Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

* VIDEO: Marine Stuns Crows at Tea Party

January 22nd, 2011 12:59 am · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info)

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2010/06/07/watch-marine-stuns-crowd-tea-party

Bless our trOOps.....GO RV!

I looked through all that video and I couldn't find any Crows! So this is a pumper lie. There were no crows in the making of this video... :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

You can rightfully argue that is is a God based nation.

Oh, thus be it ever when free men shall stand

Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto, "In God is our trust"

And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

But in their wisdom they leave it to the individual to define God.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You can rightfully argue that is is a God based nation.

Oh, thus be it ever when free men shall stand

Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto, "In God is our trust"

And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

But in their wisdom they leave it to the individual to define God.

I agree we are not all Christians, but that doesn't mean that you don't believe in god and the better good for all people no matter what religion.... :)

• Upvote 2

Christian nation? Is killing innocents christian? In fact Jesus said he who picks up the sword dies by the sword! 1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and YOU know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him. 16 By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his soul for us; and we are under obligation to surrender [our] souls for [our] brothers

So no Christian has everlasting life that KILLS another. Scriptures are pretty plain don't you think?

So if ANY nation is a christian nation God doesn't approve of them if they kill others.

And Funkycoldmedinar did not think of this himself. He got it from DD's site. He was in such a hurry to post it and be the winner that he continued DD's mis spelling of CROWD....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

* VIDEO: Marine Stuns Crows at Tea Party

January 22nd, 2011 12:59 am · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info)

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2010/06/07/watch-marine-stuns-crowd-tea-party

Bless our trOOps.....GO RV!

Thanks for the post, that is the only way to Restore America, by restoring God.

2chronicles7_14-315x390.jpg

A here is a small town that can be an example to us all, and to remind us that we are a nation under God.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=7898

• Upvote 5

Christian nation? Is killing innocents christian? In fact Jesus said he who picks up the sword dies by the sword! 1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and YOU know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him. 16 By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his soul for us; and we are under obligation to surrender [our] souls for [our] brothers

So no Christian has everlasting life that KILLS another. Scriptures are pretty plain don't you think?

So if ANY nation is a christian nation God doesn't approve of them if they kill others.

And Funkycoldmedinar did not think of this himself. He got it from DD's site. He was in such a hurry to post it and be the winner that he continued DD's mis spelling of CROWD....

So just a couple of questions BANE, for those of us who are in the military when we are sent over seas to do what our country has asked of us and we kill someone because they are shooting at us or our battle buddies are you then saying our men and women who have defended themselves in the line of duty are going to HELL because we are now killers...?

Are you also saying in your statement that ALL military men and women are in this together and now conspirators to commit murder...?

IF so I would ask that you thank a MURDERER for your FREEDOM to say such things in an open forum... have a great day... from a MURDERbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, ... Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.--1 Sam.15:2-3

I expect to hear the "newb" speech.

I didn't know Israelites who were of the JEWISH religion were uh...christians....

Yeah all that stuff was for the jews. When one is called a christian it is because they follow the um...GREEK scriptures. Next time get a clue...

Soldering, I just wouldn't call yourself a christian is all. People like to call themselves christians because it makes them feel all warm and bubbly inside but the truth of it is they really don't read the bible and follow what it says. They kill in one hand then praise Jesus with the other. It doesn't work that way. You can go and kill everyone you want. But it's not Christian if you call yourself one. Just let's not have hypocrisy shall we?

I am not a christian, don't believe the bible nor hell.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I didn't know Israelites who were of the JEWISH religion were uh...christians....

Yeah all that stuff was for the jews. When one is called a christian it is because they follow the um...GREEK scriptures. Next time get a clue...

Soldering, I just wouldn't call yourself a christian is all. People like to call themselves christians because it makes them feel all warm and bubbly inside but the truth of it is they really don't read the bible and follow what it says. They kill in one hand then praise Jesus with the other. It doesn't work that way. You can go and kill everyone you want. But it's not Christian if you call yourself one. Just let's not have hypocrisy shall we?

well your gonna find out how real hell is then!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

??......I hope we are on the same track of improving our finacial situations. And I am appreciative of any man or woman that have served our country...whether taking a life or not. You have the opportunity for ramblings because of them.

?? = Jewish, Christian etc. wow.....

Back to RV

• Upvote 1

Ok, um not fully understanding your logic but here is the deal, I am a christian... not one of those who read their bible once a week or never and then go out and live like HELL all week long... nope I actually buy into the whole thing... ya I am one of those guys... funny thing is I don't Lie, drink, cheat, or any of that other good stuff... I am that annoying guy at your job that every one hates cause he won't go out to the club with them, you know that guy that would rather be at home with his wife and kids having fun rather than getting 3sheets and throwing up on the toilet... Ya I am that guy... so calling myself a Christian is my way of saying I follow Christ I don't believe you have to be in church every sunday (b/c some sundays people have to work or need a break)

Look bottom line is you don't like christians, the military or anyone who would challange your thought process which brings me to the conclusion that you are a closed minded person but you are also trying to project your hate on everyone else... not gonna happen here bub... and next time do all of us a favor...

