Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

OK...HERE GO's

Tourist (government) gives to hotel (big bank) with conditions.......hotel gives to butcher (consumer/ you and me) and so on down the line. When hotel/big bank gets it back he must give back to tourist/government.

so debt was basically paid with fictious money or credit that was never there to begin with......no gain for gov't or big bank and nothing left for consumer but credit to pay with that will keep getting deeper and deeper.

just going round and round...never out of debt.

Now as far as the VIP membership...I was hoping this may be the flaw as whoever wins it would not have necessity or time to use it...goooo RI/RV

THATS MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

Stimulus didn't work. The only thing that happens was debt being pay'd off! It would have been better to just Pay everyone one hundred dollars... This way, at least one person would have spent it! (in relation to our govt's stimulus packages)

First of all Adam gave a clue that it was a "Thinking Persons" contest..

Second, there is no place in North Dakota with the name Pump Handle. It is merely a Health Department Report.

Third, The Hotel owner is "thinking" that this process could be done. Unless the Hotel is that big in such a small town, there is no way that $100 bill can travel that fast. :rolleyes:

It has not been established how much money the prostitute gave the hotel owner, or how much she owed. I think the hotel owner was paid off in services from the prostitute and pulled another 100 dollar bill out of his pocket to replace the original.

And the town of Pumphandle ND does not exist, so it is a bogus question :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

At first, it was a motel owner

By the end, the motel owner was referred to as a hotel proprietor.

• Upvote 1

I like your thoughts on this. I thought about adding something like this to my answer. Gotta love the IRS. I think the traveler was an undercover IRS agent who watched the entire circle from the window upstairs and documented it all for a stimulus package later to be introduced called the "Government Always Gets Theirs".

It depends more on who is telling the story. Is it someone you believe or someone extending the truth. The guy checking the rooms must have really been digging.

It is a slow day in the small North Dakota town of Pumphandle, and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everyone is living on credit.

Well it seem a lot of people already answered my replies, so I will point out the obvious and then something I haven't seen yet. (And yes I think the tourist got laid for free too. hahaha)

- No city named Pumphandle, North Dakota

- How can the tourist drive into town if you say the streets are deserted?

• Upvote 1

I have a problem with the contest more so than the stimulus package email itself. Sure you are giving one spot to the person who was thinking the same thing as you but as for the other position offered it is a popularity contest. Notice that in this thread the highest rated response is only a 3 whereas there are a lot of 0s and 1s. I am willing to bet the people who had an approval of +1 voted for their own comment. The people who have 2s and the one person who has a 3 probably have multiple accounts and gave themselves rep from a different IP source. Nobody is gonna dish out rep points for other uses when a VIP spot is based off rep points. Everyone wants that spot for themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

I have a problem with the contest more so than the stimulus package email itself. Sure you are giving one spot to the person who was thinking the same thing as you but as for the other position offered it is a popularity contest. Notice that in this thread the highest rated response is only a 3 whereas there are a lot of 0s and 1s. I am willing to bet the people who had an approval of +1 voted for their own comment. The people who have 2s and the one person who has a 3 probably have multiple accounts and gave themselves rep from a different IP source. Nobody is gonna dish out rep points for other uses when a VIP spot is based off rep points. Everyone wants that spot for themselves.

You know I didn't even THINK about making multiple accounts to give myself higher rep points.

By the way, I had 4, but someone apparently didn't like my pun and took one away. :)

I know it might be hard to believe but to Some people, honesty and integrity are worth more than $50 (the value of the VIP give away if you win).

I'd never sell my soul, let alone for $50.

And, for the record, Adam said that the contest was kind of "screwed up" to begin with... he understood that HE, the owner of the site, was giving away HIS money (his VIP slot) for a contest that was based on who thought the most like him and who the most people liked.

Thanks Adam for the contest, I think it is fun. And for those who missed it, my pun post was on the first page, I'd love some more + votes :)

Semper Fidelis

• Upvote 2

yes Adam Did give the biggest hint on this contest. The story is not about a town in North Dakota, or the amount of money. The real story behind this story is just as it is with a "stimulus". In this case everyone was able to pay a bill off but they will be back in debt tomorrow. They moved the money around and if they were fast enough could have made the circuit faster than the tourist after all I used to live in Branson, MO and if you don't think tourist lose their heads you should watch them there. So the real point is since no was produced or kept any thing for tomorrow everyone will be in the same boat "ie. debt" tomorrow night as they were before the tourist arrived. The moral my friends is if we do not do something to assure a good future with our "windfall:" it will have done no more good than make someone else money and steal our dreams one more time.

Everyone is a Dumped On Joe some chose what gets dumped on them.

Edited by Dumped On Joe
  • Upvote 2