Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

'Almighty God' gets go-ahead

ronscarpa

'Almighty God' gets go-ahead

Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 11/4/2011 @ 3:45:00 AM

Now that a court has given its stamp of approval, Kentuckians can legally thank "Almighty God."

A ruling by a three-judge panel of the Kentucky Court of Appeals favors two state actions thanking God. One of those actions came in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when state lawmakers issued a finding stating "the safety and security of the commonwealth cannot be achieved apart from reliance on Almighty God."

The other -- in legislation that created the state Office of Homeland Security in 2006 -- required the executive director of that agency to acknowledge "dependence on Almighty God" in training manuals and on a wall plaque on the door of the operations center.

Kent Ostrander of the Family Foundation of Kentucky explains that a lower court had ruled against the latter action -- specifically, against a plaque saying: "Except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain." (Psalm 127:1)

"There was a lawsuit by some atheists saying that they were trying to establish religion [by requiring the plaque]," he shares. "And in this case, the court of appeals ruled that that was just a part of the traditional American heritage, and that it's free for a government to say such a thing as 'God Almighty.'"

Of the legislation, one of the judges wrote that it merely "seeks to recognize the historical reliance on God for protection" and does not advance religion.

The Christian activist believes atheists are suggesting everyone has constitutionally guaranteed free speech -- unless, of course, they are mentioning God.

"That's normally the tenor," Ostrander comments. "And it's unfortunate because everybody's so hyper about giving someone an offense -- and certainly we don't want to give anyone offense.

"But just because someone's offended doesn't mean they have the right to take over other people's freedoms -- and that's what is attempted every time these kinds of things are taken to court."

Ostrander fully expects the decision to be appealed.

ONN Link

• Upvote 12

"But just because someone's offended doesn't mean they have the right to take over other people's freedoms -- and that's what is attempted every time these kinds of things are taken to court."

Exactly! If someone is offended, change the channel, walk away, hang up the phone, close the book, don't look in that direction, etc... Those methods work very well for me since I find many things offensive, but I don't keep others from enjoying their priveleges and I certainly don't take them to court. Live and let live!

• Upvote 7

Exactly! If someone is offended, change the channel, walk away, hang up the phone, close the book, don't look in that direction, etc... Those methods work very well for me since I find many things offensive, but I don't keep others from enjoying their priveleges and I certainly don't take them to court. Live and let live!

Wise words "ems"...thanks...!

RON B)

• Upvote 1

Great post!

• Upvote 1

At five feet tall, and a retired 75 year old woman, I'll do the same. I'm there. Let them do what they will--I'll go down fighting for this, my primary, basic right as a human being. I have the innate and God-given right to believe and say whatever I want, and if I choose to say it publicly or have it carved on a statue or put it on a billboard, I will do so. Those who whine and object will just have to do their worst.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

People, religion is like having a pee pee*

It's fine to have one

It's fine to be proud of it

But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.

*can't say the real word as it will be blanked out

Let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we...what if Atheist Acted Religious:

Not much fun being a minority is it?

Let the negatives rain!!!! :woot:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

It's fine to have one

Let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we...what if Atheist Acted Religious:

Let the negatives rain!!!! :

We mock what we fear

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's fine to have one

go take that crap over sea ,I think Somalia ,you get alone with all the Muslims ,say something about the khan...you don't have the nut sack...JMO.........................GO RV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

"In entire history of mankind (no country) has turned it's back completely on God that has remained a superpower"

Define superpower? Was Ancient Greece a Superpower? They didn't believe in Christ or your God", Next, Ancient Rome....it lasted from 230 BC until 400 AD...Christianity only became it's official religion in 333...so you could argue Christianity was its down fall, read it here: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/rome.html Next,

British Empire....gone. After Henry the VIII didn't like the way Rome could tell him what to do, he invented his own religion. Next,

American...I'm sorry to say is fading fast...The Sleeping Giant, China...(non-Christian) will most likely be the main guy by 2050. :(

By the way, why are you even celebrating something Christian that was approved in downtown Bible Belt? If it was news from New York or California..I could see why you would be crowing..but Kentucky? Come on, seriously? :wacko:

That's like G A Y S celebrating that they have a permit to walk down San Fransico Blvd in a Rainbow parade.

