going to get any better, that I find any and every place a burden. So, I can pick the place I want to look out at, and just build the dream home from which to do the looking. Doesn't matter where, but there are some choices I would want to explore first.

Oh, and thanks for asking. It makes me take the time to actually stop and think about it a bit. We all seem to "know" what we will do and where we will go and all of that but when the time comes, if we have not run the scenarios through our minds at least once, we can make a lot of bad decisions. Been there and done that and don't want a repeat.

:)

smee2

Don't let diabetes get you down. My mother gave her self insulin shots for almost forty years and she lived to be 90 with a fairly active life style. If you need more information email me emot-hug.gif Cinnamon Roll

Oh and I just want something warm in the winter and cool in the summer big enough that the kids can come and stay for a (short) while biggrin.gif

Personally, I'm not really sure, yet. There are a lot of places on my bucket list to see.

Belize has always been one of those places -- long before I ever heard the word "Dinar."

I kind of liked the St. Croix when I visited there some years ago. I'd like to check out the rest of the USVI and BVI.

I also liked Sardinia, Maggie. Just off the north tip of Sardinia is a little island called La Maddelena. Great little place.

I personally really enjoyed several weeks that I spent working in Israel. I felt like I was at home. Yeah, I know. Kind of weird for a blond-haired (previously), blue-eyed, American gentile; but it is what it is. And there are some great beaches north of Tel Aviv. Acre is kind of a cool, old town. Haifa is O.K., too.

Seaside Costa Rica is something I'd like to check out, too, wpsmit.

Key Largo is something I'd like to check out again -- Key West is very cool but they have no natural groundwater source. Makes water very expensive.

Have any of you noticed the beach theme going on here?

I'm thinking I'd also like a cabin up in the mountains, though. Definitely off the beaten track.

Ain't it fun to dream?

• Upvote 1

I'll stay right where I'm at. I enjoy all 4 seasons. Great place to raise my kids. Near my extended family (not too close)

So where are you that's great all 4 seasons? And before anyone starts making crazy comments, I'm not asking for GPS coordinates!

I live by the lake in central Texas and I absolutely love it. I would stay exactly where I am forever but the summers are like living on the surface of the sun. This past summer was a record heat year and it was relentless!