Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dave Ramsey on Fox Radio

I cannot wait to call these so called experts and rub it in thier faces once we RV. Can't wait to hear them stammer with a response, but this moron also says you should never invest in Gold or Silver either, or that yiur credit score doesn't matter because you should never have any debt including a mortgage! :lol:

I cannot wait to call these so called experts and rub it in thier faces once we RV. Can't wait to hear them stammer with a response, but this moron also says you should never invest in Gold or Silver either, or that yiur credit score doesn't matter because you should never have any debt including a mortgage! :lol:

When was he fox radio?? How recent??

This man is such a rip off. My daughter and her husband went to one of his seminars and sat for hours listening to his, "Don't buy anything you absolutely don't have to have to survive", BS and then like ducks to water they go to the lobby and spend a few hundred on his BS books, audio and whatever.

So I know I wouldn't believe anything he said. There are suckers everywhere and most of them are at his conferences.

I don't think all his stuff is bad. His getting your finances under control makes sense and was a good starting point for my wife and I to start getting rid of debt. But like other talk radio people he gets a bit extreme with some of it. Some of his nonessentials is really hard if your not making tons of money already. I didn't hear the fox comments so I can't comment on that

• Upvote 1

When was he fox radio?? How recent?

it was today about 11:00 - 12.00 PST on 910 KNEW you can hear it on IHeart Radio

it was just a short blurb he was talking about how when a currency collapses they dont revert to using gold, they use another countries currency, then issue a new currency like they did in Iraq. He said he had some some Saddam Dinar which was worthless, but then he said that the new Iraqi money they issued isnt worth much and that people are getting scammed into buying a worthless currency from a war torn country. You would think the idiot would realize that its a war torn country with billions of $ of natural reserves!

I like Dave........... "take what you like and leave the rest"

:)

PS

he is my neighbor!

I really like him too. My husband and I went to one of his seminars and sure wished that we had went years earlier. He just basically teaches common sense with your finances.

It is amazing how screwed up you can be money wise when you have never had anyone there to show you any different. So it was a great change for us.

I didn't hear the radio broadcast, and I do believe he said it. But like most people I have spoken to about the Dinar they all have their own opinion...

I agree that no one should have any debt. Period. And he DOES have some decent ideas for personal financial responsibility. With that said....

Credit score IS important. It affects homeowner and automobile insurance rates, life insurance rates in some areas, banking accessibility, employment opportunities - in many areas, medical insurance rates in some areas, whether you have to pay a deposit for utilities when you move into a new area, deposits for renters.... and probably a longer list that I can't think of right now.

;)

I agree that no one should have any debt. Period. And he DOES have some decent ideas for personal financial responsibility. With that said....

Credit score IS important. It affects homeowner and automobile insurance rates, life insurance rates in some areas, banking accessibility, employment opportunities - in many areas, medical insurance rates in some areas, whether you have to pay a deposit for utilities when you move into a new area, deposits for renters.... and probably a longer list that I can't think of right now.

;)

I agree.... and I think it counts way more than it should in most of those situations!

Since it doesn't really matter if dinar

DOES

or DOES NOT (because I am ok either way, but would sure love it)

I try not to let all the negative

effect me.....

but I HOPE TOO

that we can rub their nose in it too....

just the other day ....

driving around

I was listening to the radio

and CLARK HOWARD called it

BS, too. :(

well, it won't be the first time I was in "error",

but sure hope it's one of the times

I was in the right

:D

love you guys

L

PS I tried to find his 'archive' about it and it wasn't there

but I found where he has a whole link "where

they say they get a call every week about the dinar"

and they say it's bad....

please let them be wrong,

it has to happen to all of us sometime, right?

all the best

My guess is that he did as much homework into the current situation in Iraq as he did in deciding what shoes to wear to work. Not much.Though he could have an opinion , it would do he and Fox benefit if he at least faked knowing what he was talking about but that doesn't seem to be the case. As we all know, we don't really know exactly how this is all going to unfold including Dave Ramsey.

All the man is trying to do in my opinion is keep people from using mortgage and food money on Dinar.........guy has a HUGE heart for God and people.

You have to be responsible for what is given you first then you will be blessed and/or given more.

• Upvote 1

Have rarely listened to Dave Ramsey,but my kids have..........they now have zero bills,house will be paid for in 6 to 8 years......my son,informed me it has done wonders for their marriage as well.smile.gif

So am for Dave Ramsey!!! smile.gif Would sure have loved being in the position of my son, when I was his age.smile.gif

btw.........son has worked a bit of over time.........so is investing in dinar as well......... smile.gif just what they can afford to loose. !

