Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RE: racepope - BUY/SELL/ or HOLD 4/15/2011

I THINK IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT ENOUGH THAT YOU WOULD BE SET "IF" IT RV 's THEN YES I WOULD JUST "HOLD". BUT IN MY CASE I ONLY HAVE $700,000.00 DINAR AND IAM ONLY 38YRS OLD. MY HOPE IS I HAVE MANY YEARS LEFT TO MAINTAIN A COMFORTABLE LIFE. SO AS I HAVE EXTRA MONEY "I WILL BUY" UNTIL IT RV's OR I HAVE A COUPLE MILLION. THATS JUST BECAUSE OF MY AGE AND LONG TERM NEEDS. EVEN IF YEARS FROM NOW IT HAS'NT HAPPENED, JUST GIVE THEM TO MY GRAND KIDS I GUES. BUT THATS JUST ME.. HOPE IT HAPPENS BEFORE I HAVE TIME TO "BUY ENOUGH". I WANT COMPLAIN.

• Upvote 2

I THINK IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT ENOUGH THAT YOU WOULD BE SET "IF" IT RV 's THEN YES I WOULD JUST "HOLD". BUT IN MY CASE I ONLY HAVE $700,000.00 DINAR AND IAM ONLY 38YRS OLD. MY HOPE IS I HAVE MANY YEARS LEFT TO MAINTAIN A COMFORTABLE LIFE. SO AS I HAVE EXTRA MONEY "I WILL BUY" UNTIL IT RV's OR I HAVE A COUPLE MILLION. THATS JUST BECAUSE OF MY AGE AND LONG TERM NEEDS. EVEN IF YEARS FROM NOW IT HAS'NT HAPPENED, JUST GIVE THEM TO MY GRAND KIDS I GUES. BUT THATS JUST ME.. HOPE IT HAPPENS BEFORE I HAVE TIME TO "BUY ENOUGH". I WANT COMPLAIN.

Great Plan!!! The important thing is that you have a plan - It doesn't sound like gambling. Good Job!!!

I do agree with a portion of your thinking, though I do have a little different take on the "risk" of this investment. I do agree that there are risks, as there is with just about anything in life....With that being said, I dont really look at this as a "high risk" investment for the simple fact of the small amount of USD a person needs to spend, against the possible returns of it. Sure, as far as inflation being down due to the current exchange rate...I could see a country that is not in financial crisis just staying with what works (in requards to inflation)...BUT, Iraq is indeed in financial crisis, and there is an obvious desire, and need to enhance the financial situation in that country. These folks are sitting on a so called "gold mine", and people are starving! They cant pay their bills, and have a great need to develop housing, create jobs, etc... I personally just cannot see ANY WAY that they as a country can continue to hold the value of their current currency where it is now...just for the sake of keeping their inflation rates where they are. I have spent endless hours researching, reading, and have worked out several different ways that may put them in a situation to be able to prosper in all of the areas needed to be a "stable country", able to be a part, and interact with the rest of the world....and to be looked on by others as being a "solid", self reliant country...which is their desire! It is my personal opinion that there is NO possible way that they can acheive this WITHOUT increasing the value of the dinar! They seek investment in their country, they seek to build a infastructure that will allow them to grow in many, many areas....and in turn allow the people of Iraq to have things such as jobs, houses, and a so called "normal" life! I think that even though they appear to be in many ways different from us, that most of the people of Iraq want, and need the same things we do here in the states. If you look at it in this way, then to get to this "place" where they desire to be....then they have absolutely no alternative but to do what we all want them to do! They have completed all of the studies, and looked at the situation they are in, and I truely believe that they are willing to take advantage of their resources....and let those resources start to make Iraq a very wealthy country! Can they become wealthy with a currency valued as low as it is...absolutely not! Can they expect to get all of the investments from others that they desire with this low valued currency? Again, my answer is absolutely not! So....after all of that...I have no doubt whatsoever that they will increase their exchange rate! I love my children, and know that they work hard for their money, and therefore I will, and have advised them that I feel this is a solid investment! And I did this because of my belief that the dinar is going to hold a much greater value than it does now! Will it go up to $3, or happen this week....I would not even attempt to guess....but its my opinion that it WILL happen very, very soon...I dont see any way that they can afford to wait! Do I think that it will reval at $3-4 USD...once again, I have no certain answer...but I most certainly do not believe that it will be any LESS than 1 USD! The thought that they would take this gamble for a few pennys is totally absurd to me! I think that they look at this as a "swim or sink" situtation! So therefore, its either all or nothing! I also have only bought dinar, I DO NOT SELL DINAR! We have so many "nay sayers" out there now, and I truely do not know why these people invested in this in the first place! I would say it was probably a "spur of the moment" type of deal, and most did not research anything until after they spent their money! Im sure most would agree that this is not the way to enter into any investment! I am personally staying positive about this endeavor! Like I stated earlier....there is nothing in my mind that even remotely makes me feel that this is not going to come to pass in a very BIG way....and in a very SHORT time period! I have purchased all of the dinar that I am going to, and like everyone else just waiting for the final word that it has happened! My wishes for EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this site is prosperity! I hope that this blesses every single man, woman and child that has someone who had the insight to invest in it!!! So many good things can come from this...not just financial gain....but the effects it could have on other levels are too vast to even begin to discuss! Who knows, maybe there is a marriage about to fall apart due to the stress of debt...and this Blessing will come along...and because of it, that marriage will be saved! Like I said...just so many things can be affected by this! This is truely a Blessing from the hands of God! This is all just my opinion...I have not one time ever posted anything negative in these forums, as my history will show, and I have no intentions of starting now! Each person can create their own path in life...thats what is so great about life...we have the power to make it great and enjoy it...or to live in mediocrity! I choose to believe...and live life in the prosperity that Gods word promises us all!!! Im sorry that this was such a long post....I guess with all of the negative things Ive been seeing on here, I just needed to speak what I am feeling and believing!!! The Warmest RV Wishes and Gods Blessings to everyone!!!!

