Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raising the zeroes = RV

Good Post Cocklebur, I still can't understand why people will not acknowledge that the citizens of Iraq MAY actually become rich. Bordering countries citizens are very well off financially, Kuwait etc. So why not Iraq. They have always been promised that when this is all over they will share the riches. With their natural resources and other things like agriculture that is going to improve over time, why not? NO LOP, just a straight up RV will allow all of them IF they have any dinar stashed to get a jumpstart on rebuilding their lives and to start living semi-normal as we all do. So what if Iraq becomes the richest country in the world. Our country would be if it was run right. As far as people saying there will be no overnight millionaires, it's been done with penny stocks, daytraders, lottery winners, etc... So why not Dinar Speculators...A straight RV and they WILL get the 0's off the street. Straight from my hand to the buyer. Then Iraq can have them or the Fed or whoever. I'll just add $US 0's to my account. :D

Who's going to pay for this rv?

It wont work exactly like that, if they drop the three 000s(LOP or not) anything below 1000 would instead become Fil as opposed to dinar...just like it is here in Kuwait....for instance here they have a 20 Dinar bill(biggest I have seen) a 10, a 5, and a 1, there are also 750 Fill, 500 Fill, and 250 Fil bills, after 250 Fils it drops to coins....where you have a 100 Fil coin, a 50 Fil coin, and the lowest I have seen is a 10 Fil coin...I imagine Kuwait is Iraq's model...since it borders to the south and there are many migrant workers from Iraq working here in Kuwait(since most Kuwaitis dont work at all, all labor is imported from some other country...Iraq..bangledesh, India, the UK, America, Phillipines, etc etc, seen all of them here...I'm sure there are more that I havent.

P.S. Kuwaitis don't work because the government pays them twice a year, then once again as a bonus at Ramadan...I heard somewhere around 25k payment...then an extra amount for each wife and child they have. So as you see...most Kuwaitis are NOT millionaires, however they are well off for not having to work...some of them own businesses and become millionaires, and if they choose to take a job, they are assured of a good job(well paying) due to their citizenship...no manual labor for them, let the expatriates do that.

(evidently I cant edit my own posts?)

I have just one question....I have 50's...250's...500's...in lower denomination notes...not addressing the 1K..5K....10K and 25K note. I understand your concept as it applies to the 000's....however, in your opinion, how do these lower non 000's play into your understanding. just wondering. thanks

[/quote

I'd say (I might be wrong) that since a LOP is an Equal Opportunity Remover of zeros ....then ALL notes/coins are affected..

Well if they redenominate it follows the same, your 500 becomes 50 cents and so on....the decimal moves over to the right no matter the bill you have

Moves to the left I mean hahaha wow....had a few too many drinks last night.....cant believe no one caught that yet!

Keep I think you had it right to begin with. Better start drinking again!

LOL well hold on, Im not a math genius, thats why I work on cars hahaha lets see here...... 500.00 note, you redenominate that and move three over to the left and it would make it .50 cents....lol yea thats right then....to the left hahaha still a little groggy here....

Moves to the left I mean hahaha wow....had a few too many drinks last night.....cant believe no one caught that yet!

i caught it and gave you a +1 but before i could reply i read on down and you corrected yourself. Here's to one to many last night! :partyhat: :partyhat:

Where did they ever say that they were raising 000s from the rate?

I don't put much stock in articles as they say one thing and then contradict themselves the next article. News articles in my opinion are smoke and mirrors to keep everyone guessing. Article after article says they are removing the 000's and increasing the value of the IQD. They mean they are revaluing. The 000's will be gone and that means the rate will increase. I do however, take Shabs statements as fact. Shabs said in Washington they were going to revalue soon. He did NOT say he was re-denominating.

Who's going to pay for this rv?

