Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Recently I was in Wal-Mart on Saturday and happen to stop by 1st Convenience bank and spoke to one of the tellers. I asked the teller point blank why they stop selling the dinar. She indicated that “the government had instructed the bank to stop selling the dinar” I ask was it because of a supply and demand issue. The teller said no it’s because it’s going to RV soon. The teller immediately became quiet! My thinking is that she wasn't supposed to share that information. Now I don’t have any empirical fact to support her statement. And soon can have a very broad interpretation from next week to next year.

However I thought it was worth mentioning and maybe Adam or someone else on the else on the forum has some additional insight.

Newbie: Which City, Which Walmart? Please provide additional info. thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just got back from Daytona Beach yesterday. On Tuesday the guy that got me invested told me that T D B along with all the other banks were told to stop selling. I told him that T D stopped awhile ago. I went down to the one by International B,lvd. and was told that they stopped back in July when they found out that people were using it as an investment. She was told that they stopped selling because T D will not be held liable. Now I go into W F today and pretty much was told the same thing when I talked to a Financial Adviser. I played dumb and he acted like he did not ever hear of the Dinar but then he started rambling on and went from not knowing how to pronounce Dinar to saying it right. The Manager came out from at least 50 feet away and somehow knew what we were talking about and said to call 1--800-TO-WELLS to buy it direct. I did alot of running around today and I'm not sure if they are open tomorrow because of Election Day but I will try. The guy at W F was B S'ing me I think by saying he never heard a word about it before. I did not mean to hijack your thread either, sorry but this is true. God Bless our Troops

Edited by Lenape
  • Upvote 2

Now now cbs.........you wouldn't be suggesting that we fine folks break the law, would you? I think in many states it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge

:lol: yeah, you;'re right! {wink};)

Maybe if they walk in wearing a Tshirt stating "This conversation is being recorded"?? :blink: :blink: :blink::lmao:

:lol::lol:

At least one person participating in the conversation BESIDES the one who is recording, I hope.......Or else it wouldn't make any sense.

Believe it or not, some states only require one person, could be the one doing the recording, to know. Some crazy laws on the books.

Ok, regarding bank stories. I personally LOVE them. It's very rare that a story is 100% false. There are always tidbits of truth, even in a false story. For the record, I believe the original poster is telling the truth. But even if I thought they weren't, I would look for bits in the story that may be true.

A while back someone posted, in this forum, a story that I believe was true where the poster asked a teller (yes a mere teller I know) about the IQD. The teller looked through a currency book and concluded the IQD wasn't being traded yet. While the teller was looking through the currency book, they said, out loud to themselves: "I would be interested in this South Korean Won..". I thought to myself, now why in the world would she say this, when the VND is cheaper, backed by gold, and would just have to go up a little bit. I already own VND and IQD, but didn't have South Korean Won. On the chance that this statement was some sort of sign (or maybe she really did see something in that book, I don't know), I bought some Won.

Not 3 weeks later, I see Luigi's post that the US just signed a trade agreement with South Korea which yes, requires them to raise the value of their currency. We did 80 billion in trade with them last year, SK had a 10 billion dollar surplus from that last year alone. The new agreement will support 70,000 jobs here in America.

At risk of being called a Won pumper, the issue for me is not will the Won go up. It's when. Thanks to a bank story about IQD posted in the Rumors section, I now have some. I believe the teller in this thread said revalue. The teller may not know what they are talking about, could be misremembering (yes that's a word, learned that one from ESPN), or, they maybe don't understand the word revalue. There are all kinds of explanations for what she said. We don't know. That's where you have to trust your gut as to whether you think it means what it says, or, alternatively, is it a misunderstanding? I have to say, I love that about speculation. That's why I find this section both informative and exciting.

I think we need to continue to share these stories amongst ourselves. I for one, find them very helpful. And I also find all the responses hysterical. Some of you guys are really frigging funny. Have a great night! Go RV already!!!

• Upvote 2

Canuklady,

Great post. I agree that we should all be sharing these stories with each other. We may be able to pick up on things or maybe two or three of them together tells another story -- who knows, right? Funny, though, I knew nothing about currency speculation and now I own dong and IQD. And now I want Won???? Jeeez, thanks, Lady. :lol:

Have a great Tuesday,

Kimberley B)

• Upvote 1

Canuklady,

Great post. I agree that we should all be sharing these stories with each other. We may be able to pick up on things or maybe two or three of them together tells another story -- who knows, right? Funny, though, I knew nothing about currency speculation and now I own dong and IQD. And now I want Won???? Jeeez, thanks, Lady. :lol:

Have a great Tuesday,

Kimberley B)

Thanks! You're so right! Sorry about you wanting Won now! Lol! Okay, one of these is going to RV in the next 30 days darn it! I am losing it over here! If all three of them RV together, like I said in another thread, I am taking sudden wealth syndrome to a whole other level! I am going to have a serious injury to my index finger from hitting "buy it now...". :D:D :D

• Upvote 1

At least one person participating in the conversation BESIDES the one who is recording, I hope.......Or else it wouldn't make any sense.

It makes sense in the regard that if one person (participant) is aware of the recording... it's then not a secret recording from a "third" party (non-participant), whereas the "participants" of the actual conversation would be unaware... hence the illegality. :blink: I know... a bit confusing... but that's the reasoning... Third party deterent.

Edited by Jaxinjersey

Recently I was in Wal-Mart on Saturday and happen to stop by 1st Convenience bank and spoke to one of the tellers. I asked the teller point blank why they stop selling the dinar. She indicated that “the government had instructed the bank to stop selling the dinar” I ask was it because of a supply and demand issue. The teller said no it’s because it’s going to RV soon. The teller immediately became quiet! My thinking is that she wasn't supposed to share that information. Now I don’t have any empirical fact to support her statement. And soon can have a very broad interpretation from next week to next year.

However I thought it was worth mentioning and maybe Adam or someone else on the else on the forum has some additional insight.

But ya know, that is not something the teller would know. Iraq will not broadcast that. But the good thing is that they would rv before rd.