Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Budget voted on and passed

dhill958

What a collosal waste of time this was.

smee2

What a collosal waste of time this was.

smee2

Yesh... I must agree... kinda like the pony I was promised as a kid and never got... oh well, tomorrow is another chance for it to move foward and today is not over for them yet. Ready for the bigtop music to stop my own self... :blink:

BanG I couldn't agree with you more!!!

The NEWS reels are spinning this morning over in Iraq! Hmmm I wonder if the planned 1 million march in protest has anything to do with this? LMAO! I have NEVER in all the years I've been in this seen the GOI move on so many items so fast it's killing me...LOL.

Looking at this situation logically, even if the budget is passed the turmoil and security issues flies in the face as to what Shabby stated was the main criteria for the RV to take place....................STABILITY AND SECURITY......................look I want the RV as much as the next guy (gal) but are we deluding ourselves thinking its imminent. Dont beat me up to bad just looking for some feedback.................I hope I'm wrong..........................I was wrong once. :D

• Upvote 2

Iraq, parliament voted on and passed the budget into law, within the next few hours they are to vote on the outstanding ministerial positions!!!! It is on Aljazzera TV on the web.

RV imminent!!!!

NO LINK........... Put this on the back burner. VOTE postponed ...... They did NOT vote yet. Don't get people excited over something that didn't happen YET :angry:

Adjournment of the parliament to five in the afternoon due to the delay of the Finance Committee to submit its report on the budget

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Raised the Presidency of the Council of Representatives, Sunday, today's meeting of 36 to five o'clock in the afternoon, due to the delay of the Finance Committee to submit its report on the financial budget.

http://www.alsumarianews.com/ar/1/17635/news-details-.html

B) I wounder don't we have like a whole lot of people over there like military ,company workers , gov people ...ect... ? If that's so then why is it we cant seen to get any credible intel ? I mean even the news from the Iraqi news says they are doing one thing and then another article says they are doing something else for example the no more currency auctions then this morning currency auction results. I would think we should be able to get more credible intel from so to speak boots on the ground. Can some one explain what the hell is going on ????? B)

UPDATE 1-Iraqi lawmakers pass 2011 budget of $82.6 bln

By Suadad al-Salhy | Reuters – 8 minutes ago (10:21am)

* Iraq budget projects $13.4 billion deficit

* OPEC producer looks to oil revenue to repair war damage

BAGHDAD, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Iraq's parliament gave final

approval on Sunday to an $82.6 billion budget for 2011 based on

an average oil price of $76.50 per barrel and 2.2 million

barrels per day in crude exports.

The deficit was projected at $13.4 billion. About 95 percent

of Iraq's government budget comes from oil revenue.

The budget allocated $25.7 billion for investments and $2.05

billion to pay oil firms' investment costs.

Passage of the budget was held up for months by political

haggling.

Budget shortfalls challenge Iraq's ability to rebuild after

years of conflict following the U.S.-led invasion in 2003. But

officials have said the deficit could be wiped out if world oil

prices stay high.

Violence has subsided in the last three years and the

government has announced major projects to refurbish oilfields

and infrastructure and to construct housing.

The OPEC producer has signed deals with global oil firms

that could boost its output capacity to 8-12 million bpd,

rivaling top producer Saudi Arabia, in about six time. Current

production is 2.7 million bpd.

($1=1170 Iraqi dinar)

(Reporting by Suadad al-Salhy; Writing by Jim Loney; editing

by Sophie Walker)

http://in.news.yahoo...070358-428.html <<<<< LINK

Edited by jmilkey

Good, one more obstacle to the RV taken away................I see where Steve1 says most will be disappointed with the RV amount which he is calling .30-1.00. He then says it's because Shabs is worried about inflation.....I agree with others that a low rate causes the world's investors to continue buy the Dinar by the hoards... it will be interesting what happens...I'll take any RV

• Downvote 1