Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Royal snub for the Obama’s

nointel

I think this is a wedding for William and Kate. Why would the president and first lady show up anyway, he has more important things to deal with. If they were invited they would not go anyway, reason why more cannon fodder for the GOP and the tea drinkers. As well as the secret service taking over the security of the president which takes away from the royal wedding. They already called the president's folks and explained or vice versa. Not a big deal just more speculation. Sir could you please post a link to show us where the Queen said all of these words and reason why they were snubbed? Thanks

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

I think this is a wedding for William and Kate. Why would the president and first lady show up anyway, he has more important things to deal with. If they were invited they would not go anyway, reason why more cannon fodder for the GOP and the tea drinkers. As well as the secret service taking over the security of the president which takes away from the royal wedding. They already called the president's folks and explained or vice versa. Not a big deal just more speculation. Sir could you please post a link to show us where the Queen said all of these words and reason why they were snubbed? Thanks

"......he has more important things to deal with" Like what, plan for the next golf vacation? OMG.......I give a thumbs up to the Queen & William. Gossip or not.........Give em bloody hell!!!!

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

this was an email i received, sorry no link. maybe the sources are secret like okies and can't be revealed? :unsure:

Roger that.In the next few days we should see for certain ( of the accuracy of yur Bud's intel) wether Barry and Michelle (my bell) will be sluming it across the pond.I would'nt be at all surprised if the snub is legit - You dont touch the Queen - no mam,no how ! Thats just for openers

• Upvote 5

part true, part false, see snopes.com link below for explanation...

http:// snopes.com/politics/obama/weddingsnub.asp

true or not i can't understand why people go to snopes to try to de-bunk an article or rumor. they can be wrong and have been in the past. it kind of reminds me of people who think ali is the only one selling dinar. just sayin'.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is under FAQ's on the snopes.com site....

Q: Who creates the material for this site?

A: With very few exceptions, all of the material on this site is prepared by the same people who operate this site, Barbara and David Mikkelson.

Q: How do I know the information you've presented is accurate?

A: We don't expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any topic. Unlike the plethora of anonymous individuals who create and send the unsigned, unsourced e-mail messages that are forwarded all over the Internet, we show our work. The research materials we've used in the preparation of any particular page are listed in the bibliography displayed at the bottom of that page so that readers who wish to verify the validity of our information may check those sources for themselves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

true or not i can't understand why people go to snopes to try to de-bunk an article or rumor. they can be wrong and have been in the past. it kind of reminds me of people who think ali is the only one selling dinar. just sayin'.

Snopes is far more reliable.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Well...would you want those 2 at YOUR WEDDING????

The Monarchy is trying to tighten their budget in these times....and Michele alone would mean butchering another Royal Hog...she looks like she can really eat if you know what I mean. There is also the very real liability of that antique art falling off the walls as she thunders around the palace in her size 62 SLINGBACKS :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

I disagree that he had more important things to do than to keep up relations with England

If it was the case that it was because of not taking away from the wed. there is a protocol in place were things get negotiated first not to have them their but to save face on both sides the invite gose out and then the Pres. having pre negotiated behind closed doors that they would not be attending and using a line like We the Obamas do not want to take away from their special day

• Upvote 3

Hard to trust whoever wrote this ... they obviously know zip about the Royal Family and titles. The "Queen Mother" was, repeat WAS, the mother of the current Queen. Elizabeth, the current reigning monarch, is the Queen, Quen Elizabeth II, and she is not the Queen Mother. If she abdicated the throne for Charles, her son, who would then become King, she might become the Queen Mother but since that has never happened, the protocol is not established. It would take a very deep understanding of the Royal Succession Rules and most likely a lot of time and effort to figure out just what her position and title would be.

But repeatedly referring to Queen Elizabeth II, current reigning monarch of Britain and the British Commonwealth, as the Queen Mother, is just showing the author's ignorance.

I suppose I am being harsh, but as a Canadian, and one of those who happen to approve of the Monarchy, for reasons I shall not go into, I find it in very poor taste that someone would write this, believe the things supposedly said by the Royal Family in referrence to the Obama's, and pass such nonsense along to others as if it were true.

Just a personal quirk ... sorry.

smee2

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Racist was the first thought in my mind as I read this trash! I should have known better than to read it in the first place, my mistake.

Nointel, I have liked the posts you have chosen in the past, I hope you haven't decided that this was worthy of your intelligence or ours for that matter, as it shows IMO a lack of sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

, just a lack of class really stood out here,

they are not going because of the amount of Secret Service needed and THAT would be a distraction to the wedding...................

Its not popular to be an Obama fan right now, especially on this site, but come on....

While there is a myriad of articles out there on this subject, I think the one chosen to lead this topic, is at best biased and misleading. Here is one that sounds like it may be more factually based.

Obamas Not Invited to Royal Wedding?

