Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank of Baghdad

Like it says I will be going there tomorrow since they are open on Sundays thru Thursdays from 8:30 to 1:30 except Thursday they close earlier.. But I will be there and want to ask a few questions, one of the questions I am going to ask is do they have any idea if any lower denoms will come out or is this thing going to LOP. but if you would like to help me with a couple more questions please put them here and I will ask some of them.. I will post it as soon as I get the answers and back to my hooch. Plus does anybody know anything about the Bank of Baghdad, I am thinking of setting up a account there but heck I don't want to give them all my personal info, the reason is because of Identity Theft..do we trust them or do we not?

Thanks Everybody,

Go Rv

God Bless America

• Upvote 3

Like it says I will be going there tomorrow since they are open on Sundays thru Thursdays from 8:30 to 1:30 except Thursday they close earlier.. But I will be there and want to ask a few questions, one of the questions I am going to ask is do they have any idea if any lower denoms will come out or is this thing going to LOP. but if you would like to help me with a couple more questions please put them here and I will ask some of them.. I will post it as soon as I get the answers and back to my hooch. Plus does anybody know anything about the Bank of Baghdad, I am thinking of setting up a account there but heck I don't want to give them all my personal info, the reason is because of Identity Theft..do we trust them or do we not?

Thanks Everybody,

Go Rv

God Bless America

Firefighter,

Are you on T1 - Adder/Talill - ?

haven't been in iraq since 05...whats the overall security situation now...is it safe to go into towns...for example i was at taji...wouldn't go in town without being armed...whats the overall security for US contractors civilians....and military in baghdad and other cities?

Plus does anybody know anything about the Bank of Baghdad, I am thinking of setting up a account there but heck I don't want to give them all my personal info, the reason is because of Identity Theft..do we trust them or do we not?

Do not trust them !!! Never turn your back on them !!! I was in Fullujah back in 03 / 04 training the new Fullujah police dept as well pulling security around the city. My unit rotated out and replaced by the 82nd. A few days after we left a gun battle between the 82nd and insurgents took place. The 82nd won the battle only to identify the insurgents as new Fullujah police recruits by the idenity cards we gave them. They are also masters at counterfiting. This is a true story brother.....never turn your back on any no matter how friendly they may seem.

Ok so I went there to open up an account and found out that I would be able to pick up my cash card 40 days after opening the account. So i didn't open up one, I did ask them if they have any small denominations and the smallest they have seen is 250 ... Asked them if they knew anything about the dinar and if it would revalue anytime soon, and the guy behind the counter said he didn't think so he said even the iraqi's don't trust their money. I asked him about the Lop and he doesn't know anything about that either, There were 2 ATM machines one in the lobby and one in the enterance of the bank. This is all I have I know it's not what everybody wanted to hear but oh well.. Thanks for the heads up on how much to trust them. Now here is a thought,, maybe these bankers don't know anything or maybe they do. I know that everytime a person post a comment about what they heard at the bank, if it's not what you want to hear you comment on how bankers don't know anything, and the poster gets a negative.. But if it's something you like you give the poster a positive.. Please take this for what's it worth, it came from a Iraqi, they will lie to your face and call you brother in the same sentence.

For all of you people who like to grade on grammer, please be kind I am laying in my bed typing this. Yes I know my sentences run a little long, so be it.

Go Rv

God Bless America

• Upvote 14

Well firefighter, the 5 years I was there I never opened up a Bank of Baghdad account but I do have a Warka account. I wish I got the same service from my BoA or Chase Bank accounts in the states that I get from my

Warka Bank. I'm heavy into the ISX an can tell you a little about who owns an operates them. I copied this from another site that does the ISX an will just paste it here to save some typing. I would suggest that you follow

the same reasoning as you would in any investment, not to put in any more than you can loose. If you trust the folks down in Kuwait you will be alright. Below is from a fellow investor in the ISX.

**5. Bank of Baghdad = United Gulf Bank of Bahrain (UGB) sold to (new owner Burgan Bank (KIPCO)) (49% up to 50.6%-51% in 2010), Iraq Holding Company (Kuwait)(24%). (KIPCO, GUY CALLING SHOTS IS FIRST SON OF CURRENT KUWAIT RULER)

• Upvote 1

Well firefighter, the 5 years I was there I never opened up a Bank of Baghdad account but I do have a Warka account. I wish I got the same service from my BoA or Chase Bank accounts in the states that I get from my

Warka Bank. I'm heavy into the ISX an can tell you a little about who owns an operates them. I copied this from another site that does the ISX an will just paste it here to save some typing. I would suggest that you follow

the same reasoning as you would in any investment, not to put in any more than you can loose. If you trust the folks down in Kuwait you will be alright. Below is from a fellow investor in the ISX.

**5. Bank of Baghdad = United Gulf Bank of Bahrain (UGB) sold to (new owner Burgan Bank (KIPCO)) (49% up to 50.6%-51% in 2010), Iraq Holding Company (Kuwait)(24%). (KIPCO, GUY CALLING SHOTS IS FIRST SON OF CURRENT KUWAIT RULER)

I will be opening up a Warka account, I hear there is a Warka Bank in New York...

Thanks for the info,

Go Rv

God Bless America

I am at F2 right now for a couple of days heading back to C1

I've been assiged two both OIF-II & OIF-IV, last assignment was T1, Red Team. BoB had constructed a new bank right next to Warka on T1. Interesting note, the family that owns BoB has very close ties to Maliki. My ISX BBOB stock has doubled IQD. :D last six months.

