Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NO LOP NO LOP NO LOP! This should put it to rest!

MarchMadnes

Here is a news story out of Iraq from last Saturday. It talks about the raising of the three zeros as new currency being issued, and this new currency does not have the three zeros on them... hence raising the three zeros.

It mentions adding Kurdish writing to the English and Arabic writing on the bills, and returning the value of it to where it was in the 80's.

It is through google translator so the english is a bit dicey. In the last paragraph it says... "And on the variables of the new currency they will appear new look including the lifting of three zeros from the dinar and at the same time returned to the value in the eighties and also will enter the addition to Arabic and English, ..."

To put it simply, raising the three zeros is bringing in new currency without the three zeros.

One of the things were also mentioned in the economic file of the 2010 Iraq is the Iraqi currency and delete the three zeroes of them,

حيث كشف الخبير الأول في البنك المركزي العراقي الدكتور مظهر محمد صالح إن العملة العراقية الجديدة سيجرى عليها جملة من التغييرات من أهمها رفع ثلاث أصفار منها بهدف تشريقها ورفع قوتها الشرائية ، والثانية هو أنها ستظهر بحلة جديدة بإضافة اللغة الكردية للغات العربية والانكليزية التي كانت تطبع بها . Has revealed the first expert at the CBI appearance of Dr. Mohamed Saleh said that Iraq's new currency will be conducted by a number of changes from the most important of which raise three zeroes of the aim of Tharigaha and raise their purchasing power, and the second is that they'll give new look by adding the Kurdish language of Arabic and English that were printed out. وأضاف مظهر إن مشروع تبديل العملة العراقية يعد من بين أهم المشاريع الإستراتيجية التي يسير عليها البنك لكن ليس على المدى القريب وإنما على الأفقين المتوسط والبعيد ، فتغيير العملة ليست بالأمور السهلة فيجب إن تسبقها الكثير من التحضيرات قبيل الوصول لقرار التبديل .خاصة وان الكتلة تعاني التضخم والدولة تسير نحو الاستقرار وبالتالي أفاق التضخم يتحمله سياسات إصلاح هذا التضخم وإصلاح النظام النقدي والعملة ، والتضخم يعاني من تضخم سابق بمعدل 50% وكتلة نقدية كبيرة وقدرة شرائية محدودة وهنا يجب خلق معادلات فبدلا من كمية كبيرة من النقود مقابل كمية صغيرة من السلع نحاول عكس المعادلة كمية قليلة من النقد مقابل قوة شرائية كبيرة . The appearance of the draft Iraqi Currency Exchange is one of the most important strategic projects, which goes by the bank, but not in the near term, but on the horizons the medium and long term, Changing the currency is not things easy it must be preceded by a lot of preparation, such as access to the decision to switch. Especially since the cluster experiencing inflation and the State is moving towards stability and thus the prospects for inflation endures reform policies that inflation and reforming the monetary system and currency, and inflation is suffering from inflation earlier rate of 50% and the mass of large cash and low purchasing power and here we must create equations instead of a large amount of money for a small amount of goods we are trying to reverse the equation a small amount of cash for purchasing power.

وبين إن الكتلة النقدية العراقية حاليا تجاوزت ال29 تريليون دينار وتسمى أوراق تعاملية ولا يمكن إن تبقى بالترليونات بل يجب ترشيقها عبر حذف الاصفار وهنا ستخفض إلى الثلث والترشيق أمر مهم لسحب التضخم وسحب كميات من العملة وهو لا يؤثر على الرواتب ولا القوة الشرائية ولا على إي تعاملات نقدية فقط نحاول تخفيف العبء بسحب هذا الكم الهائل من الأوراق ، وبحالة وجود نظام اقتصادي مستقر فيجب اللجوء لهذه السياسة المهمة بعملة مزدهرة ومتفائلة وتتعلق بمستقبل مزدهر للعراق ، وللأسف هناك من يحاول إرجاعه للوراء لكن العراق رغم كل ذلك مقبل لمستقبل مزدهر ويحتاج لإصلاحات مهمة وسريعة وصناعة السياسة النقدية تتدخل في إي أمر تراه مناسب للاقتصاد العراقي ، ووجدنا إن كلفة العد والفرز حاليا ترهق الموظفين ومع عملة رشيقة لا تتطلب هكذا مجهودات . And between the bloc the Iraqi monetary currently exceeded the 29 trillion dinars and called securities transactional and can not remain trillions, but must Trchigaha through the deletion of zeros and here reduced to one third and Limbering is important for the withdrawal of inflation and the withdrawal of amounts of currency which does not affect the wages and purchasing power, or at any MM just trying to ease the burden withdrawal of this vast amount of paperwork, and the state and a stable economic order must resort to this policy is important in the currency of a prosperous and optimistic about a prosperous future for Iraq, and unfortunately there are who tries to return it back, but Iraq in spite of all the future for a prosperous future and in need of major repairs, fast and industry, monetary policy intervene in any matter it deems appropriate for the Iraqi economy, and we found that the cost of counting and sorting currently weighs staff and with the currency of grace does not require such efforts.