January 21, 2011

Updated: Feb. 22, 2011

Q: Is it true the Obamas will not be invited to Prince William’s wedding for fear Michelle will upstage Kate Middleton?

A: No. The official guest list has not been released. A British newspaper quoted an unnamed source as saying the Obamas are not on the list, but that "could change."

FULL QUESTION

Is it true that the Royal family "snubbed the Obamas" because they were afraid that Michelle upstage Kate, etc.? See TRUE MAGAZINE article, "Royal Snub for the Obamas":

Royal snub for the Obama’s

Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding: President Barack Obama and Michelle are not invited! Michelle is livid over the snub and Obama can’t believe it…

What is happening and what can I do about it seems to be the thoughts in Obama’s head. Meanwhile, William and Kate have it together.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are planning a royal wedding April, 2011. Prince William personally told the wedding planners to strike the Obama’s from the guest list. He stated, “He did not want Michelle Obama trying to pull her center of attention ploy trying to upstage Kate on Kate’s wedding day”. Sources reveal that William states, “She may run Obama, but she doesn’t run him or England”.

FULL ANSWER

Let’s dispense of this first: there is no evidence that the royal family fears that Michelle Obama will "upstage" Prince William’s bride-to-be, Kate Middleton.

As for the coveted invitations, the royal couple has not released their guest list and official details have been sparse. Prince Charles, William’s father, announced the engagement on Nov. 16 and the date of the wedding on Nov. 23. His website released an updated statement on Jan. 5 with additional details about the couple’s wedding plans. But none of the statements provided information on guests. The wedding ceremony will be held on April 29 at Westminster Abbey at 11 a.m., with an evening reception at Buckingham Palace.

Update, Feb. 22: Prince Charles on Feb. 19 released a statement listing "groups of people" who were invited to the royal wedding. No names were released, only categories of people, such as "Members of Foreign Royal Families." It appeared that President Obama and the first lady were not invited, based on the categories. We called the prince’s press office to confirm this. “No other heads of state other than those from foreign royal families have been invited to the wedding,” the spokesman said.

The Daily Mail triggered a flood of stories and internet rumors when it reported in mid-December that the Obamas were unlikely to be invited to William and Kate’s wedding. The Daily Mail said Prince William’s wedding is not an official "state occasion," since William "is not yet heir to the throne." As a result, protocol does not require the couple to invite heads of state.

The Mail cited someone it identified only as a "senior courtier" as its source of information about the Obamas:

Daily Mail
, Dec. 17
: A senior courtier said: "It is certainly not the case that all foreign heads of state will be excluded. The guest list is still being drawn up and could change, but as things stand it’s right (to say Mr Obama will not be invited)."

It’s common for American presidents to attend official state visits at the invitation of the queen, but rare for them to attend royal weddings — even when they got invitations — so it would not be unusual if the Obamas did not attend.

• President Truman did not attend Princess Elizabeth’s wedding on Nov. 20, 1947. Truman Library Archivist Randy Sowell said library records show the British government invited "the United States to send an official representative to the wedding." Truman "selected the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom, Lewis W. Douglas, as the official representative. Neither President Truman nor first lady Bess Truman attended the wedding" of the woman who is now queen of England.
  • President Eisenhower and first lady Mamie Eisenhower were not invited to Princess Margaret’s wedding on May 6, 1960, according to Kevin Bailey, an archivist at the Eisenhower Library. Instead, Eisenhower remained in Washington, D.C., and signed the Civil Rights Act of 1960. A summary of telephone calls maintained at the library show the president had to be convinced by John Hay Whitney, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom, to send a wedding gift to Princess Margaret, Bailey told us. In an April 29, 1960 phone call, Eisenhower told Whitney he was against sending a gift because "no official notification of the wedding had come to him," but Whitney insisted, and "settlement was made on a small wedding ring ashtray," the records show.
  • President Nixon did not attend Princess Anne’s wedding to Lt. Mark Phillips on Nov. 14, 1973. Instead, Nixon met with a group of House members that morning, and senators that evening to discuss Watergate, according to the Nixon Library. The New York Times reported two weeks before the wedding that no member of the Nixon family was invited.
  • President Reagan and first lady Nancy Reagan were invited to the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer in 1981. The president did not attend, but the first lady did.
  • Nancy Reagan was also invited to the wedding of William’s uncle, Prince Andrew, to Sarah Ferguson in 1986. Again, the first lady attended without the president.
  • President Clinton and first lady Hillarious Clinton did not attend Prince Edward’s wedding to Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1999. But then again neither did British Prime Minister Tony Blair. TheNew York Times reported on the day of the wedding that "the guest list of 550 to the wedding itself inside St. George’s Chapel included no politicians."

Lauren Hitt and Eugene Kiely

link

imho the internet has served to provide even MORE bias that mainstream media could ever provide. If you have a "fanatical" approach to most any subject you can find someone who agrees with you ;)

blessings to the upcoming newlyweds!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1