When this gets to the Federal Supreme Court...and passes...then I can at least understand why you would be celebrating.

And yes, of a matter of fact, I AM very fearful of Theist...

Let me get this straight about Christinaity:

The belief that a cosmic jewish zombie

who was his own father can make you

live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood

and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master,

so he can remove an evil force from your soul

that is prsently in humanity

because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to

eat from a magical tree.

Yup....I'm afraid of anyone that would believe all that. :blink:

And I'm the one that doesn't get it? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

"In entire history of mankind (no country) has turned it's back completely on God that has remained a superpower"

Define superpower? Was Ancient Greece a Superpower? They didn't believe in Christ or your God", Next, Ancient Rome....it lasted from 230 BC until 400 AD...Christianity only became it's official religion in 333...so you could argue Christianity was its down fall, read it here: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/rome.html Next,

British Empire....gone. After Henry the VIII didn't like the way Rome could tell him what to do, he invented his own religion. Next,

American...I'm sorry to say is fading fast...The Sleeping Giant, China...(non-Christian) will most likely be the main guy by 2050. :(

By the way, why are you even celebrating something Christian that was approved in downtown Bible Belt? If it was news from New York or California..I could see why you would be crowing..but Kentucky? Come on, seriously? :wacko:

That's like G A Y S celebrating that they have a permit to walk down San Fransico Blvd in a Rainbow parade

When this gets to the Federal Supreme Court...and passes...then I can at least understand why you would be celebrating.

And yes, of a matter of fact, I AM very fearful of Theist...

Let me get this straight about Christinaity:

The belief that a cosmic jewish zombie

who was his own father can make you

live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood

and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master,

so he can remove an evil force from your soul

that is prsently in humanity

because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to

eat from a magical tree.

Yup....I'm afraid of anyone that would believe all that. :blink:

And I'm the one that doesn't get it? :rolleyes:

I'm not usually one to respond in this manner,however

Your response about the wonderful people of Ky is out of line...

Your smug pretentious remarks are unkind and and ugly.....

You can mock God and his followers....obviously your intellect is not connected to your soul.

Have a nice life in that empty vessel........

Dame

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

go take that crap over sea ,I think Somalia ,you get alone with all the Muslims ,say something about the khan...you don't have the nut sack...JMO.........................GO RV

Ah...look, a perfect example of evolution, a neanderthal. Pls return to your backwood banjo picking, pig chasing ways until your cranium grows some more grey matter between your ears. Then you can perhaps rejoin civilization and be a member of a polite society.

Regarding Kentuckians...so it's an insult for me to say they are in downtown bible belt? :huh: I thought they would kind of like that analogy.

Psst...a little secret...I don't have a soul...and ah...neither do you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Ah...look, a perfect example of evolution, a neanderthal. Pls return to your backwood banjo picking, pig chasing ways until your cranium grows some more grey matter between your ears. Then you can perhaps rejoin civilization and be a member of a polite society.

Regarding Kentuckians...so it's an insult for me to say they are in downtown bible belt? :huh: I thought they would kind of like that analogy.

Hey tiff does that stick hurt????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 Timothy 2

1 Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. 2 You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

3 Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. 5 And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. 6 And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor. 7 Think about what I am saying. The Lord will help you understand all these things.

8 Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. 9 And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. 10 So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

11 This is a trustworthy saying:

If we die with him,

we will also live with him.

12 If we endure hardship,

we will reign with him.

If we deny him,

he will deny us.

13 If we are unfaithful,

he remains faithful,

for he cannot deny who he is.

