Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV NEWS

Biker

Keep, some of the people in here that I know that you respect disagree with you on this topic.

There is alot of people that disagree with me.....now if they are disagreeing with what these zeros articles mean, then Im at a loss for words because when you put them all together, its pretty blatent what is being said.....now if they are saying that a redenomination is impossible, then I would LOVE for them to step forward and teach me the why and the how.....because as of yet, no one has been able to.......

Read the article above this post in dinar news. First one I have seen by a supposed Iraqi economist blasting the LOP as a bad idea. Hopefully Iraq will listen to its experts and vote this idea down. Hope to see more articles like that one in the future. Anyway, a little glimmer of hope.

There is alot of people that disagree with me.....now if they are disagreeing with what these zeros articles mean, then Im at a loss for words because when you put them all together, its pretty blatent what is being said.....now if they are saying that a redenomination is impossible, then I would LOVE for them to step forward and teach me the why and the how.....because as of yet, no one has been able to.......

For 1 thing. If they lop they wouldn't be increasing the value of their currency so it would be for nothing. When any potential for large profits are removed from the investment everyone will sell. You will have massive inflation as the currency has not increased in value.

They need to come out at a rate high enough so Iraq won't be bought out. Yet low enough so their will be buyers and holders to counter the sellers.

A simple question for all those who have been jumping on Keep (who has been doing a very admirable job).

You all are expecting a HUGE payoff, GIGANTIC right?

Where in history, have you EVER heard a return give you 1000X (some are saying 3000X) your investment? Anybody??

You put in $1 and get back $1000, does that sound even possible? The only thing like that would be a lottery, and you have 1 winner and a million losers. Actually that sounds like Ali... :lol:

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is right?

Sounds like you already given up. And yes a straight RV does sound possible. If any country is gonna do a straight RV, it is Iraq. And to say it is not possible seems unreasonable when Iraq is obviously contemplating it based off the news. Crap shoot but still possible. And keep does give good info to think about

Edited by YourIntelSux

Ok you realize they will have to introduce a whole new currency if they straight up RV as well right? So they can only do that if they RV but not if they RD? Maybe its the cost to introduce a new currency that has you confused. Well lets see. It would cost them billions to print a new currency. It would cost them trillions to RV without a RD. Which one do you think they will chose?

Thats not correct........They already have all the denoms printed and have since 2003, only the larger notes are the ones more common right now and in circulation and the rest (the small notes and coins) are sitting in the CBI. If they RV, they only have to pull out the higher denom notes and issue the ALREADY printed and waiting lower denoms.

If they RD, they will have to print and mint a whole new set of currency......EVERYTHING......

LOP + RV = $3.33

You keep saying LOP and I am gonna LOP you on the head. Seriously just SAY REVALUE so you dont appear to be stupid. I am trying to be a friend but at times the patience things wears thin.

Wont LOP and doubtful on the revalue. We shall see.

Try to be a little more sure of yourself.... LOL

Peace

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You're also forgetting one crucial point..........If they RD, they most likely must RV at the same time at a decent rate of say $1.00. Now, they will have to print and mint all new currency that will cost billions AND......Pay out the new rate of the RV'd currency. How many billions do you believe that may be? Piece both of them together and you just may have expenses in the trillions.

Now, they may also just do a straight RV, which seems more plausible, at around $1 and this will also be in the trillions in expenses.

What is my point? Its basically a wash either way they go......

Edited by Spoolin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People keep getting upset because of the term LOP (loss of profit), made up or not, obviously means redonomination. I seem to get the idea that somehow everyone thinks they are actually going to lose something, they actually never had. If a 25,000 dinar note costs 21.36 to purchase and they took off the zeros on that note, it becomes 25 dinar, if they rv it at 3.00 then it became 75. So alot of people get pissed like "no, they cant do that, so many people would be angry, robbed." Noone told our country that we had to invade Iraq or Afghan, we weren't forced to do it, other than to go after some bad people. So why does Iraq have to pay us 1,000 fold? Because we took a risk, because we waited? WAKE UP!!! While it would be a fabulous thing if they did, lets be real. What other country has paid us for their freedom? France, Germany, Japan? We did it because it was the right thing to do, according to George Bush!

