Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it time deleting three zeros from the Iraqi currency

BondLady

Pretty sure he never came out and said that directly....do you have a link or article to prove me wrong? I will gladly eat crow if I missed it, but if I saw a solid article where shabbs clearly came out and said he was going to revalue the currency I would be much less threatened by all of the delete the zeros articles. Believe me I WANT to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Also if the zeros were removed and 1,000 dinar = 1 dinar, which is then set = to one dollar....they just made one Iraqi dinar worth one usd....that is much more valuable than it is now.

Lol! you got to dig but hes right the article its there, me personally, I find it easier to find supporting articles myself and then I feel good about my investment and one thing for sure that I believe its there will be no lop the way you described it. Not going to happen ,but believe whatever you want because I'm not here to educate you.

- Transfer of 30 trillion dinars to $ 30 billion by deleting three zeros from the current currency and replace it with a new currency making it easier to handle arithmetic with numbers are less numerous on the level of the accounts of the federal budget, budgets of banks and companies as well as balancing family cash (individuals) without arranging any change or change of income or monetary wealth of the people, the natural and moral as well as the lack of impact on the contracts and obligations between natural persons and legal entities all. It generates a so-function sports homogeneous degree zero Homogenous Function of Degree Zero, as long as the amount of new money covers the smaller number in the package of commodity exchange in the same old money with the largest number.

If you can read this and tell me its about a RV, please pass that shiznit over here!!! LOL

Replacing the current currency with a totally new one, reducing the money supply from 30 trillion to 30 billion and saying its not going to change income or monetary wealth of the people (neutral revenue event) its a lop/redenomination to a T....

You are exactly correct. Finally someone speaks up. Great explaination. They have not talked about removing 2 zero notes only 3 zero. they are not going to touch the lower denoms right now. Now I think they will eventually have denominations very similar to the usa as the rate continues to rise and they become more electronic. This is about physical notes, not rates. Forget all you think you know about rates and think some. Forget m0, m1, m2, m3 and all that stuff no one in this little dinar world exactly knows what those numbers are right now because iraq does not have to share that info right now because they don't have an international currency. They are using the auction floor to hide the real value of their currency and making big money doing it. They also write their news for Iraqs to read it, for their people not us. Read the news as if you were an Iraqi. Please don't bring up Turkey its not even in the same boat. If your so worried about a lop go sell your dinar.

You really have alot of homework to do!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Turkey isn't a good comparison, their inflation was so high!

Turkey Inflation

Not that facts really matter, but here are the official inflation numbers from Turkey for the years leading up to and following their redenomination in 2005.

They never Lopped, they Redenominated.

Year................percent inflation

1999..................65%

2000.................39%

2002.................45.2%

2003................25.3%

2004................9.3%

2005...............8.2%

2006...............9.8%

2007..............8.7%

2008..............10.4%

2009.............6.3%

2010.............8.7%

Source: CIA Factbook January 1, 2011

Who has been feeding you this nonsense.

It is being quoted all over DV, and is getting pretty obvious that someone has been getting punked.

The next time they lie to you, call them out.

The facts are too easy to find, and verify, to allow someone to keep causing this kind of confusion.

• Upvote 1

How many times does this need to be explained. All they mean by deleting the three zeros, is removing those notes from circulation. Shabs has already said they will coexist for 2 years. Imagine this, your in Iraq, you have one 25000 dinar note and your neighbor has one hundred 250 dinar notes. They LOP 3 zeros, now you have 25 dinar, but your neighbor still has 25000, how happy are you going to be when you find out about this? What if you had 25000 dinar in your checking account? Are they going to reach in and take 24975 dinar out? Shabs also has told us time and time again we aren't going to lose any value. There has been talk of them creating a 100,000 dinar note, why would they do this if they are planning on a LOP?

And which guru told you this??

Lets play the guru guessing game!! YAYYYY!!! Lets see who can figure out where this nonsensical description of what deleting the zeros means came from....

Any takers???

Ill guess first.....Okie??? LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

How many times does this need to be explained. All they mean by deleting the three zeros, is removing those notes from circulation. Shabs has already said they will coexist for 2 years. Imagine this, your in Iraq, you have one 25000 dinar note and your neighbor has one hundred 250 dinar notes. They LOP 3 zeros, now you have 25 dinar, but your neighbor still has 25000, how happy are you going to be when you find out about this? What if you had 25000 dinar in your checking account? Are they going to reach in and take 24975 dinar out? Shabs also has told us time and time again we aren't going to lose any value. There has been talk of them creating a 100,000 dinar note, why would they do this if they are planning on a LOP?

You better start by explaining it to Shabibi, and while you are at it, you may want to let the last dozen country's that redenominated know that they did it wrong.

