Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study

Weapon X

Never heard of Fairleigh Dickinson University. I watch FOX and I knew. Just another leftist University of Obama FOX hating idiots trying to marginalize a news agency that doesn't kiss Obama's butt. Just the title alone says it all, "Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News:" Really, how could someone who doesn't watch any news, know more than someone who watches FOX? They reported it.

More Obama supporter PROPAGANDA. The University probably needs a grant from the government.

My, My...much protesting...must have touched a nerve...

The question is easily answered - when you are spoon fed propaganda you are lied to with the intent to mislead to further an agenda....in the case of FOX a corporate agenda.

So much unlearning to do these days. I've taught rhetoric and argument in college for ten years. The answer is simple - how could they know less than those who watch nothing? Those other people may read their news (far better) and those other people are not told lies and myths they want to hear that forms an total system that makes them less likely to believe anything else...sort of like religion.

It's a conservative political faith, more than it is a logical conservative phenomenon.

See how it works? You say you disbelieve a university study, done without thought of profit, with an academic reputation. Who would you believe then?

General Electric? Sarah Palin? Probably.

You have been taught not to believe liberals, that they are the enemy. They want you to emotionally hate the "others." That way you will believe FOX and other propaganda machines with your emotions, not your brain.

If you haven't changed your mind in a while, how can you be sure you still have one?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

all due respect to x and those that support these polls but have you ever wondered how many were in each poll ? i looked at one and there was only 750 which surprisingly is pretty common as far as polls go on any news channel . How can one make a claim based on maybe a little more than a 1000 people's opinion ? I like all the news , i realize they are biased , each one has their own agenda but it's good to keep an open mind . To make a claim that this news or that news is misinforming or not even informing at all based on 750 out of how many millions of americans has no credibility at all in my book but that's just my opinion . BTW there was a great story on FOX just now about veterans . This one veteran started a wine business and hires only vets . Great idea , he's hired over 40 vets and his business is booming to say the least . It's good to find encouraging news like that every now and then wouldn't you agree mr. X?

• Upvote 3

Why should I be embarrassed to provide 1 of several different studies that state the same thing, on different topics of interest of the moment, going back several years??? Tell you more here are more studies that have been taken over the years in different situations that state the same

2003 the University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) study

2009 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll

2010 Stanford University, in conjunction with the National Science Foundation

2010 Two Ohio State University researchers

Tell you more, the only one I will put some doubt would be the NBC/Wall Street poll, but it asserts the same as prior and after studies

So tell me what am I supposed to be embarrassed about???

Because I don't care what University studies say ( since they are most left leaning too) You know better.

• Upvote 2

Weapon X,

what is the purpose of your post. Your post insults a certain group of people. I am not sure if you are aware that you are on a DINAR website. Try to find out information on this and stop wasting peoples time with false information.

Hopefully you will have something of value to add in the future.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Seems there is a little truth on both sides, the press in general sucks. All about trying to shock you into watching...sensationalism at it's best. There is a couple posters on this site that throw up things just to get people's blood pressure up.

Anyway, here is a study that said both Democrats and Republicans think accuracy is a new high in lows.

Personally, I love reading the Wall Street Journal...and also the Financial Times. For news, nothing beats the BBC.

http://www.people-press.org/2009/09/13/press-accuracy-rating-hits-two-decade-low/

Press Accuracy Rating Hits Two Decade Low

Republicans continue to be highly critical of the news media in nearly all respects. However, much of the growth in negative attitudes toward the news media over the last two years is driven by increasingly unfavorable evaluations by Democrats. On several measures, Democratic criticism of the news media has grown by double-digits since 2007. Today, most Democrats (59%) say that the reports of news organizations are often inaccurate; just 43% said this two years ago. Democrats are also now more likely than they were in 2007 to identify favoritism in the media: Two-thirds (67%) say the press tends to favor one side rather than to treat all sides fairly, up from 54%. And while just a third of Democrats (33%) say news organizations are “too critical of America,” that reflects a 10-point increase since 2007.

• Upvote 1

I apologize for the formatting in advance. I did not prepare my children for university unless what they wanted to do required an education. I am glad that I did not, for all I can see that universities are turning out today are self-indulgent anti-Semite liberal handout seekers like OWS, who if aren't in line for the handout will be in positions of power in government, wanting to take from the rich to give to the lazy.

I absolutely love this:

Child’s College Pledge

I _______________________________, son/daughter of _________________________ being of sound mind and body, do hereby resolve to attend college in a truly open minded fashion. Therefore, I will not conform to what I will soon per- ceive as a trendy non-conformity, just to conform to my peers and profes- sors.

Similarly, I realize that what I will receive on campus will be a constant stream of unquestioned liberal ideals, presented as fact, and I recognize that I am the only barrier between these statements and the truth.

I realize that my parents should not be forced to pay for my indoctrination to the liberal cause of the day, and that as a token of my gratitude for tu- ition, I promise to honestly question the ramblings of former activists posing as educators.

I hereby state that I am intelligent enough to realize that fighting against the establishment in college may mean many times agreeing with my parents, and I will not be embarrassed to do so, even if they dress poorly, humiliate me, or just seem generally pathetic.

Finally, I promise under penalty of perjury that if, after a period of honest questioning I still find myself being drawn to the dark side of the force, I will take action. I promise before the change occurs to have a conversation with my parents, lasting one hour, about each position in question. In this meeting, I will provide my full attention, listen, and carefully consider my parents viewpoint. I will not disregard them as out of the loop, old, or mind- lessly controlled by the establishment.