وبشان متغيرات العملة الجديدة بين أنها ستظهر بحلة جديدة منها رفع ثلاثة أصفار من الدينار وارجاعة لذات قيمته في الثمانينات وأيضا ستظهر بإدخال اللغة الكردية إضافة للعربية والانكليزية وهذا مقر وفق الدستور فاللغة الكردية لغة رسمية ومقرة بالدستور وتستخدم في كافة المخاطبات الرسمية ، وستكون عملية الطباعة رصينة جدا راقية المستوى ووفق مواصفات خاصة جدا وغير قابلة للتزوير والتحريف والتزييف . And on the variables of the new currency between they will appear new look including the lifting of three zeros from the dinar and returned to the same value in the eighties and also will enter the Kurdish language in addition to Arabic and English, this headquarters according to the constitution language Kurdish language official and sanctioned by the Constitution and is used in all official correspondence, and will be printing process solid very fine level and according to specifications of a very special and not subject to fraud and corruption and forgery.

Another thing to like is the currency of the 80s was around $2.80 I believe so this is super good news and if all is true this will debunk the low rates as well!

Edited by MarchMadnes
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find, but as you said, poor translation. Do you have a link for this?

http://translate.google.com/translate?&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almowatennews.com%2Fnews_view_18744.html

Sorry blind one

looks like a lop to me

go ahead and use your "majic math"

but its a LOP

raising the 3 zeros is how a lop? If you think govts will allow this its ludicrous why cause didnt we alone pay there war debt to Kuwait now think about it we paid around 25 billion dollars if this lops our govts 3.9 trillion dinar is only 3.9 billion and lets say its $3 per dinar that is only around 12 billion dollars! Do you think our govt would have paid there war debt knowing this was going to LOP! I have a few people who know there stuff such an economist banker in our family and 2 govt official who both laughed when I asked them if this would lop! They all 3 said there is no way not enough inflation for this to take place so I tend to believe 3 people who I fully trust and have been a part of my life since I was born! I hate to say this but I would bet all the dinar I have that your wrong on a LOP! All the forum leaders are in agreement at the very least that this wont LOP!

Edited by MarchMadnes
  • Upvote 9

Once again, it's important to know what we don't know about this situation. We don't know if:

1. The translations mean what we THINK they mean.

2. These articles are an accurate description of the situation, or are designed to get the speculators (us) out of the market.

3. The figures quoted by Dr. Saleh are accurate, or are designed to mislead.

4. The amount of IQD we think the US Govt. holds is accurate.

5. The GOI will agree with Saleh's take on this.

6. The US Govt. will go along with Saleh's position (assuming the US Govt. has a say in this)

7. The folks running the CBI have their s*** together as much as some people think they do.

I'm sure there are other considerations I have neglected to mention, but I think you get my drift. Bottom line: we won't know for sure what they mean until it actually happens. JMO, I think that a LOP would be a HUGE disappointment for a lot of people, not just those of us holding IQD. It may wind up doing Iraq more harm than good in the long run. But we'll all see about that, won't we?