But, it would probably be easier to ask your favorite guru to stop lying to you.

Then you can read any of the factual information about redenominations so you won't be so confused.

By the way; that LOP word is for Pumpers and the ones they punked.

It is a redenomination that the CBI is talking about.

You don't have to like it, I don't have to like it; but it doesn't hurt us to know what "it" is...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So basically your saying 400 out of the 435 congressman that are invested, our own gov't that has trillions of it sitting in the fed just got punked? Right.... I believe you.... I'll drink the koolaid. We put this together. Why would president Bush go around to families at Walter reed and tell them to buy dinar? Just so they can get punked. I don't think so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So basically your saying 400 out of the 435 congressman that are invested, our own gov't that has trillions of it sitting in the fed just got punked? Right.... I believe you.... I'll drink the koolaid. We put this together. Why would president Bush go around to families at Walter reed and tell them to buy dinar? Just so they can get punked. I don't think so.

Yawn..... Link please.

More guru droppings....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you are right but to be honest your waisting your time debating it with them, they are so sure its going to be worth hardly anything that they can not even try to listen to the obvious, but no worries because in the end we will all be smiling.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would absolutely love to believe that the government and higher-up employees have invested but unless I've missed something over the past 5 years, there has been no proof of that other than "forums" that claim to "know" this as fact. We would all feel more secure in this investment if there were solid proof of the government having dinars. Thus far it is all merely speculation and unfortunatley there is still a 50/50 chance they don't have any. If anyone can produce proof of it PLEASE do share!

• Upvote 3

Yawn..... Link please.

More guru droppings....

Not quite, I have a family member who was treated at Walter Reed when President Bush made one of his numerous visits.He addressed a group of the wounded,thanked them for service and mentioned openly about restoring Iraq to its former glory and the many financial opportunities that will present themselves in the future. Did he state Dinar specifically no,but according to family member dinar was mentioned quite often my other patients and medical staff. Take this as you will.

hi all, yesterday when i posted kaperonis article here, i was really running on empty with only about 2 hours sleep in like 40 hours, and this whole article was 1 big blur to me, after reading it today...i can see how there could be some concerns, but i still hold to my research in this investment and i still cannot see how a lop could bennifit iraq especially as it trys to rebuild repay debt, salaries, pay for imports, there is just so many things article 140 haveing enough money to pay to have these people relocated, building the port fao to compete with kuwaits port at about 5 to 7 billon dollars, the next budget theres just so many things a lop couldnt help iraq to do, but i am no expert thats for sure, ive left messages for kaperoni if he has time today to come and do a chat at my site over this article as it was his find, i did recieve this email concerning the same article, its from enoch and highlander, dunno if any 1 will be interested in it, but ill post it for the ones who might be....and ill do some checking into it too. and if kap can make it today ill bring our chat with him over here for u all as well have a great day and keep the faith, its all gonna be ok......BondLady ***************That call was Highlander.

[9/14/2011 11:25:42 PM] Enoch8: She basically said the same thing I did about the article....

[9/14/2011 11:25:54 PM] Enoch8: "We need a few days to decipher that one."

[9/14/2011 11:37:42 PM] Enoch8: Reviewing the article for the second time right now.... in a bit greater depth....

[9/14/2011 11:38:41 PM] Enoch8: So far..... in the first half, he is making the point that the cost of handling international transactions is heavy, using a banknote that is worth less than $21.

[9/14/2011 11:39:44 PM] Enoch8: Making the argument, that it is expensive to handle so many notes.... with so little value and is why dollarization is a problem.... because of the need for a note at least the value of the US $100.

[9/14/2011 11:40:24 PM] Enoch8: I can tell you this..... that the size transactions we are talking about..... even $100 Bills are way to expensive to handle.

[9/14/2011 11:41:07 PM] Enoch8: We need even here, to bring back the $1000 and $10,000 Notes..... or do a 10 to 1 revaluation, ourselves.

[9/14/2011 11:41:39 PM] Enoch8: Example:

[9/14/2011 11:42:44 PM] Enoch8: $ 1 Billion transaction in cash, at $1.00 value on Dinar, would be about a half a pallet in 25,000 IQD notes.

[9/14/2011 11:43:03 PM] Enoch8: At the current value.... it is about 500 pallets!

[9/14/2011 11:43:18 PM] Enoch8: Each should weigh about half a ton.

[9/14/2011 11:44:03 PM] Enoch8: so a Billion Dollar transaction in banknotes would require transport and storage of about 250 tons of paper.....

[9/14/2011 11:44:22 PM] Enoch8: To LOP..... does not fix that problem!!!

[9/14/2011 11:45:18 PM] Enoch8: Even using USD $100s amounts to roughly 62 tons of paper.

