Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No RV this year info below proves it, sorry!!

zantac

Sorry to post such bad news but I feel this post will sum up the possibility of NO RV in 2010.

Go about your daily business, forget the rumours they will only break your heart.

I have highlighted in red the information that should spell it out clear as day that the RV will not be in 2010, OK it doesn’t say that but read it, then tell me any GURU that can twist this into good news

link

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304173704575577870508351504.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

ISTANBUL—The Central Bank of Iraq has instructed private banks to raise at least $7 billion in fresh capital over the next three years to be able to handle an expected oil-fueled construction boom, a top bank official said Wednesday.

New rules by the Central Bank would force Iraqi private banks to raise their capital to at least 250 billion Iraqi dinars ($214 million) each by 2013, Ahmed Ibraihi, Vice Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, said in an exclusive interview. These banks, numbering 32, now have a minimum capital requirement of 50 billion dinars each.

"We are taking these measures in order that companies which are implementing big projects in Iraq, including the oil contracts would start to deal with our banks," Mr. Ibraihi said on the sidelines of an Iraqi petroleum meeting in Istanbul.

Iraq has clinched some 11 multibillion deals over the last 11 months with international oil companies to raise its crude-oil production capacity to 12 million barrels a day from the current 2.4 million barrels a day.

Mr. Ibraihi was in Istanbul to reassure the more than 20 international oil and gas companies who won these mega projects that they can deal with local banks to help them implement their projects in Iraq.

"I will tell them in my presentation that they shouldn't worry. They should open accounts and letters of credit in these banks," he said.

Years of sanctions and wars have isolated Iraqi banks from the rest of the world, and they now lag behind developed and efficient banking systems.

However, Mr. Ibraihi said that the Central Bank is enforcing new measures that would enable these private banks to consolidate.

"If they cannot afford to raise their capitals to the level we want them to, they can merge together and make few successful and potential banks," he added. Capital could come from regional banks, in particular from Gulf States, as well as from some international banks.

Banks such as the HSBC Holdings PLC, Qatar's Ahli Bank, and Kuwait National Bank maintain large portions of stakes at Iraq's private banks.

International companies investing in Iraq are currently dealing mostly with a post-war-opened Trade Bank of Iraq, set up by the U.S. authorities in July 2003 to finance trade and reconstruction projects. The state-run bank's assets are expected to grow this year to $13 billion from around $10 billion a year earlier.

Iraq's two traditional state-run banks, Rafaidan and Rasheed, cannot handle LCs and money transfer for customers abroad due to foreign debts that they need to meet first, Mr. Ibraihi said. Each of the two banks is popular inside Iraq and each maintains capital of at least $9 billion.

Once again I am sorry to bring bad news but at least I have posted something that is honest & more worthy than stupid rumours we constantly get of the next RV weekend

• Upvote 35
  • Downvote 88

True to form the DV wishers, posted less than 2 minutes & already negative hits to the full.

Let’s face it you all hate the truth but love to believe in a good old daft rumour.

This road will be much harder for you unless you face the facts

• Upvote 29
  • Downvote 27

I gave you a (+) for the research time you put into it, but..........

I'm not bashing, but I'm not catching where that outlines that the revalue of their currency can't happen in the next two months. I basically read that their country is war torn, the banking systems in private banks are not up to the latest technology, and two state banks have debts CURRENTLY, and can't handle LCs and money transfers.

Maybe I'm not reading far enough between the lines?

Know Moral Eyes

Edited by know_moral_eyes
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Seems like we've seen these same words, perhaps not in exactly the same order - before ;) ty zantac for sharing :)

True to form the DV wishers, posted less than 2 minutes & already negative hits to the full.