The Iraqi government will pay for this. Just because they haven't monetized their non-liquid assets yet, doesn't mean they never will. Once Iraq is a member of the WTO then the IMF will monetize all non-liquid assets. Any and all oil they have under their feet becomes an asset. 500 billion barrels of oil becomes 50 trillion USD at $100 a barrel and that is conservative since oil is now trading at $136 a barrel. Keep in mind that they aren't done yet. They still have 41% of their land that hasn't been surveyed for oil. I would be willing to bet that that number will rise dramatically. They also have the worlds largest pocket of natural gas. The value becomes a liquid asset. Along with everything else that is considered non-liquid at the moment. stocks, futures, DFI funds, non-mint precious metals, etc etc etc. Iraq's liquid assets will be well in excess of 100 trillion USD. The United States has 188 trillion dollars in assets and it is possible that Iraq will exceed that. That's how they pay for it.

I don't put much stock in articles as they say one thing and then contradict themselves the next article. News articles in my opinion are smoke and mirrors to keep everyone guessing. Article after article says they are removing the 000's and increasing the value of the IQD. They mean they are revaluing. The 000's will be gone and that means the rate will increase. I do however, take Shabs statements as fact. Shabs said in Washington they were going to revalue soon. He did NOT say he was re-denominating.

I have to disagree. When Shabbs was asked about removing zeros what did he say? He brought up the trillions. Now how you get he was talking about revalue from that I don't know. I think it is pretty obvious Shabbs was talking about redenomination. He even spoke of how the zeros were put on the currency and how they are no longer needed. That to me means remove them from the currency not from the exchange rate or from circulation from Iraq. Maybe it is all smoke. In my opinion though we need to stop pretending that they are speaking of something that they are not.

The Iraqi government will pay for this. Just because they haven't monetized their non-liquid assets yet, doesn't mean they never will. Once Iraq is a member of the WTO then the IMF will monetize all non-liquid assets. Any and all oil they have under their feet becomes an asset. 500 billion barrels of oil becomes 50 trillion USD at $100 a barrel and that is conservative since oil is now trading at $136 a barrel. Keep in mind that they aren't done yet. They still have 41% of their land that hasn't been surveyed for oil. I would be willing to bet that that number will rise dramatically. They also have the worlds largest pocket of natural gas. The value becomes a liquid asset. Along with everything else that is considered non-liquid at the moment. stocks, futures, DFI funds, non-mint precious metals, etc etc etc. Iraq's liquid assets will be well in excess of 100 trillion USD. The United States has 188 trillion dollars in assets and it is possible that Iraq will exceed that. That's how they pay for it.

Yes they have trillions in oil. Tell me why they would spend it when they don't have to.

They have to. They have currency out and have to make good on it. Why would the Iraqi's want to avoid paying it. They know as well as everyone else that the world economic picture is bleak. Do you not think that they would be proud to be the one that turns this situation around. They would gain respect from every nation. Every nation would be clambering to do business with them. This has always been the plan and I don't see them straying from the plan. We shall see when it all goes down. My money is on them sticking to the plan.

They have to. They have currency out and have to make good on it. Why would the Iraqi's want to avoid paying it. They know as well as everyone else that the world economic picture is bleak. Do you not think that they would be proud to be the one that turns this situation around. They would gain respect from every nation. Every nation would be clambering to do business with them. This has always been the plan and I don't see them straying from the plan. We shall see when it all goes down. My money is on them sticking to the plan.

Sorry. The fact is we don't know if that's the plan. Redenominations have been done around the world. I hope they don't do one in Iraq but they can only mention Turkey and Germany so many times before we wake up to what they are telling us. Again, everyone will want to do buisiness in Iraq RD or RV. There is billions to be made.

Sorry. The fact is we don't know if that's the plan. Redenominations have been done around the world. I hope they don't do one in Iraq but they can only mention Turkey and Germany so many times before we wake up to what they are telling us. Again, everyone will want to do buisiness in Iraq RD or RV. There is billions to be made.

I am aware of the fact that re-denominations have and will be done. I don't see Iraq doing it at this point. Now, whether they do re-denominate at some point in the future, we shall see. Until whatever is going to happen, happens, we are still speculating. Thankfully, we are all able to research and draw conclusions from what we learn. Any statement or view I express is strictly my interpretation of the research I have done. It looks as if you and I disagree on this point and that is fine. In the end we shall see who interpreted the information correctly. IMO we have a few weeks before this thing is concluded. Plenty of time to decipher smoke and mirrors from the truth.

btw any outcome where I make money will be viewed as a success by me. I don't have my head in the sand, I am aware that this thing could go either way.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 1

I don't mean to argue, but I always thought that if they raised the three 000's from the exchange rate of 0.000858369 making it 0.858369 the new rate would not be $.85 but rather $1.17.

