Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Year's Eve RV?

fnbplanet

Shabs has come out with a "hint" that the Iraqi economy will "improve greatly" after the Americans leave (which we now hear is about December 6th). This gives the GOI (returning November 10th, according to reports) a good amount of time to wrap up the HCL, Article 140, Peshmerga pay and possibly (not holding my breath) Security and Interior Ministries. It also gets Maliki some time to make nicey-nice with Kuwait, petition U.N. representatives for Chapter 7 release and to make news about security and economic progress. Shabs may get his "approval" from the government in this time too. Add to this, the next review by the U.N. regarding Chapter 7 is scheduled for some time in December. The fiscal New Year begins January 1st (a Sunday, and could be made into a long weekend - Jan. 1 IS an official banking holiday for them). Two months between now and then would afford a chance to implement some serious reduction of large dinars from circulation also.

Here's my question: Does anyone else see a possible "Perfect RV Storm" at exactly year's end?

If so, it might be nice to relax, fire up some popcorn, and just watch this thing slowly unfold over the next two months and actually enjoy the holidays.

• Upvote 4

I don't know, of course, but you could be right.

What I do see happening is that we, the western civilization, keep pinning our hopes for the RV timing on dates and events that we are sentimental about ... such as New Years Eve ... and all the other "special" and "appropriate" times for them to declare this move. But these people are far from sentimental, at least about our holidays and days of special meaning. What on earth makes us think they will RV at a time we think is special? Absolutely nothing!

But, as I say, you could be right. I would like to think so!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

What I do see happening is that we, the western civilization, keep pinning our hopes for the RV timing on dates and events that we are sentimental about ... such as New Years Eve ... and all the other "special" and "appropriate" times for them to declare this move. But these people are far from sentimental, at least about our holidays and days of special meaning. What on earth makes us think they will RV at a time we think is special? Absolutely nothing!

:)

smee2

Agreed.

I remember last New Years Eve........Everybody had it RVing then, Biden just left their country, said they were out from under chapter 7....all of my dinar have been held longer than one year, except for the dinar I was pumped into buying the week between Christmas and New Years, but the good news is if it does RV then, ALL of my dinar will be long-term Cap Gains

smile.gif

smee2

Christmas it is!!! laugh.gif

-

Consider this:

Many, many troops hold dinar and have been using it locally during their deployments. If you were the CBI (Shabs), wouldn't you want all of those Americans OUT OF THE COUNTRY BEFORE you RV'd?

+1 fnb, Agreed! As it seems US troop departure would further necessitate the lifting of CH.7 UN Sanctions. I really found it a little funny that some were crying "the sky is falling", and the subsequent sell off, after hearing about O's announcement of pulling troops out of Iraq by year's end. To think that something this big and monumental (let's not kid ourselves this is a global event)would be left to the whims of the Iraqi government, is IMO, myopic. And so in subsequent reporting we learn of many of the troops' relocation to Kuwait, and a continued committment to a presence in middle east in general and support of Iraq in particular, by Panetta. They don't make this stuff up on the fly. This is all planned out, even as to the coordination of news reporting. Things are looking up! As to the timing of it all, I remember reading in a previous post that despite the stated goal of being out of Iraq by year's end, that early December, if I remember correctly, was closer to what they're shooting for. As to how that relates to our elusive RV remains to be seen. But like many of you, I'm hoping sooner! Time will tell...just my TwoCents.gif smile.gif

• Upvote 2

I'm still trying to figure out why it isn't happening in October......then Thanksgiving......Christmas? Now predictions of January? And to think all those guys that kept saying "not till 2012", they were bashed to death. Now 2012 is an option? Da Ja Vue (sp) all over again.blink.gif We shall see...one of these days, someone will be right. rolleyes.gif

I know most say that it gets done by Thanksgiving (not their holiday, ours), but in my attempts to put myself in their shoes, even if they had a plan for November, I would want to do it AFTER the "occupier/infidels" had left. It would be less pressure on the banks and the reserves. They may even step up enforcement of not allowing GI's to remove dinars from the country as they leave.

They DO observe New Year's as a banking holiday Link. I was just looking at the calendar and remembered that it was suggested that a long weekend or bank closure would aid in the RV for their banks. Starting off a new (fiscal) year, without the U.S. troops and an RV would be a heckuva party!

(Also note: Ashura Dec. 5th, one day before we plan to be gone)

• Upvote 2