Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Boots on the ground

Jaygo

I know that we have boots on the ground over there that we have contact with and that frequent this site.... SOMEBODY should be able to verify this information about the troops trading over there right now. Where are they at? Why don't they speak up? Sorry just a little bothered by this MASSIVE rumor.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I know that we have boots on the ground over there that we have contact with and that frequent this site.... SOMEBODY should be able to verify this information about the troops trading over there right now. Where are they at? Why don't they speak up? Sorry just a little bothered by this MASSIVE rumor.

What rumor? Is there another one? lol The last one was debunked pretty fast.

Sadly this seems to be a continual pain lol. As of today, US troops are not allowed to Export, Profit from or take the Dinar out of Iraq. You can easily dispel this rumor by doing a Google search on this topic. I wish this were true as we would all be pumped! I would add you may have just answered your own rumor. Do you think 50 thousand Soldiers could keep this a big secret? lol..... NOT. Hope I have helped you. Peace.

• Upvote 5

Sadly this seems to be a continual pain lol. As of today, US troops are not allowed to Export, Profit from or take the Dinar out of Iraq. You can easily dispel this rumor by doing a Google search on this topic. I wish this were true as we would all be pumped! I would add you may have just answered your own rumor. Do you think 50 thousand Soldiers could keep this a big secret? lol..... NOT. Hope I have helped you. Peace.

Hold on a second... I thought everything that Okie said was true... Who lied to me???????????????? :angry: Just frustrated... sorry for the negativity.

• Upvote 2

Hold on a second... I thought everything that Okie said was true... Who lied to me???????????????? :angry: Just frustrated... sorry for the negativity.

ROFL! Thanks spewed coffee on that one. Peace.

• Upvote 3

Sitting in Iraq right now, haven't talked to a single soldier or contractor who has cashed in at ANY price. Above the 1170 to 1 that is. If it was $5 cash in price here, I would've been on a G-5 home already, with umbrella drinks and a stripper pole for the 'attendents' to play on!

• Upvote 3

Your not being negative in my opinion......just honest!

Okie the habitual liar is saying yet again the rv is done....military cashing in. Pumper!

Guru Tony added to his lie saying his duaghter saw Maliki and Shabibi on the Al Jazeera & Treasury Dept. contact just called and confirmed cashing out soldiers in Iraq @ 5.20 Great British Pound.. Pumper!

Guru Simon late last night high up IMF contact for the first time said the RV is completed and done. Pumper!

And many more pumpers not mentioned.

Many of these lies from pumpers are "verified"/ "confirmed"

I was joking to a family member earlier, saying I wish we had online marshals. The problem is these gurus have zero accountability for their fraudulent "intel"

I guarantee if these gurus had the law on their tails.......their crap would have ended long ago!

What I do hope is, once the rv happens.......they all wind up in jail!

• Upvote 2

My husband has many friends over there, he's been in over 20 years, still in (Army) no one has told him anything, or called him about it. His army buddies are invested and are all a very tight nit group. I will keep you posted if it is true and we get a call. We want it as bad as the next guy. I'm just informing you of our hear-say status, which has been none on this matter. DARN! GO RV! smile.gif

It WILL be soon..... I"M FEELING IT!!!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 3

Thanks all... Once again sorry for the negativity. I hate guys like me on these forums that can't be more positive!!!!!! Damn I am turning into that guy!!!!! Last one... NUFF said..... Damn I can't stop!!!!!

• Upvote 2

My husband has many friends over there, he's been in over 20 years, still in (Army) no one has told him anything, or called him about it. His army buddies are invested and are all a very tight nit group. I will keep you posted if it is true and we get a call. We want it as bad as the next guy. I'm just informing you of our hear-say status, which has been none on this matter. DARN! GO RV! smile.gif

Moviemaker thanks so much for the input. As I understand it in my above posts they cannot own the dinar in Iraq and export it? The research I found says they cannot as do my friends in Iraq. They invested outside of Iraq correct? Meaning they purchased the Dinar out of country? Peace. Im just curious.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all... Once again sorry for the negativity. I hate guys like me on these forums that can't be more positive!!!!!! Damn I am turning into that guy!!!!! Last one... NUFF said..... Damn I can't stop!!!!!

Stop it you pumpee! Don't listen, step away from the screen!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

Moviemaker thanks so much for the input. As I understand it in my above posts they cannot own the dinar in Iraq and export it? The research I found says they cannot as do my friends in Iraq. They invested outside of Iraq correct? Meaning they purchased the Dinar out of country? Peace. Im just curious.

BanG,

What you are referring to is the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), between the USG and the GOI. It basically lays out rules and responsibilities for both countries while we are there 'assisting' them. Article 20 basically says what you said, that soldiers, DOD civilians, and contractors are not (by the SOFA) allowed to export Iraqi currency. My experience (up until last month when I came home) was that the only people enforcing that were the folks at the post office in country, where they would not allow you to send dinar home. How commanders enforce this aspect of the agreement is arguably varied throughout Iraq.

