Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is an interesting rumor!

* DDT Member: Chase & Cashing Out…

January 26th, 2011 01:21 pm · Posted in MEMBERS (Dinar & Iraq Insight)

I went to Chase on a little fact finding mission of my own to see what exactly is going. I am as skeptical as the next person about people giving out rates and dates. That is not what this is, but rather something that is strange. I am a full time student and as I was going to class I had some extra time and I decided to go to Chase and see if I could “cash-in”.

I told the teller that a relative had given me some dinar, a 50.00 dinar note as a gift. I explained that I know nothing of other currencies and just wanted to see what the note was worth. She asked if I had an account with Chase and I gave her my account info. She started the process of verifying the authenticity of the note.

Keep in mind bank tellers have to be aware of fraudulent notes whether US currency or foreign. She pointed out to me some of the security features on the note, like the horses head hologram. We joked about how plain our money is compared to this 50.00 dinar note.

After our joking session she smiled and said that the 50.00 note was worth $119.00 US dollar. She then said it was nice of whomever to give me the note and that she could give me the cash or put the money into my account. I told her to go ahead and put the money into my account.

She then got a call about not being able to do the exchange at that moment. I asked her if I should just give it back to my relative and she said that I should hold on to it and she gave me her card and said that when I bring it back I can open a savings account. As I was leaving she said she had mistakingly gave me the Kuwaiti dinar amount, but right after that I called another Chase bank who confirmed that 50 Kuwaiti dinar was worth 160 and some change U.S. There is a huge difference between 119.00 and 160.00.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Thats what I am doing tOO, JUST PASSING IT ALONG. Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV!

• Upvote 11

50/160 = .312 which is the nominal rate we are looking or 1/.312 = 3.21 US Dollar per Dinar. :D

$178-ish would be more realistic for the exchange rate of the KWD. Unless she was considering the spread. Which I believe $160 would be more reasonable. The 119 rate is what is interesting. Because that is really 1/2 of what you would get if it was in deed a kuwait $50 note. I tink the underline story here is whoever started the rumor is trying to force-feed the public to speculate on the rate being somewhere near where $50 is worth $119 and the Banker made that comment to act as if she is covering her behind. Therefore, I want to say this is a fabricated lie...

I would LOVE to be correct and be completely wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

* DDT Member: Chase & Cashing Out…

January 26th, 2011 01:21 pm · Posted in MEMBERS (Dinar & Iraq Insight)

I went to Chase on a little fact finding mission of my own to see what exactly is going. I am as skeptical as the next person about people giving out rates and dates. That is not what this is, but rather something that is strange. I am a full time student and as I was going to class I had some extra time and I decided to go to Chase and see if I could “cash-in”.

I told the teller that a relative had given me some dinar, a 50.00 dinar note as a gift. I explained that I know nothing of other currencies and just wanted to see what the note was worth. She asked if I had an account with Chase and I gave her my account info. She started the process of verifying the authenticity of the note.

Keep in mind bank tellers have to be aware of fraudulent notes whether US currency or foreign. She pointed out to me some of the security features on the note, like the horses head hologram. We joked about how plain our money is compared to this 50.00 dinar note.

After our joking session she smiled and said that the 50.00 note was worth $119.00 US dollar. She then said it was nice of whomever to give me the note and that she could give me the cash or put the money into my account. I told her to go ahead and put the money into my account.

She then got a call about not being able to do the exchange at that moment. I asked her if I should just give it back to my relative and she said that I should hold on to it and she gave me her card and said that when I bring it back I can open a savings account. As I was leaving she said she had mistakingly gave me the Kuwaiti dinar amount, but right after that I called another Chase bank who confirmed that 50 Kuwaiti dinar was worth 160 and some change U.S. There is a huge difference between 119.00 and 160.00.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Thats what I am doing tOO, JUST PASSING IT ALONG. Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV!

You might just be passing it along, but please note you're passing on "crap". I will admit, the BS'ers are at least putting some effort into coming up with these crazy stories!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

For all of us who would LIKE to be able to go to the bank and actually have the guts to walk up with a dinar and start asking questions ...

For all of us who do not have the time to drop into a bank on the way to class to ask someone for some information

For all of us who DO NOT spend out ENTIRE DAY expanding our TItiY LITTLE MINDS by ooking for ways to TEAR PEOPLE DOWN in the NASTIEST WAY POSSIBLE and happen to APPRECIATE the efforts of others ...

thank you

AS FOR YOU OTHER JERKS ... MINUS ME, SEE IF I GIVE SO MUCH AS ONE THIN DINAR ... YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE BRINGING THE QUALITY OF THE SITE INFORMATION DOWN BY NOT LETTING US DECIDE FOR OURSELVES WHAT WE WILL READ, WHAT WE MAY BELIEVE, WHAT WE MAY BE WILLING TO SHARE CONSIDERING THE bs YOU ARE LIKELY TO THROW AT US IF YOU DO. DID i SAY JERKS? i MEANT IT ... JERKS!

smee2

• Upvote 4

I work as a bank teller at a small bank in a small town, and today as I was leaving we had a book of sealed rates come in and no one really knew what it was for. Our manager said that we would get emails on the info soon. My thing is our bank is small and we don't sell or deal with foreign currency. Mabe we will have to exchange it? Really interesting and I was kindda excited. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I find out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I work as a bank teller at a small bank in a small town, and today as I was leaving we had a book of sealed rates come in and no one really knew what it was for. Our manager said that we would get emails on the info soon. My thing is our bank is small and we don't sell or deal with foreign currency. Mabe we will have to exchange it? Really interesting and I was kindda excited. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I find out.

Interesting...... Keep us posted will ya?

YES keep us posted, i don't post much i have been on other sites and just recently joined this site, i like the rumors and the excitement of new finds. i know some may be b/s and some kinda funny and some seemingly interesting. i don't post on things i may find or hear because of the JERKS that have their twitchy little fingers resting on the keyboard ready to tear someone down. to those JERKS remember hatred is hatred an R/V may make ya rich but you will never be happy...go R/V..GOD bless...

Edited by Lucky-dog