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

People keep getting upset because of the term LOP (loss of profit), made up or not, obviously means redonomination. I seem to get the idea that somehow everyone thinks they are actually going to lose something, they actually never had. If a 25,000 dinar note costs 21.36 to purchase and they took off the zeros on that note, it becomes 25 dinar, if they rv it at 3.00 then it became 75. So alot of people get pissed like "no, they cant do that, so many people would be angry, robbed." Noone told our country that we had to invade Iraq or Afghan, we weren't forced to do it, other than to go after some bad people. So why does Iraq have to pay us 1,000 fold? Because we took a risk, because we waited? WAKE UP!!! While it would be a fabulous thing if they did, lets be real. What other country has paid us for their freedom? France, Germany, Japan? We did it because it was the right thing to do, according to George Bush!

Son, I HIGHLY suggest you learn before just rambling...

This is much bigger than some of the litte facts you just posted. So to the WAKE UP I say GET EDUCATED... lol (loss of profit and Redenomination are two entirely different things)

Read and listen to some of the experts. You might change your oppinion. Basing your thoughts on this site alone can be dangerous.

Anyway, the one thing you said which is true is that we will find out soon enough. Hopefully the nay sayers will also be doing a happy dance here.

IMHO the 1-1.40 range seems about right based on my numbers (I cant be positive). I wont go over all the back and forth arguing. Yet, I will say after this happens be cautious and watch the numbers. They just might climb up fairly quickly.

Again, read from MALIKI and ALLAWI etc. There is enough to read just with their quotes. Then read the plan set in place long ago. Then read from actual experts who have studied world monitary systems and give their opinion on this. After you do all of that yourself and come back here and give a logical assessment... well, I am betting your ideas about this will be a bit more optimistic and with a new idea of the realism involved. Until then, and those who use wrongful terms etc... It comes across as hanging onto the opinion of posts from those less informed or less educated.

JUST SAYING how I feel. Have a great evening and week.

Peace

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You're also forgetting one crucial point..........If they RD, they most likely must RV at the same time at a decent rate of say $1.00. Now, they will have to print and mint all new currency that will cost billions AND......Pay out the new rate of the RV'd currency. How many billions do you believe that may be? Piece both of them together and you just may have expenses in the trillions.

Now, they may also just do a straight RV, which seems more plausible, at around $1 and this will also be in the trillions in expenses.

What is my point? Its basically a wash either way they go......

Not exactly. There is a huge difference in a few billion and a few trillion.I would say that we hold 1-2 trillion in dinar... It would then become 1-2 billion with an rd at a new 1-1(maybe more) rate + billions for the new currency as opposed to a straight rv and 1-2 trillion paid out.

• Upvote 1

The post about "wrong post" was just that, I meant to post something in a different forum and came back and changed it to say "wrong post", so Im not sure why you quoted that? I have read many things in the 7 years that I've been invested in the dinar, that I actually got in Iraq on the streets, everyday for two full years, not from Ali or anyone else selling a dream. While I'm dreaming big, I'm also pretty grounded on the probability of it actually happening. I've looked at FoxNews, CNN, Al Jazerra, and every other guru on any topic, and 90% of them are idiots. Just because someone is an economist or professional, there's always another guru thats accredited enough to contridict him. So that doesnt hold much weight with me. But anyways, I'm going to take my uneducated friend keep and myself away so we can go "play" in reality! We're both probably tired of trying to share logic with dreamers and pumpers. Goodnight!

By the way, you obviously have only been reading things on here, or maybe you check with DD? And Im 30 years old, a teacher to senior enlisted and military officers on weapons, tactics, and many other topics. Last time I checked, you weren't my daddy. Good luck with that though!

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The post about "wrong post" was just that, I meant to post something in a different forum and came back and changed it to say "wrong post", so Im not sure why you quoted that? I have read many things in the 7 years that I've been invested in the dinar, that I actually got in Iraq on the streets, everyday for two full years, not from Ali or anyone else selling a dream. While I'm dreaming big, I'm also pretty grounded on the probability of it actually happening. I've looked at FoxNews, CNN, Al Jazerra, and every other guru on any topic, and 90% of them are idiots. Just because someone is an economist or professional, there's always another guru thats accredited enough to contridict him. So that doesnt hold much weight with me. But anyways, I'm going to take my uneducated friend keep and myself away so we can go "play" in reality! We're both probably tired of trying to share logic with dreamers and pumpers. Goodnight!

By the way, you obviously have only been reading things on here, or maybe you check with DD? And Im 30 years old, a teacher to senior enlisted and military officers on weapons, tactics, and many other topics. Last time I checked, you weren't my daddy. Good luck with that though!

Pumper and dreamer. Hey you two run along and pump one another... In all due respect though I just said get more educated, You think your reality and numbers are gospel and they simply are not. Using terms which do not fit this model also shows that you are not educated on it. But it is fine by me. Just seriously trying to help out for when you post here. I am definately no guru but I do have my format for knowing truth from BS, Good luck to you... Seriously I wish you both fortune and fun times ahead.

