Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One thing to look for before RV

keepmwlknfny

But imagine, if you heard from OKIE,BLAINO IDIOT, STEVE WEED,that the value was going to go up and you went out and took a day off & searched local banks for on-hand inventory to buy up as much dinar as possible. Basically depleting your bank account to do so. Because you had nearly factual proof of this happening.

You just described the koolaid gang and what is happening.

• Upvote 2

I also saw something about the video, etc people are talking about, but while trying to find it I found this link. It may or may not help with the above conversations.

http://iraqidinarnews.net/blog/2011/04/13/iraq-currency-re-done-after-parliament-sign-off/

Pj

The guy says there will be a redenomination that will not increase purchasing power and is not a LOP or the RV we all want. Don't know what to make of that other than what he said, a redenomination. Removal of zeros from the currency which really would be a LOP. :blink: Haha. Again we wait and see.

PS jpegsch,

You should really start a post of this article. It is just the guys opinion but I am sure some would be intrested.

Edited by dinarck

The guy says there will be a redenomination that will not increase purchasing power and is not a LOP or the RV we all want. Don't know what to make of that other than what he said, a redenomination. Removal of zeros from the currency which really would be a LOP. :blink: Haha. Again we wait and see.

PS jpegsch,

You should really start a post of this article. It is just the guys opinion but I am sure some would be intrested.

Thanks, Dinarck. I am fairly new to the dinar world, and find it very confusing. I'm not always sure what will be of interest to others, or what may be old news.

Blessings,

Pj

You just described the koolaid gang and what is happening.

Thanks for editing my post in quotations.

And, we all know not to listen to them.... But, if we heard from a friend who was basically boots on the ground.

For example, let's say you have a brother who is over in Iraq and he informs you of these details..

You can't tell me you wouldn't go and try to find out how to get more dinar.

Imagine if you had a brother who worked for a corporation.... and he knew the value of the stock was going to go up.

you already being invested decide to throw a few more dollars at it....

Long story short, you can't tell me people wouldn't consider trying to buy more if they felt they had more concrete proof.

Pumping gurus are to be excluded, since, we can't trust them to any degree.

Well thats def more realistic then expecting an overnight RV from over a buck to 3 bucks.....and that is a feasible way to phase out the bigger bills and not have to drastically change anything instantly.....slow and gradual change in value as so the process isent so chaotic and it would give everyone time to adjust to the changes made easily...

Well of course its possible for them to be meaning 25k will equal 1000 25 notes, in reality instead of actually RD.....central banks are good at deception as to there exact motives but we still cant count it out unfortunately.....but the way I see it is that they would completely stop the dinar from leaving the country and they could easily announce their true motives if it were to straight up RV.....Then they wouldnt need to worry about people making a run on the banks!

If the 25k becomes 25, then people like myself will be a bit disappointed. The only denom 5/3 would sell me was 25K. Where does one get the smaller notes without 3 zeros? or am I missing something here?

Blessings,

Pj

If the 25k becomes 25, then people like myself will be a bit disappointed. The only denom 5/3 would sell me was 25K. Where does one get the smaller notes without 3 zeros? or am I missing something here?

Blessings,

Pj

Dont sweat it, if they remove the zeros, all the bills will be affected including the bills without three zeros.....so its really not worth paying a whole lot more for the smaller denoms.....your just fine with the 25k bills.....no worries....

And where did you hear this?? It would be more widespread news then just a couple gurus or two claiming this and you can bet there would be news articles about it posted all over this forum due to the news hounds we have here......

I think that there were a few articles regarding these symposiums. I also think that Kaperoni posted some of the information on a chat a few weeks back.

Now folks

remember that the Iraqi's already treat the dinar as though the zero's are gone now

they view the 25k as a 25 and so on

they look at the 250 like small change (nearly worthless)

and they use dollars for large purchases instead of dinar

according to one of my students they have been doing that since the initial sanctions against Saddam in the 90's

bearing that in mind a lop would be very simple for the people to get a handle on

it would almost be business as usual

there was an article posted here the other day addressing currency that was miss translated

after my terp translated it we found that it explained the new currency

as far as the addition of Kurdish and English writing and the removal of zero's as well

it did not address an increase in value though nor did it speculate on dates

food for thought

Semper Fi

Yeah huey, Im still with ya. Seems to be the likely outcome and I have no doubt that what you are hearing and experiencing is true. I am still holding out hope that maybe, just maybe it is all smoke and all of a sudden.....BAM, they come out with a low RV. HAHA. Anyway, I know nobody wants a LOP including you but it is something that we should all be prepared for. Lately it has really been rubbing me the wrong way all the bashing and negative treatment you have been receiving for simply informing us on what you have personally been told by people close to you that not only speak the language but have a much better grasp on what's going on in Iraq. The fact is people only want to hear that they are going to be rich. I guess I can't blame them but they should be thanking you rather than bashing. You are only trying to bring the truth. I for one am grateful for boots on the ground whether they bring good news or bad.

