Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Favorite Christmas Movies

zigmeister

I like the classics, "Jesus of Nazareth, by Franco Zeferrelli" "It's a Wonderful Life" "White Christmas" "Miracle on 34th St."

and "Lethal Weapon"

This brings back a memory of many years ago, on Christmas Eve, my sister and I stayed up watching "Silence of the Lambs". :lol:

-

well lets see...hmmm...ok, got it-

1. Miracle on 34th Street

2. Sound of Music

3. 10 Commandments

4. It's a Wonderful life

5. A Christmas Carol

6. last but not least- Santa and the 3 Bears (for my daughter who is now 42, this was her favorite)

On that note I must say, I don't have a TV so don't watch these movies but they would certainly be my choices if I did...would not have tv in my home ever again, been without one for over 20 years and don't miss the mindless bother..these were good movies and I do remember them, that is sufficient...

Oh yes, and White Christmas...

My fav's are, "The Christmas Story" with Ralphie, "The Christmas Carol"

What do you put on for that "feel good Christmas movie."

S

So many favorites this time of year-but my very favorite Thanksgiving-Holiday movie would have to be "Home For The Holidays". The movie has been so underated as one of the best Holiday movies. If you ever get a chance to rent it, you should. Here is a small clip of the holiday dinner scene in the movie called "the turkey" on youtube. Great cast-mostly all of my favorites. A really good Holiday movie. Made in 1995.

: )

Edited by chocolate1
  • Upvote 1

:rolleyes: Well at this time of the year i could happily just stay home and watch movies all day and night.

A Wonderful Life.

Wizard of Oz.

Miracle on 34th St.

Santa Claus the Movie.

The Grinch.

Jack Frost

The Snowman.

Polar Express.

A Christmas Carol (any version)

Oliver

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Calamity Jane

The Sound of Music.

Mary Poppins

101 Dalmations

I know some of these are not christmas movies but they are always shown over here at this time of the year.

• Upvote 1

While my husband was still alive we had a tradition of watching the Christmas Carol starring Alistair Simm ... nothing to beat the starkness of the black and white photography, the direction and character actors of Britain. Didn't watch it last year and don't think so this year either. Stopped watching television several months ago and unsubbed from the satellite service.

But for me personally I really enjoy watching both of the Grinch movies, animated and real life. They are so much fun.

Then too, there is The Wonderful Life, which I prefer in the original black and white. Some things are not meant to be "modernized".

And yes ... I can see Die Hard as being a Christmas movie ... just weird I guess.

And for a last mention, is the Disney "Fantasia" ... far ahead of it's time.

Thanks for asking. I love reading other folk's answers and finding out just a little bit more about my DV friends here.

smile.gif

smee2

...ive never seen "its a wonderful life". Dunno why. I did see the black and white scrooge which was very good, and the charlie brown xmas which are our family's favorite-including the soundtrak which we have all purchased separately over the years. I dont really watch many american made films-ive pretty much given up on the garbage that Hollywood puts out anymore. My passion is for foreign films! So much talent, depth, life and CULTURE in those movies, not to mention great soundtraks! Italian, french, chinese, . I find quite a few american actors to be boring, stale and just plain unappealing to sit and watch for two hours.

well lets see...hmmm...ok, got it-

1. Miracle on 34th Street

2. Sound of Music

3. 10 Commandments

4. It's a Wonderful life

5. A Christmas Carol

6. last but not least- Santa and the 3 Bears (for my daughter who is now 42, this was her favorite)

On that note I must say, I don't have a TV so don't watch these movies but they would certainly be my choices if I did...would not have tv in my home ever again, been without one for over 20 years and don't miss the mindless bother..these were good movies and I do remember them, that is sufficient...

Oh yes, and White Christmas...

did you ever get a chance to watch knotts landing? still one of the best evening shows to watch back then....

Edited by chocolate1
  • Upvote 1

...ive never seen "its a wonderful life". Dunno why. I did see the black and white scrooge which was very good, and the charlie brown xmas which are our family's favorite-including the soundtrak which we have all purchased separately over the years. I dont really watch many american made films-ive pretty much given up on the garbage that Hollywood puts out anymore. My passion is for foreign films! So much talent, depth, life and CULTURE in those movies, not to mention great soundtraks! Italian, french, chinese, . I find quite a few american actors to be boring, stale and just plain unappealing to sit and watch for two hours.

Wow chocolate!!! You've got to give some of our classics a look... or a better look! Get started!!! :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

did you ever get a chance to watch knotts landing? still one of the best evening shows to watch back then....

chocolate1' , yes I did see some episodes however it wasn't one of me regulars. Really don't miss the tube...don't know when I would find time any more...keep busy ALL the time...Its been so long I don't even remember the ones on back then unless they are mentioned...

Edited by Markinsa
Repaired Quote Box