Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1 dinar is worth .84-.85 US Cents

Robdel

Yesterday Kennyw posted an article from the Kurds newspaper where they were quoted as .....(here is the caption from the article)

Daloyee: These areas are still the responsibility of Ninawa's provincial authority. And they’re suffering because of the unfair way in which the state’s budget for development was distributed, both this year and last year. For example, the Sinjar district – which is one of the poorest in Iraq with a per capita income of one Iraqi dinar a day [around US$0.85 cents] – has suffered injustice and deprivation for decades. Saddam Hussein did not allow the Kurdish people in this area to earn a living and they are still suffering today. The provincial council continues to neglect this area – despite the fact that floods destroyed property and displaced hundreds of people in April 2011. here is the link....http://www.niqash.or...ticles/?id=2932

So I emailed the editor of that article to get clarification I asked them what was the current value of thier dinar?.....here is their response...

Hi Robert, the dinar value today is around 84-85 US cents. We missed a word there! (the "around"). Thank you for pointing that out.

Niqash staff.

--

SO HAS THE RV TAKEN PLACE LIKE MANY ARE SAYING AND IT IS BEING KEPT AWAY FROM OUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE? IF SO, HOW CAN WE GET AROUND THAT! COME ON FELLOW DINARIANS, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO!!!!!!

• Upvote 5

Yesterday Kennyw posted an article from the Kurds newspaper where they were quoted as .....(here is the caption from the article)

Daloyee: These areas are still the responsibility of Ninawa's provincial authority. And they’re suffering because of the unfair way in which the state’s budget for development was distributed, both this year and last year. For example, the Sinjar district – which is one of the poorest in Iraq with a per capita income of one Iraqi dinar a day [around US$0.85 cents] – has suffered injustice and deprivation for decades. Saddam Hussein did not allow the Kurdish people in this area to earn a living and they are still suffering today. The provincial council continues to neglect this area – despite the fact that floods destroyed property and displaced hundreds of people in April 2011. here is the link....http://www.niqash.or...ticles/?id=2932

So I emailed the editor of that article to get clarification I asked them what was the current value of thier dinar?.....here is their response...

Hi Robert, the dinar value today is around 84-85 US cents. We missed a word there! (the "around"). Thank you for pointing that out.

Niqash staff.

--

SO HAS THE RV TAKEN PLACE LIKE MANY ARE SAYING AND IT IS BEING KEPT AWAY FROM OUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE? IF SO, HOW CAN WE GET AROUND THAT! COME ON FELLOW DINARIANS, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO!!!!!!

that word "around" is not in the original article.

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2011/11/kurdsiniraq137.htm

Personally, I believe as Dean_H said in the other thread that it is bad wording. We look at .80 and see 80 cents. I believe that this article is saying 8/10 of one cent, which is close to its current value.

• Upvote 4

Niqash staff.

--

That was a very smart thing to do Robdel... GREAT JOB... perhaps reply again with what the rate we see for the IQD. See if he has an opinion.

Thx

that word "around" is not in the original article.

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2011/11/kurdsiniraq137.htm

Personally, I believe as Dean_H said in the other thread that it is bad wording. We look at .80 and see 80 cents. I believe that this article is saying 8/10 of one cent, which is close to its current value.

Robdel reply is clear... There are other questions to be asked.

How long has the rate been in effect if it's indeed around .84 cents.

Edited by mojack

This is the original article and it states "0.80" not "around 0.80"

http://www.niqash.org/articles/?id=2932

Daloyee: These areas are still the responsibility of Ninawa's provincial authority. And they’re suffering because of the unfair way in which the state’s budget for development was distributed, both this year and last year. For example, the Sinjar district – which is one of the poorest in Iraq with a per capita income of one Iraqi dinar a day [uS$0.80 cents] – has suffered injustice and deprivation for decades. Saddam Hussein did not allow the Kurdish people in this area to earn a living and they are still suffering today. The provincial council continues to neglect this area – despite the fact that floods destroyed property and displaced hundreds of people in April 2011.

Regardless I think alot of us would take anything "around 0.80". GO RV!!!!! :D:D:D

Read more:

• Upvote 1

As dhardage pointed out .... .85 cents is not the same as 85 cents.

.85 cents is less than one US cent

If it had said $0.85 without the word cents behind it ...then it would have meant 85 cents.

This reads $0.85 US cents which unfortunately means one dinar is still worth less than one penny.

Edited by RVCardinal
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is the original article and it states "0.80" not "around 0.80"

http://www.niqash.org/articles/?id=2932

Daloyee: These areas are still the responsibility of Ninawa's provincial authority. And they’re suffering because of the unfair way in which the state’s budget for development was distributed, both this year and last year. For example, the Sinjar district – which is one of the poorest in Iraq with a per capita income of one Iraqi dinar a day [uS$0.80 cents] – has suffered injustice and deprivation for decades. Saddam Hussein did not allow the Kurdish people in this area to earn a living and they are still suffering today. The provincial council continues to neglect this area – despite the fact that floods destroyed property and displaced hundreds of people in April 2011.

Regardless I think alot of us would take anything "around 0.80". GO RV!!!!! :D:D:D

Read more:

Island girl,

check out the revision made today on the bottom of the article. How much clearer can that be?

As dhardage pointed out .... .85 cents is not the same as 85 cents.

.85 cents is less than one US cent

If it had said $0.85 without the word cents behind it ...then it would have meant 85 cents.

This reads $0.85 US cents which unfortunately means one dinar is still worth less than one penny.

thank you for actually noticing something that the over-hopeful can never see

• Upvote 2

The author of the article may not realize that US $ .85 cents is less than a penny or, he knows exactly what is stating which would be more in line with what we know the value of one Dinar to us. That little decimal point is the key to what was intended.

Not saying it RV'd there but to think less than a USD .01 per day pay is way too low. Less than .30 USD a month? I doubt it...

Check out the average cost of goods/services in Iraq and you can choose a specific city as well. You will find that even a bottle of water is roughly .44 USD (Range is .20 - $1.00 USD). I couldn't imagine working a month and still not being able to afford a bottle of water...

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Iraq

• Upvote 1

The correct published current rate is .00085 not .085 or .85 or even .0085. Hence the argument of a mistake being .8 cents hold no water. It is actually a true 10th of .8s of a penny.

Therefore, the reply from them saying 85cents is most logical.

Did not want to get into this debate, but felt that I needed to voice my support

for you're statement. To make less than 30cents a month would be akin to living in

the Congo. Even for Iraq that is not believable. What this article is stating is, without a

doubt confusing and frustrating. Could it be that randilan is correct?

I agree, a pay scale like that is not that believable. I don't personally feel that a RV has happened due to too many connections people have. I would think that someone would come through with information about Iraq. I remember even Adam making a comment about having an "employee" in Iraq on his 11-2-11 chat:

"[Adam Montana] I'm sure I'll get a middle of the night phone call from one of my employees in Iraq."

This would be a door straight into Iraq for information from their citizens.

Yes, the article is very misleading.

The correct published current rate is .00085 not .085 or .85 or even .0085. Hence the argument of a mistake being .8 cents hold no water. It is actually a true 10th of .8s of a penny.

Therefore, the reply from them saying 85cents is most logical.

The .00085 you say is the correct published rate is actually .00085 of a US dollar NOT a penny.

If you put the word "cents" behind the figure .... $0.85 cents that changes everything.

I am not wanting to argue anything one way or another about what the article meant to say.

I am just pointing out a fact.