Ok so I went there to open up an account and found out that I would be able to pick up my cash card 40 days after opening the account. So i didn't open up one, I did ask them if they have any small denominations and the smallest they have seen is 250 ... Asked them if they knew anything about the dinar and if it would revalue anytime soon, and the guy behind the counter said he didn't think so he said even the iraqi's don't trust their money. I asked him about the Lop and he doesn't know anything about that either, There were 2 ATM machines one in the lobby and one in the enterance of the bank. This is all I have I know it's not what everybody wanted to hear but oh well.. Thanks for the heads up on how much to trust them. Now here is a thought,, maybe these bankers don't know anything or maybe they do. I know that everytime a person post a comment about what they heard at the bank, if it's not what you want to hear you comment on how bankers don't know anything, and the poster gets a negative.. But if it's something you like you give the poster a positive.. Please take this for what's it worth, it came from a Iraqi, they will lie to your face and call you brother in the same sentence.

For all of you people who like to grade on grammer, please be kind I am laying in my bed typing this. Yes I know my sentences run a little long, so be it.

Go Rv

God Bless America

http://www.bankofbaghdad.org/index.aspx

Personal Banking

You can send an enquiry located at the bottom personel banking tab.

Bank of Baghdad offers personal banking services to its customers:

Deposit Accounts

Bank of Baghdad provides a variety of accounts with competitive interest rates to suit its wide range of clients and their banking needs. Accounts can be accessed and managed through many channels like ATMs, internet, and Mobile Banking

Current Accounts

Term Deposit Accounts

Saving Accounts

Golden Investor Account

Loans

Home Loans:

We offer both medium‐term loans for renovation purposes, and long‐term loans for purchasing homes with a comfortable annuity payment schedule.

Personal Loans and Car Loans

We have a convenient program that accepts salary transfer as collateral, with a monthly repayment up to 33% of monthly income. Clients receive fast approvals using retail scoring and undergo minimal paperwork.

SME Loans:

We offer facilities to local SMEs with flexible terms that support all their business needs; with loans up to three years, competitive interest rates, and no processing fees.

Corporate Banking Services

We believe that successful business banking is all about understanding our client’s needs ‐ we have an unswerving dedication to our clients, and are committed to help their businesses grow, evolve and prosper.

BoB has developed the EzeePay Payroll Account that offers ease of cash management and convenience, and provides better financial control solutions. With the EzeePay ATM Card, companies can now offer their employees the convenience and security of a stored‐value card payroll solution that benefits both employers and employees alike. Our services include:

EzeePay Payroll Account

MoneyLink Internal/External transfers

ATM Card Network

Export Documentary Collections

Import Documentary Collections

Discounted Bills

International Credit and Pre‐paid

Electronic Banking

Commercial Loans

Term Deposits

Overdraft Facilities

Letters of Credit

Bills of Exchange

Letters of Guarantee

Foreign Exchange

Check collection

Point of Sales (POS) Services

Other Banking Services

Credit, Debit & Pre-paid Cards

Bank of Baghdad is the market leader in pursuing and spreading the culture of cards in Iraq, both credit and debit, and the only bank in Iraq that has principal licenses from both Visa and MasterCard.

International Transfer

Money Link; which provides transfers to 180 countries worldwide, in 90 currencies, and is received within 48 hours. Western Union; Bank of Baghdad received the approval in 2008 to be one the local agents for Western Union in Iraq. This provides the Bank’s clientele to send and receive money transfers from over 200 countries and territories.

Internet Banking

Our clients can access their accounts via our website www.bankofbaghdad.org from anywhere in the world with the options to review their up‐to‐date activities, transfer money, and request statements.

Mobile Banking

Bank of Baghdad is the first bank in Iraq to launch Mobile Banking; enabling our customers to check their balances, make transfers to accounts, and execute air-time top-up for pre-paid mobile subscreptions in Iraq in the convenience of their own homes or even while on the road.

International Banking

The Bank offers a comprehensive banking platform and superior investment options. Having one international base for managing the clients wealth gives them greater ease and control to plan their future through our sister entities within the group.

Multi-National Presence

The Bank has established strong correspondent banking relationships in all major emerging markets within the region including Citibank New York, JP Morgan Chase, and Standard Chartered Bank, and therefore have positive prospects for growth.

• Upvote 2

maybe a little synchronicity. I went in earlier this morning to that branch to see about my debit card. Its been a few months now and it still isn't ready for release.

They said they are waiting for some kind of approval to make them all active.

So I asked the rep what he thought about the dinar and he said that he didnt think there would be a change till next year and then he started talking about removing zeros as in lop.

I was like well what about the recent articles that say they wont do that, he smiled and said well no one really knows.

These guys are probably asked these questions several times a day. I shouldn't even bother asking but sometimes I can't help it.

Hey thats good info, thanks for sharing that.

Go Rv

God Bless America

THANK YOU SO MUCH for just being REAL! That's all any of us ask for (ok that's not true.....some want to be lied to)All I want is to hear the TRUTH, not a "IT"S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW" just to find out........NO..........NO....it's not....And I get all the minuses for trying to get people to just be REAL! What is happening to this world, when they would rather hear a lie than the truth?If I could give you a HUNDRED pluses right now I would.I believe it will happen someday, maybe even soon.BUT I'm not going to spread some exaggerated fabricated CRAP, that just hurts people, and I will call ANYONE down that I think is doing just that!Be careful and stay safe!...........BROTHER! :)

• Upvote 1

I've got to admit , I really get pumped up reading all the gurus and rumors, but knowing myself like I do, when I started investing it this around a year ago, I set up my comforatable investment goal. I would read the rumors, think about exceeding my committment, then intentionally seek out some truthers advice to bring me back some balance. Every now and then, forget the entertainment (because your brain really wants to believe it). Still like the investment, still positive, not totally buying into the overnight millionair business, but hey, there is a chance! I'm loving life, staying positive, but keeping my day job!