Peace

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I never said its gospel, but running around telling everyone to read articles from experts...who might that be? Please educate me, Im in dire need of an education. How is saying that a redonomination is likely, wrong? Im not saying that thats the only thing they can or will do, but your putting things out there that its very obvious that thats not the case, what is your evidence that they wont do that? From a logical stand point... does taking two hundred dollars and turning it into over a million sound logical. Its like playing the lottery. 1 in 30 million odds. I hope your right, I truely do....but if you keep claiming thats the only thing they can logically do, no offense but your head needs to be checked.

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 1

One, Try reading before you put your foot in your mouth and start saying things that were NEVER SAID, Who said Obama PLANS TO MAKE THE IQD RV AT A HIGH RATE? No one! I simply think that for ANYONE to raise 1 BILLION for campaign has to either have a VERY HIGH approval rating ( Which he does not) or has another plan to bring in that much. and if anyone knows more and has more information about what is going to happen it would be the President of the USA. lets get this straight,, this is NOT a rumor because I NEVER Said that THIS IS HOW HE WILL DO IT!

And guess what,, those "goods and materials" that you are talking about being manufactured HERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I think you ARE HIGH! everything is made in CHINA or some other country where it is more cost effiecient to "manufacture" creating jobs HERE :lol: like Iraq is going to buy stuff from us when they can get the same stuff cheaper some where else! GET REAL!

As far as US making Iraq a WAR TORN Country HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! you're kidding me right! You DON'T know HISTORY! PLAIN AS THAT!

I whish everyone would get off of this whole " we went to take their Oil" B.S. everyone was saying that about GWB when he was in office. what would he do with it? personal use? or to make the Gass prices cheaper in the U.S? well niether of those have happend. And just so you know George Soros is a billionare today because he manipulated countries policies through all of his organizations to sway currencies in his favor. if you don't know this.... LOOK IT UP! I think being a BILLIONARE qualifies him as a "BIG PLAYER" when it comes to currency investment. and Why would any one want oil? because of MONEY so yes the BIG PLAYERS are concerned with what currencies do in General PERIOD. IGNORANT? check the miror. B)

And lastly, here we go with the LOP again, Honestly,, you guys can continue to battle it out with your Harvard masters degres in economic...... I AM ASSUMING YOU ALL HAVE A MASTERS IN ECONOMICS RIGHT? because you sure get on here and go back and forth with your "This has to LOP because that's just how it works" tone. I'm getting tired of reading the back and forth. yes they could redinominate and add confusion and chaos to an already unstable region, and yes they could RV and No that would NOT break the country to pay out to the investors they've been taking our money too, and we're talking about a significantly SMALLER portion of IQD that has been purchased buy investors, as apposed to the much higher amount that is in circulation in their own country which if RVd would Instantly help the Iraqi people in having homes and busnesses built and making them a rich people, which would in fact be more benificial for their country, GOI CBI because it would ack as an instant jumpstart.

Thank you in advance for the Negatives :lol:

Peace

Perhaps you should re-read what you had written:

" You know, Obama plans, (and seems very confident) that he will raise 1 billion for his re-election campaign,,,, if the white house knows anything, don't you think an RV could be his ticket to raising that amount,,,,,,,, I hope that if he gets it, he still LOOSES! "

You plain and clear say that an RV can be his ticket to raising that amount...and we know that he isn't going to raise 1 billion on a .01 RV Rate. So a "decent RV rate" is what can be assumed from your posting...

secondly, last time I checked we're not talking about crappy plastic useless trinkets from China...get with the times man...we're talking about actual engineered goods, like oh, aircrafts, weapons, vehicles, etc. And afraid to say it, if you knew anything about the current currency market you'd know that with the devaluing of the dollar, and China's rampant inflation, has only increased our ability to compete with them. I personally KNOW steel manufacturers here in the US who 3-4 years ago said they couldn't touch China on those types of goods, guess what, just talked to them last week and they're taking away contracts from China. As China's too expensive. So maybe do some research on what we're talking about.

Even if Saddam made Iraq a crap hole, it wasn't a war zone forever. At least not until we started the 2nd Iraq War. Here's a formal definition for you since you seem to "know it all": War Zone: A region in which a war is being fought. No war from Gulf War until Iraq War. plain and simple.

You do realize our dollar is pegged to oil right? You obviously don't believe we went in there to manufacture goods, and obviously not oil, so einstein, would you care to explain WHAT we went in there for? We all know that the WMD was just a cover for what we really went in there for...Iraq has the one resource that we need as well as everyone else. OIL.

