Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For those who doubt the investment....Foreign Investment Order 39 and Order 46

Chief V

Presidential Order 13303 and Order 39 of the Coalition Provincial Government. These official orders allow US citizens to invest in the new Iraq, which includes monetary investment into the country by way of acquiring bank notes.

Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA): Foreign Investment Order 39 and Order 46 (Amending Order 39) (September 19, 2003)

Pursuant to U.N. Security Council Resolution 1483, the Coalition Provisional Authority's ("CPA") Order 39 on Foreign Investment ("Orders") replaces all existing foreign investment law in Iraq, and is designed to

"promote[ ] and safeguard[ ] the general welfare and interests of the Iraqi people by promoting foreign investment through the protection of the rights and property of foreign investors in Iraq and the regulation through transparent processes of matters relating to foreign investment in Iraq."

Under the definitions section of Order 39, foreign investment includes "investment by a foreign investor in any kind of asset in Iraq, including tangible and intangible property, and related property rights, shares and other forms of participation in a business entity, and intellectual property rights and technical expertise" (subject to some limitations). The definition of foreign investor includes: (a) a business entity constituted or organized under the law of a country other than Iraq; (B) a natural person who is (i) a national of a country other than Iraq, (ii) a stateless person not residing permanently in Iraq, or (iii) a national of Iraq residing permanently outside Iraq; or © a business entity constituted or organized by any of the above under the law of Iraq; that is making or has made an investment in Iraq."

Section 4 of Order 39 provides for national treatment of foreign investors. Section 6 of the Order states that foreign investment is permitted in all regions of Iraq and in all economic sectors in Iraq, with the exception of both indirect and direct foreign ownership of the natural resources sector involving primary extraction and initial processing, which are prohibited. The Order further provides that it does not apply to banks and insurance companies. Section 6 also states that foreign investors are prohibited from engaging in retail sales, unless at least 30 days prior to engaging in the retail sales the foreign investor deposits $100,000 in a non-interest bearing account in a properly licensed Iraqi bank located in Iraq, in accordance with procedures issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Trade.

Section 7 of Order 39, entitled "Implementing Foreign Investment" states that a foreign investor may implement foreign investment using, among other things, freely convertible currencies or Iraqi legal tender, in the following forms: "(a) establishing a wholly foreign-owned business entity in Iraq, including as a subsidiary of a foreign investor; (B) establishing a business entity jointly with an Iraqi investor; © establishing a branch office, as set forth in Section 5 herein; and (d) directly acquiring an investment." In addition, it states that a foreign investor shall be authorized to: "(a) possess, use, and dispose of its investments; (B) manage or participate in managing a business entity; © transfer its rights and obligations to other persons in accordance with the law; (d) transfer abroad without delay all funds associated with its foreign investment, including: i) shares or profits and dividends; ii) proceeds from the sale or other disposition of its foreign investment or a portion thereof; iii) interest, royalty payments, management fees, other fees and payments made under a contract; and iv) other transfers approved by the Ministry of Trade; e) exercise any other authority conferred upon it by law. Order 46 amends section 7(3) and 2 of Order 39, providing that "The Minister of Trade, in direct consultation with the CPA, shall properly issue regulations to assist in the implementation of this Order, in coordination with the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Planning."

http://www.asil.org/ilib0704.cfm#l2

• Upvote 10

Thanks Chief for all your posts! By the way, have great respect for the Master Chief that taught me a great trade and gave me much wisdom many years ago, wish I could find him (if he is still with us). Have looked, but to no avail.

WM13 (HT3-USN)

Thanks Waterman13, I'm actually a former Army Paratrooper (Got out in '85), Me being a Chief (Asst. Chief actually) comes from being with the fire service for 20yrs. I do appreciate the accolade though :)

• Upvote 4

Thanks Waterman13, I'm actually a former Army Paratrooper (Got out in '85), Me being a Chief (Asst. Chief actually) comes from being with the fire service for 20yrs. I do appreciate the accolade though :)

Thanks for all your service to our country, I got out of the USN in '81, out of USNR in '84, and served in my hometown volunteer fire department in upstate New York. God Bless you and have a great day!

