Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KWD exchange rate With IQD

kikki

I am in Kuwait, and just got back from NBK Bank on camp. They told me they are not doing any money exchange on camp, but I could go to a downtown branch. They could not give me any exchange rate either. I am going to the closest downtown branch at lunch with the 15,000 IQD I keep in my wallet (just in case this happened) and report if I can cash it or not.

I was reading the Iraqi newspaper and reviewing articles for the last few days....

I found this written about Kuwait on Jan 8th, rather interesting:

"The Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations involve several outstanding issues, including the compensations to be afforded by Iraq as a result of the 1991 invasion of Kuwait, Kuwait’s position regarding Iraq’s exit from Chapter VII of the UN Charter, the demarcation of borders between the two neighboring countries and the remains of missing Kuwaitis during the Iraqi invasion".

I also thought ir was interesting that today's poll in the Iraqi news was this question, with this result:

Iraq News

Jan 10 2011

Newspaper poll and results:

Can pending issues with Kuwait be solved in six months as a prelude to have all sanctions imposed on Iraq lifted?

- Yes (52%, 831 Votes)

- No (46%, 734 Votes)

- Not sure (3%, 42 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,607

By the way, the big cheese in Kuwait, speaking about the upcoming Arab summit in Iraq said that finding the Kuwaiti bodies was not an issue impeding their participation with Iraq in this summit...(in so many words)

I am thinking that Kuwait is going to buy as much as they can to hold for the higher revalue. If I were Kuwait, I would certainly do so. It makes total sense. And given they are outnumbered on lifting the sanctions... and probably getting a lot of pressure... doing it this way assures them of higher valued reparations once it does revalue.

I got through twice, first time told to call back in 30 minutes, afterwords she did the conversion for me, told me I could open an account after converting to KWD then transfer US dollars anywhere I wish......Peace!

ARE U STILL IN IRAQ SO U CAN DO THIS TODAY

I am in Kuwait, and just got back from NBK Bank on camp. They told me they are not doing any money exchange on camp, but I could go to a downtown branch. They could not give me any exchange rate either. I am going to the closest downtown branch at lunch with the 15,000 IQD I keep in my wallet (just in case this happened) and report if I can cash it or not.

Make sure you go to DOAH

if you're going to put it in your a$$ i suggest getting some lube, a not eating for awhile and washing your hands afterwards, perhaps some stretching excercises cause thats a lot of loot to put in your boot if ya know what i mean.

especially if you roll the bills up....

Simple. I will open an account at their bank, then wire it to BOA over here. Problem solved. Or I will say. Yes, I do. I came over here with 1.5 mil USD, converted it, spend 100k, and didnt have time to convert it back. I will do it when I get back. How are they going to prove it otherwise? Or I will say No. And hide it in my ass

:lol: LMAO :lol::D I am having visions of a bunch of westerners dressed in robes and turbans running around the desert in Kuwait with briefcases. Remembering the tune Rock The Casbah

You can come to my house. Its only 10:40 here :)

meh meh meh 1040 here meh meh meh :D

:lol: LMAO :lol::D I am having visions of a bunch of westerners dressed in robes and turbans running around the desert in Kuwait with briefcases. Remembering the tune Rock The Casbah

ROBES? TURBAN? WTF?

Try again...

Blue Jean and Flannel. I'll blend RIGHT in.

Hey guys, I just called their support number and in a fairly broken english, the woman stated "Do not deal with this currency" when I asked her what the current exchange rate was for Iraq dinar to Kuwait dinar. I didn't get the same delightful response you guys have so far. Any ideas? Not trying to be a wet towel here, but that is a bit of a bummer. Anyone else confirm? Anyone care to call them and record the conversation on your end just for proof?

Also, I know I'm new, but I live in the Pac NorthWest and legitimately don't have any negative motivations for this. I'm invested just like you guys!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

meh meh meh 1040 here meh meh meh :D

ROBES? TURBAN? WTF?

Try again...

Blue Jean and Flannel. I'll blend RIGHT in.

Oh thank God!!! I was picturing bermuda shorts, sandals and white socks, with perhaps a kodak tied loosely about your neck........ At which point I was going to offer to try and conceal the target on your back .....

Anyone still wearing digicam over there? I was going to break mine out and sport that.... though probably everyone in uniform is now in multicam :(.... and yes usaf is stupidly stuck on tiger.... but some of us got to wear digi and multi... and I didn't give mine back ^5 :)

Hey guys, I just called their support number and in a fairly broken english, the woman stated "Do not deal with this currency" when I asked her what the current exchange rate was for Iraq dinar to Kuwait dinar. I didn't get the same delightful response you guys have so far. Any ideas? Not trying to be a wet towel here, but that is a bit of a bummer. Anyone else confirm? Anyone care to call them and record the conversation on your end just for proof?

Also, I know I'm new, but I live in the Pac NorthWest and legitimately don't have any negative motivations for this. I'm invested just like you guys!!!

Make sure you call the kuwait branch 00196522917222 the other branches dont have it on their list

I just called and I could only get an automated readout of exchange rates.

They didn't "say" IQD though.

What's going on??????????? :blink:

that happened to me yesterday also, then when i called tonight i got a prompt to press 0...just try pressing 0 when you are getting the different prompts for exchange rates, idk if that will work, but it could be worth a try