Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Okie Info

lambert

THE LAST UN MEETING WAS MULTIPURPOSE, FIRST LIFTING THE SANCTIONS TO ALLOW FREE TRADE, BUT THE OTHER REASON, WAS THE UNEXPECTED APPEARANCE OF SHABIBI, AFTER THE MEETING SHABS WENT STRAIGHT TO THE IMF TO GET SIGNED OFF ON THE RATE FOR THE RV.

REPORTS ARE NOW THAT MALIKI’S GOVERNMENT IS FORMED. BE WATCHING THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE PROOF OF THIS STATEMENT WAS SAID TO BE, OR IS GOING TO BE, LISTED UNDER MIDDLE EAST OR EUROPEAN SECTIONS.

ALLAWI HAS BEEN PLACED AS PRESIDENT OVER A NEWLY FORMED COMMITTEE/COUNCIL THAT WILL OVERSEE MALIKI AND KEEP HIM IN CHECK. MALIKI WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PASS ANYTHING UNTIL APPROVED BY THIS COUNCIL, SIGNIFYING A TRUE POWER SHARING GOVERNMENT.

FOLKS, IF WHAT I AM HEARING IS TRUE, THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO DO, THERE ARE NO BARRIERS, NO STOP SIGNS, NO SPEED BUMPS – IRAQ IS NOW A FULLY SOVEREIGN COUNTRY!

ONE LAST THING: THERE ARE 182 SHIPS SITTING IN PORT, CURRENTLY UNDER EMBARGO, WILL BE RELEASED TO UNLOAD WEDNESDAY.

WILL PASS ALONG MORE AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.

Except for the fact Maliki is still accepting CVs until Sunday and will announce next Thursday (12/23)....Sorry to be a wet blanket, just want to keep it real.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

NOT..................hold your horses.......read the recent comments from Adam. There is a big issue still pending, it's called Kuwait. And there are other issues that could affect this thing such as the HCL and Allawi among just a few.

Also....where are we getting this info that ships are sitting in the harbor? I've heard multiple sources who supposedly have eyes in the country looking at the same harbor and some see ships and some say there are no ships. Container ships and the like are pretty darn big.......how can one guy see multiple while anohter guy sees NONE????????????????? :(

Either some one is a pumper or some one needs to share whatever it is they are smoking....because it must be pretty good stuff B)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Shabs signs off on the rate ? I wish this was in news section instead of rumors. If the mods moved it to news that would make it true wouldn't it ?

I have seen so many theories on why the ships where beeing held up. Do we know why they were stuck in the first place yet?

Both of these rumors got my juices flowing better than my first cup of coffee....thx

NOT..................hold your horses.......read the recent comments from Adam. There is a big issue still pending, it's called Kuwait. And there are other issues that could affect this thing such as the HCL and Allawi among just a few.

Central Bank of Iraq: Iraq Emerged From the Effects of the Seventh Item on the Econom

Default Central Bank of Iraq: Iraq Emerged From the Effects of the Seventh Item on the Econom

Central Bank of Iraq: Iraq Emerged From the Effects of the Seventh Item on the Economic Situation

16/12/2010 14:43

Baghdad, December 16 / December (Rn) - The Central Bank of Iraq, Thursday, for the economy of the country's liberation in full after the decision of the UN Security Council yesterday to lift the sanctions imposed on it under Chapter VII.

The UN Security Council voted yesterday, Wednesday, unanimously approved three resolutions concerning the lifting of the embargo imposed on Iraq on the import of nuclear material for peaceful purposes, and cancel the oil for food program, and extended immunity for damages imposed under Chapter VII until the end of June next.

The central bank adviser said the appearance of Mohammed, told the Kurdish news agency (Rn), said that "the Iraqi economy liberated completely from all the international restrictions placed on it since almost 20 years because of the policies of the former regime," pointing out that "Iraq came out of Chapter VII, and the issue of compensation Kuwait does not affect the economic reality of Iraq."

He explained that "the protection of Iraqi funds internationalist for six months to come came at the request of Iraq so he can qualify and put it to receive funds from the new," noting that "the government was able to convince the Member States in the Security Council in its ability to harmonize economic with a new global system of economic according to changes in the Iraqi economy" .