Thank You for your post ,good to have other views. smile.gif

myst

• Upvote 1

All the man is trying to do in my opinion is keep people from using mortgage and food money on Dinar.........guy has a HUGE heart for God and people.

You have to be responsible for what is given you first then you will be blessed and/or given more.

You are right on, my friend!!! He speaks to a lot of people who have tanked in their finances. The point he makes is if you are under enormous debt, the last thing you need to do is go drop a couple thousand dollars on a speculative investment. He calls it a scam, that's his right too. I can humbly disagree. However, too many people jump on the Dinar bandwagon, hoping to strike it rich overnight, then post that they are frustrated and in trouble. This particular investment is not for the people who need it quick. This has been a long process and could very well be longer.

The problem tho, is that a lot of people on this very site, purchased Dinar truly believing it was gonna pop overnight. When that didn't happen, now they are in deeper trouble cause they didn't address the problem at hand first. Dave simply believes in righting the ship first, then get the things you want after.

Of course this is all in my opinion.

I never respond but had to for this one. I am currently totally out of debt because I followed this mans plan! Most people can't follow the plan because they can't stop spending money! Myself included until I was tired of being in debt. I have NO credit cards, no car payment now and have less then 18, 000 left on my house and I will be TOTALLY DEBT FREE and I thank God for the Financial Peace program! I attended it at my church and hope to someday teach it at my child's high school! And guess what??? MY CREDIT SCORE DOESN'T MATTER! I can get any credit card I want because I pay my bills each month on time. That is what matters. But what really matters is I don't buy things now if I do not have the cash to pay it in my check book and follow a budget. All the things he teaches. He really only teaches what our grandparents knew and followed years ago. :) Ask your grandparents! Anyway, just had to share that I believe in what he teaches. Makes me very nervous that he doesn't believe in this...he doesn't want people to invest in Gold and Sliver ONLY...he believes in spreading out your savings. So some Gold okay but it does have to go down someday and he doesn't want that to be your only plan.

I pray he is wrong though. He doesn't want people spending what they don't have on dinar and wishful thinking they will be rich. I bought what I could afford over time. Would I hate to lose what I invested??? UH YEAH but if I lose it, I tried. So best of luck to all of us...and hope that it all turns out good.

• Upvote 2

Dave Ramsey is not a bad guy, he just has an opinion that we don't agree with.

His views on money are Very Common Sense. Don't spend more than you can afford and you can't have everything you want!

What if......

Our elected officials understood his philosophy?

What if....

All of the people that bought houses they couldn't afford listened to him?

What if.....

The Banks had not lent money to people that couldn't afford it.....

I could go on and on, but I bet you get the drift.

He makes more sense than most people I have heard and yet I happen to disagree with him on the matter of the Dinar. That's OK too.

r2

• Upvote 2

I never respond but had to for this one. I am currently totally out of debt because I followed this mans plan! Most people can't follow the plan because they can't stop spending money! Myself included until I was tired of being in debt. I have NO credit cards, no car payment now and have less then 18, 000 left on my house and I will be TOTALLY DEBT FREE and I thank God for the Financial Peace program! I attended it at my church and hope to someday teach it at my child's high school! And guess what??? MY CREDIT SCORE DOESN'T MATTER! I can get any credit card I want because I pay my bills each month on time. That is what matters. But what really matters is I don't buy things now if I do not have the cash to pay it in my check book and follow a budget. All the things he teaches. He really only teaches what our grandparents knew and followed years ago. :) Ask your grandparents! Anyway, just had to share that I believe in what he teaches. Makes me very nervous that he doesn't believe in this...he doesn't want people to invest in Gold and Sliver ONLY...he believes in spreading out your savings. So some Gold okay but it does have to go down someday and he doesn't want that to be your only plan.

I pray he is wrong though. He doesn't want people spending what they don't have on dinar and wishful thinking they will be rich. I bought what I could afford over time. Would I hate to lose what I invested??? UH YEAH but if I lose it, I tried. So best of luck to all of us...and hope that it all turns out good.

Most excellent post!!!!! And congratulations!!! He has helped a smack ton of people, but just like anything in life, there are haters everywhere!!

!

From my perspective in Kansas, Dave Ramsey has helped many, many people with their budget problems. Also, I am impressed with his understanding that aside from really bad luck, medical problems, accident, etc. , money problems tend to stem from spritual problems. But as with most everything, his message is not for everybody. Truthfully, if certain personality types come into a large sum of money, it has the potential to totally destroy them. So best to understand that if his message works for you, then fantastic! If not, live and let live. In the meantime, I would LOVE, one time, to take what looks like a stupid, longshot investment, and watch it turn into the deal of a lifetime! Now that, my friends, would be very cool indeed!

• Upvote 1