0.000858369 = 1165.09

0.858369 = 1.165 round up to $1.17

1 Dinar would equal $1.17 USD

1 Dollar would equal .86 Dinar

Your dinars multiplied by .86 would equal your dollars

your Dollars divided by 1.17 would equal your Dinars.

This would give the Dinar more value than the Dollar and will help bridge the psychological gap needed to move Iraq toward a one-currency economy.

I hope I got this right.

The numbers are most effective and make more sense when viewed this way.

It is not a LOP, it is a clever and stealthy redemonination, with an implied RV that flies under the radar.

There is stilll work to do, but this will allow the lower denominations to be introduced, and will let prices adjust to the dinar carrying much more purchasing power while removing the remnants of high inflation; the 3 zero notes.

There is no simpler way for Shabibi to implement the needed changes to prepare for the world market.

The only wildcard depends on the vision of Bush/Cheny in protecting the US investment

If there is a more logical way to get this done, I would certainly be interesred in hearing about it.

The question remains whether we will get a rate that reflects the lower inflation level rate on the dinars we purchased that still carry the inflated denominatons.

This may not be what we want to hear, but it needs to veiwed pragmatically and realistically.

I hope we get to have our cake and eat it too, but am prepared to accept the more realistic assessment, viewed throug a real world perspective.

Anyone that feels like this is "screwing" them out of being a millionaire will probably be better prepared to evaluate investment outcomes in the future, if it comes down this way.

The rest will be prepared to wait for the currency to "float" to realize the gains.

I don't see much way it can yield less than 300% in 5 years, and challenge anyone to come up with another legal way to achieve those gains...

Sorry.....

Yes,I am listening...And just how many barrels can they pump per day?

I am aware of the fact that re-denominations have and will be done. I don't see Iraq doing it at this point. Now, whether they do re-denominate at some point in the future, we shall see. Until whatever is going to happen, happens, we are still speculating. Thankfully, we are all able to research and draw conclusions from what we learn. Any statement or view I express is strictly my interpretation of the research I have done. It looks as if you and I disagree on this point and that is fine. In the end we shall see who interpreted the information correctly. IMO we have a few weeks before this thing is concluded. Plenty of time to decipher smoke and mirrors from the truth.

btw any outcome where I make money will be viewed as a success by me. I don't have my head in the sand, I am aware that this thing could go either way.

So it is your belief that this is all smoke? They come right out and say we are going to remove the 3 zeros from the currency(they actually say currency) and redenominate.And they have mentioned before that they wanted to use what Turkey did as a template.Remember what Turkey did? I can only use smoke and mirrors or lost in translation so many times before it hits me that I am just using them to keep my own dreams alive and not have to face reality.

1 Dinar would equal $1.17 USD

1 Dollar would equal .86 Dinar

Your dinars multiplied by .86 would equal your dollars

your Dollars divided by 1.17 would equal your Dinars.

Sorry but you are incorrect in your math, you have reversed the calculation. Lets use the 1170 to go through this:

1,170 dinar = $1

$1 divided by 1170 dinar = $0.0008547

Remove the three zeros:

1.170 dinar = $1

$1 divide by 1.17 dinar = $0.8547

Yes,I am listening...And just how many barrels can they pump per day?

So it is your belief that this is all smoke? They come right out and say we are going to remove the 3 zeros from the currency(they actually say currency) and redenominate.And they have mentioned before that they wanted to use what Turkey did as a template.Remember what Turkey did? I can only use smoke and mirrors or lost in translation so many times before it hits me that I am just using them to keep my own dreams alive and not have to face reality.

It doesn't matter how many a day they can pump. The oil is known to be there and is considered an asset just as the proven oil in Alaska and the gulf are proven assets of US.