If after this careful consideration of my parent’s wise thoughts and beliefs, I still think that they are incorrect, my parents will happily recognize my independence as a thoughtful individual and we will simply agree to disagree, with no hard feelings or lingering anger.

At this time I will also forfeit any and all monetary payments made on my behalf regarding tuition, sustenance, or even travel to get back to college.

We the undersigned to hereby declare this document to be a binding agree- ment.

Child ___________________________________________

Parent __________________________________________

Parent __________________________________________

Date __________

Date __________

Date __________

REV 06.01.05 - THE GLENN BECK PROGRAM

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Weapon X,

what is the purpose of your post. Your post insults a certain group of people. I am not sure if you are aware that you are on a DINAR website. Try to find out information on this and stop wasting peoples time with false information.

Hopefully you will have something of value to add in the future.

Lets break this down OK, that way we don't get the message mixed up.

1. I posted this article in an area called "Off Topic Posts", its designated for whatever you want to post that does not relate to the dinar or any other area in the forum.

2. How do i insult people?? Telling them that they are and have been deceived by Faux News is insulting? Have you never heard the saying" the truth hurts???

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

― Ronald Reagan

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt.

Woodrow Wilson

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt.

Woodrow Wilson

That's as insulting as saying that liberals are narrow minded bullies who think most people are too stupid to take care of or think for themselves, and need a smart liberal to do it for them.

Why make changes when you're on the right road?

When Obama talked about Hope and Change, I didn't realize it was to erase my last hope and to make sure my grand children's and great-grand children's taxes were spent before they were born.

Do you realize that in Obama's 3/4 of a first term that he is responsible for incurring 25% of our total national debt? That now each American man, woman, and child, handicapped or independently wealthy, each owe $48,000? How are we ever going to pay that off? :o Liberals continue spouting their rhetoric as though this doesn't matter at all.

I think it's the only thing that matters. But that's just me. A narrow minded conservative that can't change my mind.

• Upvote 4

Fox News viewers are less informed than people who don't watch any news, according to a new poll from Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll surveyed New Jersey residents about the uprisings in Egypt and the Middle East, and where they get their news sources. The study, which controlled for demographic factors like education and partisanship, found that "people who watch Fox News are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government" and "6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government" compared to those who watch no news.

Overall, 53% of all respondents knew that Egyptians successfully overthrew Hosni Mubarak and 48% knew that Syrians have yet to overthrow their government.

Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson, explained in a statement, "Because of the controls for partisanship, we know these results are not just driven by Republicans or other groups being more likely to watch Fox News. Rather, the results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don’t watch any news at all."

This isn't the first study that has found that Fox News viewers more misinformed in comparison to others. Last year, a study from the University of Maryland found that Fox News viewers were more likely to believe false information about politics.

"The truth is out there" and non-Faux viewers have known almost from the network's very beginning. At least, they make good sci-fi when it's not called news.

I watch all news and I can assure you Fox will keep you ahead of all news!!! I don't trust anything on NBC & MSN..I'll stop here...The top 4 out of 5 are in the tank with Obama....They have much to learn, this country is in a free fall because of them!!!!!!!!!!! God bless America!!!!!!!!

Edited by tampa1000
  • Upvote 3

Lets start of with the beginning, my skewed view on politics??? Anti government, antio business and the world owes me a good life??? Where did you get that???

Anti government??? I am a proud veteran that believes in the US government as flawed as it is. What i dont accept id BS from either side of the political scale, republican or democrat and if I have to criticize both sides I will and have. You may not like what I see but in no way is is skewed or anti anything.

I dont know where you got that I am anti business, but If i denounce that trickle down economics does not work, I attack the belief it does not work. All I have to say is this, even when Reagan who implemented this flawed economic theory he was not able to implement it like he wanted, he had to raise taxes 11 times and he raised the debt ceiling 18 times in his tenure as president, I applaud what he did but what we have seen since Bush Jr til today it does not work.

The world owes me?? I am sorry apparently YOU have been talking to somebody else, but not me.

Now what am I to answer to a post where all you say is that you thought I was intelligent but was disappointed, was I supposed to attack your opinion of me because you don't like what I found and believe?? Sorry i do not tend to do that, its my belief that only people that attack and call names and label others because of what they believe do that for only 1 reason: they have no valid point to debate and resort to name calling. I left 3rd grade many many years ago.

Sorry it took so long to respond but I wanted to enjoy my Thanksgiving day with family & friends. You and I have had a few conversations in the chat room that showed both of our social & political views so for you to state u don't know who i've been speaking with laughable. You state that you don't accept" BS from either side" is interesting because our chats and threads you've created don't mesh with that statement. Now back to your "left"leaning poll, as I stated before polls can be skewed to fit anyones beliefs,this is nothing new and my guess you know this. Example: I Googled/Bing "IQ/intelligence level of Puerto Ricans and was presented with pages of opinion/survey/polls & articles many of which supported my opinion. I could have started a thread such as yours and presented this but decided not to insult an entire group of people based on one,two,or more surveys that supported my view,you chose the other road.I have no problem with people who have differing views just state them and don't hide behind bogus/one sided polls with the sole purpose to insult(Imo) No name calling just stating it as I see it. Again you never answered my intial question on whether you believed that people who watched the left leaning networks I presented where more intelligent or better informed?If so why not show a poll/survey supporting it? Would that not have been more balanced? Another question I have is what was the reasons for the poll & why you felt it necessary to present?

Edited by caz1104