Go Iraq, Go GOI, Go RV!

WM13

• Upvote 4

Thanks for all your service to our country, I got out of the USN in '81, out of USNR in '84, and served in my hometown volunteer fire department in upstate New York. God Bless you and have a great day!

Go Iraq, Go GOI, Go RV!

WM13

Thank you for your Service as well! God Bless! Go RV!!! :) Maliki's in!!!

• Upvote 1

Chief I would like to also reiterate what w13 has said. Thanks not only for your service for our country but for this investment information that you have gave. So many people dint understand what it takes to be able to go to the store, a restaurant, get a hamburger on every corner of their city. Forgetting how all this has happened and still is. Our freedom is not free. Its because of men and women (like yourself) has put themselves in harms way for this to happen. I have instilled this in my children's hearts and minds and I am sure they will their kids also. SO.....Thanks you and may God continue to bless you and your family on your journey of life. Never forget we know the end of the story. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

SCAM, THE ONLY SCAM THAT IS GOING ON WITH IQD, IS , IS, IS, YOU SHOULD OF PURCHASED THE IQD FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY... IF YOU DID NOT PURCHASE THE IQD, YOU GOT SCAMMED...AS ALWAYS... GOD BLESS........

very true... I do believe this is a great investment and This is not a SCAM, this could be the answer to financial freedom all the way around and to boost the economy back up global we just happened to be in the middle of it. god bless. Go Maliki and Gooooooo RV.

• Upvote 1

Hey Chief!!

You remain "The Man" in my book, brother!

Thanks for finding and posting this.

I think we should all print and save a copy of this document in the event of :

1. An IRS audit post RV.

2. The banks try to give us a hard time when we transfer funds from the RV.

3. In the event our bank accounts get frozen under the Patriot Act - if the Gov. is suspicious about the large amounts of cash recently transferred into our bank accounts.

4. For dealing with uninformed CPAs,tax advisers, etc etc when preparing our taxes so there is documentation that this was a legal investment according to the US Government.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Peace!

And thanks, Chief, for your always level-headed thoughts on this investment.

ReachingHigher

• Upvote 4

I am also a 21 year Vet. Please remember the 4,400 Deaths and 38,000 wounded. These Brave American Heroes are responsible for this dream to be a reality. As you think about your new house and new car, think about how we can thank these Brave Heroes for their sacrifice and dedication to God and Country...

• Upvote 11

Thank you so much for posting this!! I went to the link and have copied it also, but if you would help me out. Can you give me-or is this the link that is the actual proclamation from the President? Or is it in another place? Here is what I am thinking and curious about....He was so good to have thought this out, I'm wondering if in the original document, possibly buried in legal terms, the decision on how we will pay taxes on it? Just wondering if (wishful thinking) if there is some loop hole for the taxes that would normally be due on it? I've posted on here before that you know our congressmen have invested in the dinar and you know they are not going to pay hefty taxes on it, so there has to be a loop hole somewhere, and just trying to find it. I will be researching this more later, but have to head to church (children's sermon!) but wanted to get your thoughts while I was gone. Thank you so much for your help I truly appreciate all you have done for this site with your posts and for the sacrifices you have made for our country. God Bless You!

• Upvote 1

It isn't a scam....it is a currency with value and this gives us the same rights as Iraq has to own and invest in it....but what it doesn't mean is that the currency will go up 1000% over night....when people say scam I'm pretty sure that is what they are referring to. The dinar has already gone up over 40% over the last several years which is a pretty significant return...and it should continue to improve gradually....but there has never been any proof that it is even possible to "RV" to the level that people hope and dream of....and believe me...I was one of the dreamers too. But after researching and reading everything I could find on it...there just isn't any rational argument for it....but I assure you people are making lots of money by getting you to believe that it will.