[9/14/2011 11:46:01 PM] Enoch8: That is like about 1000 suitcases each weighing about 40 lbs or so? roughly?

[9/14/2011 11:46:45 PM] Enoch8: Can you imagine to do a $10 or $20 Billion transaction in money trade back of petro dollars?

[9/14/2011 11:46:56 PM] Enoch8: It gets ridiculous.

[9/14/2011 11:47:54 PM] Enoch8: and...... someone has to hold physical cash to support digital..... roughly 12% to 15% even in fractional reserves requirements.

[9/14/2011 11:48:20 PM] Enoch8: That is a storage and handling nightmare.

[9/14/2011 11:48:40 PM] Enoch8: OK>>>>>> On to second half of article.

[9/14/2011 11:50:13 PM] Enoch8: Basically, he is saying the cost of handling the low values of $21 buying power money costs about 8% of the GDP.

[9/14/2011 11:51:11 PM] Enoch8: That alone is inflationary..... and can be reduced to 4 or 5% and this difference equates to about the average inflation rate.

[9/14/2011 11:51:15 PM] Enoch8: Interesting point.

[9/14/2011 11:52:40 PM] Enoch8: He goes on to say.... in addition, the accounting and marketing difficulties in price quotes are all cumbersome..... which one can imagine are also costly..... also adding to inflation.

[9/14/2011 11:57:13 PM] Enoch8: Then he talks about horizontal and vertical restructures.....

[9/14/2011 11:58:13 PM] Enoch8: This means simply to come up with higher values of lower numbers.... meaning a lower number money 1000 times smaller with greater buying power.... Horizontal....

[9/14/2011 11:58:15 PM] Enoch8: and

[9/14/2011 11:58:42 PM | Edited 11:58:57 PM] Enoch8: Less actual notes in print..... more digital.... Vertical....

[12:00:34 AM] Enoch8: And he concludes with pointing out, that this would increase the economy and decrease inflation..... and enhance foreign reserves abilities.... thereby strengthening the stability of the money.

[12:01:25 AM] Enoch8: Ending with notes.... that under strict guidelines.... compliant with all laws and regulations.

[12:01:45 AM] Enoch8: So...... this describes anything BUT a lop.

[12:02:15 AM] Enoch8: LOP does not add up mathematically into this equation for several reasons.

[12:03:01 AM] Enoch8: He is describing a revaluation.... and increase of the value and buying power.... of the largest note, to at least that or greater than the USD $100.

[12:03:05 AM] Enoch8: See?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Not quite, I have a family member who was treated at Walter Reed when President Bush made one of his numerous visits.He addressed a group of the wounded,thanked them for service and mentioned openly about restoring Iraq to its former glory and the many financial opportunities that will present themselves in the future. Did he state Dinar specifically no,but according to family member dinar was mentioned quite often my other patients and medical staff. Take this as you will.

I 100% believe you about Bush visiting the wounded at Walter Reed.

I also believe it is very likely he reassured them that Iraq would ultimately benefit from their sacrifices.

And, I believe he meant everything he said, as he continues to pay tribute to the soldiers.

I also believe there will surely be great financial opportunities in rebuilding the country; and would hope that wounded warriors would be given at least 15 to 20 point preference in filling any Civil Service job that is in Iraq.

I also don't have much doubt that the Dinar was discussed, as many brought some home, saw Kuwait RI their currency, and were led to believe the Iraqi Dinar would do likewise.

However, I draw the line at the Senators and Congress persons holding dinar for profit. They have access to international documents, and aids, as well as the congressional research service to look into these things. It is a dead giveaway when they see the three zeros, as to the outcome.

I wish I had their resources to have done my research, but had to learn this on my own.

That said, for the same optimistic reasons you quote above, I am willing to ride it out; even through a RD.

Also, the hype about the UST holding dinar to pay for oil; not a snowball's chance in Hades; as long as Iraq is a member of OPEC. They are required to pay in dollars; just like every one else.

But, you do bring up some valid points about opportunities in the future, and Bush's constant effort to keep spirits high.

OMG! WHO let the Lopsters OUT!!!

Namaste.

Shabibi. :) :)

• Upvote 1

Bond Lady, thank you for the Enoch8 post. I appreciate your time and effort to give us an understanding of what is fact and what is folly. As I said yesterday, you are a leader, not a guru (that's a compliment).

I would like to see anything that Enroch8, Highlander, and Kaperoni have to say. These people know what they are talking about regarding economics, they don't have ego in the game. Just analysis of the facts, using their brains and nothing between their legs.

It is so nice to see a conversation among like minds without the bickering and posturing, which does nothing but instill fear and instability in people that do not have a complete understanding of the financial/economic issues, like me

Okay, after that I will put away the Chardonnay and the Flex Straw, and get back to work. Thx BL.

