Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

rv?

hollywood7

Now you are on to something concrete. :)

In theory, yes. If our government, and that is a big IF :huh: , chooses to be prudent with this blessing and uses the $$ for things that would make our country more solvent, then the confidence from other nations in our financial stability would in turn increase the underlying value of the USD.

GO RV!!

:D :D :D :D

So are you assumming the US Government bought up millions of dinar too? The last I heard, if they did it wasn't anywhere to be found in their bookkeeping...... :mellow:

Good afternoon Notachance,

Thanks for the explanation. I have a question. What would it take for Iraq to be included in that basket? And if they were in the basket, if/when it RVs, or prior to RV, then would all the currencies in that basket have to go down in value for the dinar to raise in value?

May be a dumb question, but .....

Thanks for your help,

Kimberlye B)

Sorry about the delayed response. I just saw your question.

The basket currently consists of the euro, Japanese yen, British pound sterling, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona, and Swiss franc. I don't think there's any scenario that would include the Iraqi dinar in the dollar index basket. Iraq is way too small of an economy. It would take dozens of years of double digit growth and a huge diversification of the Iraqi economy before we could ever expect Iraq to be a significant player in the world economy. Truthfully, it's one of the reasons I feel the prospects of the dinar are highly overrated. In the unlikely event the dinar ever was included in that basket, it's likely the dollar would weaken if the dinar actually revalued as many people speculate. However, your odds of winning the lottery are better than the dinar ever being included in that basket.

There has been discussion of creation of a unified middle east currency. All the middle eastern countries would share a currency similar to the euro. I think it's highly unlikely they could ever successfully launch a unified currency, especially with all the problems we're experiencing with the euro. However, if they did, that currency would be very desirable and could provide signficant more clout to countries like Iraq.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

So are you assumming the US Government bought up millions of dinar too? The last I heard, if they did it wasn't anywhere to be found in their bookkeeping...... :mellow:

If you will notice in my comment, I quoted what I was responding to. I was responding to someone else's comments regarding THEIR assumptions.

Go RV!!!

:D :D :D :D

Because we are trying to make people "informed, engaged, and prepared" about the dinar. Why did you ask the question if you didn't want to hear the answer?

NOT A CHANCE <_<

When I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will sleep well knowing that you and the federal government have my back <_< NOTNOTNOTNOTNOT

Dame

• Upvote 5

Because here I can learn about ALL the possibilities. Not just the ones that make me feel warm and fuzzy

Lol you just comment on every single little thing and most of the time its completely clear you dont even read most of the post before you comment....WOW you must be really board!

Not just with this forum but with any forum people ask a question and often it seems like they are just trying to get others to say or back up what they have in their mind and are set on believeing anyways.

Why are people who doubt we will become millionaires still on this site. I'm interested in the dinar as well as other currencies. I am invested in the dinar and have a vested interest in keeping up on it. I do not believe an RV will happen and make this investment turn into a 100,000% profit overnight, I think I may be able to triple my money in the short to mid term though.

There is a lop talk section you might find much more helpful with your beliefs. They would love to have you there and you can keep up on all the latest crap!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Lol you just comment on every single little thing and most of the time its completely clear you dont even read most of the post before you comment....WOW you must be really board!

BOARD:

Lumber, or other rigid material, milled or sawn flat See Category:Engineered wood

Cutting board

Sounding board, of a musical instrument

Paperboard

Corrugated fiberboard

Fiberboard

A reusable writing surface Chalkboard

Whiteboard

BORED:Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is without any work or is not interested in their surroundings. The first recorded use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852,[1] in which it appears six times, although the expression to be a bore had been used in the sense of "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768.[2] The French term for boredom, ennui, is sometimes used in English as well.

Wanna guess which I am? I read enough of your post to know you don't know the difference between the two. If you are going to make a lame attempt to insult someone, fine..........at least get it right please

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

BOARD:

Lumber, or other rigid material, milled or sawn flat See Category:Engineered wood

Cutting board

Sounding board, of a musical instrument

Paperboard

Corrugated fiberboard

Fiberboard

A reusable writing surface Chalkboard

Whiteboard

BORED:Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is without any work or is not interested in their surroundings. The first recorded use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852,[1] in which it appears six times, although the expression to be a bore had been used in the sense of "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768.[2] The French term for boredom, ennui, is sometimes used in English as well.