• Downvote 1

It isn't a scam....it is a currency with value and this gives us the same rights as Iraq has to own and invest in it....but what it doesn't mean is that the currency will go up 1000% over night....when people say scam I'm pretty sure that is what they are referring to. The dinar has already gone up over 40% over the last several years which is a pretty significant return...and it should continue to improve gradually....but there has never been any proof that it is even possible to "RV" to the level that people hope and dream of....and believe me...I was one of the dreamers too. But after researching and reading everything I could find on it...there just isn't any rational argument for it....but I assure you people are making lots of money by getting you to believe that it will.

I have made $30,000 trading commodity currencies. That is pretty good in my opinion. What about the Kuwait RV? It is over $3 now. In 1993 you could have bought it on the cheap. True the WWW was not around then but there were currency dealers who could have sold it to you. What about WW2 with Germany etc. I understand people got rich off of their RVed currency.

• Upvote 1

I have made $30,000 trading commodity currencies. That is pretty good in my opinion. What about the Kuwait RV? It is over $3 now. In 1993 you could have bought it on the cheap. True the WWW was not around then but there were currency dealers who could have sold it to you. What about WW2 with Germany etc. I understand people got rich off of their RVed currency.

Kuwait didn't Revalue their currency and you could not buy it from dealers....it was outlawed by Saddam when he invaded...people sold it on the street for pennies on the dollar...the official exchange rate never changed, you can verify this off of the IMF website. When we returned the country to them they reinstated the currency...but they also closed their borders and gave everyone 45 days to exchange it for a new currency so that suddam couldn't profit off of the money he stole. Kuwait is a very bad example and way overused as a comparison. Don't take my word for it...it's pretty easy to verify. I have asked many times for someone to post how they made money off of Kuwait but no one ever has. I know people did make money of off it just not the same way people hope to off of Iraq.

• Upvote 1

Thanks ChiefV, It's nice to hear from a fellow Vet. Spent 15.5 years in the USMC and 6.5 years in the Washington Army National Guard, one tour in Iraq, turned 50 there. Every bit of solid news helps in the coming days. Thanks for all your for all your input, greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Kuwait didn't Revalue their currency and you could not buy it from dealers....it was outlawed by Saddam when he invaded...people sold it on the street for pennies on the dollar...the official exchange rate never changed, you can verify this off of the IMF website. When we returned the country to them they reinstated the currency...but they also closed their borders and gave everyone 45 days to exchange it for a new currency so that suddam couldn't profit off of the money he stole. Kuwait is a very bad example and way overused as a comparison. Don't take my word for it...it's pretty easy to verify. I have asked many times for someone to post how they made money off of Kuwait but no one ever has. I know people did make money of off it just not the same way people hope to off of Iraq.

The people that made money off of the Kuwaiti currency do not have to prove anything to you. I've already told you about Doc's friend. If that's not good enough for you, get lost. You do not know what you are talking about, you are just flapping your lips. You said there has not been any facts presented to favor an RV of the Iraqi dinar, you've got to be kidding. There has been article after article about the dinar, and why it will RV. A document has even been produced by Scooter stating the RV rate in their budget. You sure seem to hang around this site, for someone who is so sure of himself. Take your negativity and get lost. By the way the Kuwaiti currency did revalue, and millionaires were made. Who cares what you believe, and nobody owes you any proof. Their wealth will remain a secret, just as mine will remain a secret when the dinar revalues.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

The people that made money off of the Kuwaiti currency do not have to prove anything to you. I've already told you about Doc's friend. If that's not good enough for you, get lost. You do not know what you are talking about, you are just flapping your lips. You said there has not been any facts presented to favor an RV of the Iraqi dinar, you've got to be kidding. There has been article after article about the dinar, and why it will RV. A document has even been produced by Scooter stating the RV rate in their budget. You sure seem to hang around this site, for someone who is so sure of himself. Take your negativity and get lost. By the way the Kuwaiti currency did revalue, and millionaires were made. Who cares what you believe, and nobody owes you any proof. Their wealth will remain a secret, just as mine will remain a secret when the dinar revalues.

Not only did folks make alot of money off of the Kuwait dinar, but also the ruble and deutsche marc too.

• Upvote 1