I don't even understand most of your ramblings on George Soros. What's your point? That he's going to get so many people to purchase the IQD, that they'll have to RV it to a rate of his choosing...? You do know he made his money hedging AGAINST the BOE, which was an internationally traded currency. No different than one of the hedge fund managers here in the US that hedged against the housing market before it crashed and made nearly a billion. It happens, he's not the first, and not the last. The IQD is on a fixed exchange.

Again, with the LOP, perhaps you can explain (with math) how it would work for them financially. I've yet to see anyone do this with the numbers that we DO have, like the 27 Trillion IQD in circulation, not the rumored amounts that have no factual evidence.

Not trying to throw fuel on the fire, but........

The definition of the "Law of One Price" (LOP) could be attributed to Alfred Marshall that argued the more an area is characterized by free commerce and perfect competition, the more the prices for the same goods will tend to converge to a common level (Marshall, 1890) or to Antoine-Augustin Cournot who stated «Economists understand by the term Market [...] the whole of any region in which [...] prices of the same goods tend to equality easily and quickly» (Cournot, 1838).

Stiglitz (1993) justified the LOP arguing that «there is a uniform price in the market and price differences are quickly eliminated by arbitrage [opportunities]». A formal definition, given by the "Dictionary of International Trade and Finance" (Gipson, 1993, p. 231), is that «competition equalizes prices of identical products sold in different countries when trade barriers and transportation costs are eliminated».

In analytical terms, the LOP states that, under perfect competition, two homogeneous goods that are sold in two different locations linked by "potential" trade will have prices that differ only for the costs of transportation from the two locations.

Obviously terry and okie have friends in here. Your give him points because it agrees with your dreams of striking it big. I hope it works out for all of us, but I didnt invest my 401K into betting on this adventure. So if you did, I think at the minimum you trippled your investment. Which is a great return, be happy with that. Here's to our millions though!

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 1

The only way they are smarter is that they are making money pumping blind beleivers.

Dont be quick with your judgement.. :lol: I hope none of us here are blind believers because i'm sure most of us have at least done a little research ourselves before we get into this investment

Just so you know...there are actually 2 type of pumpers.

1. Pump to get you in ~ these pumpers will tell you that it's going to be straight RVs at rate 3+, 4+, 5+ and they are going to make a real good case about it...with historical fact and figures.

2. Pump you to buy more ~ these pumpers will tell you what you have is not enough....will probably tell you ~ there's going to be 'removal of three zeroes from your IQD, RD or even LOP and make a real good case about it as well.

.....PEACE

Unfortunately, ZUL is dead on... Appearantly some in here, not all, are giving me negatives because well, its easier to hide and click the box, then debate me on this subject. Mark away, your just proving my point terry k, okie, or whoever you are?!!

You've been decieved as to the merrits of this adventure, not the logical investment prospectives you've gotten yourselves into. It has potential to be great but it may not be what you were sold on either! Hate that, not me!

• Upvote 1

"This project of “removing the three zeros” promises to raise the value of the Iraqi Dinar to $3.33 through a total package of bold decisions, including: first, we have reviewed the import process to ensure that we would not drain our excess foreign currency held by the CBI to support the higher value of the IQD...."

Read more:

Doesn't sound like Lop to me. "Import process"? Notice they said they "didn't want to drain all their excess foreign currency"?. You don't need foreign currency to exchange dinar on a LOP, a lateral move. Also, the introduction of new currency are the lower denominations. Not necessarily the whole spread reworked. A lot of you still want to think in "absolutes" as to what they are going to do. Removal of 3 zeroes could mean any of 3 things: the rate, removal of 3 zero notes, or removal of 3 zeros off the currency globally. The initial print of Dinar included 14 denominations. Only the useful ones were put into circulation, from 50 on up. The people have no use for the 1, 5, 10,..etc. dinar note. After an RV, they won't have any use for the 1k, 5, 10k, and 25k notes. Therefore, they are removed from circulation as they said they would do.

Point is, they could mix in any of these processes. LOP, straight RV, mixed RV, redenomination, etc,etc.. ad infinitum. It's their money.

JMHO, but I'm stickin' to it!!

• Upvote 3

The ONLY problem with your assessment is that your absolutely right, they dont need to have foreign reserves to support a redonomination but... they would need to RV as well, because the dinar has been stated to be undervalued and without an RV, they wouldnt increase their purchasing power, though trillions become billions.

And they would need reserves to cover that change with say a 3.33 RV

• Upvote 2