DON'T COME TO A BATTLE OF WITS UNARMED...

yours truly,

the Murdering Christian... others just call me Will... LOLbiggrin.gif

Edited by Soldiering4U
  • Upvote 4

Christian nation? Is killing innocents christian? In fact Jesus said he who picks up the sword dies by the sword! 1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and YOU know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him. 16 By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his soul for us; and we are under obligation to surrender [our] souls for [our] brothers

Yes I did bring it from DD's site but with no "hidden agenda", just thought it was nice and worth sharing, and yes I noticed the typo but figured people would be able to figure it out and appreciate it like I did. As sOOn as we all realize that ALL religions are just fragments of the ONE WHOLE TRUTH we will all come together and stop being divided. It makes no difference to me whether the "characters" of the story are "real" or not, it's the core of the message that rings true to me and should be practiced by all. The Christ example, and it comes down to something so simple it's not even funny, THE WAY WE TREAT EACH OTHER! Blessings to all, protect the trOOps and .....GO RV!

• Upvote 1

Yes I did bring it from DD's site but with no "hidden agenda", just thought it was nice and worth sharing, and yes I noticed the typo but figured people would be able to figure it out and appreciate it like I did. As sOOn as we all realize that ALL religions are just fragments of the ONE WHOLE TRUTH we will all come together and stop being divided. It makes no difference to me whether the "characters" of the story are "real" or not, it's the core of the message that rings true to me and should be practiced by all. The Christ example, and it comes down to something so simple it's not even funny, THE WAY WE TREAT EACH OTHER! Blessings to all, protect the trOOps and .....GO RV!

Dude, 1 million + for that. Well said.

Dude, 1 million + for that. Well said.

Right on kevnutz, thank you, and as sOOn as you drop your weapons I'll high 5 ya :D lol , and when I said it ALL comes down to how we treat each other, I meant in thought, word, and action, because all of those actions are live, have meaning, and most importantly have consequence. Even though I do not believe in a "hell" persay, I do believe that our entire lives, meaning thought, word, and action have consequence and we will be "placed" accordingly after we leave this physical plain of existence, but I don't think it has anything to do with torture or pain, I think it has to do with "levels" of happiness, and you achieve what you deserve. "Heaven" and "hell" or whatever name one gives them, is right here right now, all depends on what we make of it. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. Man I can "ramble" on that subject, don't get me started, lol. Blessings to ALL, protect our trOOps, and....GO RV! gOOd, bad, right or wrong, i appreciate everyones input, for I believe "most" know not what they do, lol. Always forgive, for if we do not forgive how do we ever expect to be forgiven, and we are ALL guilty. Be what you want the world to be.....countless blessings and endless peace to all, now lets all kick back and share a fatty B) lol.

As the Continental Congress gathered in Philadelphia in 1776, comparisons with the Exodus filled the air. From politicians to preachers, many of the rhetorical high points of the year likened the colonists to the Israelites fleeing Egypt. The Liberty Bell has a quote from Moses on its side, “Proclaim Liberty thro’ all the Land to all the Inhabitants Thereof – Levit. XXV 10.” Thomas Paine invoked the analogy in Common Sense, the best-selling book of the year. Samuel Sherwood made it the centerpiece of the year’s second best-selling publication, The Church’s Flight into the Wilderness.

And on the afternoon of July 4th, after passing the Declaration of Independence, the Continental Congress asked John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin to come up with a public face of the new United States. They chose Moses.

Three of the five drafters of the Declaration of Independence and three of the defining faces of the Revolution proposed that Moses be the face of the United States of America. In their eyes, Moses was our true founding father.

But how did this happen exactly? How did the reluctant leader of Israelite slaves end up as the favorite son of the founding fathers? In short, how did Moses become the hero of the Revolution?

The themes the Founders drew from the Exodus were similar to the ones the Pilgrims and Great Awakening preachers had emphasized: freedom is a God-given right; God promises liberation to the oppressed; God freed the Israelites from Egypt, he can do so for the colonists. But the new generation of Exodus-lovers went further, insisting that the Bible expressly rejects the British form of government, the divine right of kings, and endorses the kinds of freedom the patriots were proposing. In 1775, Samuel Langdon, the president of Harvard, said Americans should adopt the form of government that God handed down to Moses on Sinai. “The Jewish government,” he wrote, “was a perfect republic.”

Thomas Paine’s Common Sense invoked the Moses story to make similar attacks on the English political system. Paine was the anti-religious zealot who continually cited religious examples. He hated Scripture but quoted it relentlessly, showing the enduring power of the Bible even for Deists. In Common Sense he cites Gideon, Samuel, and David, to show how the Bible argues against kingship. And he calls King George III the “hardened, sullen tempered Pharaoh of England.” By contrasty, Paine never quotes Locke, Voltaire, Rousseau, and Bacon, the pantheon of Enlightenment thinkers.

