Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Email from son in Bagdad 02/24/10 2:25

dwayne919

My son is on the U.S. base in Bagdad and I asked if he had heard anything about the rumors going round and this was his reply.

"Yeah, there have ben rumors for YEARS from what I hear about the PX's and the Military Finance changing over to Iraqi Dinar. But it hasn't happened. I also haven't heard anything on when/if it is going to happen. You can go to finance and buy dinar, but you can also get US currency as well. I haven't heard ANY of the LN's say anything about their pay being lowered but still valued the same, or a pay change at all. The news really obscures what is really going on here. Here is what I am following right now. The elections are coming up VERY SOON.. The entire country is going to "black air" on the 7th of march. meaning. If you aren't a high rank, or it isn't an Air Assault mission. Then NO ONE is flying anywhere. Not sure for how long either..... Alot of bases are closing within the next 2 months. at the end of 3 months they are shipping out 50,000 troops from Iraq. There will only be a total of 6 bases open here in Iraq. Things are already getting worse over here with rounds coming in. On all bases! Unless ROE changes, there are going to be alot of casualties. Military and civilian. I haven't had much time to keep track of the dinar with all this going on. I have been more worried about getting AMR's so I can fly from site to site. Since my new job depends on me pretty much traveling all over. I do know that you can still go to finance and get 117,000 IQD for $100 USD. It hasn't changed in months. I am not sure how the elections are going to play into the re-valuing of the dinar, or all these bases closing are either. But I'm sure that soon I will know something about it. Or you will hear on the news all that is going on over here"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true I have numerous friends that's in Iraq and I stay in contact with them on facebook and they are telling me the same thing. No one over there is talking about rv's, paycut, or anything in regards to the dinar, its hush hush over there...One of my friends is telling me that he is getting more info off of dinar sites then he can gets in Iraq. Strange....

Guest marketralley

Wait, you friend is saying that he is getting more info from dinar websites than actually being there.

If that's the case than why would you believe them.

Ask him about the pay cuts. Are they real?

If this is true, where is Medic getting his information from.

I suspect medic has deeper phycological issues, which may explain his inherent need for his so called " intel ", and his need to be in control, but that should be here nor there to most of us as his posts are suspect at best and for the most part ignored or ridiculed. I would not worry about him at all, he has a following who believe. We, you, I, should only worry about what we ourselves believe. The rest is for " amusment purposes only " JMHO

poker

marketralley: He meant that they are hearing allot of chatter everywhere and what he reads on the internet. As for the two things I specificly asked him (pay and money exchange) He is on base and he still uses US money and gets it back at the px but that he has heard it's going to happen just does not know when. Has heard nothing about pay cut for Iraqi's.

My lifelong friend .... a Lt. Col. serving as an advisor to the Iraqi military asked the International Finance Director/Advisor at the base in Baghdad he is assigned to about the dinar and possible revaluation as a favor to me .... the director/advisor said no rv until after the election AT THE SOONEST .... maybe longer.

I laughed to myself when I read the bold area of your comment.

Maybe that's because there is no one in Iraq trying to profit from the sales of dinar in Iraq.

Food for thought. ;-)

This is true I have numerous friends that's in Iraq and I stay in contact with them on facebook and they are telling me the same thing. No one over there is talking about rv's, paycut, or anything in regards to the dinar, its hush hush over there...One of my friends is telling me that he is getting more info off of dinar sites then he can gets in Iraq. Strange....

I don't even believe 98% of the backgrounds these rumor spreaders tell. All fabricated to build themselves up and their credibility. Most of them write rumors then fill envelopes with your dinar order.

Wanna have some credibility with me?? Post/say something that actually comes true for a change then maybe you'll have my vote is what I say.

Med is getting his info from the same place he gets his "biography and military service history" ..... from his imagination!!!!!

I suspect medic has deeper phycological issues, which may explain his inherent need for his so called " intel ", and his need to be in control, but that should be here nor there to most of us as his posts are suspect at best and for the most part ignored or ridiculed. I would not worry about him at all, he has a following who believe. We, you, I, should only worry about what we ourselves believe. The rest is for " amusment purposes only " JMHO

poker

my thoughts exactly.

Just stop and think for a second about the information put out on this site and how people would react to it...

Aside from occaisonal testimony of someone over here like this story or what captain jack shared or intel from Adam, I really can only think of a handful of people at this forum who truly provide thought provoking analasys about iraq and the possibility of RV. Everything else to me is just smoke and mirrors and thats all it is.