I think that there were a few articles regarding these symposiums. I also think that Kaperoni posted some of the information on a chat a few weeks back.

http://dinarvets.com..._1entry465797

While it seems they have been explaining how the RD would work, still would be some sort of announcement or showing of the new bills and what they will look like....all those links that Kaperoni was talking about was simply about doing a RD, which we dont want and again they have been discussing both sides of the argument for lopping or not....

If it lops can all the folks who threw stones at the lopsters form a line please...lol wink.gif

laugh.gif

This all sounds like logic, But like i have read and agree with here on this site, If they gave such an anouncment, EVERYONE Would Buy in... Right? Maybe they would educate their people Just After RV. Everything is just a maybe until D-Day... (Dinar Day) Not wanting to start a battle with you Keep, I've read you dooke it out with people here and I know I'd lose, Just Making a point. If I had ANY Solid proof of RV, I'd sell Everything I have to buy more Dinar, Even my Girlfriend! Haha jk

Krem

This all sounds like logic, But like i have read and agree with here on this site, If they gave such an anouncment, EVERYONE Would Buy in... Right? Maybe they would educate their people Just After RV. Everything is just a maybe until D-Day... (Dinar Day) Not wanting to start a battle with you Keep, I've read you dooke it out with people here and I know I'd lose, Just Making a point. If I had ANY Solid proof of RV, I'd sell Everything I have to buy more Dinar, Even my Girlfriend! Haha jk

Krem

LOL its not about starting a battle my dude....I like to debate topics between us all to dig for answers.....you might hear that I can be a little harsh sometimes but thats not from just debating a topic with people...usually the person I duke it out with, attacks me in some way shape or form or comes at me disrespectfully!! Im really not a bad guy laugh.gif And I wont attack you for having a view point and bringing it to the table for discussion!! Of course if they gave such an announcement there would be a run on the dinar, which is why I believe they would lock down any and all dinar from leaving the country period in plenty of time before such an announcement so that everyone is dry and no one can purchase anymore dinar...then with a handle on the currency, they could surely take the time they need to introduce the new bills to the public and announce the value changing without worrying about being bought up by the world.....

I just bought 250,000 a few weeks ago (Yes, Im a Real Newbie Heh), And the guy who sold to me told me he has Millions more(20+) if and when I want more. It would take a while for all of it to run dry. Maybe thats just a plus for me< Knowing this guy huh? Though, This man has been deep in this since the beginning so I'm sure If I heard news today of it Really going down, He would have heard yesterday and would Laugh at my offering of my Girlfriend for more dinar... Even though she is pretty hot... Haha

I don't think you're a bad dude, Just know you are way more educated than I about all this from what I've read and wouldn't want to offend you. Me Being BRAND NEW and all... Haha

All Respect, Krem

I just bought 250,000 a few weeks ago (Yes, Im a Real Newbie Heh), And the guy who sold to me told me he has Millions more(20+) if and when I want more. It would take a while for all of it to run dry. Maybe thats just a plus for me< Knowing this guy huh? Though, This man has been deep in this since the beginning so I'm sure If I heard news today of it Really going down, He would have heard yesterday and would Laugh at my offering of my Girlfriend for more dinar... Even though she is pretty hot... Haha

I don't think you're a bad dude, Just know you are way more educated than I about all this from what I've read and wouldn't want to offend you. Me Being BRAND NEW and all... Haha

All Respect, Krem

Well I still have alot to learn myself!! Ive just picked up on alot of different things since being invested for over a year and you will too bro!! You picked one of the best sites to hang around...not alot of fluff and BS here and your actually allowed to voice your opinion!! laugh.gif It takes alot to offend me friend so no worries!! I dont just randomly attack people hahaha I dont want you to get the wrong impression of me!!

We can compare a R/D to a reverse stock split. What is a reverse stock split?

** A reduction in the number of a corporation's shares outstanding that increases the par value of its stock or its earnings per share. The market value of the total number of shares (market capitalization) remains the same.