Wanna guess which I am? I read enough of your post to know you don't know the difference between the two. If you are going to make a lame attempt to insult someone, fine..........at least get it right please

Btw....no insult inteded! U post a lot and half the time its not really related...just annoying

Lol! Exactally migh pointe! Thanke u

Edited by JWJW11
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

ok, well...........good luck with that!

My point to you is....you have over 1500 posts and youve only been here for a little over a month(HOLYMACKERAL THATS ALOT). You seem like a very nice lady and I am not trying to insult you as you did with me (posting the difference between board and bored) LMAO

I am just offering up some constructive criticism....sorry to have offend you!

You havent been around here nearly long enough to know what I kno and dont kno as I really havent stated to much as of late.....anyways to answer your question based on the number of posts you have you are oblviously BORED!!!

Hey maybe you could also help me with....to/too/two,

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

My point to you is....you have over 1500 posts and youve only been here for a little over a month(HOLYMACKERAL THATS ALOT). You seem like a very nice lady and I am not trying to insult you as you did with me (posting the difference between board and bored) LMAO

I am just offering up some constructive criticism....sorry to have offend you!

You havent been around here nearly long enough to know what I kno and dont kno as I really havent stated to much as of late.....anyways to answer your question based on the number of posts you have you are oblviously BORED!!!

Hey maybe you could also help me with....to/too/two,

Ok, I see that you edited your second post after I read it to include THIS line...."Btw....no insult inteded! U post a lot and half the time its not really related...just annoying"

I am sorry that I annoy you, but if you had led with this line I would have understood what you were trying to say. Yes, I do read the posts. I am going to paste a post that I made because I think you will understand my point of view a bit better. Am I bored?? Absolutely! I work in a tax office and for 6 months out of the year I do NOTHING. This is good news to you, because you only need to endure me for about another 2 months and then I will disappear for a time, but you know what?? IF this thing hasn't "popped" by then, I believe that I will be missed. Not every post needs to be Dinar related. I have made some good friends here and would like to think we can continue with fun, lighthearted discussions about things after (whatever happens) actually happens.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=41&t=89797&qpid=725052#ixzz1cQBzfrtr

Well...............ok, but then my rep is going to go downhill FAST!! Do I say brilliant things with regards to this investment/speculation? No. Do I know enough about politics or religion to actively participate in those discussions? Nope. I am the "class clown" (second only to Thug). I make people laugh, and occasionally am able to cut the tension in a particular thread. If someone brightens your day with a post about a particular football team, why not throw a + at em. I am about to "revitalize" the recipe thread, and hope that some people enjoy foods that I make for my family. Do I think people should say + one for every post? Probably not. But I think if a post makes you smile, or makes you see something in a new light, why not help em out with a +? Just my :twocents:

Have a nice night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because we are trying to make people "informed, engaged, and prepared" about the dinar. Why did you ask the question if you didn't want to hear the answer?

I'm pretty sure that you are here, because you're on somebody's payroll $$$

You're sure not here to make new friends. Most of us knew that this was a gamble, so please, kindly step aside so we can play the game !!!!

• Upvote 6

Ok, I see that you edited your second post after I read it to include THIS line...."Btw....no insult inteded! U post a lot and half the time its not really related...just annoying"

I am sorry that I annoy you, but if you had led with this line I would have understood what you were trying to say. Yes, I do read the posts. I am going to paste a post that I made because I think you will understand my point of view a bit better. Am I bored?? Absolutely! I work in a tax office and for 6 months out of the year I do NOTHING. This is good news to you, because you only need to endure me for about another 2 months and then I will disappear for a time, but you know what?? IF this thing hasn't "popped" by then, I believe that I will be missed. Not every post needs to be Dinar related. I have made some good friends here and would like to think we can continue with fun, lighthearted discussions about things after (whatever happens) actually happens.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=41&t=89797&qpid=725052#ixzz1cQBzfrtr

Have a nice night.

dhardage good evening. I read this comment and just wanted to make sure that you and your new good friends are all VIP members. That is the only way that you and they will be able to have fun, lighthearted discussions about things after whatever happens, happens. Adam has made it very clear that the general forum will be shut down once whatever happens, happens. Only VIP will be left here for fun lighthearted discussions about things.