• Upvote 6

raising the 3 zeros is how a lop? If you think govts will allow this its ludicrous why cause didnt we alone pay there war debt to Kuwait now think about it we paid around 25 billion dollars if this lops our govts 3.9 trillion dinar is only 3.9 billion and lets say its $3 per dinar that is only around 12 billion dollars! Do you think our govt would have paid there war debt knowing this was going to LOP! I have a few people who know there stuff such an economist banker in our family and 2 govt official who both laughed when I asked them if this would lop! They all 3 said there is no way not enough inflation for this to take place so I tend to believe 3 people who I fully trust and have been a part of my life since I was born! I hate to say this but I would bet all the dinar I have that your wrong on a LOP! All the forum leaders are in agreement at the very least that this wont LOP!

This post in no way discredits a LOP.....and there is no factual basis on the THEORY that the US holds trillions of dinar either....we are in there for the oil and we are going to make much more in the long run off the oil then off their currency lol......and again, countries have lopped for other reaons besides inflation...in fact, some do it AFTER periods of high inflation when things stabilize in the economy....a lop and 3 dollar rv is a win win for everyone....of course you dont see it that way and refuse to let go of the fact that its POSSIBLE you wont be a millionare off this.....you say all the forum leaders are in agreement that it wont lop? Well I know Adam doesnt take that stand...he still thinks its a possibility....so you must be speaking about all the other forum leaders who also claim its going to RV every week laugh.gif so what does that tell you?? That alone should be a hint to you that they dont really have a clue what they are talking about and that they are simply telling the people what they want to hear.....

Disclaimer: I am in no way promoting that there is going to be a lop or that I want a lop to happen....use your brains...Im here for the same reason everyone else is....just pointing out some things that some are misinformed about.....

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 7

Any LOPsters wanna put their money where their mouths are????

I will make a wager with anyone willing and it goes like this...

If the the IQD is a straight LOP or a LOP/RV I will give you 50% of my measley pre tax profits.

If their is no LOP and only a straight RV/RI, you give me 50% of your enormous pre tax profits.

I am so sure that a LOP is NOT AN OPTION for Iraq under their current economic conditions that I am willing to forego the "you're wrong, I'm right" BS, put my ego on the shelf and call a spade a spade. Any takers please feel free to leave a message on my profile page and we can work out the arrangements.

Peace

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

Hey, I see the LOP as a possibility... I can also think of another possibility that has been currently going on that may end up being even a situation less preferred.

That situation is basically the current situation where the denominations stay in circulation while the IQD raises in value over time (Long-term). This keeps us all curious if a RV will happen.

And the CBI continues to sell/buy IQD w/ their own spread. And maybe, just maybe, potentially start drawing in 000s and RV at a low rate maybe??

But we're only speculators and can only guess. We have to keep in mind, we can sometimes also be basically lied to as some information may be misleading as the real information is confidential.

If a LOP is imminent, at least on the positive side, the ride is nearing the end.. Although the end is not preferred.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that it is confirmation of a lop! If a new 10 dinar note is about to be issued and it has the same value as the current 10,000 dinar note, no matter how you slice it, THAT IS A LOP! They may revalue the currency at the same time but if the new notes (without the zeros) are worth the same as the old notes (with the zeros), that is a lop. If this article is true, there will clearly be a lop. I agree with you that it should put the lop issue to rest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any LOPsters wanna put their money where their mouths are????

I will make a wager with anyone willing and it goes like this...

If the the IQD is a straight LOP or a LOP/RV I will give you 50% of my measley pre tax profits.

If their is no LOP and only a straight RV/RI, you give me 50% of your enormous pre tax profits.

I am so sure that a LOP is NOT AN OPTION for Iraq under their current economic conditions that I am willing to forego the "you're wrong, I'm right" BS, put my ego on the shelf and call a spade a spade. Any takers please feel free to leave a message on my profile page and we can work out the arrangements.

Peace

LOL I dont think anyone is claiming thats the only option here for Iraq......only that its a possibility.....its not all about the inflation growth as the ONLY indicator for a LOP either.....no one can deny that their currency is inflated majorly.....monetary inflation is also a reason to LOP.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

LOL! right, like that is fair. First of all, most of the educated people here aren't claiming LOP 100% they are only mentioning the very real possibility. Secondly, how would such a bet be fair? Ok so the "Lopsters" win and get what? 3-5 grand, you win and you get 3-500,000? Yeah, that's a bet worth taking. It's easy to make such ridiculous bets when you have much more to gain and very little to lose. Get real bro.