How would this relate to the Iraqi Dinar?

** They would be reducing the total currency in circulation by about 1,000 (divide by 1,000 basically).. In reality, there will be no loss & no gain as the value would equal the same. What appears to be a 25,000 IQD note would equal a 25 IQD note. Now, these notes would have to co-exist for a period of time, but eventually, they will be removed entirely.

In the stock world, it is usually a bad sign for a company if they are in need of doing a reverse-split. Corporations will do this when they wish to make their shares seem more reasonable and representing value or also it may be done in an attempt to prevent being de-listed from the market.

What does this mean? I would call it the "easy way out" as it removes any ability to let the value rise. Now, some will argue that regardless of the end result of the Iraqi Dinar will have no effect by foreign investors, but, lets consider the following: If you were considering to invest into a corporation, and they were struggling & you felt they were going to dig themselves out of a rut... But you were hearing rumors of a reverse split, would you invest?? Well, if you were hoping to ride a value up as the company excels, you would feel that you are now going to be in a position where you are limited on a return on investment.

If you were buying into a company and you were told that the shares you were holding would be divided by 2, but the value would double... That would mean you hold 1/2 the amount of shares but now double the value. So what that means to an investor is you basically jumped up in value, and you got no return on investment to show for it. So, now the value seems more appealing, but, now future investors may be cautious on investing. Other investors and their demand would help drive the value up.

So, if they were to re-denominate, how many people would likely invest into their currency? The overall demand would likely be diminished by a large margin. Why? The limits of the type of return on investment we would hope to achieve.

Whether they R/V or R/D, their foreign cash reserves will be impacted.

It can obviously be debated that the R/V will have more of an impact over the R/D, but with a R/V, at least they will have a better chance of maintaining a high amount of demand for their currency.

Just some things to think about :)

• Upvote 1

Haha I hear ya. Well Right on bro. I won't hold back my opinions(I haven't yet so far) as I do Like to express myself and what I think as well as reading what Other people think too. Gives me a different point to trip on. I've been back and forth about this whole thing even being REAL since I bought into it, But reading through all the posts and comments helps me to form my own thoughts and understanding. Thanks Keep and... Keep'em walkin funny dude... I do! Haha

Krem

Thats cool, sorry for assuming if thats the idea you got, but this would be MAJOR news posted all over.....you can bet there would be multiple news articles about it and not just a video posted saying the citizens are going to the bank and being told about the lower denoms...because there has been many videos posted here assuming whats happening and they have been nothing of the sort.....can you find what you are speaking about that details the info you are claiming??

You make a valid point but it doesn't mean you are 100% correct. They have already introduced the electronic banking system, right? This will solve many of the issues. Yet, how they do this and educate or expose any of this is uncertain. You can bet the plan is in place. I do not think it will be as difficult as you might assume but one never knows. It is certainly exciting to watch this slowly unfold.

You make a valid point but it doesn't mean you are 100% correct. They have already introduced the electronic banking system, right? This will solve many of the issues. Yet, how they do this and educate or expose any of this is uncertain. You can bet the plan is in place. I do not think it will be as difficult as you might assume but one never knows. It is certainly exciting to watch this slowly unfold.

They say a lot of people don't "trust" banks.. But, if the value were to go up as we would hope.. And they were a little slow on releasing lower denominations, would this not be a some-what wise move to get people to start storing their money in banks and using a smart card while new lower denominations are released...????

What do you think that they wont even inform the people of new bills and what the values of them will be before introducing them? You think they will just wake up and there will magically be new bills all over the place with no notice at all? laugh.gif In any case, whatever they do with the dinar, they will need a new currency, new set of bills, and the citizens will be made aware of the changes before anything happens.....it might not be difficult to do, but to think it will all just be thrown out there with no previous warning is kinda silly dont you think?

Keep- I am not a real time gamblin man... just like to play a little Texas hold em with my brothers a couple times a year. But in cards you don't want to "telegraph" your next move, tip your hand, or show any kind of "tell"... it could cost you the game (just watched Maverick with Jody Foster and Mel Gibson so it's fresh in my mind!). My point is this.... do you think they would play that lousy of a hand and let everybody know what they are about to do by showing us the lower denoms? Wouldn't that give their hand away and cause a rush to go out and buy more dinar before it RV's? Honestly asking here? Seems that would be like shooting themselves in the foot... just sayin! - Have a great Memorial Day ya'll - R & Scool.gif