14Remind everyone about these things, and command them in God’s presence to stop fighting over words. Such arguments are useless, and they can ruin those who hear them.

15 Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. 16 Avoid worthless, foolish talk that only leads to more godless behavior. 17 This kind of talk spreads like cancer, as in the case of Hymenaeus and Philetus. 18 They have left the path of truth, claiming that the resurrection of the dead has already occurred; in this way, they have turned some people away from the faith.

19 But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.”

20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. 21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

23Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.

-

• Upvote 5

It's fine to have one

Tiffany, you do act religious. You act religious in the way highly defensive religious zealots are overly protective of what they believe because they know someone can debunk it and that it won't stand up under scrutiny. And if I'm not mistaken, we haven't been talking about religion, but about your athiesm. You will probably try again to call it a religion, but it isn't. A religion is a faith in something, while athiesm is a faith in nothing. Your zealotry to defend your right to call atheism a religion (an attempt to make it seem decent and good) is like someone who defends to the death his right to pick up a turd by the clean end. No matter what he calls it, it's still what it is, and it has no clean end. <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

J.F. Thank you for being civil. The problem, for those who have not visited my profile page is I"m fed up with people slagging Non-Christians. That's it plain and simply. If you wish to express your faith with like minded people...I have absolutely NO problem with that. Really.

But when you start going out of you your way to purposely slag some other belief...then I'm sorry, I'm not going to stand by anymore. Slagging is bad enough, but when they start swinging BS around that doesn't hold an ounce of truth, well..then it's time to start throwing some cold hard facts at them.

Go back and look at every post I've gone into that address Religion...EVERYONE of the posts started with the poster taking a negative jab, whether it was regarding Muslium or Atheist.

Just so you know, some of my best friends on this site...like Pappy and Furball...are born again Christians...and we almost daily exchange postings regarding their and my beliefs..and I love hearing their different points of views...and they are willing to listen to mine. We don't agree with each other but we like and respect each other regardless.

So...as the saying goes, an eye for an eye...each time someone sends out some BS regarding Non-Christians...I'll be there...so you better be ready to debate because I'm not going down without guns a blazing!

Your humble servant,

Tiff

P.S. Francies...just curious, which discussion do you think I lost? I've addressed everyone's argument (I think) with facts that I have found. The only one that is still out there is DinvarM...regarding Gun control...but we digress.

THANK YOU!!! Or as the folks in NH say "live free or die".

• Upvote 1

Pssst . . . little secret back atcha' . . And ah . . . you aren't right even about yourself, and you are completely off the mark by one galaxy and a constellation about Christians. We DO have souls, and we know it, and we thank God for them. Tiff, I am not God, nor am I even always like Him--just don't have the patience nor the vast love to even come close, so I lose patience with your stiff-minded little determination to fight to the bitter end on a stance that takes you nowhere and gives you nothing. Further, the fact that you have your arguments all lined up and are prepared to fight doesn't mean you know what you are talking about, only that you know how to line up your quasi-, so-called facts, and slam them out there to repond to people who have given a great deal of themselves to try to help you understand. But you choose not to do so. Therefore, unless I am drawn back in by some odd turn in this discussion, which could happen but probably won't, I'm finished with it.

I feel sad for you that no good came from so many good people laying their souls out to dry for you, because until you have your own 'come-to-Jesus moment', most likely when you are brought to your knees by Life-circumstances, you will continue to turn a deaf ear and a deaf soul to God. Trust me when I tell you that He won't let this go on forever. I get frustrated with you, but God continues to love you, and He isn't going to give up without a much bigger fight than I've waged. One day He will decide that it is time for Tiffiny to meet Him on His own turf, and on that very day, you will become a believer. Maybe not until, because you are stuck on the same old rat's wheel, spinning around and around on the same old rhetoric. But it will end someday, and your very life will change drastically. I wish you well until then. And after then for that matter, but you'll be a changed women when that day comes. It just happens like that. Mark my words. Meantime, you just keep your little screaming fight going, Tiff. Job did it, and so can you. And Job was forced to face God, and so will you be. And just as Job was forced to shut up and listen, so will you be. And above all, just as Job was brought to God on his knees, so will you be.