• Upvote 4

thank you for taking the time to write that post,,, great info for me and nice to have postive responses and not negative. Glad I was able to find this site, and hoping to learn as much as I can :)

You're so very welcome!!! Read and learn and try not to get emotional about it (almost impossible with a possible winning lottery ticket). There are many that work really hard, putting in hours of time, to better understand this investment. They are the ones to listen to - but be like Ronald Reagan during the Nuclear Missle treaty negotiations, "trust but verify." And please, the rumors are just that - RUMORS - they are for entertainment, not investment advice. All my best, and wishing you well, RS (oh and... learn the green button, not the red :D )

• Upvote 1

Outstanding well grounded analysis RS. Its funny, the investors asking if they should "buy more?" need to ask themselves what is the basis for this question? Some say survival, comfort, retirement and the big one being to help others. All good answers but the real driving force is GREED. This is what got our nation in the predicament that we are in today, absent the political argument. Live within your means, work hard and play hard and only invest what you can afford to lose. As it stands now, it should be a break-even investment if you get cold feet and bail. I enjoy reading the different posts on this site and it is entertaining! Here are some simple facts on this investment for the guru's; What is common sense to us is not in government. When will it RV and at what rate?, hold on, let me get my crystal ball out of my butt, SORRY, its stuck!

GO RV! someday!

• Downvote 1

I do agree with a portion of your thinking, though I do have a little different take on the "risk" of this investment. I do agree that there are risks, as there is with just about anything in life....With that being said, I dont really look at this as a "high risk" investment for the simple fact of the small amount of USD a person needs to spend, against the possible returns of it. Sure, as far as inflation being down due to the current exchange rate...I could see a country that is not in financial crisis just staying with what works (in requards to inflation)...BUT, Iraq is indeed in financial crisis, and there is an obvious desire, and need to enhance the financial situation in that country. These folks are sitting on a so called "gold mine", and people are starving! They cant pay their bills, and have a great need to develop housing, create jobs, etc... I personally just cannot see ANY WAY that they as a country can continue to hold the value of their current currency where it is now...just for the sake of keeping their inflation rates where they are. I have spent endless hours researching, reading, and have worked out several different ways that may put them in a situation to be able to prosper in all of the areas needed to be a "stable country", able to be a part, and interact with the rest of the world....and to be looked on by others as being a "solid", self reliant country...which is their desire! It is my personal opinion that there is NO possible way that they can acheive this WITHOUT increasing the value of the dinar! They seek investment in their country, they seek to build a infastructure that will allow them to grow in many, many areas....and in turn allow the people of Iraq to have things such as jobs, houses, and a so called "normal" life! I think that even though they appear to be in many ways different from us, that most of the people of Iraq want, and need the same things we do here in the states. If you look at it in this way, then to get to this "place" where they desire to be....then they have absolutely no alternative but to do what we all want them to do! They have completed all of the studies, and looked at the situation they are in, and I truely believe that they are willing to take advantage of their resources....and let those resources start to make Iraq a very wealthy country! Can they become wealthy with a currency valued as low as it is...absolutely not! Can they expect to get all of the investments from others that they desire with this low valued currency? Again, my answer is absolutely not! So....after all of that...I have no doubt whatsoever that they will increase their exchange rate! I love my children, and know that they work hard for their money, and therefore I will, and have advised them that I feel this is a solid investment! And I did this because of my belief that the dinar is going to hold a much greater value than it does now! Will it go up to $3, or happen this week....I would not even attempt to guess....but its my opinion that it WILL happen very, very soon...I dont see any way that they can afford to wait! Do I think that it will reval at $3-4 USD...once again, I have no certain answer...but I most certainly do not believe that it will be any LESS than 1 USD! The thought that they would take this gamble for a few pennys is totally absurd to me! I think that they look at this as a "swim or sink" situtation! So therefore, its either all or nothing! I also have only bought dinar, I DO NOT SELL DINAR! We have so many "nay sayers" out there now, and I truely do not know why these people invested in this in the first place! I would say it was probably a "spur of the moment" type of deal, and most did not research anything until after they spent their money! Im sure most would agree that this is not the way to enter into any investment! I am personally staying positive about this endeavor! Like I stated earlier....there is nothing in my mind that even remotely makes me feel that this is not going to come to pass in a very BIG way....and in a very SHORT time period! I have purchased all of the dinar that I am going to, and like everyone else just waiting for the final word that it has happened! My wishes for EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this site is prosperity! I hope that this blesses every single man, woman and child that has someone who had the insight to invest in it!!! So many good things can come from this...not just financial gain....but the effects it could have on other levels are too vast to even begin to discuss! Who knows, maybe there is a marriage about to fall apart due to the stress of debt...and this Blessing will come along...and because of it, that marriage will be saved! Like I said...just so many things can be affected by this! This is truely a Blessing from the hands of God! This is all just my opinion...I have not one time ever posted anything negative in these forums, as my history will show, and I have no intentions of starting now! Each person can create their own path in life...thats what is so great about life...we have the power to make it great and enjoy it...or to live in mediocrity! I choose to believe...and live life in the prosperity that Gods word promises us all!!! Im sorry that this was such a long post....I guess with all of the negative things Ive been seeing on here, I just needed to speak what I am feeling and believing!!! The Warmest RV Wishes and Gods Blessings to everyone!!!!

I appreciate your input and I enjoyed the read. Like my response to the "newbie" new member, there are enough good points in your reply that I believe you should have started a new thread. I also appreciate you being positive. Well done! Great discussion topic. My reply to Racepope was prompted by his question - part of which in the original post was that he was in debt and wanted to buy more IQD so that when it RVs he can pay off his debts. That's not investing. I don't want to encourage anyone to take their bill money and buy a lottery ticket with it. Once again, I appreciate the reply - you point of view is important. All my best, and go RV!! RS

Outstanding well grounded analysis RS. Its funny, the investors asking if they should "buy more?" need to ask themselves what is the basis for this question? Some say survival, comfort, retirement and the big one being to help others. All good answers but the real driving force is GREED. This is what got our nation in the predicament that we are in today, absent the political argument. Live within your means, work hard and play hard and only invest what you can afford to lose. As it stands now, it should be a break-even investment if you get cold feet and bail. I enjoy reading the different posts on this site and it is entertaining! Here are some simple facts on this investment for the guru's; What is common sense to us is not in government. When will it RV and at what rate?, hold on, let me get my crystal ball out of my butt, SORRY, its stuck!

GO RV! someday!

:D You've got me smiling! :D Great reply. Thanks!!!

Great post and all should read. I also choose to believe. At this point, short of parliament getting bombed, I just can't see anything derailing this process that is on a fast track to one conclusion. RRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV baby.

Racepope, a new member to our community, has asked a legitimate question. A question that every new person, and even those of us that have been doing this for a while seem to review about once a week, "I'm wondering if I should buy more?" Because I believe the answer to this question is important I've decided to start a new thread on the topic.

Before I begin, I want to direct your attention to a 71 page document submitted to the IMF in Mid-March and released to the General Public on April 11th. The IMF Country Report No. 11/75. I'm not asking you to review just the 3 page "Letter of Intent", but the entire document. It's important because if you read the entire document you will see the CBI's intention of issuing less currency, Shabbi's asserting that he expects the IQD to increase in value, why Iraq was taken off the dirty float a few years ago and put on a daily auction, a best and worst case review of their expected financial future, and the one thing Shabbi doesn't give you, a future illustration of is Iraqi's exchange rate (I assert that is telling in and of itself). Also, you will see Shabbi's clear statement that at this time his one, most powerful tool for controlling inflation, is control of the exchange rate. You can find this report at http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2011/cr1175.pdf.