The pace of Mosaic references seemed to escalate as Independence drew closer. The seeds of biblical promise first hinted at by Columbus in 1492 and planted by the Pilgrims in 1620 finally appeared to be reaching full flower in 1776. Like Moses, the country was prepared to stand up to the most powerful force in the world and declare, “Let my people go.”

“I think what’s important about all this language,” said Tim Safford, the preacher of Philadelphia’s Christ Church and a student of the Revolution, “is that these leaders were using the Bible to convince themselves they were free. They’re not that biblically pure; often they’re not that religious. But they’re using these stories to build the case that they’re justified in standing up to the Crown. You’re individuals, they’re saying to the Colonists. You’re children of God. You’re no longer subject to the king.

As the Continental Congress gathered in Philadelphia in 1776, comparisons with the Exodus filled the air. From politicians to preachers, many of the rhetorical high points of the year likened the colonists to the Israelites fleeing Egypt. The Liberty Bell has a quote from Moses on its side, “Proclaim Liberty thro’ all the Land to all the Inhabitants Thereof – Levit. XXV 10.” Thomas Paine invoked the analogy in Common Sense, the best-selling book of the year. Samuel Sherwood made it the centerpiece of the year’s second best-selling publication, The Church’s Flight into the Wilderness.

And on the afternoon of July 4th, after passing the Declaration of Independence, the Continental Congress asked John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin to come up with a public face of the new United States. They chose Moses.

Three of the five drafters of the Declaration of Independence and three of the defining faces of the Revolution proposed that Moses be the face of the United States of America. In their eyes, Moses was our true founding father.

But how did this happen exactly? How did the reluctant leader of Israelite slaves end up as the favorite son of the founding fathers? In short, how did Moses become the hero of the Revolution?

The themes the Founders drew from the Exodus were similar to the ones the Pilgrims and Great Awakening preachers had emphasized: freedom is a God-given right; God promises liberation to the oppressed; God freed the Israelites from Egypt, he can do so for the colonists. But the new generation of Exodus-lovers went further, insisting that the Bible expressly rejects the British form of government, the divine right of kings, and endorses the kinds of freedom the patriots were proposing. In 1775, Samuel Langdon, the president of Harvard, said Americans should adopt the form of government that God handed down to Moses on Sinai. “The Jewish government,” he wrote, “was a perfect republic.”

Thomas Paine’s Common Sense invoked the Moses story to make similar attacks on the English political system. Paine was the anti-religious zealot who continually cited religious examples. He hated Scripture but quoted it relentlessly, showing the enduring power of the Bible even for Deists. In Common Sense he cites Gideon, Samuel, and David, to show how the Bible argues against kingship. And he calls King George III the “hardened, sullen tempered Pharaoh of England.” By contrasty, Paine never quotes Locke, Voltaire, Rousseau, and Bacon, the pantheon of Enlightenment thinkers.

The pace of Mosaic references seemed to escalate as Independence drew closer. The seeds of biblical promise first hinted at by Columbus in 1492 and planted by the Pilgrims in 1620 finally appeared to be reaching full flower in 1776. Like Moses, the country was prepared to stand up to the most powerful force in the world and declare, “Let my people go.”

“I think what’s important about all this language,” said Tim Safford, the preacher of Philadelphia’s Christ Church and a student of the Revolution, “is that these leaders were using the Bible to convince themselves they were free. They’re not that biblically pure; often they’re not that religious. But they’re using these stories to build the case that they’re justified in standing up to the Crown. You’re individuals, they’re saying to the Colonists. You’re children of God. You’re no longer subject to the king.

It was Ben Franklin who during a critical impasse during the Constitutional Convention, 28 June 1787, attempted to introduce the practice of daily common prayer at the Convention, with these words:

... In the beginning of the contest with G. Britain, when we were sensible of danger we had daily prayer in this room for the Divine Protection. -- Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a Superintending providence in our favor. ... And have we now forgotten that powerful friend? or do we imagine that we no longer need His assistance. "I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the sacred writings that "except the Lord build they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without his concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the Builders of Babel: ...I therefore beg leave to move -- that henceforth prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessings on our deliberations, be held in this Assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the Clergy of this City be requested to officiate in that service.[80]

However, the motion met with resistance and was never brought to a vote.[81]

Franklin was an enthusiastic supporter of one of the evangelical minister George Whitefield during the First Great Awakening. Franklin did not subscribe to Whitefield’s theology, but he admired Whitefield for exhorting people to worship God through good works. Franklin published all of Whitefield’s sermons and journals, thereby boosting the Great Awakening.[82]

When he stopped attending church, Franklin wrote in his autobiography:

...Sunday being my studying day, I never was without some religious principles. I never doubted, for instance, the existence of the Deity; that He made the world, and governed it by His providence; that the most acceptable service of God was the doing good to man; that our souls are immortal; and that all crime will be punished, and virtue rewarded, either here or hereafter.[83][84]