Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where is the .00086 figure come from?

skip@golfing

I have read in some posts that there is a possibility that the CBI may raise the three zeros from the currency and some say they

may take the three zeroes from .00086 to .86 where does this figure come from? :unsure:

It sure sounds better than

the LOP talk I am hearing. :angry:[/size][/size]

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have read in some posts that there is a possibility that the CBI may raise the three zeros from the currency and some say they

may take the three zeroes from .00086 to .86 where does this figure come from? :unsure:

THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE 1/1170= .00086 THEN YOU REMOVE ZEROS =.86

If they lop the zeros from the currency the exchange rate will also change....matter of fact if they lop they can and could immediately rv back to the 3 dollar range

may take the three zeroes from .00086 to .86 where does this figure come from? unsure.gif

the LOP talk I am hearing.

1 USD divided by 1170 IQD = .000858 dollars/IQD or less than 1/10th of a cent

Removing the zeroes from this number to make it $.86 is a mathematical aberration ... this is NOT what is meant by removing the zeroes

Folks with poor math skills began this rumor several years ago by guessing rather than listening to the Governor of the CBI.

With enough time folks have decided that it is a viable rate derived from a logical process ... it's nonsense.

It also doesn't mean that it can't come out at $.86 ... it's just that this is NOT the mechanism.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 1

1 USD divided by 1170 IQD = .000858 dollars/IQD or less than 1/10th of a cent

Removing the zeroes from this number to make it $.86 is a mathematical aberration ... this is NOT what is meant by removing the zeroes

Folks with poor math skills began this rumor several years ago by guessing rather than listening to the Governor of the CBI.

With enough time folks have decided that it is a viable rate derived from a logical process ... it's nonsense.

It also doesn't mean that it can't come out at $.86 ... it's just that this is NOT the mechanism.

Peace

Doc31

GREAT TO SEE YOU ON BOARD DOC....We'd like to see you here more often. Most excellent response!!!!

RRRRRVVVVVVVV :woot: T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E :woot::twothumbs::woot:

• Upvote 1

Most translations into English have used the word 'lifting' and 'raising', not 'removing' or 'deleting'.

In many other languages, the words 'lifting' and 'raising', means to take away, lift up, pick up, physically take. When I translated the Arabic articles containing language pertaining to the 3 zeros into other languages (French, Spanish, Italian) the context of the articles changed quite a bit. There appear to be words in Arabic that simply do not translate properly into English, yet retain their meaning in the other languages.

"Losing something in the translation" takes on a whole new meaning here. In the 3 languages I 'back checked' in, all 3 had the context of physically lifting, manually taking, the 3 zeros away. In all 3 cases, there was nothing whatsoever to indicate that there would be a change in the exchange rate. Just reference to the currency itself.

Hope this helps. It helped me a LOT, as the Arabish simply wasn't working for me.

You can do the math...1 divided by 1170 or you can always look at a site like this..

http://www.xe.com/?c=IQD&r=1

1 Dinar = .00086 US Dollars.

If they deleted those Zero's and kept the denominations the same, you would have an RV of .86 cents.