Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 11/17/2010

Doc31

I want to pose something that was just running through my mind with regard to "Why" they would WANT to RV at a higher level on the $USD initially....

I could be totally wrong....

If we speculate only about 1% roughly of the US population may own dinar - at varying $net individually, some more - some less. Why not introduce a higher rate of say $5 and go ahead and protect your currency. Sure you will PAY OUT immediately people that hold your currency, but in reality you will have exponentially larger investors that will be looking to the Iraqi Dinar as a hedge in their currency portfolio's.... From Iraq's perspective right now...

I ask...

If it cost a US citizen that holds USD$ to pay $5US :1 Iraqi Dinar - how much more money will they make in the long run... sure they pay out all the initial investors a larger piece... but once it hits the big ole GLOBAL CURRENCY market - why not demand a premium... Heck if they are off it may only go up 1% in a couple months... but really I think the larger increase in potential investors will have people still jumping in at a $4-5 range... for less money... YES, because their account is in USD and they are paying more for other currencies if that were to play out over time....

Just thought I'd throw that out there - not saying I think it will happen but someone explain to me how that wouldn't be necessarily "bad" for their future either... Start out strong and make others pay more if they want to "play".

- Fresh :D:lol::blink:

Oh yeah GOOOO RV :Cheers:!!!

I think you should respond to the individuals who believe the RV will be in the crap bucket of .27 cents! From my understanding if they made the RV higher it places the currency in the market as something highly prized. Investors would flood in and Iraq actually makes money off of it. .27 cents makes them nothing from what I see. Everyone keeps asking where will they get the money back to repay the speculators. Please someone correct me of I'm wrong but won't the dinar we turn in be places in the US treasury increasing that amount to buy oil bonds? So in turn there is no need initially for Iraq to pay us back on the ground lvl?

I think you should respond to the individuals who believe the RV will be in the crap bucket of .27 cents! From my understanding if they made the RV higher it places the currency in the market as something highly prized. Investors would flood in and Iraq actually makes money off of it. .27 cents makes them nothing from what I see. Everyone keeps asking where will they get the money back to repay the speculators. Please someone correct me of I'm wrong but won't the dinar we turn in be places in the US treasury increasing that amount to buy oil bonds? So in turn there is no need initially for Iraq to pay us back on the ground lvl?

Here was my angle... I agree with your conclusion too - so let's keep that in mind.

Why let the whole WORLD buy your currency "Under Valued"? The initial "pay out" for those in "pre" RV would just be a cost of doing business - i.e. Kuwait post RV.. However if you float a low rate out there - YES - I will cash in and then take my "CASH" and buy more Iraqi Dinar at what I feel is a UNDER "valued" rate... Just my .02 but if they don't come out similar to Kuwait they could really screw up the whole "Let's don't start a Global Currency war" debate... and all the initial news I've heard (Gold Standard articles posted in the past, etc) - Iraq is clearing marking a line in the "sand" that they will not be exposed to them...

So I ask again...

Why not bring out a "strong" rate of a couple $USD/1 Iraqi Dinar... Keeps loyalty to Kuwait and encourages people in the US and the rest of the world to invest in either their currency or possibly invest in the companies that do business with Iraq...

The lower rate if they were to drop one - like a smaller RV - would just encourage all of us EDUCATED investors and all the new investors that educate themselves to dump their "native" currency to some extent and buy dinar "cheap"... if I can buy $1USD/$2 Iraqi Dinar - I will still buy back my dinar if I'm FORCED to sell my higher denominations...

Again, I try and think of the principles of Re Denomination and how they play into such a delicate situation...

Just trying to add my input to the debate... TIME will tell who is right, wrong, or had the GUT feeling we all mostly have on this investment and "paying off" WHEN the RV happens and is official...

- Fresh :twothumbs:

Hi Doc

I do have something for you but I can’t verify this with a link or any other news article as the internet doesn’t exist around the time of the KWD revalue.

Strangely prior to there RV Kuwait flooded the market with cheap oil & rock bottom gold sales, I suppose a bit like what the CBI are doing.

Very good sources of mine & 2 that actually made very good returns on the KWD have pointed out the very same regarding the CBI gold/Oil auctions

If this has any similarity to the KWD RV then I believe that we are a lot closer to the end than I have given credit for.

I could be wrong about this year & for sure I do hope I am

If I can find out more you will be the first to hear

Regards

Z

• Upvote 8

Hi Doc

I do have something for you but I can’t verify this with a link or any other news article as the internet doesn’t exist around the time of the KWD revalue.

Strangely prior to there RV Kuwait flooded the market with cheap oil & rock bottom gold sales, I suppose a bit like what the CBI are doing.

Very good sources of mine & 2 that actually made very good returns on the KWD have pointed out the very same regarding the CBI gold/Oil auctions

If this has any similarity to the KWD RV then I believe that we are a lot closer to the end than I have given credit for.

I could be wrong about this year & for sure I do hope I am

If I can find out more you will be the first to hear

Regards

Z

Zantac - Thanks for the WELL thought out contribution...

History awaits... we shall see WHAT day that turns out to be!!

- Fresh :twothumbs: