Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What do you think the RV rate be?

hozer

Well to be honest I have $500,000 of Iraq Dinar. I would be happy with $0.25 that would make me $125,000 US not bad for a small investment. Now I have seen a lot of different RV amounts thus far. But try to be realistic about the amounts and please backup your amounts with a link.

Iam just of the thinking that if it was $3.22 at one time and everything has gone and continues to go up in price and the iraqi people have suffered long enough, How could it be any thing less than $3.22?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hozer.. not to be a buz kill, but have you considered the 15% (I havent seen anything from the government proving this one yet.. If someone out there has a link to show this, I'd love to see it), and the Overall Federal and State (If required in your state) that will be deducted?

You will only end up with around $82,640. You may want ta shoot for a bit more to come out further ahead.

I have seen lately around $.85, $1.14, and around $3.22 posted around here.. personally I'm hoping for the later.

ok think about this ..when Iraq RVs...every penny will make a DRAMATIC difference in the overall payout to investors ...so Shabibi probably has this thing dialed in so tight that when it does rv it will be to their advantage more than ours...Im not saying this will come out high or low but every penny will make a difference and add up FAST.....go rv ;)

• Upvote 1

Since you asked what we think, most of you are not going to like my answer, but I am answering truthfully, ok?

RD+RV ->

~400 Dinar to the dollar, or .0025

I believe my investment will triple, which is great in my books...anything more I am thankful and is icing on the cake.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hozer.. not to be a buz kill, but have you considered the 15% (I havent seen anything from the government proving this one yet.. If someone out there has a link to show this, I'd love to see it), and the Overall Federal and State (If required in your state) that will be deducted?

You will only end up with around $82,640. You may want ta shoot for a bit more to come out further ahead.

I have seen lately around $.85, $1.14, and around $3.22 posted around here.. personally I'm hoping for the later.

I was looking into the whole tax thing just yesterday. There seems to be a bit of a grey area with the Federal CGT (capital gains tax). It’s either 15% or 35%. I say “or” because the 15% is for long term capital gains and the Federal gov’t can’t prove how long your owned your dinars. I’ve heard chatter that for this dinar cash in, our gov’t is going to make it a flat 15% for that reason. I’m hoping but don’t take that as gospel.

Also keep in mind that you’ve got your state tax you have to shell out to as well. (if your state a CGT.. every state is different)

http://taxes.about.com/od/capitalgains/a/CapitalGainsTax_4.htm

I live in NC and it’s 7.75%. So, for me, it could be a total of 22.75% off the top… or in worst case, 42.75%.

What I do know is, as soon as you cash in, immediately cut a check to pay the tax. Take it off the top, get it out of the way, don’t wait.

• Upvote 1

Anywhere between .10 and 1.00. I realise this is a large variation of difference so I'll go on the record as saying like many others that I too am in the .85-.86 camp. Anywhere within the stated range would not surprise me. My reasons for saying this are based on the fact that there are several ways Iraq could choose to RV and we do not ,which route they will take. If they RV with a float, I think they will come in lower, maybe 10-25 cents and rise over time. If they rv on a fixed rate ( my personal favorite) then I say .85-.86 Anything higher would almost certainly in my opinion create a LOP -RV scenerio, and we don't want that. There are a number of ways to do it, all could cause the rate to fluctuate. Just gotta wait and see, but the above are my opinions.

RSS

I was looking into the whole tax thing just yesterday. There seems to be a bit of a grey area with the Federal CGT (capital gains tax). It’s either 15% or 35%. I say “or” because the 15% is for long term capital gains and the Federal gov’t can’t prove how long your owned your dinars. I’ve heard chatter that for this dinar cash in, our gov’t is going to make it a flat 15% for that reason. I’m hoping but don’t take that as gospel.

Also keep in mind that you’ve got your state tax you have to shell out to as well. (if your state a CGT.. every state is different)

I live in NC and it’s 7.75%. So, for me, it could be a total of 22.75% off the top… or in worst case, 42.75%.

What I do know is, as soon as you cash in, immediately cut a check to pay the tax. Take it off the top, get it out of the way, don’t wait.

The government does not have to prove how long you have had your dinar....YOU have to prove the short tem gains. I hope you kept your receipts.

• Upvote 1

Correct,if you haven't owned your Dinar for a year or better,you will owe 35% plus state taxes. Anything better than a year will be 15% long term capital gains.

North of $ 3.

God I hope you are wrong :(

Iam just of the thinking that if it was $3.22 at one time and everything has gone and continues to go up in price and the iraqi people have suffered long enough, How could it be any thing less than $3.22?

For the sake of us making anything off of this invetsment, I hope that it doesnt come out that high...You know what that means that they would do

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am a believer it will end up at above the USD but below the EURO.

Many state roughly $1.20 give or take a few pennies. If I were to make a prediction, I would predict $1.12 (remember, every penny counts)

But, the question at hand is how do they arrive at that point? Multiple Tier RVs? (I.e., 0.30, 0.60, 0.90, 1.20, or 0.40, 0.80, to 1.20)?

To enter the international market, they would need to find a value that makes everyone wish to sell, yet the same amount being bought up by investors.

A multiple tier RV helps reduce the entire money supply of hard currency.

Than we have to question, if they take this route, how fast does the rate increase from that?

Therefore, who would still hold at $0.30?? (I think it would be ideal that some would cash-out a small portion as they wait out the value to increase)

$0.20-0.30 also basically removes all reasoning behind having any hard currency with 3 zeros.

A 500 IQD bill would equal $100-150 depending upon the rate. In theory, now that the IQD has more buying power than before, it may help remove from dollarization.

Also, 1 IQD having more buying power than 1 USD would have that effect as well, but one must consider that a rate that high may not be sustainable (We don't have all the statistical facts to back up what the true rate would be..)

my 0.02 :)