Edited by Carrello

[9/14/2011 11:38:41 PM] Enoch8: So far..... in the first half, he is making the point that the cost of handling international transactions is heavy, using a banknote that is worth less than $21.

[9/14/2011 11:39:44 PM] Enoch8: Making the argument, that it is expensive to handle so many notes.... with so little value and is why dollarization is a problem.... because of the need for a note at least the value of the US $100.

[9/14/2011 11:40:24 PM] Enoch8: I can tell you this..... that the size transactions we are talking about..... even $100 Bills are way to expensive to handle.

[9/14/2011 11:41:07 PM] Enoch8: We need even here, to bring back the $1000 and $10,000 Notes..... or do a 10 to 1 revaluation, ourselves.

[9/14/2011 11:41:39 PM] Enoch8: Example:

[9/14/2011 11:42:44 PM] Enoch8: $ 1 Billion transaction in cash, at $1.00 value on Dinar, would be about a half a pallet in 25,000 IQD notes.

[9/14/2011 11:43:03 PM] Enoch8: At the current value.... it is about 500 pallets!

[9/14/2011 11:43:18 PM] Enoch8: Each should weigh about half a ton.

[9/14/2011 11:44:03 PM] Enoch8: so a Billion Dollar transaction in banknotes would require transport and storage of about 250 tons of paper.....

[9/14/2011 11:44:22 PM] Enoch8: To LOP..... does not fix that problem!!!

[9/14/2011 11:45:18 PM] Enoch8: Even using USD $100s amounts to roughly 62 tons of paper.

[9/14/2011 11:46:01 PM] Enoch8: That is like about 1000 suitcases each weighing about 40 lbs or so? roughly?

[9/14/2011 11:46:45 PM] Enoch8: Can you imagine to do a $10 or $20 Billion transaction in money trade back of petro dollars?

[9/14/2011 11:46:56 PM] Enoch8: It gets ridiculous.

[9/14/2011 11:47:54 PM] Enoch8: and...... someone has to hold physical cash to support digital..... roughly 12% to 15% even in fractional reserves requirements.

[9/14/2011 11:48:20 PM] Enoch8: That is a storage and handling nightmare.

[9/14/2011 11:48:40 PM] Enoch8: OK>>>>>> On to second half of article.

[9/14/2011 11:50:13 PM] Enoch8: Basically, he is saying the cost of handling the low values of $21 buying power money costs about 8% of the GDP.

[9/14/2011 11:51:11 PM] Enoch8: That alone is inflationary..... and can be reduced to 4 or 5% and this difference equates to about the average inflation rate.

[9/14/2011 11:51:15 PM] Enoch8: Interesting point.

[9/14/2011 11:52:40 PM] Enoch8: He goes on to say.... in addition, the accounting and marketing difficulties in price quotes are all cumbersome..... which one can imagine are also costly..... also adding to inflation.

[9/14/2011 11:57:13 PM] Enoch8: Then he talks about horizontal and vertical restructures.....

[9/14/2011 11:58:13 PM] Enoch8: This means simply to come up with higher values of lower numbers.... meaning a lower number money 1000 times smaller with greater buying power.... Horizontal....

[9/14/2011 11:58:15 PM] Enoch8: and

[9/14/2011 11:58:42 PM | Edited 11:58:57 PM] Enoch8: Less actual notes in print..... more digital.... Vertical....

[12:00:34 AM] Enoch8: And he concludes with pointing out, that this would increase the economy and decrease inflation..... and enhance foreign reserves abilities.... thereby strengthening the stability of the money.

[12:01:25 AM] Enoch8: Ending with notes.... that under strict guidelines.... compliant with all laws and regulations.

[12:01:45 AM] Enoch8: So...... this describes anything BUT a lop.

[12:02:15 AM] Enoch8: LOP does not add up mathematically into this equation for several reasons.

[12:03:01 AM] Enoch8: He is describing a revaluation.... and increase of the value and buying power.... of the largest note, to at least that or greater than the USD $100.

[12:03:05 AM] Enoch8: See?

odd...he leaves out the whole part about replacing the currency with a new one and that it is value neutral....also, a redenomination WOULD fix the problem of needing large sums of cash to make purchases...that's kind of the whole point of it.

Funny he says it "describes anything BUT a lop"...when that is exactly what it is describing...frankly it doesn't get a whole lot clearer...

Again, I don't know if they will redenominate or not....But that is what the article is discussing.

I was also going to comment about the talk of the pallets? What country on this planet pays cash bills for a "billion dollar purchase?" Also, his explanation continues to define an RD before an RV. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding....it still speaks of RD-ing (taking off the zeros) and then RV-ing (making the value at least 1 USD of the new currency).

• Upvote 1