Let’s face it you all hate the truth but love to believe in a good old daft rumour.

sure wish those red and green buttons could just go away cause I'm sure there is always "mental dialogue" when someone gives a neg and I'm pretty sure it's not reality they're being neg about lol

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

Funds appropriation , Means one thing Ask for it now , Get it later . like US everything is going down the toilet , RV is a big day for both departments . Can't put any real figures down until Fruition . Just another sign for much needed RV. No Worries RV 2010

:lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I would say that their inefficient systems would not hamper an RV in 2010 either......the two main banks do not have to do much in terms of the RV...if they do plz explain, but be prepared to have it shot down, these should be common sense responses.......The CBI would have more work as would the governement in changing payroll and retirement payments but if you are a bank and you have 100,000 customers with a combined 2 billion dinar, guess what, after the RV you still have 100,000 customers with a combined 2 billion dinar......the customers would have a lot more purchasing power though, industry would have to re-evaluate costs and change pricing and on down the line, but it doesn't affect the bank whatsoever....Citizens may be forced to open bank accounts but there systems can handle that....JMHO

GO RV 2010

GO SKINS 2010-11

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

What about all the articles from the CBI and MOF refering to redenominating the IQD after the formation of the GOI????? Ever think that maybe this is another ploy to keep speculative buyers out of purchasing IQD or already investors in IQD to get frustrated and sell back their IQD. Just a thought...

• Upvote 5

Wow, You want some cheese with that whine

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 8

I totally agree that it WILL NOT happen this year.... I dont think its going to happen for a couple more years. Maybe in 2012 just before Obama is due to run for his second term. "Oh its a ploy, smoke and mirrors," Maybe it is what it is. Lets face it, Iraq has gone this long at this rate whats a few ,more years? I do believe that it will happen , just not for awhile.

Edited by DCupp
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 20

Ok Zantac...let's go ahead and entertain your idea or opinion (not saying you are right or wrong by the way). I read this article and agree, their banking might very well be a bit "chewed up" and has a lot of catching up to do. However, have you considered that the real issue for the RV/RI and their ability to perform lies specifically within the CBI itself? The banking system can be a bit "behind the times" which is what I read in this article, but I am wondering why you feel this will push out to AFTER the end of 2010? I get what you are thinking but the banks and the CBI are two different animals when it comes to the RV/RI. Just curious if I'm missing something here as it is entirely possible. :D

Edited by hrdbawl
  • Upvote 8

I had no idea that your opinion is "FACT".

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

International companies investing in Iraq are currently dealing mostly with a post-war-opened Trade Bank of Iraq, set up by the U.S. authorities in July 2003

IN SHORT WE ALL KNOW THIS AS THE CBI

DO SOME HOMEWORK YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 27

I am not in agreement on all your facts but I too think there is a possibility from happening now to the first few months into the new year. My original thoughts after reading the letter of intent 3 times were the first of the year. Since 05 when I first was involved I have never thought it has had potential until the current events that led up to this month.

That being said I took a negative off of yours as you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. Would have been a good title (in my opinion).;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the real scoop on this.....I've been thinking sometime around June 2011. After all the months and all the dates for RV that come and pass over and over and over again I am amazed at how so many here don't realize that this is moving on a time frame whose clock is moving at an international level. One day on that clock is a month on ours. I have gleened from all the information on this site and others....that we have months to go still. It is refreshing to see some reason from someone else who can see the real possibility of this. Look I wish it would happen right now...it's just the news and the speed of movement doesn't indicated anything happening soon at least to me anyway.

I am not an expert on countries RV'ing and what really triggers it and what goes on behind the scenes, but I have been following and educating myself for over a year and I don't see anything that would say it is not going to happen soon. What news and speed of movement are you referring to that would tell you it is RV'ing? Are you intimately familiar with the process of a country RV'ing, and the unusual circumstance that makes the Iraqi RV completely different from previous countries? Just would like to know from your experise. Thank you.

• Upvote 2

I hate to disagree with you Z, but the structure of the banks has already been done according to Viper 51 and the research that Scooter has done. I read the article earlier and disreguarded it because of those facts. I think its a whole lot of smoke coming out. Its been like this all day. They have always said that it would be like this toward the end of the ride. GO RV!!!!!!!

• Upvote 6

I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe :)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1