No. more like they have their thinking caps on. Sorry the same can't be said for you. ;)

IKE....YOU DA BOMB BABY!!!!! That was kind of my point. Thank you for stating it more clearly for the mathamatically depraved.

Such angst coming from you. Have a good day Bro.......

Peace

LOL I dont think anyone is claiming thats the only option here for Iraq......only that its a possibility.....its not all about the inflation growth as the ONLY indicator for a LOP either.....no one can deny that their currency is inflated majorly.....monetary inflation is also a reason to LOP.....

Keep on Keepin on.........thanks for your post. Enjoy your Sunday. Hope the weather in Cali is great cause it's a beaut in NY today.

Peace

• Upvote 2

IKE....YOU DA BOMB BABY!!!!! That was kind of my point. Thank you for stating it more clearly for the mathamatically depraved.

Such angst coming from you. Have a good day Bro.......

Peace

Keep on Keepin on.........thanks for your post. Enjoy your Sunday. Hope the weather in Cali is great cause it's a beaut in NY today.

Peace

Im not on the west coast anymore....I was in AZ now Im in ATL......but yea the weather is pretty gravy today...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The NEW currency is the lower denominations--the 100,20,10,5,1,1/2,1/4----------------------------------and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with lifting the 3 zeros---they have ALREADY been "lifted' (removed from circulation---at least most of them have)The remainder are mostly out of the country (mostly in the US),and will never make it back to Iraq-except electronically,where they will be used to buy oil. IMHO

• Upvote 3

The NEW currency is the lower denominations--the 100,20,10,5,1,1/2,1/4----------------------------------and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with lifting the 3 zeros---they have ALREADY been "lifted' (removed from circulation---at least most of them have)The remainder are mostly out of the country (mostly in the US),and will never make it back to Iraq-except electronically,where they will be used to buy oil. IMHO

THIS! :P

laugh.giflaugh.gif I wish that was the case!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

raising the 3 zeros is how a lop? ! They all 3 said there is no way not enough inflation for this to take place so I tend to believe 3 people who I fully trust and have been a part of my life since I was born! I hate to say this but I would bet all the dinar I have that your wrong on a LOP! All the forum leaders are in agreement at the very least that this wont LOP!

When a "new" currency is introduced, it is considered a LOP. It deletes the zeros of the currency and the exchange rate accordingly. Saleh himself talks about using it the same way Turkey did in 2005. The only difference is, that with the IQD, the rate would be reinstated to that of the 1980's. You also do not seem to understand what kind of inflation they are referring to. You are going by growth inflation rate Vs total inflation rate.

I will gladly take all your dinars on that bet and tjmunson's 50% pre-tax profit as well.

Dont forget to check this out: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62832-apology-to-keepmwlknfny/page__view__findpost__p__449384

Seems to me that it is confirmation of a lop! If a new 10 dinar note is about to be issued and it has the same value as the current 10,000 dinar note, no matter how you slice it, THAT IS A LOP! They may revalue the currency at the same time but if the new notes (without the zeros) are worth the same as the old notes (with the zeros), that is a lop. If this article is true, there will clearly be a lop. I agree with you that it should put the lop issue to rest.

Not if they give you 1000 ten dinar notes for your 10,000 dinar note in exchange.

Not if they give you 1000 ten dinar notes for your 10,000 dinar note in exchange.

There's a concept to think about.

What if they go that route?? Now that would not be a LOP haha!

1,000 10 IQD notes for every 10K IQD note. Hmm - how about we got that route!?! LOL

Another possibility that is the worst of all. No Lop, No RV, just a call in on the current currency for replacement then once new currency handed out, they outlaw the old currency and it's worthless. What a nightmare that would be. All all get stuck holding toilet paper.

Edited by mentalmagic
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hello Plesantvalley - Since Mr. Munson did not understand my reply on the "The Rotchilds" post (as, apparently neither did you), I would have to say that the lop is what is going to happen because he is so sure it will not. The Iraqis want a 3+ rate - no way that works, without a lop. So everybody is happy with their 300% rate, but that is not what we were looking for. Surprised you did not have the courage to look at Mr. Munson's objection to my post. I had a nice approval rating and I made people laugh. (deliberately) I could come back under a new name, but no, that would be selling out.