That having been said, Army finance will gladly sell you US$1000 worth of dinar each month. What you do with it after that is up to you, but the express purpose of having it available is for use in country.

One of the big debates I've come across WRT the SOFA is the definition of 'export.' Some feel that if they are not turning around and selling the currency as a business they aren't really exporting it. If they purchase the currency as a collectors item (albeit a LOT of it), and keep it for their own pleasure/use/gain, does it qualify as an exported item?

I just know that despite the SOFA, and Article 20, a TON of IQD that has been obtained by folks subject to the SOFA has made it back to the states.

YMMV.

gbosh

Earlier Version (2008-2009) SOFA Link

Article 20

Currency and foreign exchange

1. The United States Forces shall have the right to use any amount of cash in United

States currency or financial instruments with a designated value in United States currency

exclusively for the purposes of this Agreement. Use of Iraqi currency and special banks

by the United States Forces shall be in accordance with Iraqi laws.

2. The United States Forces may not export Iraqi currency from Iraq, and shall take

measures to ensure that members of the United States Forces, of the civilian component,

and United States contractors and United States contractor employees do not export Iraqi

currency from Iraq.

• Upvote 1

Thanks MM...Appreciated

There have been several posts from folks in Iraq stating clearly this is BS for the PD clowns to buy into.

There has been no cash in.

BanG,

What you are referring to is the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), between the USG and the GOI. It basically lays out rules and responsibilities for both countries while we are there 'assisting' them. Article 20 basically says what you said, that soldiers, DOD civilians, and contractors are not (by the SOFA) allowed to export Iraqi currency. My experience (up until last month when I came home) was that the only people enforcing that were the folks at the post office in country, where they would not allow you to send dinar home. How commanders enforce this aspect of the agreement is arguably varied throughout Iraq.

That having been said, Army finance will gladly sell you US$1000 worth of dinar each month. What you do with it after that is up to you, but the express purpose of having it available is for use in country.

One of the big debates I've come across WRT the SOFA is the definition of 'export.' Some feel that if they are not turning around and selling the currency as a business they aren't really exporting it. If they purchase the currency as a collectors item (albeit a LOT of it), and keep it for their own pleasure/use/gain, does it qualify as an exported item?

I just know that despite the SOFA, and Article 20, a TON of IQD that has been obtained by folks subject to the SOFA has made it back to the states.

YMMV.

gbosh

Earlier Version (2008-2009) SOFA Link

Article 20

Currency and foreign exchange

1. The United States Forces shall have the right to use any amount of cash in United

States currency or financial instruments with a designated value in United States currency

exclusively for the purposes of this Agreement. Use of Iraqi currency and special banks

by the United States Forces shall be in accordance with Iraqi laws.

2. The United States Forces may not export Iraqi currency from Iraq, and shall take

measures to ensure that members of the United States Forces, of the civilian component,

and United States contractors and United States contractor employees do not export Iraqi

currency from Iraq.

Thank you so much for the clarification with the SOFA agreement. No I do not believe it is as you say "Strictly Enforced", I just know that when these Rumors of Soldiers cashing in in Iraq it is BOGUS. Thanks so much for the sharing of topic knowledge. Peace.

Sooner or later, the rumors will not be rumors anymore! Time is not a luxury that Iraq has right now. As far as getting info from BOG, I believe that would be a situation that would be closely monitored by both the Iraqi government, and the US Military. I think it is possible that they could be cashing in, but only under strict confidentiality orders that would carry harsh penalties if broken! I believe that if this is the case, that many over there would like to share the news...but cant afford to take the risk involved. Just a thought, but could very well be a reality! God Bless Each and Everyone of you! I do believe we are so very close to closing this chapter of this "book".

While on tour in Iraq, starting in 2003 some brought home, several times, under $10,000 each time they came back to the US.

My husband says, they would not let them bring home more than that, at one time.

My husband has been over there 3 times since 2003 and had several "LEAVES" home to visit, and could only bring less than 10,000 each time. Hope this helps? smile.gif

NO ITS NOT A RUMOR ITS A LIE!!!!! AND WHOEVER OWNS THIS FORUM SHOULD NOT LET THIS HAPPEN !!!! UNLESS HE SALES DINAR ,AND HE DOES!!!!!!!!

I don't think he actually sells dinar, he has a website and charges businesses to place their ads on it, some of whom sell dinar.....some who sell gold etc...

As normal the rumour has been misinterpreted. There is no rumour about anyone over there cashing in. The rumour was that RETURNING military were being allowed to exchange at that rate. Somewhat different.

At the moment still unconfirmed information.

As normal the rumour has been misinterpreted. There is no rumour about anyone over there cashing in. The rumour was that RETURNING military were being allowed to exchange at that rate. Somewhat different.

At the moment still unconfirmed information.

True, would be odd for Iraq to cash in a soldier at a rate different than the published rate. Maybe odd is the wrong word. Try ridiculous. But until a returning home soldier can confirm their cash in rate, its not officialy debunked....