Just for what it's worth, Job was a highly successful man. He had many fields of grain and herds of goats, sheep, cattle and oxen. He had tall sons and daughers, and he sat at the city gates conferring with the other city fathers about laws regarding the land in which they lived. But one day the devil went to God and said, "I can get your son, Job," and God said, "Nuh-uh. Nope. He's my boy, You can't get Job," but the devil persisted, and finally God told him, "Go ahead and try, but you can't get him to turn away from Me."

Well, the devil being a sneaky old bastid, went to earth and began whispering in Job's ear. But Job was far too wise and refused to listen to him. So the devil began laying waste to Job's fields of grain in one way or another, one field at a time, and every day another runner came bearing the bad news of another huge loss. But Job would not turn from God. So the devil began destroying Job's herds of animals, one after the other, until all were dead. Still Job would not turn from God. So finally the devil began killing Job's tall sons and daughers, one after the other, until finally the very last one died. So that night Job, in utter grief and despair, stood under the stars, looked up and screamed at God, "Why? . . . Why?? . . . Why me? . . . I've been good!" Finally God decided to answer him and asked, "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth?" He was reminding Job that he was merely a part of creation, and not the Creator of it. Then God asked Job one more question. "Can you catch a leviathon on a hook and a line?" By this he meant a giant whale. This time God was reminding Job that, even in nature, there are bigger things than he was. Eventually . . . . very eventually, Job made his peace with God and returned to his wife and home, but he had learned some important truths about himself and his relationship to God. And so will you, Tiffany. So will you.

Oh, and for his belief, God gave Job more herds of animals, fields of grain, and tall sons and daughters. So as Shakespeare says, "All's well that ends well." I just hope before you have to be brought to your knees, you learn that God exists, that it is His universe, and that you are a part of it, a very important part, for sure, but that bigger things than you are out there, Tiff.

Best wishes and warm regards. Fran

• Upvote 2

Regarding the video:

I have always found it downright amusing that the atheist religion is founded upon the idea of something or Someone not existing. I'm sure this is because I don't understand something about it. Some intelligent well-educated people take this position.

As a Christian, my religion is about "what Is", not "what is not". I believe this is true of every religion throughout history. All of them have something positive to focus on, except for the religion of atheism. If I were an atheist, I would be insulted by the video. So much energy wasted on purporting the nonexistence of something (or Someone).

I believe in absolute truth. I believe that truth is truth whether or not I believe it or understand it. I do not believe the lie that I can "create my own reality" and decide what is real and not real. That path is the path that leads to lunacy. My point on absolute truth is to say that it really doesn't matter whether or not one believes in something (or Someone), it changes nothing, except for the believer (or non-believer).

Many scientific studies have shown that people with faith, regardless of the brand, live happier, longer and healthier lives than those without.

At the end of time, when it is all said and done (and the Dinar RV'd or not) I may be standing in front of an Almighty God, deciding where I will spend eternity without end. I think I'll hedge my bets and go with "There is a God." If I'm wrong I have nothing to lose.

If I were to chose to reject God, then I have everything to lose.

Food for thought.

• Upvote 3

I believe in absolute truth. I believe that truth is truth whether or not I believe it or understand it. I do not believe the lie that I can "create my own reality" and decide what is real and not real. That path is the path that leads to lunacy. My point on absolute truth is to say that it really doesn't matter whether or not one believes in something (or Someone), it changes nothing, except for the believer (or non-believer).

I think I'll hedge my bets and go with "There is a God." If I'm wrong I have nothing to lose. If I were to chose to reject God, then I have everything to lose.

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." (John 17:17)

I'm with you, Broke. I'll hedge my bets on God!

• Upvote 2