The Iraqi dinar is a non-exchangeable currency. It is tradeable in the U.S. because of a President Directive (thank you George Bush). The IQD is based on the US dollar - as such, minus any spread and fees, it is worth as much today as it was two years ago. It is a "speculative" investment in that we are speculating that it (IQD) will increase in value (Hopefully because the Iraqi government with the IMF will revalue it to something more than the 1/10 of a penny it is worth today). We think it will increase in value because Iraq is on a vast sea of oil. According to proven reserves Iraq is number two (2) in the world - and that is with only 35% of the country being surveyed. Iraq has been war-torn, and we believe they will recover to well past their Pre-Saddam era. Also, every country that surrounds and borders Iraq has a tradeable currency, all of which are highly valued. There is every expectation that one day Iraq will have a tradeable currency. The question is when?

Now all that being said, "Should be buy more? Should we sell what we have? or Should we just hold on to our investment and give a chance to mature?

Rating companies (there are many and easy to find) often offer their opinion on what an investor should do with any given equity. They offer these opinions based on a multitude of criteria; 1) Past Performance, 2) risk involved compared to like investments, 3) Financials, 4) Market .... You get the picture. These recommendation are usually given as BUY/SELL/ or HOLD. Now while I am not a rating agency (Thank God! After the recent Prime Mortgage/Wall Street fiasco, who would trust rating agencies?) my thirty years of offering investment advice gives me an qualified opinion (at least in my mind). Keep in mind - on this investment no matter what advice you follow (except your own) it will, to a large degree, be wrong. EXAMPLE - No matter how much IQD you own, if it actually revalues for a higher amount, you will wish that you had bought more. If it continues on the daily auction for another 20 years (don't think that's not possible - though I believe unlikely because of my own research - e.g. - South Korea took almost 30 years to make it onto the Forex, and they are the number 6 economy in the world) you will wish you had never purchased any at all - and if you purchase any on reserve (a form of leveraging - bad juju in my opinion) - you may wish that you simply had gone to the casino or enjoyed a nice night on the town.

For me personally, based on what I've experienced and what I've read - along with taking the emotion out of it and treating this like any other investment, I will NOT BUY anymore IQD. Compared to other like investments there is simply too much "political risk" and too many unknowns.

I know I will take a bashing for having said that. Sorry. At this point, and because of all the hype, I asked myself "Would I recommend this to my grown children to invest their hard earned money in?" The answer to that question is NO. For me at my age, a small percentage of my portfolio in a "HIGH RISK" investment makes sense. For them... I'm thinking not.

Should I SELL? No. With the exception of the Rumors, all the other reasons I bought IQD are still there. But so is the risk - especially the "Political Risk" that is abundant in an emerging Democracy - an experiment happening in the Middle East. A quick word about the Rumors - they are just that - and darned entertaining to boot. I always enjoy them and even like most of the People that week end week out make predictions based on "Intel" and "Boots on the Ground".

So that just leaves "Hold". I hope and pray that something extraordinary happens. But, I know in my heart, that it's a gamble. I've seen every number there is bashed back and forth from $.02 to $7.22. I've seen the debate of LOP vs no LOP. I've even, to a large degree, been entertained by the G.E.T. team - and I absolutely love Okie! - I don't believe a word he prints, but I am always drawn to his post. In this online community, that I really care for, Okie and a few others, are like your Great Uncle or Grandfather who sits on the evening porch in the late summer, rocking back and forth in his chair, and tells a wonderful story.

So, if you are like me - "HOLD" is the answer to your question. But at the end of the day, If you are over 21 and can afford it, do whatever you think is right. If you don't follow any other advice - then folllow this - READ and INVESTIGATE and THINK before you invest.

To my online comminity - All my best, RS

Disclaimer: I bought IQD - I DO NOT sell IQD! Do not purchase any IQD because of this post!

Thank you for your taken your time to write this,,, I have not pesonally bought any Dinar for myself but was given them about a month ago and was just trying to learn as much as I can, and see where I should go with this. Like a lot of people I would love for it to RV and make enough to pay some bills and put some in savings. I am just Looking for knowledge :)

RS, thanks for the great info and advice. You've brought together a number of factors that have to be considered, ones which many posters who focus strictly on the balance sheet ignore. To that I would add the Iraqis' desire to be perceived as a major player in both the ME and the world economy. Nationalistic pride may very well be the juice that drives a higher RV. We'll just have to see. Thanks again. GO RV!