• Upvote 3

Well -- then one of the big questions is-- does Kuwait really own 75% of CBI-- I find that hard to believe--that's a verrrrry big hammer for a little kid- to try to hold over the giant that lives next door-- course we all know the story of David and Goliath-- could happen

still -I would think it's a precarious position :blink:

TIMS at the port of houston it is policy that all ships waiting to dock have to anchor 2 miles out in the gulf for US CUSTUMES inspection. So

it could be that ships are waiting some in port and some waiting furthur out.

This is a good point except for the fact that on a clear day at sea the horizon could be twenty-five miles. I live in the Houston area and believe me... some of thes ships can be seen at or beyond the horizon.

THE LAST UN MEETING WAS MULTIPURPOSE, FIRST LIFTING THE SANCTIONS TO ALLOW FREE TRADE, BUT THE OTHER REASON, WAS THE UNEXPECTED APPEARANCE OF SHABIBI, AFTER THE MEETING SHABS WENT STRAIGHT TO THE IMF TO GET SIGNED OFF ON THE RATE FOR THE RV.

REPORTS ARE NOW THAT MALIKI’S GOVERNMENT IS FORMED. BE WATCHING THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE PROOF OF THIS STATEMENT WAS SAID TO BE, OR IS GOING TO BE, LISTED UNDER MIDDLE EAST OR EUROPEAN SECTIONS.

ALLAWI HAS BEEN PLACED AS PRESIDENT OVER A NEWLY FORMED COMMITTEE/COUNCIL THAT WILL OVERSEE MALIKI AND KEEP HIM IN CHECK. MALIKI WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PASS ANYTHING UNTIL APPROVED BY THIS COUNCIL, SIGNIFYING A TRUE POWER SHARING GOVERNMENT.

FOLKS, IF WHAT I AM HEARING IS TRUE, THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO DO, THERE ARE NO BARRIERS, NO STOP SIGNS, NO SPEED BUMPS – IRAQ IS NOW A FULLY SOVEREIGN COUNTRY!

ONE LAST THING: THERE ARE 182 SHIPS SITTING IN PORT, CURRENTLY UNDER EMBARGO, WILL BE RELEASED TO UNLOAD WEDNESDAY.

WILL PASS ALONG MORE AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.

Not bad, Lambert, buddy!

That post deserves another beer, and your propeller beanie. You have been officially Knighted.

Maynard

I only see 1 ship sitting in the port here is the link to the live maritime shipping locations. So where did you get the 182 ships from. I guess it was a guess HENCE RUMER SECTION

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100

Come on, think about it.The rest of the ships are probably anchored offshore somewhere waiting for the green light. Do you really think 182 cargo ships could fit into that port at the same time???? :unsure:

Edited by meatmen4dinar

Come on, think about it.The rest of the ships are probably anchored offshore somewhere waiting for the green light. Do you really think 182 cargo ships could fit into that port at the same time???? :unsure:

Gotta go with this one. Wouldn't surprise me if saddam hit Kuwait just for the port. Could be that those ships are near either there or turkey. But either way, tarrifs from shipping are gonna mean massive tax revenues. If I were Kuwait, I would swallow a nice chunk of the debt for port fees and such. Just need to make sure the border is set and everyone makes LOTS of money.

I only see 1 ship sitting in the port here is the link to the live maritime shipping locations. So where did you get the 182 ships from. I guess it was a guess HENCE RUMER SECTION

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100

And although I haven't been there, it's difficult to imagine the small Iraqi port able to handle even 10 ships at once, let alone 182. :huh: Does anyone know for sure?

This is a good point except for the fact that on a clear day at sea the horizon could be twenty-five miles. I live in the Houston area and believe me... some of these ships can be seen at or beyond the horizon.

It's a 'given' fact that the horizon from ground level at the shoreline to the last bit of water you can see at ground level on the ocean, is a measured 7 miles. Unless, the ship is EXTREMELY tall, or you are viewing from a multistory building, seeing something at 24 miles is not physically possible, because it's 'over the horizon'.

That's why airport control towers consistently give local weather to departing/arriving aircraft as "clear and 7".

SemperFi,

~ 56chvy

There was a pile of them in the Gulf of Oman when I checked. It said 226 ships east side of the gulf. Not sure why it didn't show the physical locations of the ships though, I know it shows them in motion... so maybe the anchored ones are not displayed in red or green.