It is my belief that nothing printed by Iraqi news agencies is considered as fact. The news agencies get their information from the Iraqi government. Just like our news agencies get their info from the government. Please tell me you don't think that the US Government tells you the truth.

Edited by speculatorsRIDE

The whole purpose of raising the zeroes on Iraqi currency is to REDUCE the cost of items and REDUCE the amount of currency one has to carry. Example; a car worth 20,000 usd. costs approximately 23,400,000 dinar at the rate of .000856 cents usd per dinar. Raising the three zeroes from the rate itself making the dinar worth .85 cents usd will then make this car cost 23,400 dinars, thereby REDUCING the cost. The only way to reduce the amount of currency they would have to have tocarry to pay for this is to raise the zeroes from the rate itself, not the currency. If you made the 25 dinar bill worth the same as the 25,000 by lifting the three zeroes from the 25k note and making it a 25 dinar note and at the same time revalueing to the approximate worth of 21 dollars usd as the 25k dinar note was formerly worth, it would take 952, 25dinar notes to pay for this vehicle, thereby, not REDUCING the amount of cash one has to carry. Taking three zeroes off of the rate .000856 making it .85 times a 25000 dinar note would make it worth 21,400 usd. thereby REDUCING the amount of cash a person had to carry for transactions. This, in all essence, is the outcome they are trying to achieve based on most of the articles I have found pertaining to the lifting, removing, or raising of the zeroes.

Right on target!

It doesn't matter how many a day they can pump. The oil is known to be there and is considered an asset just as the proven oil in Alaska and the gulf are proven assets of US.

It is my belief that nothing printed by Iraqi news agencies is considered as fact. The news agencies get their information from the Iraqi government. Just like our news agencies get their info from the government. Please tell me you don't think that the US Government tells you the truth.

Wow! haha okay. I suppose we really invaded Iraq to make the world rich as well.All one big conspiracy. You don't believe anything that comes out of Iraq?Oh wait I know smoke and mirrors smoke and mirrors(Great job by currency traders to pick up a buck even when things are looking bad by starting this bs line from the get go)I shouldn't believe anything that my government tells me? That is great news... so we aren't in over our heads in debt? Those guys are good! They had me the whole way.I had a feeling that the unemployment numbers weren't really as high as they were telling us. I am so gullible. 85+% of Iraq's government is paid via oil revenue.So they can just go a year-2 years without any revenue so that they can pay the rv off.Maybe since we have a gigantic amount of offshore oil and an overabundance of natural gas just waiting,we should just pay off all of our debt with those assets?

Wow! haha okay. I suppose we really invaded Iraq to make the world rich as well.All one big conspiracy. You don't believe anything that comes out of Iraq?Oh wait I know smoke and mirrors smoke and mirrors(Great job by currency traders to pick up a buck even when things are looking bad by starting this bs line from the get go)I shouldn't believe anything that my government tells me? That is great news... so we aren't in over our heads in debt? Those guys are good! They had me the whole way.I had a feeling that the unemployment numbers weren't really as high as they were telling us. I am so gullible. 85+% of Iraq's government is paid via oil revenue.So they can just go a year-2 years without any revenue so that they can pay the rv off.Maybe since we have a gigantic amount of offshore oil and an overabundance of natural gas just waiting,we should just pay off all of our debt with those assets?

Maybe fractional banking can take care of our trillions in debt. :D

You have proved my point. Thank you. We are in over our heads in debt. Your government knew long ago that the train was heading for a brick wall and they told us nothing. As for the unemployment numbers, they are worse then they are telling you. Not to sure why you think that Iraq will have to pay off the rv immediately. Any IQD dinar speculators have will be paid for by the Federal Reserve here in the US and by central banks in other nations. We cash in at a bank and then the Fed pays the bank for the dinar. The reserve and central banks aren't going to turn in IQD to CBI for immediate payment. If you assume they would then perhaps you could explain why all the nations of the world don't request that the US make good on the currency they hold of ours? or Japan? or China? etc etc etc. Your last question about paying off our debt with assets doesn't even deserve a response.