Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Random thought on RV timing

Psych

So, let's pretend that the June 30th deadline is in fact the "drop dead date", for lack of a better way of putting it. That puts us at 40 days out maximum from an RV (some have said July 10...whatever). Each day that goes by obviously gets us closer and closer. Now, I know we are dealing with a -nothing is urgent- type of culture...but are they not feeling some pressure here? I would think, that if we get to the last week in June and the RV has not occurred yet, that the dinar would begin to fly off the shelves. People would be skipping their mortgage payments and selling their pets, as they would know that it would be only a matter of days until they could cash in. I am sure that people with big time cash to burn would buy more...and countries would be shoring up even more of their reserves with dinar. In short, the closer we get to the hypothetical June 30th date, the more likely the RV will become easier to predict. Okie might even be able to guess the day. My question is...would it not be to Iraq's advantage to do this earlier so as to avoid being predictable....(like March would have been good)? Even with the not so logical track record, I would think they would be bright enough to figure this out if armchair currency investor like myself can...thought?

It's a bit naive to think Iraq will handle the RV as a product launch sort of event, in order to surprise people :-).

It doesn't work like that. In order for Iraq to be part of the World Economical Forces and play the game autonomously again, they need to tick a number of boxes. Read this site and you'll know which ones: GOI, Security ministers, Kuwait payback deal, new banking systems in place, etc etc etc.

We probably don't know all the protocols Iraq needs to have in place before their currency becomes a tradable curency.

It's the IMF and BIS that call the shots and the power brokers behind the scenes are the international banking families. The US government doesn't even have the steering wheel, you know?

So, when the time is there for the PTB to pull the trigger, they will. And no sooner.

When this will be? Within the next two years I think.

Psych,

I actually agree 100% with your comments with two disclaimers:

- I wouldn't sell any of my 4 dogs

- If indeed 6/30 was an absolute deadline

I could wait 3 more months, 1 year, 5 years, etc...but our "hot window" seems to be now thru 7/10...we shall see...go RV!

Now, I know we are dealing with a -nothing is urgent- type of culture.

End Quote

Hmmm..Don't get me started...7 plus years and still waiting........"nothing is urgent- type of culture." my a$$......lol........Just give me those 0.10 per Dinar and I'm gone yesterday.

Edited by umbertino

So, let's pretend that the June 30th deadline is in fact the "drop dead date", for lack of a better way of putting it. That puts us at 40 days out maximum from an RV (some have said July 10...whatever). Each day that goes by obviously gets us closer and closer. Now, I know we are dealing with a -nothing is urgent- type of culture...but are they not feeling some pressure here? I would think, that if we get to the last week in June and the RV has not occurred yet, that the dinar would begin to fly off the shelves. People would be skipping their mortgage payments and selling their pets, as they would know that it would be only a matter of days until they could cash in. I am sure that people with big time cash to burn would buy more...and countries would be shoring up even more of their reserves with dinar. In short, the closer we get to the hypothetical June 30th date, the more likely the RV will become easier to predict. Okie might even be able to guess the day. My question is...would it not be to Iraq's advantage to do this earlier so as to avoid being predictable....(like March would have been good)? Even with the not so logical track record, I would think they would be bright enough to figure this out if armchair currency investor like myself can...thought?

Hi Psych :)

As far as I understand, there is NO 'drop dead date'. There is NO

entity that is trying to push Iraq to revalue. The UST and IMF are NOT in charge

of Iraqs revaluation, the GOI and Mr. Shabibi is. The last dates that were supposed

'drop dead' dates were, 2008, 2009, Dec. 2010, end of Jan, 2011, and every month

that comes and goes. Nothing we say or do will speed it up.

That should tell a story to all of us that there is no rush and this could go on for longer than

any of us would care to admit. if the guru lies would stop being spread, a lot of these

terms would die off and we could get back to some much more factual evidence and status,

without thinking that everything and each bit of news is somehow related to the "rv".

Unfortunately, the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar has been made into something created out of

the minds of those who have manipulated most and the end result has been repeat business for

dealers who do not blink an eye to literally gouge every cent they can out of so many peoples

pockets, along with their cute gimmicks and "rv cards"...it amazes me how this has been made

into nothing short of a circus atmosphere.

Certainly it would be wonderful to see Iraq revalue their currency by end of June...but they are simply not ready yet.

Until they get their country in order and stable, seated GOI, etc., rebuild infrastructure to bring their goods and services

to the international table, it is very selfish for us to think they are being forced to revalue and at rates that have been quoted

that would literally destroy them. The world is NOT waiting around for the Iraqi revaluation...that has been created by the

liars that feed it, then it is brought over here and believed to be factual. So far that has not worked out to well, so we must

accept the motive behind the comments and lies, who the dealers are that promote such talk...I can name a few, but they still

seem to keep getting patronized by those still rushing out to buy more, that many cannot afford.

Next in line for this kind of circus will be the "dong"...notice how the gurus have already started mentioning it?

It will turn out to be yet another circus of lies and even old "okie" stated he heard the dong will revalue at the same time

as the IQD! :lol: :lol: it is just too sad but too predictable also.

We need to allow Iraq to continue their progress, slow as it is, and when they are actually prepared to revalue,

remember, it will not be FOR us, it will be for their own benefit. We only speculate it will offer us a good return.

I think it will, but not at all as it has been suggested. We can also throw out the idea that this will somehow

end all our problems in the U.S. ...it will not come close if one looks at the raw data. So be grateful for whatever happens,

whether by end of June 2011, or end of June 2015. At this time, it is more prudent to be thinking about ways in which to

be able to face many challenges over the next 2 years or so in this country, and seek wisdom in how to do so. The rest will

take care of itself, however it unfolds.

Thanks for your post :) Have a nice weekend.

All my best! :D

Jim

---

At what point do they run out of IQD to sell? Ali stated he was selling as much as 500 million dinar per day. This has been going on for 7 years. At some point they will have to run out of dinar to sell.

That seems impossible. Isn't this a 'managed float' with a cap? Or are they smokin' the presses like Bernake?

Wasn't there just as big a hooplah and fanfare about a possible RV around the 1st of January 2011, or bigger? Than this predicted "drop-dead" date?

Seem to remember there being an outrage at the "gurus" for giving out bad intel because of that date.

Maybe we should be looking at and analyzing the actual wording of the phrase "Drop-dead date"

Is someone literally going to drop dead on June 30th? Someone big? In power? In politics? Maliki? Shabibi? Alawi? Barzani? The new Al-Qaeda leader? Obama?

*GASP*

But seriously, I mean, that phrase brings about a certain chin-scratching "hmmm" when you look at the shocking style of recent events, including Bin Laden and the US-Pakistani action. Sorry to be negative, but I think things will get worse before they get better... No smoke and mirrors guys, this is going to hurt, big time. Maybe we'll see an RV on the other side of the tunnel, but it's all lights out until we get there. And if someone drops dead along the way... well...

Just sayin'...