• Upvote 1

dhardage good evening. I read this comment and just wanted to make sure that you and your new good friends are all VIP members. That is the only way that you and they will be able to have fun, lighthearted discussions about things after whatever happens, happens. Adam has made it very clear that the general forum will be shut down once whatever happens, happens. Only VIP will be left here for fun lighthearted discussions about things.

Hi SpeculatorsRIDE,

I appreciate your concern. The fact is, with or without Adam's announcement about closing the doors, many of us knew that unless you wanted to stick around for post RV investment advice, this site would have little purpose post RV. Fortunately, we have begun to prepare for that. There are MANY other ways to keep in touch. I have been collecting email addresses and hope to get many more by the time this thing "pops.'(My email address can be found in a comment on my profile page for anyone interested) There is skype, yahoo, msn........ just to name a few. I am VIP right now. Am I 100% positive I will go Platinum? Not right now. But if I have anything to say about it, I have made friendships that will last a VERY long time. Thanks again though.

Robin

That depends on what the "puppets" in DC do with our reserves.

If they pay off debt... Yes.

If they spend it like a drunken sailor. NOPE.

:( i guess you didn't remember what former President Ronald Regan said about "Drunken Sailors"? :(

"....they say that government spends like drunken sailors. But that wouldn't be fair to the drunken Sailors, because the drunken sailors are spending THEIR OWN money...." ~President Ronald Regan

:lol:

There are 3 different answers depending upon the specific question you were asking.

1. Your question assumes the dinar will revalue. That is unlikely. The dinar is far more likely to redenominate. If that happens, there will be no material change in the relative value of the dinar to the dollar.

2. If there is a revaluation and the dinar increases in value, by default, the US dollar must go DOWN in comparative value. Currency valuation is a zero sum game. One currency can only increase in value if the other currency that it is measured against goes down in value. For the dinar to increase in value to the US dollar, the US dollar must decrease in value to the Iraqi dinar.

3. The US dollar index measures strength of the US dollar relative to a basket of currencies. That basket does not include the Iraqi dinar. There are no plans to include the Iraqi dinar in this basket. So, regardless of what happens to the dinar, it will have no effect on the US dollar index (even if the dollar decreases in relative value to the dinar). The strength of the dollar will continue to be measured against this basket of other currencies regardless of what happens to the dinar.

There is no scenario that results in the US dollar going up in value. The outcome of the dinar revaluation will have either no effect on the dollar or result in the dollar losing value.

-Nat

luckily we have "not a chance" here with us, and how he/she can tell us with such CERTAINTY that it will redenominate (LOP). Glad to know now. I'll sell everything now...only question is, WHY ARE YOU HERE in a losing investment? SELL already and leave us alone or curl up in the LOP section where you belong.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure that you are here, because you're on somebody's payroll $

You're sure not here to make new friends. Most of us knew that this was a gamble, so please, kindly step aside so we can play the game !!!!

I'm inclined to agree with your comment on her posts, actually. Her first reply to the thread could have easily gone with OUT the RV bash info. Explaining the "currencies in one basket" and the dinar not really being in that basket...ect...would have been sufficient (and very well stated). Knowing a direct answer and giving one is obviously not her intention. Instead, it's her intention to take even a rat crack at offering her "balanced view". Yeah, she's intitled to her opinion but I for one get tired of hearing it in threads not associated with the LoP threads.

Others(I'm not dragging names into this comment cuz I've come to respect them), I don't rag on about this because comments actually tie directly to the thead, either by initial post or over natural flow of the comments to them. Again, my opinion here, but LoP had nothing to do with the original post.

"Personal LoP Forcefield" activated...and please ponder the original question from Hollywood and explain it's relation to the entirety of her first comment.

;)

P.S. dhardage...love your posts, girl. I've read enough of them to know you have a clue and that you're also outgoing enough to have fun with all comments.

:hug:

• Upvote 1